All Comments on 'Walking an Endless Path Pt. 02'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 99 Comments
norafaresnorafares9 months ago

Not even a quarter way through this and I had to comment. Love everything you write! You are so talented, dear friend!

James_DuncanJames_Duncan9 months ago

Damn Burnt, I hope the follow up parts come soon, this is too good..

BigDog167BigDog1679 months ago

Great as always but only 4 stars since I hate cliff hangers with a passion. Now I have to wait months to read the rest of it.

ender2k2kender2k2k9 months ago

Another awesome story. Can’t wait for the next chapter. I don’t understand why the Tics are acting the way they are. Maybe the are the enslaved Tics? Thanks

linnearlinnear9 months ago

Fan f-ing tastic. I my go crazy waiting on part 3, this was great.

linnearlinnear9 months ago

Sounds like easy version of the Tik and that Joe is who started giving them names.

arrowglassarrowglass9 months ago
Incredible chapter!!!

Totally awesome...can hardly wait for more!

gunmakergunmaker9 months ago

Well, great so far. Interesting twists and turns, wonderful descriptions, and well written. Waiting.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkey9 months ago

So are these the Tik from the world that Jack got stuck on previously? The dumber precursors to the Tik with personalities?

mithanialmithanial9 months ago

Yea looks like the last chapter will tell us more and might be the reason Earth is brought into the gate network. Awesome.

Homer21stCHomer21stC9 months ago

I’m not convinced the Tik is responsible for kidnapping Joe. This seems to violate the primary condition for Gate Network membership.

Can’t wait for part 3! 5 stars (I’d give you 10 if I could).

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

Not sure how this ties in with the Jack Danner Universe stories, but I'm in for the long haul, however long it takes. It might be that these are the gates used in the future but looks like they need to be cleaned up and taken over by a neutral entity, say the Tik maybe? Looking forward to the next chapter in Joe's adventure.

RRC2RRC29 months ago

I am fascinated by how the comments try to figure stuff out. That shows just how we are involved in this story.

Wrapped up.

Just plain hooked.

THANKS

alsithalsith9 months ago

If this is just a 2 partner with a cliff hanger, there WILL be violence. 😅

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

... And only aliens can write stories like this.

DoctorAlanDoctorAlan9 months ago

Fine story.

But...the homonyms will eat you all the time. It's "rein," not "reign."

AManBaby123AManBaby1239 months ago

Love this kind of story. His origin loosely reminds me of superman and venom combined. Overall 5/5

VTSnowVTSnow9 months ago

I cannot wait for the next installment! This is great!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow, crisp and tightly held story line, keep going

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another good entry, thank you for your efforts.

justToViewjustToView9 months ago

Absolutely amazing, you're the best author on lit by a long shot!

papa1603papa16039 months ago

Great story, Can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Brilliant! Can’t wait for the next part!!!

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Damn Bro, you out did yourself on this one! Still my favorite Author here and then you release the best story ever written at Literotica! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! It can't get any better than this. Thank you Mr. Burnt RedStone!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story as all yours are. Hope to see more of this one soon (and more of the Shepherd saga and Satyr play)

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkey9 months ago

@Homer21stC - RE: Tiks wouldn't behave like this.

From what was mentioned in the previous Jack Danner story (Jacks Moonlighting), when Jack was sent through a random gate as the Also Komanae Moon crashed into the planet, Tik's used to be very 'simple' machines.

"..."Maybe I could speak to someone? A Tik, perhaps?" Jack said.

The being giggled in amusement. "Why would you want to speak to a Tik. They only squeak. Can you speak to machines? You seem to have significant cybernetic integration," it asked with sudden excitement..."

Obviously if you've read this story, you'd know that this planet seemed abandoned and was locked down with no gate access. It infers that the tech is older and the Tik were not sentient. There is even a mention of a mech using a green ray of energy to heal Jack which made him feel nauseous, just like Joe. So I'm surmising that the Tik of this time are only mechanical minions sent out by some other beings, maybe the guys with the silver rods, maybe someone else. Or the sentient Tik are not yet aware of this 'sector'. But I'm leaning more towards it being before Tik became sentient.

txcrackertxcracker8 months ago
DAMN GOOD !

DAMN GOOD KEEPS ME ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT.

RandyPandaRandyPanda8 months ago

@wretchedMonkey - didn't the Alsa Komanae also high jack some tik to access the gate network? And if these are really primitive tik then wouldn't it be viable they could've been used in a similar manner to do others dirty work?

RandyPandaRandyPanda8 months ago

From memory though I think the tik date back further than this time period (as sentient beings)

servant111servant1118 months ago

Great talelook forward to the next episode mstallment.

5 stars

RimmerdalRimmerdal8 months ago

Just wow! Very nicely done. First glance it would seem Joe might be an early Mahrel Drun. Except they should not be at this time, since they were created by the Ishilon. But..............

Then toss in his mostly invunerability. The TIK. Green aliens. Most interesting.

Leading to Grenville maybe?

Such a rich environment.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow just wow 5stars wish it could be a hundred. Thank you for letting all of us read this and for not being like Tefler

ProgamermoveProgamermove8 months ago

Very interested in what's to come! Core story was great but definitely there was fluff that could have been trimmed. 5/5

RK52RK528 months ago

Great story!!! The closest thing to a complaint is that the author is kind of affecting my sleep patterns since once I start reading I binge right on through.

I really appreciate the detail and look forward to Part 3. There are a number of plots elements/sub-plots that need closure. Great writing all the way around.

Excellent work with a story that truly draws you in.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

Okay, in part 1 we get an origin story, with some background, .... in part 2 we get a more grown up, young adult viewpoint, with an abduction through a portal as a cliffhanger, .... I can scarcely wait for the 3rd part (September?), ... I am really enjoying this prequel to Jack Danner's universe, well told, ... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Holy cliffhanger. I hope the next one is coming soon. Otherwise, that’s just cruel and unusual punishment. Great new story line. Enjoying it thoroughly. Keep them coming please.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

BR you are a Master writer and story teller. Your stories are complex and well thought out. They have a depth and richness that many others can't even get close to. They need to add more stars for rating your stories. Hopefully awaiting the next installment. Anony Mous

muskyboymuskyboy8 months ago

5/5 Can't wait to see how you tie this to the Jack Danner series in one final chapter.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill698 months ago

OH GOSH darn it ! Love the story so much but now have to wait for more !

WoodencavWoodencav8 months ago

What an amazing storey, your storeys are fantastic. Can’t wait for the next chapter. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer19848 months ago

Brilliant second instalment. As it stands now I'm going this is more than just a trilogy as Joe's story is just as completing as Jack's

OmniferisOmniferis8 months ago

are the cylinders a pre tick

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just checked back and found that the comment I posted yesterday was blocked. I have no idea why, I praised BR for his abilities and the story but for some reason my comment didn't post. Anony Mous

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I think these Tik were probably lobotomized. Anony Mous

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

To the author, are you planning to cast enough votes to make this the number one story in the category like you do with your other stories, or do you actually want honest feedback at some point?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow! I don’t know how you do it, but continually coming with better and more amazing stuff. Incredible. Love it! Really on edge wondering where it goes from here.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Your best story so far....and then!

Slwagner73Slwagner738 months ago

And again, we have another great read!

But alas, another great cliff hanger to boot….

jrazzjrjrazzjr8 months ago

very nice story. what will happen next? talk about cliff hangers.

jlg07jlg078 months ago

Great story! Can't v wait for the next part. I hope at the end, you make these stories available as an ebook for sale.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Awesome story keep it going. Can't wait for the next Ben Shepherd either!

I really enjoy your writings!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Looks like you've falsified enough votes to get this into the #1 spot as everyone expected. Congratulations on making literotica a worse place!

SkiingphotogSkiingphotog8 months ago

So frackin' good. Thanks man.

PromiseReadsPromiseReads8 months ago

When this part was about to end I felt like crying. Now I have to wait and hope the next part doesn't take as long as usual.

You're a great writer and have made other writers, bar few, look mid.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Anonymous, what is this BS about false votes? BurntRedstone is a brilliant and original writer. Come on...he has 9100 followers alone! And many pages of glowing comments on every story. You think it's all made up? How embarrassing.

BurntRedstone - thanks so much for the awesome instalment in the new story!

UncleGrahamUncleGraham8 months ago

A FIVE and a FAVE, yet again. Brilliant stuff!

SensualSigmaSensualSigma8 months ago

Proto-Tik? With MC's seeming urge to name them, seems it might be the source for that particular fixation in the Danner years.

Really enjoying the story, good stuff BR!

LeenysmanLeenysman8 months ago

Better as sci-fi than as erotica, given Joe's understandable hesitation to become intimate with many women. Still deserves 5 stars!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This may have been one of my favorite BurntRedstone stories. Not much sex like the Shepherd series, but a good story, family values, a wholesomeness, and always something happening. I liked it a lot!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago
Awesome

5 stars!!!! I'd give this 6 if I could. Another great story by one of my favorite authors on this site. Cannot wait for part 3!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is one of the best yet worst story on lit. Joejust kept on doing things that makes no sense in respect to self preservation such as giving up secrets and doing dumb things. It's like whenever the plot needs to move forward the author makes Joe do or say something dumb, therefore reducing is IQ each time.

So I'm asking myself "why am I reading a story about a dumb and stupid guy in a sci-fi world?".

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I've been willing to suspend my disbelief through these dozens of chapters and am probably/definitely going to keep reading when book 3 drops. BUT the juxtaposition between Joe's horrified rage at Amy for touching his tongue (and especially equating it with RAPE) and the casual 'oops!' of him sending the surge to Pam is just too much. Did she ask for that? Is it accidental rape when Joe does it to an unwitting/unconsenting recipient? Or only when someone does it to Joe? Or, more likely, just a contrivance to setup some necessary friction between Joe and his 'sister', and sudden intimacy between Joe and his ex-girlfriend's little sister?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Talk about a cliff hanger!!!! Always leave them wanting more!!!! Yikes! Grat work. I will be looking forward to more from one of the best writers on this site! Thank you for your work as well as the enjoyment I get reading stories. MIKE

brian_scoobybrian_scooby8 months ago

More! …we need more please! A very enjoyable story! Excellent read! Thank-you!

postoak2020postoak20208 months ago

Reading book on Amazon. Don’t ever call a Marine a Sailor 😁

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

One nitpick - Americans wouldn't say 'bloody' this or that, it's not common slang there.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

@burntredstone, Wow! Another great story! Patiently waiting for the next part! Keep up the great work!

Tracy

ArcTalyxArcTalyx8 months ago

This chapter was such an improvement over the last one. You've really hit your stride here. Thanks for the excellent chapter.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

the part one was setup and background, good but this part two was a much meatier story, .... lots of wonderful moments, .... I can't wait for the next installment, ... since there was about 4 weeks between parts 1 and 2, and it has now been 3 weeks since part 2 dropped, I am hoping that part 3 will be here in a week or so, ... fingers crossed, ... ;-) ttfn

GreyhoundtaxisGreyhoundtaxis8 months ago

More bloody fantastic 😁

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fan ffing tastic.. but, a cliffhanger, damn. I look forward ,eagerly, to the next part.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

Maybe, just a guess, ... this prequel tale ties in with the mystery destination in Moonlighting, part 2, ... maybe? ... we shall see, ... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So, what do I read next? Please advise.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I like it !

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ohhh no, I shouldve waited for part three before I start reading. It's soo good

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is ANOTHER story that could make an EXCELLENT miniseries or full length movie franchise - two movies at least... I can't wait for the next chapter! The character development is so well done you feel like Joe is your brother or a close cousin, you know him so well when you're done. Top quality ...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another Great story. I do hope you keep it going. I also hope you'll work on Century Traveler again someday.

Irenae21Irenae218 months ago

I miss everyone now. The tiks. The twins. Baba yaga. Everything you post is sooo damn good.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy7 months ago

First ….. your statement about your wife and how thankful your, this is so extraordinary to read and a marvelous outburst of love, thank you 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

Now this chapter was - im speechless - im coming always back for your new tales , as you’re so damn talented so extraordinary gifted, you easily would made it to the bestseller area in every bookstore …. So this tale already is spiraling into spheres amd im impressed ……. Searching for details after 31 pages and trying to into some to comment so many is useless, as im far from your talent, i can form words but tales likes this is for very special gifted writers

Ten starships 🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀💝☘️

Hopefully there will be a reunion

6HourDude6HourDude7 months ago

This is damn good, and so incredibly well written that I can’t put it down! I’m staying up way too late. Favorite story, favorite author bar none.

TulipfuzzTulipfuzz6 months ago

Frankly, I almost passed over this series as the title seemed interesting. But I have read most of BRs work so dived in. Thankfully, my common sense prevailed and here I am excited about reading to the end. Thanks once again BR. I'll need to reread the JD series again. I remember the canisters...

xtrail65xtrail656 months ago

Geez mate, I don’t know how you do it, always drawing in the reader, humour, sex (though not over the top) always a fantastic read. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well written, although your protagonist’s response to Amy briefly touching the tip of his tongue was over the top— unless he has some kind of weird incest hang up, which wasn’t implied before or after. It was by no means rape, and there was no reason for it to be treated as though it was. Among other things, it made your main character far less attractive as a person, given that he doesn’t consider it to be rape when he kisses Iosif, for example.

A second bone worth picking: you refer a number of times to the General’s sailors, yet there aren’t any in the story. You have Army soldiers (I presume from the Corps of Engineers) and Marines, but no sailors. [Please tell me that you aren’t calling the Marines sailors. Marines would consider that seriously insulting (and sailors wouldn’t care for it either).]

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Nothing like an anonymous poster telling a writer what emotional baggage the writer's fictional alien tongue/nerve/sex rapport should elicit. --- Another thing - It's tiresome listening to critics on here that don't bother to read carefully and expect characters in the story to have a perfect understanding of what is happening around them... and turn around and confuse the writer's knowledge with the characters'.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This ended like a bad B roll horror movie. “I know…let’s go into the haunted house and SPLIT UP! What bad could come from that?” Almost as stupid as “lets get the target of an alien race into a Hercules plane, one of the slowest planes in the Air Force. What could possible go wrong?” I don’t know what aircraft aliens would have but I guarantee it will be ten times faster and tens times more powerful than an unarmed Hercules. North Dakota is riddled with Minute Man silos. Get the kid behind nuclear bomb rated blast doors and see what the aliens have. I realize that wouldn’t move the story forward but at least it wouldn’t be so stupid.

Lasagna? Did Saddle Tramp stick his head into this story???

Carry on.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I love your writing! It draws me in every time I start reading. Can’t wait to read part 3, but gonna be sad when it ends!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Story is pretty good but the extreme conveniences, overly competent and helpful strangers with no ulterior motives, and the weird instance on all the attractive females (with the exception of the sister) all being so tall kind of take me out of it. Every time I start to get into it we get another perfect person acting perfectly and it just kind of feels like some attempt at making every character a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. I admire all the effort that you put into this, and you're obviously talented as a writer, but sometimes a reader needs some realistic expressions or flaws in their characters to make them relatable/believable.

taco1085taco10854 months ago

love this story... thank you

rbloch66rbloch664 months ago

You write very well, and while being completely captivated with the story I become cognizant of the complexity of your characters. Through this and the Jack Danner series, you’ve managed the motives and interactions with a seeming ease that boggles my mind. Generally, more characters just ends up being chaotic and unfocused. I’m happy to say that isn’t the case in your stories. You are, perhaps, my favourite author… not just here on lit, but any I’ve read. Your scope of approaches are varied and creative. There is a similar theme running behind the scenes through most of the stories, but I supposes that’s what you, personally, bring to the table as an author. — Thank you for the stories!

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Damn I love this Authors stories! Especially this one. No better Author on this site or any other! Another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thanks once again BRS!

Thicknrich69Thicknrich693 months ago

Good writing. Fair story. Main character only seems to have sex with the skanks. Decent ones get respect only. Strange.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is a fantastic series. Thank you for the great writing and work getting it posted.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Emotionally daunting. Author sure knows how to write a cliff hanger. I see it in my mind as a full screen film in technicolor. The audio is Surround sound that shakes the Imax with subsonic aftershocks...

(Did the author ever recall "the Perils of Pauline"?)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Outstanding

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Wow! This is really a good one!

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Cannot receive sign in data. Not receiving email to sstevens@bellsouth.net

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Good story, interesting weapon , tongue kiss. Kinda rooting for earth, just too bad so many of the 7.x billion people are so worthless feckless traitorous to all but themselves. rk

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...