All Comments on 'Warrior Princess'

by SpindleTop

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

All the stars. That is my kind of fairy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great take, with a happy ending:)

Ilfen1Ilfen1almost 3 years ago

This is a very well written story. I've posted my thoughts here:

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1550351

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars! I minored in history and love good historical drama. One of my favorite professors taught 2 courses in English history.

I would love to see a sequel!

RandyD1369RandyD1369over 2 years ago

Outstanding, SpindleTop. Thanks for a great read. More, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WOW! This was my first story I read, and it made me want to read your other texts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. It would be easier to follow for someone well versed in English history. I, however, got lost in the details of the multiple kings, thanes, parties, castles, etc that I had trouble keeping track of who was who, who was allied with or betrayed by whom and what really happened at the bridge. Trying to simplify these details might have made it a bit of an easier read.

SpindleTopSpindleTopover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you Anonymous for your comment about being lost in some of the details. This is very helpful feedback for me. Was there a particular point when you felt this was spoiling your enjoyment of the story? It would be useful to know if others have experienced the same confusion over which parties are allies and which are enemies.

Thanks and best wishes,

SpindleTop

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So I clicked with top speed when I saw you posted something new. I must say I'm very impressed. I was so taken by the actual plot of rescuing a kingdom that I forgot this was erotica for a bit. Her love for Alfred was budding but we had fewer inkling for his growing love in turn - kinda came out of nowhere. The ending though - fireworks. I know you'll only respond to the critics but I gotta say, you're doing the damn thing. 10/10

con89con89over 2 years ago

Such a good read as always. Your stories are always so well written, plotted and paced. Its a brave thing to take on Anglo-Saxon times and you did it excellently while also leaving it accessible to people who aren't familiar with it. I felt that Cedric was Alfred at the very first mention of the prince but I'm not going to criticise you for it as I still enjoyed the reveal. Honestly cant fault your work at all, enjoyed it so much and look forward to seeing what's next. Its also hilarious that you had less sex in this story than there is in one episode of The Last Kingdom. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your story of medieval historical fiction was quite plausible. It is one of my favorite periods. The pace and creation of the plot and characters were quite suspenseful. Cedric/Alfred and Elspeth were well suited and for each other. Your villians were quite believable. The political intrigue and posturing of the father and son was so accurate. Being an Anglophile, Alfred the Great has fascinated me for years. The historical buildup was spot on especially the battle scenes. I was quite surprised that you allowed Elspeth a position as head archer. Alfred in your story was a true Renaissance man when it came to his attitude to Elspeth and her strengths. As ,for the love scene, it was thoughtful, loving, full of discovery for her first time. The nervous fear that accommodates most virgins was missing for Elspeth. She knew her mind to not want to wait months to be Alfred's lover. Your main characters never ceased to amazed me. I just am grateful for a well-developed piece of historical fiction. Keep writing.. I will look for your fiction. My name is eclecticwoman818. I forgot my password, and can't seem to retrieve it. Good luck to you. Keep entertaining us with your writing. This was a five star plus story to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I completely agree with the detailed anonymous comment above. Are you sure Elspeth is fictional/ Her character is very well detailed -- the martial prowess of Boadicea, but younger and more feminine, too. One Americanism slipped in: At one point you have Alfred starting his answer to one of Elspeth's questions with the word "yeah." 5* and deserved 10

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Expecting a more head-on erotic story, I was instead enchanted by a lovely tale. One could suppose I would be bored, as I would by most such long introductions, but I was vehemently not and felt rewarded by the reading. Really good prose, thank you.

jenellesljenelleslabout 2 years ago

I'm finding so much excellent writing on this site. More and more I'm coming across real literature with erotica as a part. I love historical. I noted only two minimal glitches in words, but was so engrossed in the story, I didn't slow down to make note.

I got the feeling early that Cedric was not quite who he was presented as initially. I did dawn on me he was Alfred eventually, but you did a very nice tale.

Horseman68Horseman68about 2 years ago
Totally Excellent.

This tale is one of the best I have read on the site for a while. Absolutely love historical fiction, particularly when it is done as well. Bravos.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 2 years ago

One Brie note: the term “Majesty” did not come to be applied to kings until the 16th century. A king would have been addressed a”Your Grace” in the time period of your story. But we’ll done!

SiB714SiB714almost 2 years ago

What a great story! Will certainly read it again soon. I do think it was obvious who Cedric was, but believable that Elsbeth did not catch on. Loved that you put a bit of history at the end. Looking forward to read your other stories!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Awfully good! First word to the last. As in extremely, fascinatingly good! Elspeth was a marvelous main character. As valiant as any man, yet sweetly feminine.

I only have a tiny quibble, more like a suggestion. Elspeth should have asked the King to name the archers "The Queen's Own Archers"!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous