War of the Races Ch. 31

Story Info
The Bos and the Bear.
6.9k words
4.78
4.7k
20
0

Part 36 of the 43 part series

Updated 07/27/2023
Created 12/17/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pinkender
Pinkender
1,177 Followers

(Hi folks, sorry for the delay of this chapter. Just fyi, this past month I have been super busy with work and also removing old flooring in my home and installing new floors myself on the weekends. I'm not quite done yet. Still have my office to do, but my son came home with covid and some how I'm the only one that got it! So, I've been sick in bed sleeping more than anything else. Anyway, thanks for your patience.

Oh, and be safe out there, this covid shit ain't the end of the world, but it ain't no picnic in the park either. -Pinkender)

Chapter 31- The Bos and the Bear

Laughing. Drinking. Eating. Celebration of life and living. The Dining Hall of Jordmodirbaer, the true name of Earthmother's Den, built from mountain rock, large rough hewn timbers, and a sod roof, was bursting with the sounds of merriment. A large fellow. One of the ursidae-alfari, also known simply as a bear, came running into the light of the already overly packed dining hall. He pushed his way up before the massive U-shaped table where I sat beside Orsa, where her mother Kunnigr-volva Eferhilda sat on her left side and Chief Fyrsil sat just on my right. The man stood better than nine feet tall. A full head taller than Fyrsil who was a head taller than Orsa.

The man, like all of his people, was built thick and wide, and was covered in long brown fur. He wore a thick leather belt plated with small metal discs and had a hoop for a large mace on his left hip. On the right hip, dangling from two iron rings hung a large leather bag. From two more rings hung a long loincloth of leather covered with more small iron discs.

"Chief!" He yelled so as to be heard over the merriment.

"Yes Torben, where have you come from, and what is your report?" Chief Fyrsil chuckled but then grew more concerned when he saw the man was serious.

"Chief, they came from the north," Torben said.

"From the north? Who?" Fyrsil asked now his tone more concerned but kept calm. He didn't want to panic his people carelessly.

"A small group." Torben answered, "A bos'taurine family, a hare, a rabbit, and... and a goddess! They seek permission to enter the village. There is a goddess at our gate, Chief, and she's asking permission to enter!"

Having overheard, I nearly choked on something that tasted like pumpkin pie but without the crust. Swallowing, then chuckling, I asked, "Does the goddess glow as brightly as the moon? Hair that floats above her head and gives a glimpse of the heavens themselves? Walks on hooves, has a long tail, and has four arms?"

Fyrsil cut his eyes to me, and seeing that I was not upset, visibly relaxed.

"That is not a goddess," I pronounced, "Rather, she is the Oracle of the moon goddess Seline. She is my wife, and she is my mother."

With a sharp nod Fyrsil stood and raised his hands for attention and silence. Once he had everyone's attention he commanded, "Torben, hasten back to the Oracle of Moon and escort her Holiness here with all speed!"

Torben nodded, and then ran back the way he came. This time he didn't have to push at all, a path opened before him. For the first time since the end of the battle with the army of the dead there was complete silence. Celebrating could be heard all around the village, except in the dining hall. As the time dragged out for Torben to make his way back to the north gate and then lead the party back to the grand dining hall, whispers began to sprout and circulate. Questions on who was coming. Was it really a goddess? No, it was a priestess. No, it was the High Priestess of the Moon. No, it was Seline herself in the flesh. No, it was traveling merchants come from a nearby village. Whispers murmured and rumors spread, but all were curious as to what was going to happen next.

----(!)----

Whispers spread out, moving constantly in front of Glenna and her party like a wave. Pointing fingers were raised in her direction as mumbled comments and speculation were shared between companions. Who is she? What is she? Why is she here? Why wasn't she here before? There were almost as many different answers for each question as there were questions.

She was disturbed by some of the questions. Some were just natural curiosity. Of course she knew who she was, but she was as baffled as they were when it came to other questions, like. What was she now? A nottalfar to be sure, but what else? Seline changed her. Now she had hooves for feet, a long tail, and four arms. All she lacked were horns and she would look like most succubi. If given wings, she would look like one of the Fallen, or the goddess herself. With the exception that Seline had four massive breasts while Glenna still only had two. Thank the goddess she hadn't given her two more!

It was strange though, Jordmodirbaer was nothing like Tunglljosbaer. She felt nothing here. There was no sexual exstacy from prayers and worship to Seline in Earthmother's Den like what she had experienced in Moonlight's Burrow. Though Usagi and Tsukino's constant prayers to Seline did keep her belly constantly warm with arousal. Which, in turn, caused her to give off pheromones that affected Bartlett, Maha, Tampa, Usagi, and Tsukino, sending them all into a breeding heat.

Bartlett and Maha stopped the journey three times so that they could disappear into the forest and quail their desires. It sounded like giants wrestling with bellows of ecstasy that sounded more like blasts from giant horns. When they returned from their third mating, both blushing and grinning with embarrassment like a young couple newly married, they kept upwind and a hundred feet between themselves and Glenna.

Tampa, Usagi, and Tsukino were worse off. The longer the trip took the more impatient Tampa became. Usagi and Tsukino became delirious with sexual euphoria. Giggling and sharing naughty innuendos they tried several times to follow Bartlett and Maha into the forest so that they could watch and satisfy themselves. They became overly friendly with each other to the point that Usagi hip-bumped Tsukino so hard that she knocked the woman's weapons out of her hands, which led to more giggles. Thankfully, by comparison Earthmother's Den was gloriously quiet and Glenna immediately chided herself on thinking such a sacrilegious thought.

It was late, the moon having risen and set by the time they left the dense mountain forests north of Earthmother's Den. Everyone was exhausted, even Usagi and Tsukino. Dry dead grass crunched beneath Glenna's hooves, and she knelt down and touched the grass and the soil in curiosity. The grass was dead. Beyond dead. So was the soil. It felt... wrong.

"Something feels wrong here," Bartlett mumbled to himself.

"Yeah," Maha agreed with a nod, "I think we should hurry."

Tampa nodded, and Glenna found herself agreeing wholeheartedly.

As they drew closer to Earthmother's Den large bonfires lit up the clearing in front of the north gate where the forest had been cut back for some distance. Dark splotches littered the ground all around them and as soon as they came near to one they saw that it was an emaciated, half decomposed, body of a canis-alfari. A wolf! They moved past and saw more bodies, none of them were the same. A Boar. Orc. Dokkalfar. Bear. El'dwea, and so many others.

"What happened here?" Usagi asked in a hushed whisper.

"A battle," Bartlett answered, not realizing the question was rhetorical. Of course there was a battle. That much was very self evident.

"I imagine we will find out more once we get to Earthmother's Den," Glenna said.

Fires lit up the night and piled on them were bodies of the slain. There were many many fires and even more bodies. It had been a great battle. There were ursidae-alfari tending to each fire, and many more still dragging bodies to those pillars of flame. But, as they drew closer to the stone walled village they heard music and the sound of laughing and good cheer.

"They celebrate having survived," Bartlett said.

"I would too if I had just fought this battle," Tampa said.

No one else said anything, no one had to. Despite the villagers outside tending to the fires and burning the bodies, the gates of Earthmother's Den were closed. It took Bartlett knocking on the large wooden gate several times before one of the ursidae-alfari inside opened a portcullis and asked, "Who goes there?"

"Maha and Tampa Longhorn!" Maha yelled, identifying herself before continuing, "These are my companions; my husband Bartlett, Glenna Moonlilly Oracle of the moon goddess Seline and wife to the Druidlord Viridian Vale, and Usagi and Tsukino, guardswomen from Moonlight's Burrow recently accepted as initiates of the Moon Goddess."

"Moonlight's Burrow?" The guard retorted as he scanned the party scornfully, "This is all you sent to render aid?"

"Aid?" Maha replied in shock, "We had no idea that you were in need of aid."

"Sir," Glenna said, finally speaking up out of impatience to see her husband, "As a priestess I am more than happy to render aid and healing if you would but let us in."

The guard looked her up and then down before finally saying, "The order was given to close the gates before nightfall. I have sent a runner to ask permission to open the gates. You will have to be patient until then."

Then as if asking out of curiosity he continued, "By the way, what are you exactly? Oracle of the Moon Goddess they say, but you sure look a lot like a demon to me."

"And, how many demons have you seen," Glenna asked.

"Umm... Err..." The guard replied hesitantly before turning away.

There were sounds of revelry inside the village then there was a commotion on the other side of the gate. Another guard that had approached and looked out and was ogling Glenna's breasts pulled back from the portcullis. There was an exchange of words, and then came the sounds of movement as the bar was lifted out of the way and the gates were opened.

Once the gates swung to each side a very large ursidae-alfari rushed out to greet them. He was very large though he was still a head shorter than Bartlett. He took in the broad shouldered bos-taurine and then his eyes met Glenna's. Bending double, he bowed nearly to the ground as he said, "The Druidlord described you exactly, Oracle Glen'nathel Moonlilly, Priestess of Seline. My name is Torben. Please, follow me. I will take you and your party to your lord."

"Thank you, Torben," Glenna replied as she fell in step behind Torben after he bowed again before turning and leading them into the village at a quick pace.

Inside the walls the village was made up of many large rock homes. Large in comparison to her, but in comparison to the dining hall they were all quite small. The houses looked more like rock mounds. Each home was made up of a single large room, a chimney for a fireplace, and a bed made from hay or pine needles. Of what Glenna could remember, ursidae-alfari were a close knit people and their families were even more so. From the giant communal dining halls to entire families sleeping together under one roof.

Oh there was nothing perverse in their sleeping arrangements. Not like alfari, where there was sure to be relations between siblings or between parents and offspring. No, ursidae-alfari were just massive cuddlers with the added benefit that it helped stave off freezing during their winter hibernation.

Before Glenna knew it she was stepping up into the dining hall. Those that saw Torben stepped out of the way creating a path. When the villager saw her, however, they stared in open amazement. Turning back to her party she said, "Bartlett, remain here and prepare Tampa to be presented to her mate. Maha, as Tampa's mother, you will come with me. Usagi and Tsukino as my Initiate priestess, you will also accompany me. Bartlett, when the command comes you will lead Tampa to me where you will give your daughter to her new owner."

Bartlett nodded and moved to do as he was told. Tampa, who was more than a little travel weary opened a large bag and set a crown of flowers on top of her head. There was much more that Tampa did, but Glenna turned away and followed Torben into the dining hall.

----(!)----

Torben appeared as his fellow villagers opened a path for him. He was so large and wide that I couldn't really see anyone behind him. I did however see Glenna's long silky hair waving to and fro like a black flame that gave glimpses of the universe above Torben's head. I also heard the clip-clomp of her hooves on the stone floor.

There was a large open space in front of the U-shaped dining table I was sitting at, and as soon as Torben stepped within the space he stepped aside allowing for Glenna to enter, and Maha, Bartlett's wife.

"Chief, I have done as you commanded," Torben announced, "May I present Glen'nathel Moonlilly, Oracle of Seline, and Maha Longhorn from Moonlight Burrow. Also, Usagi and Tsukino, apprentice priestesses of Seline, and also from Moonlight Burrow. There are others as well that await outside, a Bartlett Longhorn and his daughter Tampa."

"Thank you Torben," Chief Fyrsil replied, "You have done well, but now, please return to your post."

Torben nodded, and then turned and left. This time having to push his way out through the crowd.

"Welcome, Oracle of Seline," Chief Fyrsil greeted warmly, "It is an honor to have the living image of the goddess in our midst. Please, join us in celebration of life and living for we have won a great victory today over the forces of death!"

"Thank you, Chief," Glenna replied with a curtsy before continuing, "However, I can not, yet."

"How come!" Eferhilda asked, speaking up for the first time.

"Kunnigr-volva," Glenna replied while looking straight at me, "It is because I must congratulate my Lord. He has conquered today a terrible evil, and in doing so earned the respect of two villages and a wife from each."

Glenna paused only long enough to say to Usagi and Tsukino, "Go and tell Bartlett it is time."

Then she turned back to Chief Fyrsil and Kunnigr-volva Eferhilda and said, "Congratulations on surviving the battle today, and my blessing and the blessing of Seline on this marriage. May the fruitage of my lord's union with your daughter be bountiful!"

Glenna paused for effect and then continued, "However, my Lord's hand was promised in marriage to another as well."

"What is this that you are doing?" Fyrsil asked.

"Interrupting our marriage feast to include another marriage partner for the Druid Lord," Eferhilda answered, her tone and expression dissatisfied.

"My apologies, Chief and Kunnigr-volva," Glenna acknowledged with a pleasant smile, "The fact of the matter is, Lord Viridian was promised to Tampa Longhorn before he set out on this quest to investigate the disturbance and sickness in this area. Once he stopped the origin of both sickness and disturbance, we set out at once to follow Lord Viridian so that Bartlett Longhorn may fulfill his vow and give his daughter to Lord Viridian as a concubine."

"I regret to inform you, Oracle, but our daughter and Lord Viridian have already shared the wedding feast," Chief Fyrsil said, "What would you have us do? Resend our offering of our daughter to him as mate?"

"No," Glenna answered with a firm shake of her head, "I would never presume to insult your generosity or my lord in such a manner. Rather, I propose that both young women be given to him tonight, and for the next fourteen days they share him during a combined 'week of these wives'."

Chief Fyrsil cut his eyes from Glenna and met his wife's gaze. They seemed to have a silent dialogue. Bartlett approached, leading his daughter on his arm. She wore a simple village dress, but on her head was a wreath of flowers and a veil. Upon approaching Glenna, Bartlett stopped and moved around to lift the veil from his daughter's face and settle it on her long, wild blonde hair. He kissed her lightly on each cheek, and then stepped back and turned to Viridian.

"My lord, Viridian," He said, his voice husky with emotion, "I do not know what you did up here, but whatever it was, you saved my daughter's life. Priestess Glenna was only able to heal my wife. She could not heal my daughter. You, sir, saved her! Whatever you did here, caused the sickness that was killing my daughter to simply disappear. So, my lord, I am here to keep my word. My daughter accepted my proposal of giving her to you as a mate, as so, here she is. Your mate, my daughter, Tampa Longhorn."

Looking at Orsa, she nodded and I stood up. Walking around the table, I approached Tampa. She stood nearly twice my height, but she was thick and curvy in a very pleasing way, and she seemed to be very shy.

"Hello Tampa," I said, introducing myself, "I am Viridian Vale, your husband..."

There was a long silence as Chief Fyrsil and Kunnigr-volva Eferhilda looked at each other, then they turned to Orsa.

"How do you feel about this," Fyrsil asked?

Orsa watched Viridian and Tampa. The young Bos-taurine was of an age with her. She was shy and hesitant, but courageous. Tampa was clearly scared but forged ahead, accepting her father's promise of marriage to this Prime despite her fear. Tampa was a foot taller than Orsa, and even more voluptuous in breast, hip, and buttocks. She seemed very domestic. Orsa could be domestic too, but Tampa was the embodiment of it.

Turning her head to regard her father and then her mother, she answered, "I am willing to share."

After all, she thought, Lord Viridian already had five wives accompanying him. Sharing him was going to be a very large component of a successful marriage to him. Orsa found Viridian's first wife, Glenna, watching her with a small smirk on her lush lips. Glenna nodded, and Orsa returned her nod with one of her own.

----(!)----

Cheers erupted throughout all of Earthmother's Den as Chief Fyrsil and Bartlett Longhorn clapped their large hands on my shoulders and gave approving nods. Maha hugged me to her overly large bosom and kissed me on each cheek before saying, "Thank you for saving my daughter's and my life. Also, Bartlett told me of how your healing works and that you declined to heal us in that manner for the sake of our union. Again, thank you."

"Glenna healed you, not me," I objected, "And, I was only doing what was right when I didn't use my healing right away. We had other options still available. If it had come down to my healing was the only way, then I would have."

"That as may be," Maha replied, "However, you were willing to explore those options before using your own healing. Other men... other Primes... I don't think they would have waited. For various reasons."

I searched her dark brown eyes and I knew what she meant. I gave her a nod, and then whispered, "I am so glad that you are well now and that it didn't come to needing my healing."

"Me too," She said, and then kissed me again on the cheek and let me move on to Eferhilda.

Eferhilda gave me a bear hug that nearly cracked my ribs, and then I was leading Orsa and Tampa to a house designated strictly for our marriage ceremony. Cheers went up as we entered, and then died down as everyone dispersed to continue their festivities elsewhere.

"So," Orsa said as the door closed and she took a moment to look at the large bed made of leather stuffed with hay until it appeared to be a massive deflated ball roughly fifteen feet in diameter. Thrown atop it were layers upon layers of pelts and pillows made of leather, again stuffed with hay, "How should we proceed?"

"Both of you lay down," I commanded, though I felt very small in comparison to both women. They were giants compared to me.

Orsa and Tampa complied, each one disrobing though Tampa left her veil and wreath of flowers on her head and covering her face, then they laid down.

"Orsa, some of my magic has already leapt into your body. I don't know what it is doing to you, so I will start with you," I explained.

Pinkender
Pinkender
1,177 Followers
12