All Comments on 'Wasteland Wanderlust'

by IamJaxseekingeye

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
g912493g912493about 6 years ago
Could Be Better

You are an excellent writer, story line good, no grammar problems. I would have really enjoyed this tale but..............

You need to stop trying to impress everyone with these SAT words and multiple adjectives/adverbs. Your audience are not literature professors. This isn't a term paper.

When do you think any of the readers used sybaritic, akimbo, fulsome, geas, Martial acuity, in a sentence, and that was only the last 3 paragraphs.

I'm not saying to dumb down your work, as much as write for your enjoyment and that of your audience.

I'm looking forward to more chapters. This really could have been a 5* story.

IamJaxseekingeyeIamJaxseekingeyeabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you for reading!

Wasn’t trying to impress, don’t want to get too repetitive in my descriptions (+ I actually talk like that ☺️. I will endeavor... shit... “try” to keep it simpler as I can see how it could pull one out of the story...

Not sure when ch 2 will be done I’ve started it but many shiny things cloud my activity field. This feedback really helps though!

~IamJax

MalkeusMalkeusalmost 6 years ago
Don't limit yourself

You have a vocabulary; use it. If a word is new to someone, that is a gift to them from you. One thing, the description hints at something you didn't elaborate on, namely the apocalypse he failed to avert, but in the stoory you 9nly briefly mention a failed 8nvasion. Seemed contradictory, but this is only chapter 1. I'm interested to see where you take this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous