All Comments on 'Wages of Sin'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Wow

That was pretty tame after your last story. Actually pretty good. You must be back on your meds. Be careful though, a lot of readers will stone you for putting a.preacher in a porn story. Things will be hopping at Lue's Quarry this weekend.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 5 years ago
Well done!

Of course.we can't know the road not taken, but a year long affair? Confession to her spouse created a multi year pile of pain for them both. I think confessing your sin to God would be the wiser choice, If religious faith can allow such choices.

Still a great story as written

Chilley

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
How About That

First time I read a tale such as this. My only question is of course the obvious one. How long was she cheating and how many times? I guess we'll leave that for another time. First reconnect tale I've liked.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
A little penitence

And absolution. Imperfect people seeking redemption and reaffirming their commitments, Dawn avoiding hypocrisy. Not too preachy, considering that Pastor Phil was the catalyst for their change. Good story.*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Unexpected and good

This was not what I was expecting out of this author. I was anticipating a BTB in the tradition of Vandemonium. But this was thoughtful and engaging. Well done Skippy.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
While I suspect that some will complain about it, . . .

. . . I found this a good story. It’s different from the normal stuff, and I wonder just how deliberate it was that the author put the wife’s adultery as a year long affair and his as a one night stand, but the pastor didn’t seem to treat one as a greater sin than the other.

I wonder how the story would have gone if she had confessed the year long affair first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yup...

Damn right, Skippy!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
Much better.

Better than the last story.

Reconciliation is tricky.

Maybe it helps if both

partners are guilty,

but then maybe it doesn't.

This story was about a weak marriage,

made weaker by loss of trust.

No way to see if it will survive,

but then again, no way to see

if it should survive.

The pastor is the fun side of this story.

Doing good without realising it.

Food for thought that.

4 out of 5 from me.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
Am I right?

By your reasoning, neither should have confessed and then they would both be happier. Is that really what you mean to say?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Interesting, but you ruined it with the last sentence.

He is influencing people to correct their lives and improve their character, and his final thought is how he can use that influence to get people to give him more money.

P.S. She's been fucking a colleague for a year. That's not about sex, that's about a substitute relationship, to fill what is missing in her marriage relationship. And the dumb shit husband never had a clue. He will never trust her, nor himself, again. And he shouldn't. Its only a matter of time, maybe not until the kids are grown, before they pull the plug on their dead marriage.

Thanks for an original plot idea.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 5 years ago
Holy crap!

This was...fantastic. I wasn’t expecting it and the fact you made this pastor neither a nut job or a secret leacher preying upon his female congregation was unexpected.

I’m glad to see they went to counselling and made their marriage better. Thanks for the best story in a long time. Should have told Martha though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So well written with believable characters!

Agree that physical or emotional affairs change the marriage dynamics.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
Very good story

That last paragraph was the best ending of any story in a long time - thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Religious claptrap.

What's that saying? Religion is the opiate of the masses? Or the fact that religion has been responsible for killing more people in the history of the world than any other cause? In this miserable story, both spouses are obviously unhappy in their marriage. Happy, loving couples don't cheat on one another. And if they do they're smart enough to not confess and hurt their partner. Have the strength to realize confession does nothing for the partner. Keep your cheating to yourself, resolve to stop and be a good partner. Or realize the marriage is dead, get a divorce and move forward. This was the coward's way out. Religious counseling my butt. Look at all the priests out there that are bad people. And you think they're qualified as marriage counselors? I don't think so. Stick to handing out water and crackers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
a year vs 1 night

cheating is cheating is cheating, but she chose to make it a lifestyle. brian got swept up in the moment.

they are both deal breakers, but her deal breaker is soooo sooo much worse. i'm unsure how he can cope. and her neglect due to her year long affair could have contributed. seems likely.

this story feels messy, but so is real life. so that's pretty spot on i suppose. i can't hate on that. overall a good story. just left me feeling a lil sad. scales weren't balanced. just two sad broken people.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
Good Ending

What can I say? It was a four until the tithing sentence!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
He cheated 1 time ,his wife 50 plus over a year

His was forgivable, hers was not. How do you reconcile when hers was wanton and long term. Both are married. In her case I'd prepare for a divorce and bury my assests.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
You are submitting enjoyable stories at a rapid pace

I'm curious if these are stories "in the can," or you are cranking them out that fast? If the latter, you were born to write. Either way, I salute you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Zzzzzzzz

Oh, sorry. I dozed off. Did I sleep through church again? Pity.

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Tough

Very tough subject which your story handled well. 4 Stars in my book. But I have to ask, did She confess fully? A years worth of cheating, in a motel, and wherever else it occurred, is a whole nother ball game than a one night stand. Motel sex means more than one time fuck, maybe three times each week, for 52 weeks in a year. That's a lot of fucking with Darrell! If Brian can forgive that much cheating, he is a fool, because his wife will want the rush of that kind of sex again, she can't help it. Better to divorce now to save future heart ache.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Well done. Kudos. Avoided all cliches, ...

Hell itbdebunked a bunch of them

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Their problem seems to only affect them

But we do not know if her lover is going to go out of joint with his family, I hope that he doesn't burn the meat.

Leaving out the numerical problem, they both did it and one would not even cancel one. This had everything to be a strong BTB, But they reconciled, which is their choice!

katibkatibover 5 years ago
Enjoyable

You wrote a well-constructed story, and I enjoyed it. But, please, learn the difference between the verbs to effect and to affect.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Nicely put together

Very well constructed, liked the twist of the wife's tryst, all in all a teasing pleasure to read.

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
Nice job

although I thought the end, in particular the wife's confession and their reconciliation, was rushed. Added a star for the pastor's musings in the last paragraph.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
THIS TALE IS BASED ON BIBLICAL CLICHES

the stone throwers, different rites of religious acts and the best for last Get The Geld, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
dont get it

two wrong dont made a right does not apply unless i missed something. Neither knew what the other had done. Still very original. 5

ken philipsken philipsover 5 years ago
This is an erotica site

This was a religious diatribe purely dressed up as s (very non) erotic story. Pls take your preaching elsewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story...

Please don't take your stories elsewhere. The critics don't need to read them. Yours was well written and thought provoking. One suggestion: watch your use of "effect" and "affect". Good job. You might be interested in radk's "It takes a strong man".

LightningSeedLightningSeedover 5 years ago
Very O Henry.

Fun story. Great beginning, interesting twist.

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
Not your friendly, neighborhood LW story

Loved it. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Different but Interesting

Yes, definitely not erotic; thought provoking yes. Good story to make one think about the “cause and effect” of your actions on others. An interesting story, definitely not what you would tend to find on Literotica. I have enjoyed your other stories so far along with this one. Look forward to reading your next story, Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
As a former Pastor

I could hear myself preaching during the first part of the story, and my experience says these characters got really lucky (for non-believers) or had the Spirit work a miracle.

PS: I've actually made a good tithing pitch. We made over budget, and didn't have to go back to the congregation for a whole year. (The secret was convincing them to do immediately what they knew they would end up doing anyway.)

HighpikeHighpikeover 5 years ago
Totally loved it.

Working my way through your work. High five mister, high five.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 5 years ago

Really enjoyed this story and the bit at the end made me chuckle. Worth 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hmm, a one time lust cheater and a multiple time lust/ love cheater

Which is worse? I noticed no details in her confession. She will be a repeat offender, of that I am sure. Bad ending!

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Good

That was a funny story with a little message. Good luck on the tithing sermon Preacher.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Dont

Don't know that was the right outcome,his was a one off but hers was a series of get togethers.I think he should have thought twice about staying with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
the last line

by the preacher makes the story worth 4 stars. last line is worth 1 star by itself

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The problem is that the story didn’t match the title. The Bible says “The wages of sin is death”

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

This was a hard no for me.

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

Well done. An interesting take on the cheating kind.

DreddrasDreddrasalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed that, especially the last line!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Funny one liner ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Realistic and well written. Obviously wife had a lot more trysts. Like the sentence on Tithing. Hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The Pastor’s theology is wrong. If the wife wants to repent, she must confess her sin to the person that she sinned against. That’s not negotiable. But, what can you expect from someone who shares the Lord’s Supper with those who haven’t entered the covenant of baptism?!?

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your story was a 5+☆s until the last sentence. It confirms your belief that the only real concern of the church is money and distroyed the good pastor's message.

detroitdave

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

You don't really hear until you're ready to listen!

5

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy595 months ago

LMAO at ending. Wonderful.

Pinto931Pinto9314 months ago

Good god the comments are ridiculous for a story on an erotic web site. What is it with Americans and there obsession with religion.

The story was ok, but the last line was golden and covers exactly what religion is all about.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Awesome!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Hmm. Wife had an affair for a year. That is a major difference. Cannot equate that with a one time slip. Good luck getting that past counseling. Her lover was a real asshole. Multimonth affairs are a death sentence usually for a marriage unless crazy, extenuating circumstances, none of which cane into play here. Also women do not usually compartmentalize their emotions when having an affair. Men have more affairs but women longer ones and they tend to form emotional bonds, with feeling of love or at least caring. She recognized that for Darryl it was only about sex (for him), but hard to believe that was the case for her. Seriously. One year. That is what probably 30 to 50 trysts? That is damaging. Religious views aside, that usually breaks the marriage. Even if they stay married for the kids, it won't heal right. If the author wants a reconciliation, make the betrayal a little more palatable. A year? Not likely to survive.

60022Mallard60022Mallardabout 1 month ago

Well done Pastor Phil!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous