Wanderlust Ch. 01

Story Info
A hot babe falls for her boss on a tropical isle.
7.8k words
4.84
19.8k
19

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 04/10/2024
Created 01/02/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
petitmort
petitmort
774 Followers

Olivia closed her eyes as her body was pressed against her seat in the 737 as it roared down the runway.

The pressure from the jet's acceleration seemed fitting given all she'd be going through. The last few weeks had been intense, unlike anything she'd ever experienced. Ever since she submitted her application to be a professional guide at Adventure Travel Inc.

She could hardly believe it was really happening. She'd made it through the first few rounds of interviews and now they were flying her to Hawaii of all places for the final step in the process. She would be "trained" over two weeks. If she made it through the training, she'd be offered the job.

She looked out the window as the jet slowly banked to the southwest. It would be a dream job for her. Working as an adventure guide escorting guests to some of the world's most exotic locations. It would combine her passion for travel and her desire to work at a company where she could really prosper.

And the opportunity came at just the right time.

Olivia had just turned 30 when she got word she was being laid off from the pharmaceutical firm where she worked. She had been working in sales and while she didn't love working there, she was making good money. After a merger with another company, it wasn't long before the rumors of layoffs started. In the end, half the sales team was let go. All in the name of "reducing redundancy".

Olivia tried to put a positive spin on it. Yes, it was scary to be unemployed but maybe this was the kick the butt she needed. To find a career that truly satisfied her. To work with people she liked. To travel and see the world.

Adventure Travel Inc., or ATI for short, seemed like a chance to do just that.

She'd heard about the company from her college roommate, Gabby. She knew Olivia loved to travel and that she was a huge nature enthusiast. She heard ATI was hiring and thought Olivia might be a good fit.

Olivia was intrigued and decided to do some research online.

On the ATI website, she learned that the company was based in Kona, Hawaii and was growing fast. They offered trips in North America, Europe, the South Pacific and South America. They were looking to expand to Southeast Asia and Africa. On social media, she learned guides who worked there could earn some serious money. She saw posts by former guides celebrating new homes, sailboats, and even boasting of early retirement.

Olivia wasn't motivated by money so much as the chance to grow, to be part of something that had potential. And if she could do that while indulging her passion for seeing the world, so much the better.

On LinkedIn, she found she was indirectly connected to some former ATI employees. That is, she knew people who knew people who had worked there. After making some calls, she was able to get an introduction. A few days later, she heard back from a woman named Claire who'd been an adventure guide at ATI.

Claire said she couldn't reveal too much about the inner workings of the company because of an NDA she signed, but she could talk generally about their hiring process. It was pretty grueling, she said. It lasted about a month start to finish, with multiple rounds of interviews and a training period of two weeks. The company's founder, Wesley Llewellyn, considered the quality of the guides to be the company's "secret sauce".

She added "they only hire guides who're drop dead gorgeous. If you're not, don't even bother applying."

Olivia felt pretty confident about her looks. Most of the time. She had held her own in the image-conscious world of pharmaceutical sales after all. At the same time, she'd gone through an awkward adolescent stage, like a lot of people. While she'd gotten past the braces and pimples phase and blossomed into an attractive woman, she didn't always feel that way.

She was what you might call an unconventional beauty, with intelligent green eyes and high cheek bones. Her lips were full, her honey-colored hair shoulder length and silky smooth.

But it was her body that really set her apart. An avid hiker and cyclist, she was fit with shapely legs, slender hips, and a swayed back which led to an exquisite ass. To top it off, her breasts were lovely. Not huge, but perfectly shaped for her petite figure.

And yet, while she turned heads wherever she went, there was always a tinge of doubt. Would she measure up?

She glanced around the cabin wondering if any other finalists were aboard. Maybe that cute redhead she saw at the gate? Or the athletic guy sitting up front? There was no way of knowing. She'd find out soon enough.

When Olivia applied for the job, she had to provide an introductory video and a short essay about "her greatest travel experience." Thanks to what she'd learned from her research, she made the video in a way that highlighted her assets.

She shot the video in various locations wearing different outfits and then edited the shots together. For the opening, she wore short hiking shorts and a tight-fitting top and walked straight towards the camera, swinging her hips, with a sexy smile on her face. Then, she cut to shot where she was glammed up, her hair on top of her head, and wearing a low-cut gown. Finally, she cut to the beach where she was wearing a bikini, a super cute one with a thong bottom. She ended the video by spinning on her heels and running into the ocean.

A week later she got an email saying she'd passed the initial screening and was scheduled for a remote interview with a recruiter.

The recruiter, an attractive woman in her 30's, asked a lot of "why" questions - why she wanted to work at ATI, why she was drawn to adventure travel, and why she left her last job. Olivia felt good about her answers. The words were coming easily and she felt she was connecting with the recruiter.

At the end of the half hour, the recruiter asked if Olivia had any questions. Olivia was prepared for that too. She asked for more details about 2-week "training" session.

What she heard back surprised her.

Final candidates would be invited to Hawaii to undergo a two-week training led by none other than Wesley Llewellyn himself. They'd be required to participate in "simulations" that mirrored the experiences they would have with guests. Applicants who didn't measure up would be dismissed and sent home.

Sheesh. Talk about intimidating.

But Olivia didn't flinch. She responded by doing even more research. She vowed to find out as much as she could about Wesley Llewellyn.

An Oxford-educated Brit, Llewellyn was CEO and President of the company. He had self-funded the company and remained its largest shareholder. His primary residence was in Hawaii and he had homes in New York, London, and Switzerland. He was a philanthropist, loved extreme sports, and was single. And then, when she clicked on Google Images, she felt her heart stop.

He was incredibly hot.

Dark, piercing eyes and curly brown hair that he wore swept back. A suave smile that was knowing and a bit mysterious, without being arrogant. He looked to be in great shape, with broad shoulders and a flat stomach, though it was hard to tell from the photos which were mainly taken at galas, charity events, and gallery openings.

She found herself fantasizing about what his body was like under that tuxedo. She guessed he had a lean, athletic body, toned and supple from all that traipsing around the world and all.

She imagined his voice, deep and soothing, with a charming English accent.

"Hello Olivia, I'm been looking forward to meeting you. You're even more lovely than your video. Let me share some of my insights on what makes a superior adventure guide..."

She hadn't even started packing for her trip and she was already crushing on the founder of Adventure Travel Inc.

After arriving in Kona, Olivia rode by taxi to the Kona Village resort just 30 minutes north of the airport. She took in the massive lava flows, a craggy black sea of basalt, and the majestic slopes of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, the twin volcanos.

The contrast of colors -- the black lava, the turquoise water, the green kiawe trees, the white snowcaps on the volcanos, and the clear blue sky felt almost surreal in its beauty.

They turned off the main road towards the ocean twisting down through the acacia and mesquite. A sign marked their destination: Kona Village, a group of thatched buildings scattered on the lava rocks at the edge of the Pacific along the Kohala Coast. Isolated and idyllic, the resort had for years been a favorite of Hollywood types who wanted to escape the bustle of city life. "No TV, no phones, no cars, no stress" was its mantra. For the past year, it had been closed to the public while it was undergoing renovation.

ATI was the first company to book an event since the remodeling.

The lobby was expansive with an open-air view of the Pacific. Olivia rolled her bag to the front desk.

"Welcome to Kona Village," the woman behind the desk intoned.

She was told she would be staying in a two-bedroom kauhale with an ocean view.

"Kauhale?" she asked, unfamiliar with the term.

"A kauhale is a traditional living place in the Hawaiian culture, with communal areas for sleeping, cooking, and gathering."

A bellman appeared offering to take her bag.

"Makoa will escort you," she said.

She followed the man along a fern-lined path towards the ocean. The garden was lush and verdant, featuring exotic plants with enormous leaves. She was struck with how empty the place was. It was as if she were the only person staying there.

The bellman opened the door for her. Inside was an elegant living space with a wall consisting entirely of glass facing the ocean. The roiling blue water seemed to be right outside the window.

"Wow. When they said ocean view, they weren't kidding."

The furnishings were simple yet tasteful, an A-frame ceiling, rattan chairs facing the ocean, koa wood lamps and side tables. A teak desk with a hammock chair and a small kitchen.

Just then, the sliding glass door opened and in stepped a young woman. She was quite pretty and appeared to be in her late 20s.

"Hey," she smiled. "I'm Roxanne. I'm your suitemate."

"Oh, hi. I'm Olivia."

She reached out her hand to shake.

"I didn't realize we'd be sharing," Olivia said.

"I snagged the bedroom over there. If that's okay with you. There's another one on that side."

The bellman showed Olivia her bedroom, the closet, the safe, and explained how to use the thermostat.

"Can I help you with anything else?"

"No that's fine, I've got it from here. Thanks."

Olivia handed him a ten. He nodded and left.

"So, you're here for the training?" Roxanne asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"Sure am. Or the trial by fire. Whatever the case may be."

"Well, why don't you get settled and then join me on the lanai. We can get acquainted."

"Sounds good."

On the desk in her bedroom, Olivia found a large envelope with some orientation papers in it. There was a welcome letter from Wesley, a schedule, and an NDA. They were supposed to bring the signed NDA to the Welcome Reception at 5pm that evening. Dress was resort casual.

Olivia started to hang some of her clothes. She was glad to be sharing a suite with someone. Roxanne seemed nice and it would be good to have someone to talk to. As she placed her underwear and swimsuits in the bureau, she wondered whether she'd overpacked. Would she even have a chance to wear all this stuff? Oh well, better safe than sorry.

Once she was unpacked, she changed into some short shorts and a t-shirt. It was mid-afternoon and quite warm and it felt good to be out of her travel clothes.

She joined Roxanne on the patio. She was sitting on a lounge chair with her feet up. The trade winds and the sound of the waves filled her senses.

"Would you like some lemonade?" Roxanne asked.

"That sounds wonderful," she answered, sitting in the adjoining chaise.

Roxanne filled a glass from a pitcher and handed it to her.

"Cheers," Roxanne said as she reached out her glass.

Olivia clinked her glass against hers. As they sipped, she got her first real look at Roxanne. She was lovely, with auburn hair and sapphire blue eyes, a cute figure, and an infectious smile.

She definitely has the "drop dead gorgeous" requirement covered, Olivia thought.

"So, Olivia - I love your name by the way - tell me about yourself. What brought you here?"

Her cocked her head with curiosity, her smile totally disarming.

Damn. She's charming too, Olivia thought.

Olivia recounted her recent history. The layoff. The tip about ATI hiring guides. Getting through the early rounds.

"It sounds like you're doing really well," Roxanne said, encouragingly. "It's hard to make it even this far. I know. This is my second time around."

"Really? You've been through this before?"

"Two years ago. I was trying to make it as an actress. Wasn't getting any parts. Not good ones anyway. So, I decided to audition for ATI. Or, apply for a guide position, as they call it."

"What was it like? The process. Was it hard?"

"It was intense. The toughest tryout I've ever had. Now this was two years ago so things may have changed since then."

"So, what'd you have to do?"

"A bunch of things. Mental. Physical. Interpersonal communication. You basically had to prove you had the right stuff in all aspects of the job."

"Sounds like Survivor."

Roxanne laughed.

"Yeah, kinda like that. Except on Survivor, you know what the rules are. And here, once they decide you don't have it, they send you home. There's no vote."

"That's sounds pretty intimidating."

"It's definitely not for the faint of heart. But I think you'll do well. You've definitely got the look."

"The look?"

She lowered her voice to a whisper.

"Wesley likes petite women with big boobs."

Olivia felt herself blushing.

"Sounds a tad shallow."

"No, I mean, you have to have it all - brains, problem solving, travel experience - but a higher percentage of women who make it are well-endowed. The men too. It has cross-cultural appeal, I guess."

"Men with big boobs?" Olivia laughed.

"No, I mean men who are big. If you catch my drift.

"You're kidding."

"Nope. I've heard Wesley has it all worked out scientifically. The different factors that maximize guest satisfaction. Knowledgeable, out-going, competent guides who are physically attractive and... gifted.

Olivia was trying to make sense of this new information. And how she fit in. Or didn't.

"Now don't get all worried," Roxanne said, sympathetically. "You're sensational looking. You've got an awesome body. You're going to do just fine."

Olivia was starting to wonder what she'd gotten herself into.

Shortly before 5pm, she and Roxanne were walking to the lobby with NDAs in hand. Olivia was wearing a tropical sundress with a plunge neck and an open back. Roxanne was in a skirt and blouse combo. Both had done up their hair and makeup. First impressions and all.

The veranda off the lobby was brimming with young people in their 20s and 30s. They seemed to be from countries all over the world and each one looked more beautiful than the next. There was a relatively equal percentage of men and women. About 30 in all.

Olivia felt that knot of insecurity in her stomach. She took a deep breath, put on a smile, and dove in.

At a table, two staffers were collecting NDAs. Olivia handed hers over and then started to mingle, introducing herself to people at random. Everyone she met was engaging, interesting, and out-going. The energy in the room was palpable.

Someone began speaking into a microphone with a clipped English accent. It was an officious-looking, middle-aged lady. She was standing at a lectern at the one end of the veranda.

"If I may have your attention. Hello, my name is Alexandra Worthington and I want to officially welcome you to the Adventure Travel's Winter Training Event. You have all earned, by virtue of your performance during the initial assessment rounds, the chance to be trained, evaluated, and selected as Adventure Guides. Congratulations!"

There were hoots and claps among the crowd.

"Now, mind you, there's a lot of ground to cover before you attain that status. Still, it's a significant achievement to even be selected as finalists. You should be proud of yourselves. By now you should have all received the orientation packet in your rooms. Please read it carefully. In it, we have outlined the events over the next two weeks, laid out what's expected of you, and hopefully answered any questions you might have."

A hand shot up from the crowd. She pointed to a young man.

"I'm curious what percentage of finalists will be selected as guides."

The woman smiled.

"Our standards are extremely high. We only hire the very best from around the world. If we don't feel we can fill our open heads and maintain those high standards, we reserve the right to go back to the well and recruit more candidates. That said, we fully expect to fill the available positions with candidates from this group."

"How many available positions are there?" another voice rang out.

"There are fifteen open heads."

Murmurs broke out in the crowd. That meant a roughly 50/50 chance of getting a job. Olivia swallowed hard.

As the woman continued to provide details about start times, meals, and other logistics, Olivia scanned the room. Every person was listening with rapt attention, their photogenic faces fixed on her every move. Olivia surveyed the sidelines where the ATI staff were standing.

And that's when she saw him.

Standing in the back, leaning against a pillar, was the one and only Wesley Llewellyn himself. Tall, dark, and impeccably dressed in a white linen suit, he was even more handsome in person than in photos. Olivia noticed that, while all the eyes in the room were trained on the woman speaker, Wesley's gaze was focused on the candidates.

One by one, he would look at each candidate's face, studying them, his expression one of intense concentration. It was as if he could somehow discover something, some quality, deep in each candidate's psyche.

Olivia marveled to watch him work, gazing from one candidate to another, using his powers of perception to find potential where others couldn't. If guide quality was the secret sauce, he seemed to be thinking, he would find the best guides in the world.

And that's when he looked right at her.

Olivia had been staring at him, mesmerized by his intensity, and now he was staring right back. She hadn't realized it was now her turn to have her psyche peered into.

She quickly looked away. She felt a flush of embarrassment in her face. She felt like she had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

She glanced back at him, furtively. He was still looking at her. He blinked, his turn to be embarrassed. She smiled, suppressing a giggle. He smiled back.

She looked back at the speaker, trying to keep a straight face. He went back to surveying the candidates.

"And so," the speaker concluded, "it's my pleasure to introduce our founder and fearless leader, Wesley Lewellyn!"

The crowd erupted in applause as Wesley's long frame strode to the lectern. He acknowledged the applause with a modest smile.

Olivia found herself blushing as he took the stage. It was as if they had barely avoided being discovered.

"Good evening," he said in a deep, suave voice. "I just want to thank all of you for being here, for making the effort to come and potentially become part of our team. I'm honored to be in such a formidable group of men and women. I look forward to meeting each of you and getting to know you. No matter what transpires, you're all winners in my book. Good luck to all of you."

He handed the mic back to Alexandra and ambled away.

Olivia watched him, her face burning. When he gave his speech, he was making eye contact with the candidates. When he said "I look forward to getting to know you" he was looking directly at her.

petitmort
petitmort
774 Followers