All Comments on 'We are Such Stuff'

by Erinaceous

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenalmost 3 years ago

Excellent.

The lack of narrative and tags wasn't confusing at all (just briefly when the Boss and George-1 started talking). Lovely characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is perhaps one of the best things I have ever read. Such a great story, beautifully constructed, and someone was cutting onions somewhere towards the end.

Thank you for sharing your gift

ErinaceousErinaceousalmost 3 years agoAuthor

anonymous 1 - many thanks

Kumquatqueen - Very kind of you. Thanks for the information where the story needs mending. I'll work on it in a later edit. And many thanks for recommending my story on the bulletin board. I'm just starting to read your Geek Pride Day story. It's been an excellent event.

anonymous 2 - what can I say? Yours is the kind of comment us amateur writers dream about. I'm glad you loved the story. It's a pleasure to share my work with people who appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've read Asimov, Heinlein, Clarke, Sturgeon, Doc Smith, Budrys and hundreds of other authors. I've read lyrical tales, romantic science fiction, the hard stuff and space opera. Your little story is like a beautiful waltz or a quietly glittering sunset. No matter how closely I look, everything seems to be perfectly in place, with just the right sound, color, cadence and rhythm. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Amazing

MisterMordinMisterMordinalmost 3 years ago

A clever and original concept. Well done and thank you for your work, I very much enjoyed the story.

ErinaceousErinaceousalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Anonymous 3 - Thank you very much. I can't say better than what I said to anonymous 2: Yours is the kind of comment us amateur writers dream about. It's a little art-work itself.

Anonymous 4 - Thanks!

MisterMordin - I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Thank you very much.

Arc2456Arc2456almost 3 years ago

Dammit, those onions are strong!

ErinaceousErinaceousalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Arc2456 - Lol. Thanks. Glad you liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A MOVIE !!!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

Entertaining, and imaginative. Itโ€™s very well written. The flow is somewhat slow and disjointed, but given the concept, I canโ€™t see how it could flow differently. All in all, well done.

Ragnar0587Ragnar0587almost 3 years ago

Superb. This is a great site, but stories like this need to be shared on a much broader scale, and on more media. Explore publication possibilities. Please!

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 3 years ago

Great execution for such a high-concept story. You pulled it off beautifully.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Well, I thought that just narrative wouldn't work. How wrong can one be. That was plain brilliance. Think I was hooked from the first few sentences as I wanted to find out if Rachael was a human or a computer and thd same for George. Well done. 5 stars.

ChloeTzangChloeTzangalmost 3 years ago

Great story and I loved the way you wrote it. Classic SF, beautifully executed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is my first ever comment on a Literotica story... Well done! Your writing style reminded me of the late, great Robert Heinlein. Not as much steamy sex as I expect from Literotica, but if you can emulate Heinlein, you have serious skills. Keep writing!

ErinaceousErinaceousalmost 3 years agoAuthor

So many comments and so many people to thank.

Anonymous - a movie. I wish. I've never done a screen play - something ot consider. Many thanks for the compliment.

Whogivesashit - thank you. It does read oddly, which is partly intentional and maybe something I can fix if I ever have time to revisit it.

Ragnar0587 - thanks very much. I will look at ways of publishing for real.

Loqui - thanks for the comment - and thanks for your help!

Ravey19 - I'm glad you liked the story, and that it kept you guessing. Many thanks for the 5 stars.

Chloe - Thanks, as usual. Thanks for organising the event and supporting the writers.

Anonymous - I'm happy that my story encouraged you to make your first comment, and such a great compliment! Thanks. I'll definitely keep writing. Many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice, I kept reading and reading and reading

B0ldlyG0ingN0whereB0ldlyG0ingN0wherealmost 3 years ago

Impossible to put this story down once I started. Not a steamy story but in a way it felt far more intimate than a AI sex scene would have been. :) I really enjoyed it, including the writing style. It being hust narrative forces the imagination to make just a bit more effort, which I found quite enjoyable.

brownmobbrownmobalmost 3 years ago

Wholly Snapping Duck SH!t. what a story, that was a very awesome story, totally loved it, 5 + stars

Thank you

ErinaceousErinaceousalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Anonymous - thanks for reading and keeping reading.

B0ldlyG0ingN0where - I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for the encouraging comment.

brownmob - thanks for the 5 stars. Much appreciated.

Timtom12Timtom12almost 3 years ago

Holy shit that was amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I wasn't sure how well the dialogue-only thing would work, but it was not distracting at all - kind of like a radio play. Great plot, really held my interest. 5 stars!

ErinaceousErinaceousalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Timtom12 and Anonymous - many thanks. Glad you liked my story. Your ocmments are very encouraging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

(happens across this story)

(reads, transfixed, to the end)

(mashes frantically on author's name to see if they've posted anything else)

Welp, guess I know what I'll be doing with the rest of my weekend...

PhilDub2PhilDub2over 2 years ago

A brilliant and exciting cybernetic adventure/mystery. I was enthralled throughout. I liked the minimalist dialogue-only format. Well done!

P.S. I canโ€™t help but be impressed by the flawless proofreading and editing. Thereโ€™s nothing more annoying than trying to work around tortured syntax and punctuation and spelling landlines waiting to trip me up. In fact, Iโ€™ve often take the liberty of downloading a copy of a story and editing it to within an inch of its life for the sake of subsequent rereads.

Thanks for your commitment to your craft.

ErinaceousErinaceousover 2 years agoAuthor

PhilDub2,

Thanks very much. I'm glad you liked my story.

Erinaceous

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Oh my word, that epilogue has me in tearsโ€ฆ.. Such a good story, very original (afaik) the difference between Rachel and Prosperoโ€™s speech was noticeably well done, it felt as though there was a real age gap between the characters, although perhaps it was just my imagination, the dialogue only idea had me worried to start with, but as per the previous Anon comment, it reads like a script for a radio play (BBC R4 etc) and completely draws you in, and having read it, I donโ€™t understand why it isnโ€™t used more - maybe it will now! Many thanks for both writing and posting this Erinaceous, regards, Ppfz.

Ranger001Ranger001over 2 years ago

This is a GREAT work! WORTHY of more than "5 Stars." I'm happy I found it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That is amazing, probably the best AI story I've ever read.

The Capella series is outstanding as well. I really hope there is more where these came from.

Strand

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userErinaceous@Erinaceous
I've just submitted my 2021 Geek Pride story to be published in May. It's the 2020 story that I never finished. The title is 'We are such stuff'. The story is 18,500 words long and is written in an odd style as an experiment: all dialogue and no narrative. I'm still slowly ...