All Comments on 'Walking an Endless Path Pt. 03'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 168 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Too many pages!

5

dwoelfledwoelfle7 months ago

What a lovely addition to this story arc. It is amazing the story you have built. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

kevmo911kevmo9117 months ago

Does Joe have further adventures, or does he fade into the obscurity of history? I'm hoping he shows up later (or already has, but I haven't noticed). Also, I'd love to hear any follow-ups on the Russians. And what happens with the kids?

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and I've really liked most of the relationships, but Pam spent about five minutes going from broken soulmate, to healing (with promises for a future with Joe), and then maybe 60 seconds moving through sociopathic, to psychotic, to dead. What happened? I kinda liked that she was a broken project that could be glued back together with a lot of hard work. Ah well.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A fabulous ending to the story arc. Not enough pages!

looney67looney677 months ago

As wonderful as ever

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderher7 months ago
Please use another vendor other than Amazon

I don't "read" stories and books, I use Text to Speech so I can listen to them. It works pretty decent on here unless someone changes the size of their text partway thru the story or they have a clickable link on it, otherwise, I can get it to read the entire story.

Given that, on Amazon Kindle, it works the same way but they have such short pages I constantly have to go to the next page and then start up the Text to Speech again.

I like to purchase stories I read that I like as a way of thanking the authors who wrote them. As such, I purchased this trilogy on Amazon (after reading part 1 and part 2 on here), but this part wasn't available here yet so I only had the Kindle to use to read it. It sucks. Not the story, using the Kindle App on my phone lol.

As for this story, I didn't like this one as much as I did the first two parts. I didn't like the whole "Pam" angle and other characters seemed to just kind of fall by the wayside and got lost like Doug's sister the flight attendant, also Talia, and Renee (albeit she did have a part in this story, it seemed "hollow"). There were just a bunch of other things that just didn't seem to make much sense to have the characters that important to the story as a whole and then they are just kind of "set aside".

The "Pam" angle was really kind of a mess and that led to what seemed to be another "mess" that actually somehow became important to the story, Wendy. Out of all the women Joe could have "had", he ended up with a heavily tattooed lesbian who didn't seem to really share anything in common with him including his core belief system???

I was glad to see the Russians back at the end, I always thought she would have been better for Joe than any of the other characters. Or, just as good would have been his "sister" Amy. Since they aren't really related by blood, it would have been acceptable when you consider the whole arc of this story and compared it to other stories you wrote like with Ed the HVAC guy (which Joe seemed very similar to especially in part one of this story).

As I said on Amazon, I am not really interested in the "Jack" stories of this Universe but I did like the Sheffeli Caravan a lot but that ending seemed a bit rushed. Kind of like this ending seemed a bit rushed.

I hope you will give us a continuation of this story with Joe and Wendy exploring other planets, maybe even having them come to the aid of the Russians on some planet. Basically, the ending of this story with the Govt. literally kicking Joe, the hero of saving Earth, off the planet and not allowing him to ever see his family again (his family is featured prominently in literally everything he did in this story so WTF?) seems a very sad and poor ending. I just can't see someone like Joe, allowing that. Nor the General or Bannon or his attorneys or his family or even the SEAL team allowing it. This part seemed very "rushed" at the ending.

While Parts 1 and 2 are solid 5's, this one I can only give a 4 on and to be honest, I think that is a bit generous. I hope you continue this at least one more large part as there could be some really great avenues to explore with Joe. If Wendy died along the way and Joe found someone more suitable (cough Amy cough), it wouldn't make me feel sad LOLOLOLOL.

Overall, this was a pretty great trilogy, it isn't "Ed the HVAC Guy" great, but it is much better than most of the other stories on this site. Maybe I will give the "Jack" stories another try. One problem with them, and this could be a Literotica issue is it is hard to tell what order the stories are supposed to be read in.

SensualSigmaSensualSigma7 months ago

Wonderful story, very bittersweet.

The scene with Russian woman and her goons felt a bit rushed.

Felt weird to see the Tik taking any lives at all. Presumably that's due to code their masters gave them, that they eventually purge?

I like this universe a lot. It was great to see the beginnings of free Tikdom, and humanity being introduced to the network. Thanks for sharing.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer19847 months ago

Very enjoyable read, looking forward to picking it up on Amazon. Really hope to hear more about Joe and his kids. Also looking forward to more in this universe. Any really comment is Joe s name changed to ed on the last page otherwise great work keep the stories coming.

OmniferisOmniferis7 months ago

It was said this is the last of the trilogy, but hope there is going to be more in this universe

Ynottony72Ynottony727 months ago

Omg... such a good read. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I enjoyed that.

I don't understand 'too many pages' - just read 'em one at a time!

5*, thanks for sharing.

Dixon (UK)

Seahorsey1970Seahorsey19707 months ago

Another great story. I enjoyed the background this gives on the others as well as some of the hints to future tales. Read it straight through as I didn't want to put it down.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There are no Corporals in the Navy. They are Petty Officers. Normally your research is impeccable.

RegnzRegnz7 months ago

Holy Shit, just Wow 5 *

cmn456cmn4567 months ago

Really enjoyed part 1 and 2. Part 3 not so much.

RamazaRamaza7 months ago

What a wonderful story, I must say that I think Joe is sharing more similarities with Ben and Ed, than with Jack, the one thing that binds Joe and Jack is that they are both hybrids and that they travels to other worlds. When or if you look at Joe’s physical appearance and look at both Ed and Ben and is factoring in their behaviour, they are much more a like, but in the end they all share the same ancestor, you ;-)

Avalanche2015Avalanche20157 months ago

Absolutely Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your imagination with us in such a wonderful tale. Be well.../A

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Viv would not invite Joe to 'the ranch'. Viv lives on a cattle station. She would either invite Joe back to 'the station' or 'the homestead', not 'the ranch'.

Just for interest, what an American would call a 'Ranch Wagon' is a 'Station Wagon' in Oz.

BBeinhartBBeinhart7 months ago

We are not worthy!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻😊

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Loved the story and the development of the characters throughout the trilogy. My only complaint is the misuse of military ranks, SEALs are a US Navy organization and their NCOs are Petty Officers, not corporals or sergeants. I would have thought an author of BurntRedstone's caliper would have researched that a little better. Still a 5* story.

justToViewjustToView7 months ago

Utterly amazing as always, by far the best writer on lit.

jrazzjrjrazzjr7 months ago

there has always been a part of me that finds which part of your story that i love the most , in this case it was the children. this was truely a masterpiece. thank you for brightening this old mans day.

ender2k2kender2k2k7 months ago

That was wonderful. Thank you

VersatekVersatek7 months ago

Are the kids going to be genetically compatible with anyone, anywhere? It'd be a shame for all that potential to be a genetic dead end.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief7 months ago

Really enjoyed reading this story. It gets a five but for the life of me I got so flustered because when anything happened, Joe had to go take a nap. WTF, grow a pair and get some stamina for Pete's sake. When Joe was rescued in Australia, it made no sense to dress him in an officer's white uniform, something they just happened to have in his size? Keeping a low profile would have him in something a little less conspicuous. Lots of emotional ups and downs in the story, some just so out in left field, like when Niki pulled a gun and went bat shit crazy, just not sure what they added to the story. Still glad that it was posted, thanks.

arrowglassarrowglass7 months ago
Incredible story!!!

You keep coming up with these wonderful tall tales that in-directly tie things together. What an astounding imagination!! Thanks for sharing!!!

MediocreGingerMediocreGinger7 months ago

Awesome work. On the last page at the end it seems you accidently called Joe Ed.

Joe saw his daughter Zera joining her siblings. She'd been studying art in Vancouver. She would have had to have gone for Amy the moment Ed told his kids he was leaving a few days ago.

Amy looked up at him when she felt the tension in his body.

Ed smiled down at his sister. "I have to go. There is... some urgency I can't go into right now. I'm so grateful you came to see us off."

But great story as always. Love how it's set up for possible future stories.

PurplefizzPurplefizz7 months ago

Loved it all! I suspect Tyreen the Terrible was inspired by Ming the Merciless, but then tbh there’s more than a hint of Flash Gordon about a lot of this story! Many thanks for writing and for posting it here on Lit, cheers, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

katzkinkatzkin7 months ago

Was a little bothered by Pam, on the other hand Wendy stole my heart. I loved this read! Thank you,

Katzkin

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

First of all this is another wonderful story.

Secondly is the planet of Kel-Fahr, Sehsra the same planet that Jack crashed into after the destruction of the moon in Alsa Kommanae planet?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I loved the story!!! couldn't put it down.

1sporticus1sporticus7 months ago

A wonderful story. I might be biased as I like all of your stories. Anyway I appreciate your giving me a story I can really get into. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Thanks Andy- Iowa

RimmerdalRimmerdal7 months ago

Absolutely Stunningly Fantastic!!!!!!!

I can not express how great the entire series is.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Burnt, you have become one of if not my favorite authors. You are very talented. We are not worthy.

AwkwardOrpheusAwkwardOrpheus7 months ago

I did enjoy the story. Yet it lacked the smooth flow of your previous stories, and sometimes it felt disjointed. If I didn't know better, I would have suspected that this was one of your earlier attempts at writing. Don't mistake my critique for displeasure, I am still in awe of your ability to create worlds. I will continue to watch for any stories you may create in the future.

FrenchTomcatFrenchTomcat7 months ago

Great story. The Jack Danner-verse is my favorite among your works for its pulp side (and I mean that in a positive way).

I like how Joe and the rest of the cast are interesting because they are broken each in their own ways.

My only reservation would be with Wendy. I'm not comfortable with the whole "I'm a lesbian because I had a bad experience with men". Not sure it works this way. I understand they share grief, but their ending up together felt a bit stretched. Maybe Safa would have made an interesting travel/life companion? I liked her :)

I'd like to read more stories set in that universe!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You have a knack for filling out a character that is an outlier. Think of me as Grenville.

Thank you. A very enjoyable read.

servant111servant1117 months ago

One of the bestest…!

5 starships

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow, so this story connects with the moonlighting story part 1 , where the strange alien was encountered, they had a protocol that started with 'KF'.

I guess that would be a loner on the planet who wasn't affected by Joe's mind meld, and since Tik on that planet and old once on assembly headquarters where not updated, they are sentient.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Five stars-Thank you for posting

jwswinglejwswingle7 months ago

I'm only up to part 3, chapter 10, but I'm loving the mix of elements and styles. I feel quite a bit as if I'm re-reading (for the 4th or 5th time in 40+ years ) something akin to Asimov's Number Of The Beast. Sci-fi, dimension jumps, romance, some bad evil out in the universe(es), sex without too much guilt, I'm digging it so far. Great continuity, something that is frequently lacking in much of Literotica, no errors in names of characters from chapter to chapter. This is a huge undertaking to write this and keep it all straight. you must have extensive notes to create this universe; great job so far. Since I'm not done with Part 3 yet, I have no idea how far this series is going, but all good by this reader!

jwswinglejwswingle7 months ago

As to my pending comment, I compared this to the Number Of The Beast, but mis-attributed it! That novel was a HEINLEIN work, not Asimov

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith7 months ago

DAMN! OMG and WOW! All of the BurntRedstone stories are wonderful, but this latest one was truly a masterpiece (with just a few tiny typos and misprints), but then nothing is really perfect, ... I loved this prequel story, ... and I strongly suspect it is needed background for a new Jack Danner installment, .... I can scarcely wait, ... (suspicion): It will be a fabulous crossover in history and time, .... more WOW!

-- please sir, may I have some more, .... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith7 months ago

-- And yeah jwswingle, while Issac Asimov was, great, it was Robert A, Heinlein that was the MASTER, ... good catch, ...

-- I do hate that this system does not allow the commenter to correct any mistypes or errors after you transmit it, when it becomes a permanent glaring mistake, yuck! who needs that, ... ;-) ttfn

mwb123mwb1237 months ago

So very sad at the ending of this story...

I have no more stories of yours to read!

I went through the first two parts when they came out and when I saw part 3 was finally out went back and binged parts 1, 2, and 3.

Please tell us you have more of Joe's adventures on his walk about and that he does get back home (and possibly join up with Safra as well)

One thing I did note however that was somewhat confusing. The "Tik" were mentioned by race at the beginning of chapter 1 in part 3 (even though he named them "Stinky", "Hack", and "Slash" in Part 2). But they really weren't identified to Joe as "Tik" till way later on in part 3

** "Tik? Is that what you call these machines? I just make gestures to them like the one I just made for eating. I'm hungry, so I asked it for food," Joe explained. **

Thanks again, and please let's have more of this universe..

alsithalsith7 months ago

As brilliant as always.

And bittersweet.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill697 months ago

Damn i hate finishing one of your GREAT stories!!!

SkiingphotogSkiingphotog7 months ago

So good. Thanks man.

WestCoastNoleWestCoastNole7 months ago

Great story, love it - I am waiting and hoping to see the continuation/ conclusion of Ben’s story, hoping that’s next in your todo list - you are absolutely one of the best authors on this site, thanks !

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Dang, I feel empty now, almost lost. What a beautiful series. Of course I could expect anything less from the very best Author ever at Literotica! Thank you so much BRS, you are the best! This is definitely a 10 star story! I hope in the future you will pick up another saga for Joseph, Wendy and his Family!

Irenae21Irenae217 months ago

Aww, someone misses Ed. I miss Ben and Baba yaga. Sad for Amy though. Awesome read as always. Can't wait for what you post next.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Brilliant

LeenysmanLeenysman7 months ago

One question not asked/answered in the story is whether Joe's children are fertile, especially whether they're only fertile with each other and/or any surviving Kel/Kel-Fahr.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Really like the 3 stories. I just hope there is more to follow - really don't like endings that leave you wondering. Oh - and I would tell the general to fuck off.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you. One of the most difficult things that I have ever done was put this "down" and go to sleep. It was made a little easier because I knew it would be there to read again upon awakening. Now I will have to re-read all about Jack.

GaobotGaobot7 months ago

I loved this trilogy and (hopefully) lok forward to the further adventures of Joe and Wendy.

So... I scanned through all of the comments, and I didn't see anyone ask: Is Joe Grenvile, from Jack's Moonlighting? I mean, we didn't have a life span except that everyone but humans live for hundreds or thousands of years, depending on the planet. Assuming that Wendy is a normal human, but Joe could live for centuries, he could be in for yet another tragedy of loss. Of course we won't know unless someone writes the adventures of Jendy? Weejo? I'm at a loss for a good celebrity name collaboration.

ProgamermoveProgamermove7 months ago

5 stars, great read. The ending got me wondering if Joe is immortal and if he has been encountered in other stories?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Bravo, this series has been excellent to flesh out this world you’ve created. Thanks for inviting us into it!

jwswinglejwswingle7 months ago

Despite the fact that this opens his universal travels to your writing, I can't help but feel lost, I had so many other scenarios that could and SHOULD happen on earth. Will the Kel-Fahr line continue now on Earth; will Amy get a permanent and good guy; will Joe's kids ever be in his actual presence again; who is going to finiosh raising/guiding all 20 kids; what the heck do the kids look like; so much more. I want him back on Terra Firma within a year (preferably less). Safa deserves him too. So does Amy. Safa might find a way via in vitro do give Joe and Wendy a true kid of their own. The list of Earth-bound unresolved issues and story lines is so huge, that the massive breadth of possible universal story lines will make it all incomprehensible.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

WOW!

UncleGrahamUncleGraham7 months ago

Someone give his Mom a medal, never a day off cooking dozens of meals for their endless guests.

Five and Fave from me - best ever story - and hopefully more to come.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You always give us such incredible story's.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow. Just....wow. You are amazing!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Also, happy 70th story! Congratulations on such an incredible body of work so far. I hope you keep doing this for many, many years to come.

FastEddie2632FastEddie26327 months ago

Well done. Thank you.

Rocketman51Rocketman517 months ago

One of your best stories to date! I think you are just getting better with each new story! Thank you for your great story telling! I am looking forward to your next story!

RK52RK527 months ago

Tremendous. There is little else to say. I understand that this is a transition but please don’t let the story tie. It is fabulous.

gort69gort697 months ago

Based on your other work, I think the best you have done. Excellent characterizations, believable emotions, and a fine prequel.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank you once again for sharing another masterpiece with us. Always stuns me to read so many pages and see no spelling/grammar errors. Kudos to your brilliance.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So captivating and not a single sex scene. Gold!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit7 months ago

Incredibly sad ending to a truly amazing story. I enjoyed every word. Kudos to you, your editors and proofreaders for doing such an amazing job.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow what a story. I’m in awe of your imagination. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

muskyboymuskyboy7 months ago

Please don't mistake my critique for displeasure, I enjoy all your work and am grateful for the opportunity to read it. I agree with Cumminginsideher's comments about this story. The crippling emotional instability was very disturbing and never resolved that I could see. I felt sad at so many points while reading it, but especially with the ending. The rationale for banishing him from Earth felt totally wrong to me. Separating Joe from Amy just should not have been possible. The seemingly instant development of an eternal relationship with Wendy was inexplicable. The future of the children was completely ignored, just 20 marooned children abandoned by their father.... I really enjoy your stories but, this was definitely the weakest of the 3 stories in this trilogy.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Again an amazing story, complex, intricate and so detailed. I agree this story needs a continuation.

Anony Mous

P.S. Did you put the 3 errors in the last page just for me to complain about? Your Proof readers have improved greatly, until the last page.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

To the Lit team: Need to find a way to review comments before reading a story. That would help to find good stories written by good Authors that know how to write. Too many times I've started stories that I just couldn't bear to continue because the author couldn't spell or write coherent sentences. Also it would be beneficial to show the length of chapters for multi-part stories, to many Authors think that 1-2 pages are all they need to write for a chapter and such short chapters are annoying. Anony Mous

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just amazing. Thank you for sharing this journey. I'm amazed with your talent and imagination. Thank you so much. 5 stars!

Pincher73Pincher737 months ago

Brilliant. What an incredible story to fill in the gaps. I love the universe you have created and look forward to exploring it more with my fellow readers.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickal7 months ago

I like your stories alot. read them all multiple times. this series was a miss for me though. it felt so bloated compared to your other stories. usually i can't put them down. this one started the same way but as the story went on it would become repetitive. at first it was Joe goes out, gets into trouble, gets hurt, goes to sauna to heal. then it was joe kills someone, freaks out, runs off/ tries to commit suicide, someone talks to him and he feels better. same with the women. joe dates girl. awkward scene where we're remind Joe and his sister are in love with each other. woman who dates joe goes crazy. their life is over. outside of that i hated the ending relationships. like he fell deeply in love at first sight with Pam. and then shes crazy and then Wendy shows up and they're in love now cause reasons

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

amazing universe you've created!

edewsgibedewsgib7 months ago

I read and enjoy your stories very much, and want to thank you for the effort to write this one. But... honestly this one got rather tedious, with episode after episode of Joe angst such that after a while I was literally rolling my eyes. His relationships were nothing pure torture, until the end when he magically and suddenly connects with Wendy.

The rational for his banishment at the end seemed pretty forced and unnecessary to the story's end. And what about his children? Are they a new race? Will they be able to reproduce (presumable with each other)? I'm guessing the author plans to extend this series to explain this, otherwise they are rather gaping and inexplicable holes in the narrative. If he does I may revisit this opinion and my vote, so we'll see.

MajesticJMajesticJ7 months ago

I have to agree with a lot of the criticisms of Joe’s story. It was weird having the unrequited love story between the siblings. Why bother having that as a storyline if it never goes anywhere. And the repetitive issues with crazy women, healing up after getting hurt, somehow getting into dangerous situations out of the blue and needing clothes and food constantly it got pretty tiresome. The Wendy romance really came out of nowhere and felt forced but I guess after instantly falling for every girl he comes in contact with he was going to get lucky eventually.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy7 months ago

Excellent addition to the series and world(s)! Explains a little more of want on in other series! Really really enjoy the reading time you give me, definitive quality!

Thank you for writing and sharing!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!!

Griz144Griz1447 months ago

This story needs to be continued!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

For those who asked if he could be Grenville, the answer is no. Here's the first paragraph from Grenville's story:

"Grenville McKree was born too big. The seventh son born to Margaret McKree was the final straw in her hard life. Granted, the harshness of her living conditions and the desperate circumstances she and her family found themselves in definitely played a larger role in her demise. However, as far as her sons were concerned her passing was his fault. After she gave birth to the 13 pound baby boy she simply closed her eyes and expired on the kitchen floor of the two room shack she shared with her sons."

Doesn't sound anything like Joe's background.

JhockJhock7 months ago

Fantastic story haven't been able to put it down. An error i found is in the last page you use the name Ed instead of Joe. I would love to see more of this series as Joe and Wendy explore.

jlg07jlg077 months ago

One of the best Sci fi stories I've read k and I've read a ton).Spectacular! Very unique. 10* if i could!

MarrttyMarrtty7 months ago

Wonderful story. I posted on the first segment that I hoped he ebded up with Amy, but alas he didn't. But still loved the whole story, one of your best works IMO. Took me two days to get through it , worth every minute, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Absolutely brilliant story..... thank you, thank you...

bear1999bear19997 months ago

First off.. thank you for this story..excellent world building and characters infused with life. I hope others will read this and enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks a million.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith7 months ago

A wonderful Prequel story on its own, ... but I strongly suspect that this story will tie into Jack's Moonlighting, ... some very interesting loose ends need tying off, .... and I liked the backstory and many explanations, ... I had earlier made a number of assumption's that now prove to be way off, ... keep up the fantastic work, love your tales, take care, ... ;-) ttfn

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow you are so good. Thank you for your gift.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hope this story carries on maybe jump a few generations

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I love your stories and have read them all multiple times. Thank you. One little issue is that of all the women in Joe’s life I figured he would end up with Sara. Brilliant, curious and Madelyn in love from the beginning. Wendy was ok (but your stories are so much better than ok). Off to reread jacks snow day. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent story! Now I'm confused as to what story you should continue ;-)

Arc2456Arc24567 months ago

Great story. I hope we will see some of what happens to Joe and Wendy on their travels. This will be another of your stories I will be reading again along with Jack's stories.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy7 months ago

SciFi at its finest best ….. marvelous …… a bestselling book couldn’t better perform, you BR are an extraordinary talented writer …… the love you carry for your wife is pouring out every page you write and making my tears running freely …… soooo special and wonderful to be able reading your tales …… Im truly deeply moved and hope to find another tale about Joseph coming back, back to his Kids his parents sisster and ll his friends and he could live peacefully as time solved the problems while his travelling exposed him to races amd the assembly, so he was the force again for the humans acceptance with this other world community ….. your magic your fantasy is outstanding and i wanna say thank you for sharing those stories NAMASTE

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝☘️

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I really don't like sci fi but I really enjoy your writings, I think I could be a sci fi fan now! Thank you so much for your workand for sharing it with us all! Thank you, Mike

Comentarista82Comentarista827 months ago

What superb inspiration to share 37 pages with us!

Most was so well-crafted, especially Joseph's PTSD (made the most sense); you solved the tongue stripes mystery and provided an interesting twist; you detailed such a plausible extinction scenario by Joseph's hands; you set all that up well. What strikes me so oddly is how Joseph ends the tale with Wendy, which frankly makes little sense.

It appears in trying to throw readers several times, their ending up together didn't get fully hashed out. He starts with Elizabeth (gets dumped); goes after Rene (she wants to stay friends, although he rocks her world); heals the Russian girl; chases Pam (who later goes postal)...yet ends up with Wendy after Pam confesses her love for Wendy and somehow it all goes sideways in a club? All those twists excluded something, which was fully explaining Wendy: yes, it made for interesting histrionics at the club and we discovered Pam's manipulative nature...but aside from Wendy walking to find Joseph, we never discover the why behind it. Some self-reflection? Yes. Some realization? Certainly. Is Wendy flawed too? Definitely. But yeah...we're just left wondering how to bridge the rest, as we even jump some time ahead with no further explanation.

Great story which proved very riveting and engrossing. However, with the missing links to Wendy, this scores a 4.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES