Was it Fate or Stupidity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had to take a break to get my thoughts together again.

"Did the investigation say how long he had been having sex with her?" I asked.

"No, the report said that he was trying, but didn't believe he had actually succeeded."

She paused, then elaborated. "He had blackmailed other employees' wives too. Several came forward to report what he had been doing to them. Some of their husbands even knew he was fucking their wives."

"I want to bury that bastard."

"The detective gave me the numbers for three lawyers who specialize in civil litigation. He thought you might like to sue the bastard after he's been prosecuted in criminal court. The first lawyer likes to go for a quick settlement. The second lawyer would take a while but wouldn't play nice. The third lawyer is the most expensive and would take a scorched earth approach, but would take a while to get it done," Connie explained.

"Tomorrow I am going to start to scorch the earth," I said determinedly. "I have a 401K that I am fully vested in. I have a lot of money in a brokerage fund, and I still have my wife's insurance. So, we will be fine." '(Holy shit, did I just say WE?) after I reassessed my thoughts, I sat resolute. "That bastard would pay dearly for what he did to my wife."

As we sat, I thought about the wonderful woman who had saved my life. Well, saved me from going to jail anyway - when a question popped into my head.

"Why? Why did you do that Connie?" I looked at her, totally puzzled.

"You know I might have hurt you, in fact, I did hurt you. You insisted on stopping me from going after him... Why?"

Connie looked at me, and I could see tears building in her eyes. I hugged her, and gently held Connie's head against my chest to comfort her, while I waited patiently for her to speak, which she finally did.

"I was married to a wonderful man," she spoke softly.

"He was a wonderful provider, lover, protector. Everything." She took a breath. "But he was fifteen years my senior and, as he aged, his body slowly deteriorated. I guess most people's bodies do that." She breathed for a few seconds. "He had a beer belly, and his arms lost all their tone. He was an accountant and worked far too hard to work out regularly."

She got up, "I'm thirsty. I'll be right back."

She went to get something to drink and handed me another beer, before sitting across from me. It was almost like an old-fashioned stare-down, but I knew she was just collecting her thoughts. I wondered if she was worried that I would disapprove and kick her out of my house. I was about to tell her that there was nothing she could say that would cause me to do that, when she opened her mouth to speak again.

"I cheated on my husband," she announced. "With a much younger guy. He was in far better shape, more energetic ... even a bit more handsome."

"The first time we did it he had seduced me. My husband was out of town for a week. He took me to his house, and we were all over each other like horny teenagers. I couldn't stop myself. I stayed there for almost that entire week. I couldn't say NO to him."

"He fucked every hole I have several times a day." She chuckled ruefully. "He even fucked me while I was talking to my husband on the phone." She shook her head. "He wanted to control me or something, I guess. He loved the fact that I was married, and he kept asking me to tell him how much better he was in bed than my husband. But after a while I got sick of that game and told him I wouldn't criticize my husband anymore. That annoyed him. I'd ruined his fun, so he threw me out of his house."

"I went back home to prepare for my husband's return. He wasn't due back for another two days, but he was already there. He said he had come home to surprise me. He knew all about my lover. He told me that he had to go out, and that I should wait for him. He promised that we would talk more when he got back."

She was quite restless, and I could tell she was nervous and upset.

"I waited for two days before the police knocked on my door... they told me that my husband had been killed by my lover ... on his front porch."

Tears dripped from her eyes and down her cheeks.

"My stepson ... well ... Ralph had my stepson as his beneficiary. He's an investment broker and very good with money. Ralf and I would joke a lot that he could take two dimes and turn it into twenty dollars. So, I signed a waiver to allow him to be my husband's beneficiary, not me. He was supposed to take care of me with his insurance and all. But after he found out about my affair, he cut me off and I became homeless. So, I am without means or money."

"We all make mistakes don't we," I said.

She ignored my statement and finished, "That's why I stopped you. You had the same look that Ralph had on his face when he left to confront my lover."

"I was going to find him and kill him, if the truth be known," I agreed.

She looked up at me, seemingly to judge whether I still felt that way.

"What you did definitely saved me from going to prison. Or I may have underestimated him, and he could have gotten the better of me."

I thought for a few moments.

"Yea, I would say you may have saved a life today."

Connie smiled, and I noticed for the first time that she had a pretty smile. Then I saw the blouse she was wearing. It was one of Breana's, and I could see Breana's smile as well.

"Thank you," I said to Connie. Then I mouthed 'thank you' to Breana.

Breana's smile brightened, but Connie's smile faded, and she looked confused.

Suddenly I was full of energy. I stood and picked up Connie. She was astounded that I had the strength to scoop her up and hold her to my body.

I felt her wrap her legs around me and hold me so I could never get away. I took her to the master bedroom this time and tossed her on the bed. Then I gently laid beside her and began to make love to her.

I kissed her mouth, her neck, and her breasts, which were very firm and full. I kissed her belly, then her legs, and then I kissed her center. I used my tongue to pleasure her till she screamed. Then I continued. I mounted her missionary and fucked in and out of her until I came deep inside her.

EPILOGUE:

Well, that was ten years ago.

Everyone should know that Jimmy-boy got exactly what he deserved. The cops commended me for going to work that week after their investigation was complete. It gave him a false sense of security.

They arrested him just a few hours after he was served with the class action suit brought by me in conjunction with many other employees whose lives he had ruined.

He had amassed a fortune worth 60 million dollars that my lawyers and myself destroyed, in memory of Breana. Jimmy-boy was sentenced to serve 7 years in prison for manslaughter.

I seethed as I watched him escorted out of the court room.

His company, and all his private holdings, were seized and brought forth to settle the class action lawsuit. I received a huge windfall, because I had suffered the most at Jimmy's hands, however, everyone else did quite well too. Especially my lawyer.

~~~

Even though I miss Breana like a drowning man misses breathing, she doesn't appear to me as often anymore.

Our three children are growing up strong and smart. Connie is a fabulous mother of our twin girls, Breana and Raphine, and our boy, Jeffery junior.

Connie only has one of my wife's dresses left and promised me that she would never throw it away. It hangs in the corner of our bedroom, on a permanent hanger. Sometimes after Connie and I make love, and she is resting her head on my chest, I can still see my Breana in that dress standing in the corner. She always has that expression of pride on her face. And I know that Breana watches over us.

Thank you,

lee