All Comments on 'Waiting for the Longships'

by bradley_stoke

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
pretty good!

too much story telling and not enough intimate story. it was very nice to read though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Loved it

I simply adored the content of this story. Not much physical intimacy, but the history and knowledge of the Norse and their traditions is simply beautiful. Job well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It has its weaknesses and strengths.

The ultimate form of love is platonic.

Gudrun does a good job of gaslighting Astrid. For example, the claim that all men including her husband would cheat on them. Gudrun does not know that for a fact, but ironically does a good job of assuring that Astrid does cheat on Thorvald.

Sure they have sexual needs and by all accounts the other women are also enjoying each other. But if horniness is a valid reason for cheating - then why does Gudrun frown on the behavior of the men? Are the men not horny?

Furthermore, the men are not going off to war for an innate urge to war with other men. They fought to secure resources. When the men returned with the spoils of war - did the women reject the goods? Did the women volunteer to ask for less so the men did not have to conquer others?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A second chapter would be good to address the interesting comments below.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous