Vox Dominus Pt. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Elise checked her watch, already in the process of moving on from this encounter. "I've installed a special little program to ensure this doesn't happen again. If you try and contact Chelsea, I'll know. If you so much as search her name, I'll know. If you try and remove or circumvent the program, I'll know. At which point your will go from being an annoyance, to being a problem." Her eyes narrowed. "One I will take great pains to resolve. Understand?"

Seb did, all too well. "B-but we share classes together. What if we have to share notes or complete a group assignment?"

"That won't be happening," Elise stated, standing and throwing on her coat. "Chelsea will be departing the country with me on Monday, for a special, private internship with my company. By the time she returns, I should hope you'll have moved on with your pathetic little life. Otherwise..."

She let the threat dangle, not even sparing another glance as she marched past him towards the exit. Seb stared as though she were a shark passing in the water, his racing heart unsure if he had really escaped death or not. She strode to Chelsea's table, exchanging a few words with the downcast girl before gesturing towards the exit.

That's when Chelsea's eyes met his. And his heart seized.

He had only seen this expression once before: the depths of pain and longing in her wavering gaze, her lips parting ever so slightly to ask for help, even as she lacked the hope to do so. It was the same Chelsea he had glimpsed in the grad library—the same scared, lonely girl trying to break free from her mother's shell.

It was only there for a moment, before she turned and followed her captor towards the door. But it was enough to ignite Seb into action, forcing him to his feet.

"Elise, wait," he called.

To his surprise, she did so, her icy countenance once again fixing on his. But he held his ground, refusing to let the flames inside him subside.

"You're making a mistake," he said. "You can't force her to be someone she's not."

Elise's eyelids twitched, like deadly cracks in a frozen lake. "She is a Jaeger," the matriarch stated simply. "And you are nothing."

Her bodyguards stepped in after that, blocking the two women from view as they exited. The last he saw of Chelsea was a flicker of her shadow in the sunlight, before her mother's eclipsed it.

And then they were gone.