All Comments on 'Walking an Endless Path Pt. 03'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 171 Comments (Page 2)
CarchariasCarcharias7 months ago

Brilliant story, as always. The most difficult part for me was him continuing to leave his family and children after being told he couldn’t return. A short one-off story of him coming back to see his kids would be great.

anubeloreanubelore7 months ago

The biggest puzzler for me is that humanity somehow doesn't remember Joe, how humanity destroyed the founders of the gate network, Joe's kids, or any of those things. And "hundreds of years later" humanity *still* doesn't have a seat on the council? I need to reread the Danner books again to double check my memory. But I loved the story anyway. It was long, yet still left me wanting to read more, dang it! You're very good at that. Well done, 5* without hesitation.

BacchusF69BacchusF697 months ago

Absolutely brilliant

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I.......I........

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story, but please keep writing the Shepherd story's they are the best ever.

anubeloreanubelore7 months ago

My confusion over the things I mentioned aside, anyone complaining about the page count can kindly get stuffed. Go watch TV or something, you illiterate maroons. Or read something with fewer pages and keep your fingers off the keypad/board. You may be proud of your limited literacy, but everybody else thinks you're pitiful. "Too many pages" ... How pathetic can you get?

|

My perspective? I know I'm nuts, but I'd have been friggin dancing a (bigger) jig if <I>each</I> part had as many pages as <I>all</I> the parts' pages put together. I said I was nuts...I just really enjoy your work. Shepherd, Jack, Kyle (bicycle guy iirc), Ed, Stanley (our friendly neighborhood satyr)...all your work. Perfect? No. Awesome? Yes.

xtrail65xtrail657 months ago

OMG… now what am I gonna do…..again mate such a wonderful story. Wish there was more.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sweet.

Archie58Archie586 months ago

I can't wait for the movie! Loved this series as well as the Jack Danner group.

myassisdraginmyassisdragin6 months ago

EXCELENT series and I hope we see some more of Joe, Wendy and their adventures as well as the Jack Danner series. Wondering if there is any way that the Jack Danner series can be grouped together in the proper order so we can track updates easier???

Please keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The third reread and it’s still mind boggling the intricacy of the plot and timeline!

I’m so grateful that you share your talent and storytelling with us.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Love the story. Now I am wondering that Since Rusty and Burnie (the Tics) that founded the new home for the Tic are the same two Elder Tics Aristotle and Socrates in the Jack Donner series?

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwards6 months ago

As always, the VERY BEST of stories!! Getting your readers TOTALLY IMMERSED in your work is one of your great strengths. I very much look forward to your future works ☺️

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I know this is a trilogy....but we're going to need more lol

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Should you ever get the opportunity to revise this excellent story, please learn some more about the US military first. The word “soldier”, like “sailor “ should not be capitalized. [Marine is, as it’s a proper noun.] Your Navy psychiatrist would have been a full Commander or a Captain, having too many years in service to be a Lieutenant Commander. And your Army nurses would have been lieutenants or captains, and not called medics. Medics are enlisted personnel; nurses and doctors are officers.

I only make these comments because I understand that you are publishing your stories as novels on Amazon, and hope that you would have the opportunity to edit them, particularly for an American audience that may know American rank structure.

And… I will buy them from Amazon! Five easily earned stars, particularly compared to most anything else on Lit!

Tbird82157Tbird821576 months ago

One word: WOW! The depth of your storytelling is, as always, utterly remarkable. You shouldn't classify yourself as an amateur writer; your work needs a wider audience. Please publish, I'll look for your work on Amazon. Congratulations on another outstanding effort!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago
Oh boy

You gone and done it again BRS, I seem to remember another series of stories you started as a one off and morphed from there....There is SO many ways i can think of that this whole story line could continue into a series which i'm sure we your loyal fans (and yes mate you DO have fans) would love to read, someone on earths perspective of the early days of the open gate network for instance etc. I've been reading your work for years and you never disappoint, thank you for sharing your stories with us.

BigYin 1981

BobLee7BobLee76 months ago

Loved it!

Don’t understand why he couldn’t come back.

And I thought he would end up with Rafa.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca6 months ago

Holy shit! What a rollicking adventurous, tear jerking epic. Mesmerizing to the degree that it was hard to put down long enough to sleep. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful ability to evoke so many feelings with your imaginative storytelling. Too bad there are only 5 ⭐️s

Dark_RavenDark_Raven6 months ago

Another excellent story! Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into your work, and for allowing us readers to enjoy it for free!

A couple of things stood out to me in this final installment. When Joe was wanting to buy a new truck and go on a date by himself, the General and Bannon were arguing about allowing Joe any autonomy. Nothing was mentioned at this time about the significant portion of the first installment of the story, where Joe's lawyers went through all that trouble to make sure that Joe always kept his freedom to autonomy. That entire earlier portion of the story where they met the NSA and hammered out the agreement seemed like it was just so much filler, since it was never actually applied in the rest of the story.

I was disappointed that Wendy was brought in at the very end of the story as Joe's love interest. He literally met her twice before she became his girlfriend. We know nothing about her, and have no emotional investment in their relationship.

Lastly, some of the story elements were a bit too contrived. The worst for me was when Joe had the Tiks carry him off the aircraft carrier to go visit his sister, and he manages to arrive to save her from rape literally with like 5 seconds to spare.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Superb! Thank you so much!

DistantConstellationDistantConstellation6 months ago

Thankyou!

quick note - on page 34 of part 3 - wouldn't Estelle be a widow not a widower?

SRWFSRWF6 months ago

Brilliant, this is such an excellent story... Just imagine if it was made into a movie with James Cameron directing it..... WOW

Taylor628Taylor6286 months ago

The best of times: when I started reading one of your stories. The worst of times: when I finished reading one of you stories.

Please continue to amaze us with your imagination and story telling skills.

Taylor

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The first two were pretty good. This third part is such a melodrama! The same troops over and over.... Women going unstable and shooting at Joe... So two dimensional.... Every scene has to be an action scene or a suicide attempt..... I love so much of your writing, like Satyr Play.... Etc. This one is super repetitive, Oregon the same tropes over and over.... Introducing characters that don't matter to the story and then killing them or arresting them, pretty depressing, not fun..... Introducing us to alien characters and then killing them all off.... Stealing eggs and nonconsent pregnancies then killing the mother off..... Abducting his children to try to raise the emotional stakes. This was exhausting and not fun.

And why is Amy's so stupid she would fall for that rapist in the first part. And after Brad did why would she let him come with her at all! I don't think Amy would forgive that.

gatorhermitgatorhermit6 months ago
A Wild Ride Indeed!

Difficult to put this story down. Lots of twists and turns for sure. Thanks for posting.

AlberothAlberoth6 months ago

Brilliant… really brilliant. I just couldn’t stop reading when I started.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The thing that stands out the most is your obvious love for writing and storytelling. It is infectious, as a reader I had difficulty in taking a break to do my chores, I am willing to forget any criticism just to keep on reading. Sometimes you go to fast, rush scenes, other times you linger to much.

But then what's to expect? A 21 year old boy raised in a sheltered community is caught up in a big adventure, of course he makes one mistake after the other.

Thanks for a wonderful story.

vintageridervintagerider6 months ago

Although I have no doubt that my request will raise the ire of some of your other readers, I would be most appreciative if you would break your stories into shorter chapters (say 10 to 12 pages each) and submit them at least two or three days apart. If you would do so I would not lose nearly as much sleep, not to mention be better able to accomplish more of the mundane tasks that life places before us all. Thank you and, "Please Sir, can we have more?"

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFire5 months ago

As a concept, this was a fantastic story. Its execution needs a lot of work though. You’re a much better writer than this. Characters that serve no purpose, massive plot holes, and a very annoying main character. Frankly, the whole invasion/genocide plot line should have been scrapped and the characters of any worth needed expansion.

Ugh. I’m just bitching. Read at your own discretion.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

ROTFLMAO…”massive plot holes”. “Annoying main character”. You just have to laugh.

BruceWoBruceWo5 months ago

A small inaccuracy in a wonderful story. US has a military and security base in Northern Territory called Pine Gap. Could have gotten to Alice Springs in an hour

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2u5 months ago

There is not one single ranch in Australia. Here we call them a ‘Station’. You can have cattle stations and sheep stations but you don’t have to define their nature and they are just called ‘The Station’ or by their name say…’Ammaroo Station’. I worked at Amarroo Cattle Station 30 years ago. Tney owned the one next door called ‘Derry Downs’ as well. They must have been 6000 square kilometres big combined.

Small thing, not complaining about the story but just educating readers out there. Also carrying guns around like the girls were would have them locked up even though they were on their land. The rifle should have been in the 4x4 or in the safe at home unless they were hunting. Pointing it at a person or holding it in a threatening manner is 15 to 20 years jail NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON. A gun can’t be used in self defense and you can’t kill home invaders either. So Joe is a murder since he caved the guys head in with a rock and killed him in australia when he was only going to rob the house and rape the girls. Can’t kill them and can’t use a gun.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I’ve read this whole story now, and I’m confused why it is on this website. While there are a smattering of sex scenes (none in this final, longest chapter), sex and eroticism is clearly not a focus of the piece. While in part 1 there is an essentially sexual component to Joe’s powers, this becomes less and less relevant as the story continues. There also isn’t a focus on romance - I agree with other commenters about the issues with the introduction of Wendy, structurally a total afterthought.

I haven’t read the rest of your stories - maybe those have more sex, and there is something of a legacy aspect to you posting the story on here?

The story isn’t bad, but it’s slightly disappointing to see such a non-erotic story on the erotic story website, topping charts and being called the ‘best story ever’. Good writing can be competent and engaging without sacrificing eroticism, and its writing like that which should be championed on this website.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

All the comments complaining about inconsistencies, annoying characters, plot holes, etc. LIGHTEN UP will you? This is fiction. Therefore, it doesn’t matter if it matches up with reality or not. The author, BurntRedstone, created his own world separate from reality. So, who cares if it doesn’t match up factually?

This story made me lose hours of sleep a night as I was very invested in it. I would’ve loved to read Joe’s continued adventures and to see how his relationship with Wendy continued to blossom. I loved every bit of it. Every character had their own unique persona which made them all realistic and HUMAN. Real people will be “annoying”, they’ll make mistakes, and they are emotional. This story gave me chills and goosebumps reading it. I’m sad it’s come to an end, but happy I’ll be able to go back to sleeping at a reasonable hour. Thanks for sharing this beautiful story with us! <3

TLDR; Great story, 10/10. Ignore the negative comments as they’re nitpicking at it. More story than sex but hey, it was a fantastic read.

Border_ReiverBorder_Reiver5 months ago

Another great story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow! Totally inadequate expression of the reading experience. So I will not.

Thanks,

Mike R

KerrionKerrion4 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

That's all I can think to say.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Holy cow. No words, but thank you.

nemesisofwussesnemesisofwusses4 months ago

This was an amazing story. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

taco1085taco10854 months ago

omg, what a story. I am sad that it ended. I want more.... perfect in everyway. I have to look i think you may have expanded in a new series. I hope...

mikeagomikeago4 months ago

So rich and diverse, characters full of life and depth, I love this story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Mate. Best holiday read ever!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great read. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Truly grateful. It is a fantasy so I was continually stopping myself from going "oh come on now!" every now and again. I settled on a dual conceit that helped me keep going and just enjoy the yarn for what it was:

1. The General was mostly right. Joe attracts trouble. But this is not fate, he is unconciously creating highly dangerous situations. Subtly connecting with other beings and creating situations where he is in peril. Because he hated himself in his core. We witness a couple of overt instances of this but every second day before he accepts himself is fraught with fatal incidents.

2. Joe really is an arsehole but he is unaware of this flaw. When he turns on someone he goes all scorched-earth on them. He doesn't know he is doing this but it turns people he doesn't like into homicidal maniacs. Pam, Niki Love etc etc.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Oh and in regard to the Aussie portion:

We don't have "ranches" in Australia. We have farmhouses and stations.

There is zero chance of having Internet access in the outback outside of extremely slow satellite comms for a small two-person station

There is a tonne of homphobia in outback Australia but it is a weird thing. The women would be called "lezzos" to their face but nearly everyone would accept that they were a couple. They would not be defensive of their relationship.

There's not going to be a salty that far South. It would be like talking about some blokes putting a 4m alligator into a pond outside of Cedar Rapids as a nasty joke. It is just insane. Shove the return Gate into Arnhem Land if you needed a croc and you needed remoteness.

The Aussies and the US have joint bases in the Northern Territory. Easier to send a team from there and fly them home in one of the massive cargo planes. To still have the tension with the Russians have them activate a team they have in Northern Australia or from Indonesia.

Masakari2010Masakari20104 months ago

A truly spectacular prequel trilogy to the excellent Jack Danner stories.

rbloch66rbloch664 months ago

Wow!! There’s beauty beneath the noise of chaos. A very excellent read!

RamazaRamaza4 months ago

Second read through of this book, and it’s absolutely brilliant!!

Burntredstone is one of the very best writers here on lit, and I consume his work over and over again, not much can hold a candle to it.

Covert43Covert434 months ago

Goddamn there was a lotta women being raped in this series, I mean damn, very well written although a lot of sections were unnecessary and felt like filler or an attempt to insert drama, but otherwise a

Mostly good read, forgot to mention that the ending too was a bit depressing or lacklustre and what was with the sister thing, would’ve been better if they just fell in love and had babies not this wierd dance they did and her rape, seriously, damn that’s a lotta rape

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

I'll say this again. There has never been a more talented Author such as Burnt RedStone anywhere. I've only enjoyed a hand full of Authors in my lifetime. My favorite being Louis L'Amour but of course he's been gone and memorialized for years gone by. Sure BRS isn't perfect but I'll vouch for him being the best I've read here and I'm not joking when I say I've read tens of thousands of Novels. Yeah, I have a boring life, lol, really I just love to Listen to great stories like this one. I use Text Aloud and use Jennifer's sexy voice and I recommend it to all Author that want to better themselves in their writing skills. Thank you BRS, you are the best. Second to none, especially here! Another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

On a greater scale than my mind can properly comprehend with just one reading so I know I will come back to this magnificent saga.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

One of the best books I've read. Thank BRS.!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

If was truly an endless path, wouldn't it be shaped like a circle or infinity path? Then his route could always return home? An endless path is dependent upon the period of his/their lifespan? (Unless they can recover from mortality?) It is poetic, though.

Genocide is ironically a current issue, no?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

An impressive achievement. More than just a good story. Thank you. Matt

FseriesFseries2 months ago

Great story. I really read this whole thing waiting for how this setup the Jack series. I guess I misinterpreted your sentence of how it made that story possible. Seeing that Joe was a hybrid that maybe he was Jack’s great grandfather. And this was all held secret over time and Jack didn’t know. Ending how this ended did leave feeling like the story didn’t end. Still a good story.

AlberothAlberoth2 months ago

Just noticed something about Joseph’s Seal Team collection on page 10. There is a battalion of Marines based in Darwin. And they have choppers based there. It would have been a case of “Get to the chopper”.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Fantastic back story for the Tik.

From a timeline perspective, where do Socrates and Plato line up? I assume they were instantiated before the Free Will event.

Your characters make me smile and chuckle - even at 2:00AM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I've read almost all of Burnt Redstone's collection of writings now. All of the stories feature complete characters with such wonderful dialogue. I feel as though I know every character personally. There is a pattern of "flawed" heroes but it just makes the characters even more sympathetic. Thank you for sharing your stories.

Aztom55Aztom55about 2 months ago

Tears this time. Thank You. Off to read Jack Danner again.

Jimdog32526Jimdog32526about 2 months ago

wow! one of the best things I have ever read. so emotional. Hollywood would never be in trouble if they would make movies like this.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 2 months ago

Fantastic stories!!!

To the Naysayers..............A POX on you all. You have no imagination nor heart.

UncleBozzinUncleBozzinabout 2 months ago

Please write a sequel. Many, many continuations of Joe's trials and travels.

Funtimesforall1971Funtimesforall1971about 2 months ago

One of my favorite all time sci-fi stories. Great story, very engaging and entertaining. Thanks for sharing your talents and efforts.

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 2 months ago

Once again, you have masterfully woven a compelling tale about a man coming to terms with himself.

No one has a better understanding of the human condition & ability to transfer that understanding to words than you, no one.

Thank you, again. I truly look forward to more from the world of The Tik, Gates & many wonderous inhabitants.

Regards,

GeoD

OleGrumpy7OleGrumpy7about 2 months ago

I started rereading the saga of Jack and stumbled on to this. Thank you so much for sharing. Now I have to go reread it (head placed in hands). Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I loved the story, and the way they all interact, and tie in together. I get the.odd feeling that this isn't the last of the series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wow!! You did it again, outstanding writing and story. Was reverted till the end, please keep them coming and thank you so much.

xtrail65xtrail6515 days ago

I still can't get over how engaging and magical this series is. 4 times I have read it and 4 times I have laughed and cried. The feelings of injustice in some of the stories of the other characters. I hadhoped to see Rene at Joes departure but never mind. Still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mr. Redstone thank you and thank you to your lovely wife for allowing you the freedom to write these wonderful stories.

Cyber_Reign777Cyber_Reign77713 days ago

Fabulous art work.😍😍😍

All the 3 parts fantastic.

Love it

I also say thank you for this artwork, the Shepherd series, the satyrs play series especially these series.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Outstanding!!!, ranks up there with anything Heinlein ever wrote!! The old Desert Rat

CarchariasCarcharias5 days ago

I love the hints in this story that tie everything together. The Ello’s star going supernova was probably the Allsa Komanae trying to extinguish the Tik factory before they could establish themselves as independent sentient beings. Joseph grew up in Glennville and helped free the Tik, and in Jack’s Moonlighting, Grenville is a large powerful human regarded as a hero on Chuuruthia, where the Tik factory was moved to. When Grenville was dumped through the ancient portal, the description of the planet sounds like Sehsra, the home planet of the Kel-Fahr, which would explain why Socrates and Plato refused to talk about it, because the Kel-Fahr created the Tik and had the ability to control them. What a great author.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES