All Comments on 'Vows'

by Agena

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments
jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Deceit as basis for marriage

Janice and her parents all knew exactly the type of lifestyle they were trying to trap him into and none of them were honest enough to have an open discussion about it. Further, Janice was already acting out her faithless lifestyle and she "didn't think he would mind". Truly brain dead woman here. I guess the weak part of the plot is that wedding vows are not really that binding except to the people who speak them. If she had ulterior motives when she made her vows that is fraud. Most people who are victims of fraud are let out of their side of a contract. Tricking someone into something is not binding. It's great that he caught on as he did and he was a wonderfully strong character to stop the wedding in mid stride and then to leave her. You even get in the obligatory pounding of his useless friend Jeff. It's a interesting view into the world of Janice and her parents thinking they can maneuver him into this wedding.

APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxalmost 14 years ago
Read this on a different site...

and have thought about it since. I don't know that I ever thought much about the vows I took 41 years ago. They were the traditional and while swapping was just coming into the open (been around for a long as there's been marriage) it never crossed my mind to take part.

I married very young, still a teen and we had to spend a lot of time apart. Was I tempted, sure, but it was many years before I understood that folks need to live by a set of values... morals or life really doesn't amount to much. Frankly, it doesn't matter much what those values are, as long as they're legal, but crossing your own line will hurt you. I know, I have and even though I enjoyed my time across my line... on balance I know I would be happier now if I never did.

Average_WriterAverage_Writeralmost 14 years ago

Nice story Agena. Thanks for writing.

bruce22bruce22almost 14 years ago
Very Interesting Story

Personally it seems impossible that people should decide to write their own vows and then not discuss them with their future partner. That was a red flag for me. When her father said what he did that was another eye-opener because it tells you a bit about how she was raised... I hope that he used condoms..

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 14 years ago
A well written and fast moving story

Nice story that seems real to me . Thanks

zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
It didn't feel "Flash" at all.

My opinion of "Flash" stories has always been that the writer is not creative enough (or is just too lazy) to write a complete story. This was a well written and complete story so I'm not sure it qualifies for any of that "Flash" bull shit, which to my way of thinking is a good thing, a very good thing.

lancewmlancewmalmost 14 years ago
Well done. I really enjoyed your story.

Also did not read like a flash story. For me it was complete.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
a story

a story about a bunch of retarded people told by an idiot.

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
I liked it

But I wonder why they didn't talk over their vows before marriage or for that matter what each other wanted in a relationship?

That part was dumb. But if it was there you wouldn't have a story.

Thanks for writing!

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 14 years ago
Are you finished?

How about taking the time to at lease once reread what you have written. The multiple typos detracted from the story.

kelly_kellykelly_kellyalmost 14 years ago
Good story.

Flash/short stories are not easy to write. You should have a good pace from start to finish with a good plotline. This was a good story and a "complete" story. Few errors here and there that could've been sorted out by a proof readers or editor, but all in all — good job.

~Kelly~

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Been a while

It's been a while since I've seen one of your stories. This was short and to the point. And it was worth the wait, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
That was pretty good

I enjoyed reading it.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 14 years ago
Nice Flash

Something a little different. Ever understand why a woman thinks it's o.k. for her to cheat but doesn't think the husband should??? Thanks for posting.

DrPlutonDrPlutonalmost 14 years ago
I thought fidelity was something most couples discuss early on.

It seems kind of backwards to me to get engaged without discussing such things as fidelity, acceptable behavior, and children. He's lucky he found out before going through with it.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
To be flash it would start at the ceremony....

....and end there.Nice short though!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
um.... NO...

While it is true Janice and her "parents" did NOT come clean about their lifestyle I am not sure that they did this with INTENTION to decieve.

That being said it is clear that they where NOT telling the truth by lack of Omission.

But what hurts this story is that the husband to be after find out all this info about Janice... her family and their values ...NEVER bothers to ask about the Wedding vows.

From this guy's point of view janice and her family were pretty "out there". If this is such a big deal for him at the wedding then it makes no sense that it would NOT be a big deal before the day of the wedding.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 14 years ago
At least he was not a wimp . . .

Nearly-clueless guy who only read/listened to the "fine print" at the last moment. And she cuckolded him with his "best friend" of all things. Of course this sort of thing happens -- just watch a few episodes of Cheaters to see it for real -- but one still has to wonder why he let this go. I guess thinking with the wrong head most of the time . . .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A real disappointment

This story was a shock. If the author's name were not attached, I would never have believed it was written by one of the finer "cheating wives" authors I've read at the site. This is well below his usual standards.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
listener

He listened to what she said and found out before the consequences were too great. The spelling was noted, and door and my included.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
An outstanding short story.

This may be your best story yet. I hate wimps and willing cuckolds. I'm so glad your protagonist had some balls.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
A great story

An even better read, along with a smart young man. I wish I could have been that smart before I got married. R.T.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
A good story except

He should have been arrested, jailed, and facing a lawsuit for attacking his friend. There is no justification for that and being put on probation and paying $50,000 for damages would teach him a little self-control.

I do like that he was not willing to be a cuckolded wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Yes

Very much enjoyed it. I can understand that she saw her parents relationship and wanted the same, but to mislead and con him? He rocks! If both are open and honest about what they want, go for it, but she and her family can suck it!

That first comment from dnorack or whatever is frickin lame except the last line. This clown whining about him wasting Jeff is a prime example of the lame liberal thinking that has drug this country down. WAH! that reader needs to grow a pair before commenting again!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A BEFORE CEREMONY OPEN LIFESTYLE

I guess the 60s free love got into her DNA GENES. TK U MLJ LV NV

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Justification for violence

Of course there is a justification for violence. At his wedding he finds out his bride to be has slept with his best friend. He has very good reasons to be angry. But he is walking away, not looking for trouble. His very stupid friend tracks him down and confronts him. Most confrontations like this, without a repeated pattern of violence, are treated by judges as an annoyance. The judge would question his friends reasons for tracking him down, essentially "jumping in front of a speeding car". Given the circumstances the judge would figure the guy deserved to get punched out, even if it is not legal. The law lacks a resolution for infidelity but this was justice. In the end, at worst they both would probably end up with small fines and a stern talking to. DWornock is shockingly naive.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
DWornock is shockingly naive.

If they dragged everyone who punched someone in the nose through the court system, there would be no time for any other cases. Besides, how would the police learn of this? The ex-friend would have to file a complaint. Then he would have to go to court and it would all come out. Would any of you readers like it if you had to admit in court that you slept with your best friends fiancée before the wedding? I think not.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

5 stars. There is a Hungarian way of saying Look at your bride's Mom and decide on the marriage.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Liked the story

Get an editor. Errors too numerous to mention. You don't write badly, but you make basic mistakes in punctuation and grammer.

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
Vowing against the vows

Dialogue, in my opinion, is most important. A properly written dialogue goes a long way to forming the story's essence, or the "sense of it". Also, it allows the reader to gain a better understanding of the characters. The way the vow was written and interpreted is the twist. And it's a good one. But, as some have pointed out, proper grammar is essential in conveying nuances effectively.

For a flash story, it's not bad. I think you'd have done better to have fleshed it out a bit more, but then again, that carries no more weight than my opinion.

As for HIV, it was definitely deception. Omission is part of the deceit. In deceiving someone the intent is to cause misrepresentation, either by omission of facts or outright lies. It can be argued that the bride-to-be was operating under assumption, but again, since the groom was never made aware of the facts prior to the vows being read, yet took action afterwards, that pretty much invalidates that argument.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Learn how to spell

Otherwise I really enjoyed this story

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
pretty funny

what the guy needed to do with post a few notices in the paper to warn prospective husbands that she wanted to still fuck around and he could stay at home with her bastards.

cute story

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
gave it a 5 star

finally and agenda story I can deal with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
cantbuymyhuecuck

your hidden agenda is that illiterate nonces like yourself reduce the story quality to the point your feeble brains can understand. quit fucking your relatives and get a GED.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
I would quit fucking my relatives

but you mom keeps calling me daddy. I know your father wasn't happy with that but your sister could keep him happy because she was licking my balls as I was fucking your mom. Sorry Anon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
That was an amazing story...TY

...bill

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Communication is not just a word -

There are no ASSumptions too small to ignore in planning to live your life with someone, the simple question "Are we exclusive?" is not a small one.

Then you have to watch to see that the behavior supports the answers - that is how you build trust - not by ASSuming you both define things the same way.

Really nice - short simple direct - and a good ending..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
some people are unreal

she was a fucking slut and fool to think she could slide that by a man.

women like that are fucking worthless and deserve to be sold as trash.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it

My only complaint is that I wish it were longer. Wonderful storyline and wonderfully told.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 11 years ago
I think he made a good decision.

She was a slut, just like her mother. He was well rid of her. Thank you for writing this story.

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
Never compromise your values

Your values are who you are. If you compromise them you will regret it for the rest of your life. If you are an average normal person, you do not need to change for a freak. Shun the freaks, and leave them to their own perverse devices.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

i remember this one, it is pretty good.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Lucky Man

He discovered his slut's er girlfriend's idea of marriage before he actually married her. As for the best friend, he's lucky to still be chewing food normally. Good tale.

carvohicarvohialmost 11 years ago
Super!

My wife and I used the old vows. She even promised to obey; although as it turned out I'm the one who's done all the obeying. I kind of like it.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank-you

I enjoyed your story. Too few wives seem to worry about how faithful they remain.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
LOL

I put in my favorit collection and naturaly 5*****.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
"C" Communication is the keyword for any relationship and this story effectively proves that point.

Why get married if you want to play the field. It is hard to believe but it is this author's story. Of course there are alternative lifestyles but the couple must agree with eachother on their terms. This couple almost married for varying degrees of commitment. Their definitions of marriage were quite different. Her acknowledged infidelity should have been discussed prior to their meeting in church. Not disclosing the fiancée's personalized vows ahead of time was a major oversight. There were a lot Dippy characters in this story but it still worked for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Heh

A commenter asks, why get married if you still want to play the field? Simple....it's someone looking for security, someone to manipulate for their own benefit without giving fuck-all to the benefit of the other. It's someone looking for a very one sided relationship where they get everything they want and the other gets the scraps (if that much.) A relationship without trust, honor or dignity, intended to fail, and intended to hurt one person very badly at the expense of another. I imagine it takes a special kind of cunt/bastard to engineer such a thing, but hell, just reading around this website we can see more than a few of those!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Good For Him!

I would have taken it one step further.

Rather than sneaking out of the study, I would have gone back to the altar, punched Jeff's lights out, and told everyone exactly why the wedding was off!

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Communication

Why does everyone spout that bullshit of communication being the key to a good marriage. No, it's not. HONESTY is! The best liars in the world are also the best communicators. Just look at any video of Hitler giving a speech! That son of a bitch could really communicate! Didn't mean he was honest, though. The more people talk, the less they have to say. We all know about empty vessels! You can say more by talking less! In my experience, people that constantly talk are trying to distract or deceive you. The best of friends or couples actually don't talk so much to each other as they do with others, they don't need to, because they can be comfortable in silence, and can say more with a look, a glance, or a smile!

Want the secret of a successful marriage? HONESTY, RESPECT, FIDELITY AND LOVE! You need never speak a word to each other in the entirety of the marriage, but if both have those characteristics, both can be happily married! Communication is over rated, and can lead to more problems than it solves.

I'm not saying that a couple shouldn't talk, (that would be a boring marriage!), but it isn't necessary or key to a successful marriage.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
what krosis666 said +1

What krosis666 said +1

Every successful con artist is a master "communicator" but that does not mean that you can believe anything that they say.

Sure, if you want to support them in style regardless of the cost to you, go ahead and listen.

But if you want something that will help you then hold out for honesty.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
STAND BY YOUR GUNS

they will help you more that a mate, TK U MLJ LV NV

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
It's all about friendship...

This story is all about friendship...All this should be avoided if his friend told him about her advances...But real friends are rare...Even if she wrong him about the friend agreeing to her cheating, friendship always must come first...For me the story is based in false friendship...

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
a lot of misspellings

Other than that the problem I have with the story is the role of the minister. I think he would have set the couple down well before the wedding to discuss these issues.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
That Was Close!

He is your best friend, I didn't think you would mind?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Good Story

Thanks for this one. I like the Come to Jesus moment at the altar. Kind of like finally thinking with the big head. The old saying about what your future bride will be like, is to look at her mother. No truer words can be spoken. What is really so amazing though, is all the non communication taking place. That is the nature of a flash story. The scene is set, the actions taken, the perfect ending complete. Could there be more? Sure. Just not in a flash. Thanks for posting. 5 stars.

hmlralhmlralabout 9 years ago
Sorry no sex

Why apologies for no sex in a story? Most would be better off without it.

Tootight1Tootight1about 9 years ago
nice

little things mean a lot. she knew all along, even his best friend. at least he found out in time.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Nice

I always like to re-read my favs, especially when all the new stuff is crap. Like mother, like daughter. The only problem was the future husband was not going to be a cuck. Fucking cunt even fucked his best friend. Damn.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

An interesting notion.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
SEEK AND YOU SHALL///MIGHT FIND

of course you may have to seek long. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
It's a good thing he was listening

too bad Jeff wasn't a good friend. But, better to learn before instead of after the wedding.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
good story

the ending is right, life can be good, with the right woman, or partner, according to your persuasion.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Thoughts

“recognize her needs and being faithful to her." – I don’t see anything there about recognizing HIS needs, and being faithful to HIM!

"I'm sorry, I didn't think that you would mind." – You didn’t THINK he would mind? Then why didn’t you ASK him? Was it because you knew he’d say, “No way!”?

And, of course you wouldn’t mind if HE had HIS little affairs also, right?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
Read It Again

An interesting tale. One of my favs which makes a great point. The future husband discovered at the wedding ceremony that his future betrothed had no intention to remain faithful during the marriage, just like her mother. Her vows proclaimed it. Since he paid attention, he stopped the wedding and also found that she fucked his best man. Asshole.

Be smart. Know what you're getting into before it's too late.

I wish I knew.

PennMusicPennMusicover 7 years ago
But did you notice...

...that she wouldn't let him see her vows beforehand. That's a red flag right there...

Better he finds out before the legalities screw him over...

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Lucky him, I guess

A close call for sure.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
P.S. Good lesson here.

NEVER EVER let the bad guy get out of the car.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
HarryInVA is a dumb ass!

Harry, the whole point of this story is that the groom doesn't figure out what is going on until the actual wedding day. If he found out the day before then the story would end there you dumb ass! Stop rewriting these stories, Harry. If you had any brains you would write your stupid stories.

(PS - based on your lack of brain activity, I would bet that you voted for Trump. Well we in the rest of this World wish you luck with that decision)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
An Open Marriage Is Not A True Marriage

An open marriage is open prostitution and public cuckoldry. There is no respect, no honor, no commitment in an open arrangement of infidelity.

desertdog43desertdog43over 6 years ago
It's true what is said.

Even when you've been together a long time---you really don't actually know the other person, not way deep down inside where no one can see.....

GymShortsGymShortsover 6 years ago
Missed being Cuckhold by that much!

One question the guy never asks the cunt in these type of stories is "if you thought I wouldn't care then why didn't you tell me/ask me?". Because they're lying, they know you'd crush therm then and there!

Great bar conversion story...5 *****

YouamiYouamiover 6 years ago
Thank God an actual survivor!

Agena

Thank you for this tale. I must say I was hoping the the poor sap about to sign his life away to a cheating slut had enough gumption to halt proceedings to seek clarification. i also wish to thank you on behalf of myself and the strong band of followers of Loving Wives who DON'T follow the apparent politically correct cuckold wimp agenda that seems to be disproportionately represented in the sections erotic stories.

YouamiYouamiabout 6 years ago
A great treatment of the almost cucked!

Agena

I enjoyed this short tale...especially the character of the almost cuckold. I think I have a major problem with accepting anything about the so-called cuckold lifestyle. Great for the slut-wife, great for the lover(s), but pretty fucked for the poor husband who serves as a meal ticket enabling the whole cuck thing to continue. It is refreshing to see a character who is not prepared to put up with such blatant disrespect. Bravo!

PlanerguyPlanerguyalmost 6 years ago
Smart

Smart the way he figured it out. But should have walked into church and told everyone there why he wasnt going to marry slut.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakeralmost 6 years ago
Cute and entertaining

I liked it!

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 6 years ago
Good story

Good story, smart guy. Dumb broad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Cuck in denial

I'm not into Incest, I dont write and post sex stories about me refusing to have sex with close relatives. Any time a guy writes and posts a story about some guy refusing to be a cuck, you can be sure he is a cuck, cum-slurper, cock-sucker and gay bottom in denial. Otherwise why busy yourself with that shit?

This is cuck-shit trying futily to masquerade as non-cuck-shit! And judging by the comments, most of these other cucks-in-denial fell for it. Man, you're a natural born cuck, accept it, embrace it and just cuck out man...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow, how about that last Anonymous?

With all the problems in the world, THIS is what he's obsessed with?!

Time for anger management, buddy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Best man !!?!

In days gone by I understand the role of the best man was to stand in as the groom if the bridegroom failed to honour his commitments.

Might have made an interesting turn of events if Jeff had had to stand in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow Anon 5/19/18...

Don't know what little fantasy world you live in inside your little tiny brain but you need to stay there and quit venturing out into the story comments here. You're probably either brain dead from listening to your thoughts for so long or you actually live under a bridge somewhere and just troll for unsuspecting readers. Go back to the rock you crawled out from under and try and find your way back. No one is interested in your mindless rantings.

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
just in time

surprised he didn't know earlier but good thing he found out in time.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Good story

Albeit a bit over-dramatic but then again it is just a story.

desertdog43desertdog43almost 5 years ago
Hippies

Have fucked up this country in more ways than people know.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
That was good

That was a really good story. He saved himself a lot of grief in the long run.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Good one

Don't mean to be a spelling nut but I read a lot of stories where the authors don't know the difference between, to, too and two.

We have "to" nice kids should be two nice kids. Others say things like there were "to" many people instead of too many people.

On the story, I enjoyed it. Please start writing again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Humans were given that little niggling voice for a reason

Ignore it at your peril.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
And your to nice kids.....

might learn how to spell because daddy can't! I would have enjoyed this story more if the author bothered to reread it or learned how to spell.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Liked it again. Dadgum cheating women.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Distracted by the grammar...

....and spelling, can't be bothered with a story where the author can't be bothered to proof read, lazy writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This Is The First Time

I have ever seen it written where the car door gets slammed on the leg of the asshole getting out. It really works well in the real world, takes all of the fight out of them, especially if like in this story you do it twice. Then you just lean into it and lean a little more... In a case like this it's pure stupid to fight fair, put them in the hospital. You might go to jail but you will get out... Corollaries to this are; if they stick their hand into the door opening, slam it just as hard as you can and never, ever be the first one out the door if you know you are going out to fight. Signed: BTW

oldtwitoldtwitalmost 4 years ago
Oh so good

Oh so good that you made it so real from a real mans perspective don’t back down and wimp out for just some pussy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Okay so you know your fiance's parents have an open marriage but you don't discuss fidelity before the wedding?

That is some twilight zone shit right there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

I liked that the man had the balls to dump.Janice when he found out she was not going to be faithful to him. I would love to have red more about the woman who actually became his wife, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
read it again

It strikes me odd that he doesn't say anything the wedding guests or go to family for a ride to the apartment.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

That was remarkably powerful. The bride is bat-shit crazy and he did the only thing he could do - run! Well told. When someone begins to uncover something so beyond what is expected, it does take time to put the pieces together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Doesn't make sense???

Most of Agena's male characters end up accepting that their wives cheat on them so why would this one get all bent out of shape when he probably would end up accepting her affairs anyway? After all, she did promise to always come back to him just like all the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fidelity should always be stressed in any wedding ceremony

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Bullet dodged. Cuckold daddy spilled the beans. Great story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous