All Comments on 'War And Peace on 22nd Street'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
A_BierceA_Bierce7 months ago

Once upon a time...

And this fairy tale really happened and they lived happily ever after.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Another great romance!

5

Rainyday493Rainyday4937 months ago

Beautifully told.

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

Fun, well written story. Thank you.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19557 months ago

It’s great to read a nice story that is well written. Thank you.

Niceguy2000Niceguy20007 months ago

Nicely done.

She, well her fears and issues, remind me of a woman I dated. She was a schoolteacher and coincidentally, was named Cheryl.

I couldn't figure out what her issues were, but figured either sex or family.

She was a popular teacher and did a lot of work in her church.

She was somewhat estranged from her family, she certainly did not like her parents.

She broke things off when she thought we were getting too close. I did not press the issue.

A short time later, a mutual friend (who had introduced us) said Cheryl had broken off their friendship. She seemed to push everyone away from her.

A few years later, she wrote me saying she'd had a short lived marriage...then an affair with a married woman.

She said she had disassociative identity disorder, which she described as a sort of multiple personalities issue. I had never heard of that bit didn't want to probe too deeply.

She moved, bought a house and continues to teach.

I wish her well and hope she finds inner peace.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You really should Proof Read.

Several silly errors, just one as an example - "Well, things are pretty quiet on 22nd street anymore."

That sentence seems a bit either un-necessary, or maybe, contradictory!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

Well done. You had her "recover" a bit too quick, but fun read in either case. 4.5*

PrfsrPrfsr7 months ago

Yes, there are some easy writing errors that you could have caught. Five stars, anyway, if for no other reason than you made him so sensitive to Cheryl’s needs. There are not enough men as aware and caring - spoken by a seventy nine year old guy.

OvercriticalOvercritical7 months ago

Just a nice, feel-good story about two lonely people who find that their issues mesh and they're better off sharing than fighting. it's a little too good to be true, but here in Literotica Fantasyland anything is possible. 5*

bobbycull55bobbycull557 months ago

Your usual well written scenerio. A bit long on the preliminaries, but the end was very pleasant

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank you for a story about closeness, consideration, trust, affection, romance love, and then the forever and ever of two becoming one.

We need that reminder, both of us. She desperately needs the reminder. He desperately needs the reminder. Together they will remember for the rest of their forever and ever.!

linnearlinnear7 months ago

Very nicely done as always.

stewartbstewartb7 months ago

Sometimes your worst enemy is the person your closest to.

afosi2604afosi26047 months ago

Well done and enjoyable. No sensationalism, just two people who find each other.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

True love is very healing!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

First of your stories that I did not like. She needed serious professional help instead of someone taking advantage of her fears.

Ravey19Ravey197 months ago

Good story, nicely done, liked it.

FandeborisFandeboris7 months ago

I felt sorry for Cheryl. Her AH of a husband really messed up her mind. I felt like Rick was on to something when he threatened to punch the guy's face in. Rick had to have a lot of patience to be able to look after Cheryl the way he did. Even though she didn't liked it. 😊

I liked the happy ever after ending. It just seemed fitting, all things considered. 5 stars. well earned.

technofrog2002technofrog20026 months ago

That was such a sweet story. It made feel all warm inside. 5🌟

TomNJaxTomNJax6 months ago

Another awesome story from my favorite author. Thanks again and keep'em coming. I really enjoy your tales!!

AngelRiderAngelRider6 months ago

This was lovely.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What’s not to like? Well written, good characters, erotic and romantic mixed nicely, and a happy ending. Thanks.

texlootexloo6 months ago

You have the best consistancy of always delivering a compelling story of any writer on this site. There are a lot of good writers on here, but you are like Old Faithful. (Pun mostly not intended.)

FrenchTomcatFrenchTomcat2 months ago

Very nice little story :)

Cheryl is one of the victims of the macho culture that needs to stop. And although she probably could have gotten pro help (as suggested by another comment), it appears that sometimes meeting the right person is enough.

I'm just wondering about the humour tag. The story certainly has fun parts, but I was looking for funny fun when I ended up here. No regrets though, I'll keep looking for funny stories as I've just finished a round of quite taxing episodes in othe series.

dawg997dawg99727 days ago

In my past I've met a few women similar to Cheryl. It's sad, really, that a woman has built up walls around her because of some crude, nasty guy treated her like crap and she couldn't escape.

You have a great skill creating such a real-life story and I, for one, am glad you are here writing stories. I just found you (good Lord there are a lot of authors and stories on this site) and I'm looking forward to reading more of your highly rated works.

Thanks for this story, it rang true with some of my life experiences. This one finished with a positive ending, unfortunately not all in real life do.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories