All Comments on 'WASP'

by Colleen Thomas

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
cheerful_deviantcheerful_deviantabout 19 years ago
Amazing

I am constantly in awe of how you can tell a story. Great characters and story line that sucked me in and wouldn't let go. A great story from a great writer.

CD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Roger that....

Excellent work as always, Colly. The dull life of the ferry pilot was not so dull after all. ;)

Blackie MaloneBlackie Maloneabout 19 years ago
Brilliant.

Once again you've taken us into a story so believable and wonderful, the research, the mix of history and fiction...a perfect blend that makes this story come alive.

Another bit of brilliance.

impressiveimpressiveabout 19 years ago
Another winner!

I love reading about this time period -- erotic or otherwise. Thanks for such a wonderful story! ~Imp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
A Flare for Historical Fiction

This is a great story. I always check for this authors work and it is always marvelous. Love your writing, please write another soon

mismusedmismusedabout 19 years ago
Absolutely fantastic!!!!

Whether it's true or not, the setting that is, I wouldn't dare say other than what is written, it is so believable. A beautifully written story, and superb love, too.

Kudos, Colly.

mismused

rgraham666rgraham666about 19 years ago
A really fine story

Well written, loving, hot and important for a history geek like me, accurate.

I really liked this one.

minsueminsueabout 19 years ago
You never cease to amaze, beautiful

I don't know how you do it, but I am ever grateful that you share your stories with the rest of us. You've a talent like no other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Loved it

As always, a great erotic story. Women so believeable, so sexy. Liked the historical contex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow...

Once again, a beautiful story. I adore your characters and envy the skill with which you weave their tales.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Delightful story.

This line in particular: "Is it... Oh! ...Is it hot in here?" Andrea managed., made me bust a gut.

The story was, as usual, incredible beyond words.

-Mishka

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
The Mile High Club!

jane marwoodjane marwoodabout 12 years ago
This is an excellent 5***** story...

and I urge everyone to read it.

SwitchWitchSwitchWitchover 11 years ago
Intriguing:)

My only wish for this story is that there was some slow seduction in the beginning, kind of build up sexual tension. Otherwise, I liked it!

Arago007Arago007over 10 years ago
Loved it!

I love pretty much everything that Colleen Thomas ever wrote, but this one seems special to me... Very hot, very sweet :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lovely, simply lovely

Loved the story, the narrative was perfect for that era

MarshallaMarshallaover 6 years ago
The WASPS themselves...

... stitched together with the delivering of aircraft such as the P-51 Mustang, which never achieved its full potential until the "D" version was paired up with the British Rolls-Royce Merlin engine, and then tying the story into the B-29's of the 509 Composite Group and, specifically, the Enola Gay was a fantastic touch.

It made the story not only loving but even more interesting to people like myself.

Damn, Colleen, you had a unique talent. Thank you so much.

And my thanks to the WASPS as well.

Your story may have been swept under the rug for many years, but it has since been told.

darkrage6darkrage6about 4 years ago
ignore that last loser

the last guy who commented sounds like a pathetic incel who cannot get laid, gee I wonder why? anyways great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wow! Superb. To get such detail, such emotion and such raw sex (without porno) into a story is really exceptional.

NobleKorhedronNobleKorhedronabout 3 years ago
Great job...

"Wow! Superb. To get such detail, such emotion and such raw sex (without porno) into a story is really exceptional."

I have to agree with the above quote. Great job.

ClaireDescendingClaireDescendingover 1 year ago

As someone who flies planes, has controlled a warplane, and is a WASP-enthusiast (to put it mildly—I own many items owned by them, including an actual authentic set of wings, a discharge pin rare enough that the WASP Museum doesn’t even have one, and a lot more), I’m impressed so far (got through the landing, and have to do to sleep soon since I’m flying in the morning) with the accuracy. Sure, there are a few inaccuracies, but it would take someone extremely familiar with these things to even begin to pick up on them. Because the WASP (the acronym is already plural, thought adding an -s is still common) are so near and dear to me, my standards for the rest of this one will be higher than usual. I’m looking forward to getting back to this one after my flight.

Also, spot-on description of carb icing (engine-toughness, loss of RPM), though the loss of all instruments is odd considering that some of them are entirely independent systems that don’t affect each other and some don’t use battery at all. I’ll be asking the master pilot at my field tomorrow about it because I’m curious now. ☺️

ClaireDescendingClaireDescendingover 1 year ago

Finished this, and…I wanted to like it. I really did. But my honest review is that Tommy feels predatory, and it’s, at best, dubcon. Andrea was uncomfortable on the train and said no. Then Tommy selected underwear noticeably skimpier than for the other pilots? Tommy is very predatory. :(

The history started out strong, and while I can overlook some degree of inaccuracy, a few things that took me out:

1) A CO allowing a very openly lesbian to put together the flight crew during a time where people who were so openly out were not only barred from the military and anything military-adjacent, but subject to arrest.

2) We can only wish that the WASPs were allowed into combat zones. But not a chance. (I do appreciate the nearly-accurate description of the inside of a super fortress—just instead of a passage through two bomb bays, it’s a metal beam with some rope connected through a few support ribs, and the bomb bays are actually just one that spans the width…I’ve spent a good bit of time in these planes.) It was seen as very masculine, and the WASPs were expected to be so very ladylike that they were required to keep their lipstick neat at all times.

3) The WASPs were officially disbanded in December 1944. Since the Enola Gay wasn’t transported to Guam until June 27, 1945, the WASP was definitely disbanded.

Again, this piece did start strong, and I had high hopes for it. :(

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story.I have an interest in ww2 especially the aviation side.Ignore the comments about accuracy.I enjoyed the story for what it was.I particularly liked the reference to my favourite American bomber of ww2-the B29 Superfortress and the Enola Gay in particular.The sex was hot hot hot as always.Keep it up.Thanks.

Twowayman62.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy2 months ago

War …. What is he good for, absolutely nothing Say it again

Thats the only sentence coming up in my mind …. The so called “ homo sapiens “ are the greatest dumbest being destroying a planet so special so unique like earth is

There is enough truth in this tale to think about our brainless existence and some discussion the accuracy???

Peaceful being it is and careful get together with the environment

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous