All Comments on 'War on the Home Front'

by Laphroaig53

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandtabout 2 months ago

Paragraph structure and other story elements need some improvement, but the premise of the story and the skill in telling it outweigh these.

Baldy74Baldy74about 2 months ago

I really enjoyed it, a nice thriller story. I gave it 5*.

But for me it's in the wrong category, I wouldn't say it had any romance in the story at all. No real romantic interaction or dialogue through the whole story until her declaration on the last page. It would have been nice to read about their relationship changing in that year, more dialogue between the two. Just my two thoughts, I look forward to your next story.

BlueFox007BlueFox007about 2 months ago

That was fun. Thank you for sharing. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is unfortunately more of a pulp fiction police/military procedural than a real romance. I harps of the American belief that when faced with criminals, your best bet is to have lots of weapons and lots of prior military experience. It also helps to have a close association with a quasi-military group of people who are willing to drop everything and put themselves into a war situation, bypassing local law enforcement. The surface impression of the whole store isn't one of romance, but of screenshots of a bunch of teenagers playing Call of Duty in their basement. It isn't man meets woman and falls in love with her, it is my private army outguns your private army.

The story isn't even consistent within the war-games scenario offered. On discovering Sarah in the truck, she points a .38 revolver at him. Considering her background, this is probably her own gun and she knows how to use it. Later, it seems that she knows nothing about firearms, and Matt teaches Sarah how to shoot and buys her a gun.

This story is a far cry from the gentle innocence and real love of The Consequences of Two Phone calls. Please write more about love, and less about guns.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

Very exciting saga!

5

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 months ago

Well done. Five big ones.

PrfsrPrfsrabout 2 months ago

One thing - “Good ole boys” in Kentucky wouldn’t be toasting with Scotch. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 2 months ago

Meh. Not to the same level as your previous stories -- this is pretty generic, with no real surprises and little actual character development. Literotica should probably just create a "Military Exercises" category, since there are certainly enough stories to populate it big time, and there aren't many authors like Todd172 who can make the spy/military aspect be secondary to the story and characters. For the most part bodies bleeding out due to gunfire or other violent causes doesn't exactly sing romance unless you're into Romeo and Juliet or Antony and Cleo endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Some critics may have valid points.

Yes it's a bit military.

I'm OK with that.

But it's probably a good portrayal of the difficulty in getting justice against crooked governments.

Had to have clear and massive amounts of evidence including bodies.

Sadly true. A good effort much appreciated.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I truly enjoyed reading this story. Great plot, good romantic sex, and a Happily Ever After. Great reading I will watch for this author again

deependerdeependerabout 2 months ago

Ahhh, the old mythological militia trick. The readers get to wallow around in a hot tub full of reflected glory.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

Extremely well written with balanced style, good character depth, and good plot flow. The private security teams were a bit over the top for me, but absolutely entertaining. 4.8*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Don't know how to break this, but a collection of pus gutted, gun-fondling rednecks do no comprise a "well regulated militia" as envisioned by the 2d Amendment

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 months ago

It was lovely. I don't care about the tropes. You are quite talented.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just read three stories. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

We are very touched and our hearts warmed by your romantic tale of finding forever love.

Your story is well developed with deep well-rounded and thought out characters that provide substance to your story. Also, your writing style and attention to detail and context is nicely done and thorough. That is much appreciated and significantly adds to the reading enjoyment.

We have read all three of your stories and have enjoyed them all. Now we look forward to your continued offerings.

Thank you again.

S&JW

linnearlinnearabout 2 months ago

My first of your stories but certainly not my last. Great reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

If you like romance mixed with action, this is worth your time.

I read all the comments. It reminds me of the reason I am not a member but a browser who enjoys romance. It is a great story despite, despite some of the politicized comments, and silly digs that seem not to be about the story but the commentator trying to show alphas tendencies.

The Hoary Cleric

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 month ago

A fun, well written story. Two down, on to the next!

Beej23Beej23about 1 month ago

Yet another belted of a tale! Loved it!!!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 month ago

Helluva story but again, as usual on here, she got 8 mil dropped on her. Their job should be managing assets for best return. If they were stupid and made 5% return that's 400K. In the right real estate syndications I won't even tell you what they could make because you wouldn't believe it and you wouldn't believe the taxes. Does no writer on LW know a rich family? Ever heard of a family office? Their income stream, well managed, could do a lot for battered women and children. A lot more than a one time donation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I gave it five stars, but there were some blemishes. The story was too narrative driven. Also, the team sent to protect them was too sterile. It would have improved the story to add some text personalizing one or two of the team and include action for them. Perhaps the team leader at least could have been personalized.

Still, five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 month ago

As usual with this author, everything is just too perfect. Matt's friend Bobby Lee had all the right resources to defend a siege by an army and despite the fact that the first trio of attackers apparently was taken down, the Johnson clan did not have the sense to recon the situation and find out who they were dealing with. All too convenient, but if the author wants to create fairy tales, I don't mind reading one. It does downgrade the rating to 4*, but it was still a fun read.

MarrttyMarrtty9 days ago

Just finished all your work. You are a pretty good writer. I hope you continue to produce stories. Nice variety of characters and your stories are unique. I applaud your MCs are different, and each sex scene is different enough to not fall into a rut of samness.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous