Watcher Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The rain finally stopped around dawn the next day, and I was tired, wet, and miserably angry. My fur hung limp, and I could feel the steam rising from my body as the morning sun cooked the ground. Doing an impression of a vegetable steamer did nothing to improve my mood. I could not remember a time ever being so enraged, and I wanted nothing more than to find and destroy the rogues.

It was midday when a scent finally trickled across my nose and into my brain. Wolf, I could smell wolf and it was almost identical to the corpse back in the village. I began my approach slowly, wanting to get a better view. Making sure I was downwind I crept closer and he finally came into view. I remember thinking, 'Just get information, find out more,' but as soon as he was in view, I was running towards him. He was in human form and turned towards me just as I reached him, throwing his arms up in a futile attempt to ward me off. I'm called a saber wolf for a reason, as he fatally discovered. My jaw opened to an angle impossible for regular wolves, allowing my canines to sink into his chest and pierce through his heart and lungs. With my teeth firmly embedded in his torso, I began to shake my head violently back and forth. Eventually, his body ripped free and I spit the remains to the ground. Hearing others approaching I decided this was a good starting message so I headed off into the woods knowing they couldn't find me unless I wanted them to.

I spent the next few days shadowing the wolves, noticing they never patrolled alone and always at least two. The voice in my head demanding blood grew more and more insistent each time I saw them. On my third day, I discovered the village where they lived. This enraged me even more, how dare these rogues live in a village and act like they were a regular pack.

I decided that I was going to have my revenge the following night. I chose a patrol close to the village and carefully stalked them, waiting until they were at their lowest level of energy. Seizing the moment I launched myself at them, ripping out their throats before they even knew I was there. I felt the rage inside me rejoicing over the kills, knowing they were only the first on this night. Leaving the bodies I crept closer, slipping into the village as I searched for the rogue alpha leading this band of killers. Stalking through the village, I decided enough was enough, this was just taking too long. Shifting into my hybrid form, I threw my head back letting out a blood-curdling howl. I hoped to drive these rogues into a panic, making it easier for me to pick them off.

It worked perfectly, for the screams and the crying was music to my ears as they came bursting out of their dwellings and into my waiting claws. I killed at least a dozen before they realized I was standing in their midst. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, taste their blood in my mouth, and feel it dripping from my claws. Knowing these were the rogues who killed the pack I cared about, it brought a peal of joyous laughter to my lips.

I found myself surrounded, facing their Alpha and his best men, which brought a sadistic smile to my lips. They were making this far too easy as I slowly clicked my claws together, waiting to see if they would attack. The moments dragged as it dawned on me what they were doing. They were stalling for time, trying to get the women and children clear, free to raise a new generation of killers. Screaming incoherently I flung myself at the alpha, swiftly removing his head before laying into the rest of his men. I relished in the slaughter, and my white fur stained red as I left to go in search of survivors.

Their trail was easy to find and I followed it into the woods until it dead-ended at the river. I screamed at the thought of having lost them but the trail simply vanished. I stood there, howling at the moon over having been denied my vengeance. It was a noise, perhaps a sneeze or a child's cry, that drew my attention to the small waterfall just upriver from me. It was an insignificant thing, maybe ten feet tall, but it held my focus. Stalking along the bank, I made my way towards the waterfall and was only a few feet away when I could see the outline of a small hidden cave. My mind worked feverishly, my fur so stained with blood and gore it was unrecognizable, and I'm sure my eyes were glowing a bright red. It was almost over. Soon these rogues would be dead, and my thirst for blood satisfied.

Stepping into the water, I approached the cave where the survivors huddled. They were going to pay for harming the pack I loved, all of them, every last stinking one. They thought they were so clever hiding here, thinking the water would throw me off of their trail. It just proves how raw and unthinking these rogues were. I was going to wipe them off the face of the world, and it would be a better place for it.

I smiled knowing this would soon be finished and raised my claws knowing the fear it would create. I could just pick out the shapes of people cowering behind the false protection of the waterfall. I stepped into the waterfall, the ice-cold water streaming through my fur, washing away the blood and gore. I froze, standing there as the water poured over me, the survivors a few feet away, awaiting their fate. I could read the resignation on their faces, knowing they would not be able to defeat me. I also saw one young boy of maybe eight years old, his eyes clear and focused, staring at me. It was obvious he was the Alpha's son, and the power resonating from him was impressive.

As this boy stared me down, I felt all my rage and hate wash away with the remaining blood in my fur. I looked at each of their faces, their eyes were clear and full of hate. These were not the faces of rogues, these were the faces of people who just watched a rogue slaughter their families and friends. Scenting the air I realized just how wrong I was, the smells were not even close. In my rage, I had massacred an entire pack because I was blinded. I wanted them to be the ones responsible, to take the blame for my own failings. My mind had convinced itself the scent of the first guard was the same. They were not rogues they never were, I was.

I don't know how long I stood there, claws raised in a killing blow, it could have been seconds or hours. Looking into the eyes of that young alpha, I slowly lowered my arm, all the hate and rage I felt replaced with anguish and self-loathing. Closing my eyes, I shifted and slumped to my knees awaiting their reprisal, welcoming it.

It never came. Instead, I knelt there, listening to the cries and whimpers of those whose lives I had ruined. Finally, they began to move, filing out of the cave, returning to the destruction I had left behind. After several minutes of silence, I opened my eyes, finding the young alpha standing before me still. He was trying to be strong, that much I could tell, and for a moment thought he would break into tears. The tears never fell, and as I watched the childhood of this young boy vanish and he became the alpha his pack would need. I knew that I would never be granted forgiveness from this boy or this pack, nor would I deserve it. Without a word he walked past me, moving to go rebuild his pack.

I knew I couldn't stay in the area, I had to leave. Shifting, I immediately headed south, hoping for some peace and a chance to repair my soul.

*****

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and please feel free to vote and comment. I appreciate and read every comment submitted.

12