War of the Races Ch. 38

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As the Council watched the battle play out in silence. A few exclamations of joyous retribution were exclaimed as the most powerful of the two goddess blessed Primes was killed. But their joy was soon overcome by gasps of consternation and disbelief as a large insectoid killed all of the svartalf on the wall."

"Someone! Quickly, run a facial recognition program on that nottalfar!" Someone commanded.

"She looks to be a priestess," Another voice offered in a curious tone.

"Does not the Renegade keep a nottalfar whore as his wife?" Someone asked.

"He does," Another voice replied.

"That must be her," Someone else assumed.

"Maybe," Jarajokull said, ending the dialogue, "We will, of course, have to investigate this further."

"I suggest everyone wait to the end of this video," Avarice suggested, "before we jump into making any other plans for Lord Vale and the Valelands."

Jarajokull nodded his head and everyone quieted and watched as the insectoid transformed into a nottalfar and shot beams of Moonfire from his hands decimating the remainder of the svartalf army. Simultaneously, the other alfari woman gathered the animals and they made a circle around the dead nottalfar. A beam of white light shot up into the sky and a few seconds later the Council watched as someone, or something descended from the sky.

"Is that?" Someone asked, but cut off abruptly when they suddenly puked.

"So," Jarajokull said in a musing voice, "They are returning..."

"Is that a Fallen?" Someone asked.

"No, it is a goddess," Another voice rebuked sharply, "The Moon Goddess, Seline!"

Prayers could suddenly be heard coming from the nottalfar and villralfar delegates.

"Stop! Praying to that false god! Of all the people in this world you should know that we bow to no god! Fallen, or Gods. It doesn't matter what they call themselves," Jarajokull answered as he slammed his gavel down on the podium to make every point, "We have grown in the last five millennia. If there are gods, then we are them! We are the gods of this world! We are the power controlling all the races of the world now, for good or for ill! Let this--goddess--and her brainwashed supporters come! Let them resist us! We will show them! We will show Her who the real gods of this world are! Then, we will kill Her, and all who follow Her!"

Cheers erupted from the floor of the Council Chambers. It was loud and angry, but it was not as loud as it should have been. There were not many, but there were some who remained seated, and silent before the blasphemy before them.

"Let them come!" Jarajokull shouted as he pumped his fists in the air, "Let Her come!"

----(!)----

I just want to take a minute and thank all of those that have enjoyed my story. "Thank you so much!"

I have learned so much while writing this story about myself, my writing, the fact that I am learning how to be an editor and a writer at the same time, and at how beautiful and supportive and frustrating the fans can be.

One thing I've learned is that mostly, I write my stories for me. I am always in another world, which comes inhandy for coping with life but not so good when I driving and I realized I don't remember how I got where I am. However, to take my imagination and flesh out the story and tell it so that others can enjoy it too, man that takes skill! Skill that I am constantly looking to improve, and thank you to those that have given well written and defined critism of my writing. I have read it and am trying to apply it.

To every person that has fallen in love with one of my characters and really identifies with them, thank you so much. You have no idea how I have ached over them trying to make them individuals instead of carbon copies in different packaging.

And to everyone that didnt like my story I want to thank you too because, even if you hated every line and dot of it, here you are at the very end reading this "Thank you."

As for book 2. Well, even as I am writing this I already have scenes developing in my head. However-- I love that word "however"! Can't you tell? --I am going to take a proper vacation from the title and work on some other projects. I am just spit balling here though, but I am thinking Book 2 Chapter 1, which might be War of the Races Ch. 39, will be released this year around the same time Book 1 Chapter 1 was released. So, if you really love this story and want to continue following Viridian Vale into the halls of Idavollr then make sure you follow me!

--Pinkender