All Comments on 'Walking an Endless Path Pt. 01'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 99 Comments
ahziwyldemannahziwyldemann9 months ago

Yet another wonderful story!!! I am looking forward to the development of this character. Thank you for sharing your truly amazing art with me.

linnearlinnear9 months ago

Damn fine writing as always, great character development. I am waiting excitedly for the next chapter.

Storyteller0112Storyteller01129 months ago

It's tales like this that bring me to question why I even bother to write, even though it's for pleasure. Thank you, BurntRedstone. 5 stars, both ears, and the tail!

AManBaby123AManBaby1239 months ago

Man i am already wanting more. 5 stars

nthusiasticnthusiastic9 months ago

Anytime I see a new story from you, feels like my lucky day! 🍀 I just know it’s going to be great. The length is fabulous, too. When the writing’s this good, there’s no such thing as too long. I only wish I could give more than 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.🥰👏

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer19849 months ago

Wow, just wow. Definitely deserves more than 5 stars. Loved the story progression as well as the character development.

When I see you've posted a story I'm always excited to see what you've written now but when you post a story like this I never won't it to end.

When I got to the last 5 pages of this story I genuinely felt worry over how long we'd be waiting for further installments and that their wouldn't be enough to satisfy the need to read more.

Thank you for writing stories like this.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

Loved the story and once I got into it I just couldn't stop reading. I know this is in the Si-fi & Fantasy section and is fiction, but I was a Journeyman Carpenter for 30 years, my wife and I watched the remodeling and flipping shows and I'm kind of skeptical that Joe could have picked up enough knowledge and skill to do the extensive remodel he did. Most of those shows were nothing more than putting lipstick on a pig. The other thing I was wondering about was why even mention the '58 Impala if it was just going to be sold off to somebody? Didn't seen to add anything to the story except filler. Still it's a great story that gets all five stars and a thank you for writing and sharing. Looking forward to the next chapters.

gunmakergunmaker9 months ago

I enjoy your writing, and I love this story. You obviously thought about this and planned it very carefully. Please know when enough is enough. You seem to have a hard time with that. That said, This was wonderful.

prsstaridprsstarid9 months ago

Are any of you getting the vibe that Joe is the ancient ancestor of Grenville and Jack? For that matter, can Jack be a great, great grandson of Grenville? The last Jack Danner story, Jack seemed to think Granville should have died long ago.

Comentarista82Comentarista829 months ago

OOF...no rating forthcoming, as I'll need 15 days to start and finish this. However, knowing the quality of your work, it will be worth the wait to chunk it into smaller pieces.

Seahorsey1970Seahorsey19709 months ago

Great story. You write so well and develop very interesting and wonderful characters. Thank you

ender2k2kender2k2k9 months ago

Great story and I look forward to seeing how this ties in to the Jack storyline. Thanks

servant111servant1119 months ago

Wow... simply exceptional story...This one actually has a more interesting potential than there Shepard line... Can't wait to see how you further frame and spin this lovely start into yet another epic novel...

5 stars...which we could go higher...

SkiingphotogSkiingphotog9 months ago

You're so damn good at this. Can't wait for the next episode.

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Very nice, can't wait for the transition to more of a sci-fi story and the segue to the Jack Danner world. 5/5

RURDY4BGJOERURDY4BGJOE9 months ago

Great read. Very well organized.

lujon2019lujon20199 months ago

"and I'm kind of skeptical that Joe could have picked up enough knowledge and skill to do the extensive remodel he did."

.

.

But the aliens abducting and killing humans and implanting some sort of parasite resulting in the kid being a proto genius superhero sex god, that doesn't trigger your disbelief?

WndrngW1zrdWndrngW1zrd9 months ago

I like it, I look forward to seeing where it goes. It has notes of Unbreakable, and Smallville, as well as your other work One who understands, and Woodknot. Hopefully there will not be a huge gap between publishings, i.e. Century Traveller (hint, hint...)

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Damn, the best story I think I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Using Text Aloud with Jennifer's voice make the story so much more enjoyable! Every one should try it, especially if their eyes don't work like they did in those younger years. I'm dying to get to the second chapter written by the Best Author at Literotica. Thank you! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS for the score, deserving much more!

JJMD0612JJMD06129 months ago

Another classic

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Harem tag usually means boring and repetitive, and a shy away from them. Then I saw the opening volley of this series if 25 pages long.. despite some of your stories being absolutely incredible, I just couldn't go down this particular choice with you. Good luck with the rest of the series, then maybe throw some of your readers a bone and work on something a little less poly?

alsithalsith9 months ago

Fantastic read.

I'm still hung up on a Tik-less gate though.

Homer21stCHomer21stC9 months ago

I agree with muskyboy. I loved the story, even as a standalone. But, I’m also looking forward to its connection to the Jack Danner series. Definitely 5 stars.

ProgamermoveProgamermove9 months ago

This story has good bones but it's full of a dreadful amount of faff between the interesting bits (like the russians).

Needs more sex too, even if it's not the main character (who seems almost asexual). 2/5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Bravo, BRAVO 🎭

- pal

SensualSigmaSensualSigma9 months ago

Looking forward to seeing where this goes and if we find who those 'visitors' were and what they were up to. As always, you manage to draw me in.

RK52RK529 months ago

Excellent story. A solid FIVE STAR beginning. I look forward to the follow-on.

While some may complain about the large number of characters that appear and seemingly disappear, it appears to be main character or main character’s development. I look see another multi-chapter story that leaves us, the readers, drooling an pleading for more. Great job.

Test56Test569 months ago

Fantastic story! Absolutely love it! I find myself hoping that Joe will somehow be able to stumble upon a more steady relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Re: the Jack Danner universe connection: the Tik-less gate could wind up connecting the dots on the Tik's past. This could also circle back to why the Tik won't tell Jack about that world he accidentally visited, with the non-sentient Tik, and where Grenville wound up stranded.

The beings from the start of this story could be related to the early Tik. Maybe they created the tech for gates and the Tik wound up taking it and causing something they're ashamed of, like a genocide (which goes completely against the Tik attitude toward all life).

Wh00sherWh00sher9 months ago

5stars for a thoroughly enjoyable story. Can't wait for part 2!

RolwageRolwage9 months ago

If there was room for 6 stars, I would be asking for a seventh.

By far my favourite author on the site.

Thank you

oldmanbill69oldmanbill699 months ago

Love your stories and waiting for more, 5 of course!

LokeAsgard82LokeAsgard829 months ago
Brilliant

Loved it, had me laughing out loud a couple of times, a few tears and anger towards the bully's. Can’t wait for the rest and see how it ties in to the Danner universe.

Rocketman51Rocketman519 months ago

B Redstone has done it again! Great story, great characters! Leaves you wanting more!

Thanks for the fantastic story telling!

taco1085taco10859 months ago

OMG, I truly love all your work. But this story had my emotions going from one end of the spectrum to the other. One amazing story and can't wait to read more. thank you

MarkT63MarkT639 months ago

Awesome story. 5 SOLID STARS!!!

UnclenoodleUnclenoodle9 months ago

Another excellent offering. I have greatly enjoyed all of your work and look forward to my next experience

NaughtyNaughtyNurseNaughtyNaughtyNurse9 months ago

Outstanding work as usual! Please keep it coming!

jrphdojrphdo9 months ago

Fantastic story, can't wait to see where it goes!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

BR, as always you don't disappoint another fine story from the Master Writer.

Anony Mous

LeenysmanLeenysman9 months ago

Great start, although I do question his parents continuing to keep his "origin" a secret. Joe needed to know long before now. The "Smallville" comparison doesn't quite fit, particularly because of that. Clark Kent was exploring what it meant to be Kryptonian, because he'd been told about his ship.

It will be interesting to see how much stronger Joe's apparently-solar-powered abilities become in the stronger sunshine of LA, compared to ND and MN. Will Amy succumb to his charms? Looking forward to Ch. 2.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So fantastically well written, I couldn’t put it down. If I were to be hyper critical, the story is a little corny; but that is part of its charm. Can’t wait for the next chapter!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy9 months ago

I could write „As always expected from a first class writer“ ….. but this wouldn’t hit the spot …. Im stunned , what a extraordinary tale and those characters and the happenings, the actions written down perfectly

Joe …. Saving his life was connected to the exposing of extraterrestrial living forms …. So it all started, as joe parents died a horrible death ….. But the black "alien bread" crumbs have given him a perfect nutritional supplement for life ….. and his „adoptive parents“ offered the love and best down to earth education ….. this love will carry on and be the stability in his future ….. his mental state of mind is in all his motions and caring actings clearly visible, a peaceful inheritance …. So after this intense first chapter im really awaiting the next one and the turn of events, until we meet jack danner or?

Ten stars ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy9 months ago

Add on

leenysman Placed a perfect comment and the run down about being honest or the future are perfect

RimmerdalRimmerdal9 months ago

Great story!!!

The character had to start out as simple/simplistic in order to layer on his later experiences.

I'm sure the 'growth' will captivate us well.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew9 months ago

Great story, very will written!

jwswinglejwswingle9 months ago

I'm a sucker for a good prequel, I'm betting there are at least 3 or 4 more long stories before gravity drags it all back to center again. Great writing as always. Maybe a tad more sex next time!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow!

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy9 months ago

As always BurntRedstone fantastic writing and enjoyable reading. Almost makes me want to go back to the first stories since this a prequel and my memory is not getting the exact details from the first book story. I am not sure if the author has epublished the many stories into a ebook yet! There are definitely many ebooks out by BurntRedstone (I have purchased several and will get more).

Joe has been a great character from all previous stories and the storytelling has been great - well worth reading! I look forward to where this prequel is going. Definite 5 stars plus if I could!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

Edhawk64Edhawk649 months ago

Love it!

Great read, enjoyable characters and immersive story, looking forward to part II.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Love it. As always.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Grenville from Glennville? Maybe a bit on the nose. Though Grenville is described as scarred. Dangerously unobservant running. Joseph born to human parents killed by aliens. Posing nude for a disabled artist. Quite a few homages in here.

mithanialmithanial9 months ago

I love how you tie in characters from other stories without making the existing story about them. Feels like what Steven King has done with a lot of his work for readers 'in the know'.

Enjoy the Burnt Redstone story, and this is feeling more and more like a hero origin story and looking forward to the wrapup of his engagement with Jack and wonder if this characters story will continue in the Jackverse.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I think he should actually go to the police academy. That way he can be with the woman with the beautiful eyes and the nose that makes her face sexy.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Glad you are writing again. I have no character or plot critiques, only my thanks for your valuable time.

dgfergiedgfergie9 months ago

Definitely a story with its ups and downs. Not quite sure what the plot was about, maybe another superman? Well told but a little drawn out talking about his gift, the kiss, but still worth 5 stars.

CalisailorCalisailor9 months ago

I haven’t got into Jack Danner, but I enjoyed this prequel, and look forward to part 2. Keep up the good work.

prsstaridprsstarid9 months ago

I recall it being stated somewhere that this story was set in the Jack Danner Universe. While not in the same timeline, perhaps Joe is an ancient ancestor of Jack Danner? Maybe the reason he is a hybrid? Obviously Joe's DNA was altered at the beginning of this story.

I am also wondering if Grenville's father is an ancient ancestor of Joe? I recall from that story that they said the unknown father had "Alien" DNA. Does anyone know the time line difference between "The Gardner's Touch" and the Jack Danner Series? The latest chapter kind of alluded to Grenville should have long been dead from old age.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I did not like this story, Too long, too drawn out and this is only the first part. In all this prose there is no character development of any of the protagonists. The good are lily blank and stay that way, and the bad are black as tar. Such persons are not like real people and not very interesting. The whole episode of the Russian girl was superfluous in the storyyline, apart from the silly prejudices about Russians. Burnt Redstone can do so much better that I suppose that this story was written by CHATGPT. I give it a 2, and won't read the next part, unless the writer promises that he will be back on his usual level

arrowglassarrowglass9 months ago
Thanks for a totally new story! Don't misunderstand, I still like the older ones too!!!

I really like the way you weave a story and an am looking forward to seeing where you go with this one!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow! Another solid demonstration of storytelling that sucked me in and had me riveted from start to finish. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I can’t wait for the next instalment

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ignoring the commenter below me (it’s the first book so obviously it’s setting up for a return of the Russian woman and it’s a fictional universe so of course it’s not all black and white with bad guys like in real life…)

I am super ready for the next installment. Disappointed that it will be released each month as I’ve read it probably 4 times already.

For shots and giggles I looked up how much force it takes to crush a football and when played on its ends (points) it takes over 2100 psi to pop it…I feel like this is 1000% an opening to connecting Grenville and Danner in some way. Both of whom ere hybrids and Grenville who shows many of the traits of the main character (supernatural strength, resilient skin, a natural affinity to care and protect)

alsithalsith8 months ago

I'm curious, was the family name an oblique reference or tribal to Von Neumann machine/probe/architecture?

And other assorted theory and design put forward by Physicist, mathematician, engineer and computer designer John von Neumann?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Brilliant but please don't abandon your Shepherd and Satyr storys.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I loved it, but am also waiting for chapter 5 of Shepherds Crook.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

Oh Wow! damn but you are a fine storyteller, .... this prequel set in the Jack Danner universe is a couple centuries earlier, so it is right around our very own, current time, ... wonderful revelations throughout this part one to your latest Trilogy, ... I look forward to more being reveled in the next installments, .... and thanks for your sharing, this was another Awesome tale, ... '-) ttfn

txcrackertxcracker8 months ago
DAMN GOOD !

YOU JUST MADE MY OLD FRIENDS LIST ,THAT IS HARD TO DO

WoodencavWoodencav8 months ago

The second time I have read this enjoyed it even more than the first time, you tell a great storey. Looking forward to reading the next chapter. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

OmniferisOmniferis8 months ago

story was good until the male on male stuff

MehntalityMehntality8 months ago

Another great story! Not real sure how this fits in with the Jack Danner universe other than the alien angle, even as a prequel, but it is a wonderful tale regardless.

Though my usual complaints about all the UK-English and references when the story is set in the USA are alive and well in this story too. I'll never understand why authors insist on a US backdrop when their writings are all British. Just set the story in the UK somewhere and it wouldn't be a problem.

Bins...cheques...tea & biscuits...kilometers..."the cash"...etc... It gets distracting and takes me out of the story as I have to hesitate to translate to American-English in my head.

I overlook most of it in deference to BurntRedstones talent, but sheesh...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Boy! Reading the comments is like watching a tennis match. Ten stars or negative two. I'm gonna read it, just for the appreciation of scene-building details you apply to your writing. I am less impressed with your plot, character, or general story evolution methods; ever since realizing the formulaic composition of your plot devices. Protagonist is a Billy Joe, incapable of true fault, antagonists are driven only by irrational, blanket evil. I consider the first two entries of Satyr Play to be your high water mark, truly remarkable story building, dialogue, dynamic character development alongside compelling, relatable emotional structuring. Somewhere since then, your plots have devolved somewhat: as though they are blocks in a row, tiny little vignettes of scenarios, relying primarily on "and then" storytelling. Dialogue is contrived, as are the motivations of ... pretty much any character. It's just another block, strung together in a vague order resembling chronological plot. Hell, Amy said perhaps 10 words in three years? Sadly your hero is under-served, reliably so at this point. Two pages of calm, benign, inconsequential filler, then a tragedy befalls them, then people cry, then he "moves forward", then repeat. There's no true story per se. That said, your talents for descriptive scene building are unmatched, and I will always read what you pen. Q~

ArcTalyxArcTalyx8 months ago

Once again a very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

Great, marvelous, tremendous, ... Ya dun good! This was a wonderful first part that took the growing of the main character from baby to young adult, ... and now both he and his sister strike out for Hollywood, and their futures, ... I can scarcely wait to read more of this well told and lovely tale, .... thank you for writing this and all your other fantastic stories, ... your imagination is wonderful and your ability to write it all down and to share it is just amazing, ... Kudos, ... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wonderful story! Looking forward to reading more about Joe!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Okay, some of the comments below sound like a poor excuse for, or a frustrated cinema reviewer… I loved the story, yes the vignettes may have jumped around a bit, Amy may not have said much ( however you can sure tell how the sibling love was there and implied the reader could fill in the blanks). I read for my enjoyment and you hit the ball out of the park!!!! Home run!!! Thank You and your muse for a very entertaining story… keep up the excellent work A+++++++++++

Mex9366Mex93667 months ago

must be a UND fan to have a mobster play football at NDSU. Loved the story looking forward to the next one.

Comentarista82Comentarista827 months ago

Well, this is certainly a Burnt Redstone story because of the length of the narrative. This is not a bad thing, although there are some things in it that don't seem to be as well-developed as some of your other stories.

‐------

Now, you certainly leave us with plenty of questions as to what exactly happened to Joe and the alien intervention in the middle of that cornfield at the beginning of the story. You may revisit that later in a chapter down the road, but without further examination of what really makes Joe Joe, we're kind of wondering why it has to be exactly that mysterious. This is really not something that should be kept so hush-hush on this level.

‐---------

Then, I think of the $780,000 sale of the house that Joe renovated. While it makes sense that he did so with Rene, and it makes sense that his parents attempted to buy it as a vacation house through their proxy legal firm, this one definitely screams <too convenient>. In another example of being too convenient, Joe is effectively picked up by a partially-disabled Russian mob princess called Renata, and while it makes for an entertaining tangential reading, the fact that one of the family's paralegals happens to do some past research on Russian mob activity that happens to coincide with who tried to murder Renata's family... that is way too convenient. Do you realize the actual odds that would be involved of that happening? That's asking for too much belief to be suspended to swallow that. Now that said, the Saving Grace is you reserve Renata for a future time, and that could prove interesting because it spirals into the Jack Danner story, where he has to deal with all kinds of people, and therefore it builds to that narrative. Once more however, to miraculously heal her legs is also a bit of a stretch. Most definitely though, Joe having to kiss Iosef to convince Renata was way off base. While I will admit that using the <he is Russian> line proved comical and exploring some of the Russian psyche, which you did do, proves fascinating.. the kiss wasn't necessary.

--------

On the balance, I did enjoy the story very much.. which was why I could actually sit through an entire 25 Pages at one sitting, where normally I would have to break it up over many days to be able to digest it. Your description is certainly excellent and above most people's ability to replicate. But I can't let the major conveniences of the house sale, healing Renata's legs, having the Russian mob information just miraculously land in the Joe's lap, and specially the man to man kiss.. I just can't ignore those things. While any other author I would deduct far more, I'm willing to look at this as a one-off, and say it's worth four stars. I certainly will be reading the rest of the installment as time permits although I will definitely have to break those up if they're the same length this is 25 pager. Just as a concluding note the fact that you can write so much definitely amazes me, and seems to appear nearly superhuman in its inspiration.

bhojobhojo7 months ago

Gripping tale, honestly you write this so well, i can't get enough

MarrttyMarrtty7 months ago

This is a great story. I am looking forward to the rest of it. As one comment mentioned there are a lot of convient connections, but it does not take from the story IMO. I hope Joe ends up with his sister, they are not blood related, Joe being adopted. Can't wait to read the rest.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You always write some of the best superhero origin stories. Thanks again for all the adventures you've taken me on over the last couple of years. Your talent is most impressive and deeply appreciated. Thank you for writing more than just whacking material. LOL.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not done with the chapter yet, but had to say: Galahad was the chaste knight of the round table. Lancelot (depending on which legend you go with) was the one who cuckolded Arthur. Either way... Guinevere and Lancelot (or even Galahad, despite his chastity) I'd kind of a weird choice for Elizabeth to make. They were cheaters after all. Just thought it was odd.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story, although we’ve gotten through a third of it without any explanation of Joe’s differences— is he not human?

A bone to pick: given the importance of the theatre group in the last chapters, uou should that, while Girl Scouts may have troops, a group of actors is a troupe. If you ever decide to edit the story, particularly if you’re planning on editing it as a novel, it would be a good idea to make the change.

Dark_RavenDark_Raven6 months ago

Joe specifically states that the "surge" only works if he's attracted to the person, but then he uses it several times when he has zero attraction. So which is it?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I think people overthink things. Some people get Galahad and Lancelot mixed up. Characters, in their dialogue, when they make a mistake - well, it can be the character making a mistake rather than the writer. Go with the flow, folks. --- This also goes with Joseph. He thinks he understands how the Surge works. Any inconsistencies with the "Surge" and what he thinks can mean Joseph is wrong and, that he hasn't really addressed evidence that contradicts his view.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hmmm….started reading the “Jack” series but gave up after a page as all it seemed to be was some guy banging a bunch of aliens…rather boring. Might have to revisit after I finish this series.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2u5 months ago

Yep that was surprisingly good. But they have to tell the boy for goddess sake!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story! I loved every bit of it! It’s kept me up late the last few nights as I’ve devoured it. I’m looking forward to the next chapter in Joe’s adventure!

beach_bouybeach_bouy4 months ago

Love this start to what has the possibility of another great story. Joe reminds me of another hero that I met a few years ago, Ben Sheppard, I belive was his name!

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Damn I love this story, from the best dang Author here or any where else. BRS, you're the best! It's been a little over six months since the last read. Time for another round! Another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

GudredGudred3 months ago

I am fairly sure I am going to give a Burnt Redstone story five stars before I even start. You really are that good. This one though, makes me wish there was a six star option.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Joe, Ed, Jack, Ben, Stanley/Henry, most of your male main characters are big men in physical size, heart, and character. They are also shy but have savant skills like perception and deductive reasoning like merging both Sherlock and Watson. Not to forget their virile qualities that make them chick magnets.

Does that infer that the author is similarly like John Wayne? (in "the Quiet Man?")

Jimdog32526Jimdog32526about 2 months ago

wow! Amazing grip of narrative. Excellent story line, well developed characters, just excellent all around.

JodailyJodailyabout 1 month ago

Loved it. Reviews were all over the place. Haven't read a lot of your other work yet, but I'm looking forward to it. 5 stars from me.

xtrail65xtrail657 days ago

Every time I read this series I become engrossed in the story, the characters and the narrative, it's such a brilliant tale. Just to be clear this is the fourth reading in as many months.

Keep up the great work.

caveman21936caveman219366 days ago

A good guy stops some bad guys from hurting people, and everyone tells the good guy that he did the wrong thing. Why do people do that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 hours ago

excellent evoking engrossing story, thanks for sharing. rk

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories