All Comments on 'We Don't Have To Do This'

by Trionyx

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I liked it, a lot. Communication is what it’s all about.

Scores 5/5

Djmac1031Djmac1031over 1 year ago

I enjoyed it; very unique.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

I like how this worked out!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No rating.

Just was to congrtulate the author on writing a very positive story that could save a few teetering marriages.

Tank you!

THC

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wonder what happened at the june party?

cpl8140cpl8140over 1 year ago

5*. Yes there is reconciliation. Since cheating wasn't highlighted you probably won't get scathing comments from the BTB crowd. Thanks for writing an enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author always writes well and the somewhat unusual approach here worked pretty well. The situation seemed unlikely, but not thoroughly implausible. I certainly look forward to future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story was wordy and bordering on boring but I loved the reference to the law firm of Dewey, Screwem, and Howe. Thanks for the laugh.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Really great story!

olddave51olddave51over 1 year ago

I wished this had happened with anyone of my marriages. I loved it 5 stars

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 1 year ago

As an old romantic, I liked this story. Thank you for writing it.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Well written and a very nice unique story. And no cheating!!! Love that. More please.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Loved it! Story, format, dialog, timeline and all. Well done by a talented and experienced writer.

Cheers

SAGE

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Sometimes a little time to cool off is all that is needed

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

I loved this unusual story! Thank you! 5 stars.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

The format of the story was just plain great, telling the events leading to the story in dialogue made the story feel more "alive" compared to other stories that just tell it in flashback. A good reconciliation story, 5 stars.

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

Wonderful story. Two normal people trying to figure out how to get through the day. Direct, honest communication without any exptations.

Thanks. 5*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

This is the antithesis of the typical loving wives story, steeped in a healthy dose of real life. You wouldn’t know it on this site, but most divorces aren’t because of infidelity. I know from personal experience there is a path back to a couples core love for each other if both are willing to make the journey. 5*

DesertRat681DesertRat681over 1 year ago

Having been through the divorce and then reconciling, this was nice, thank you for a good story

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Great story. Nice romantic story. I enjoyed reading it

5stars

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyed and many thanks for sharing this effort with me. Solid five stars

prinnaveaprinnaveaover 1 year ago

Lovely story, I really liked this one. We seem to live in a throw away society in this day and age. We throw away too much? just because. Our children, spouses, families, without really trying to improve what may, or not, be a problem. It's good to read a story like this, KUODOs.

I wonder how this would have been accepted in the LW community. LOL 5*

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 1 year ago

Emotional

Heart touching

Rated 5*

AstordatairAstordatairabout 1 year ago

Refreshing! I enjoyed it a lot! 5 stars. Thank you for your writing !

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 year ago

Good story - although would have been good to have more background on what happened.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice story

leofric35leofric35about 1 year ago

Made a nice change to the usual fare in LW. Well done and thank you for the work

BigjohnpBigjohnpabout 1 year ago

I really like the way it was done. I get tired of all the other LW’s destroying relationships. Thank you. Please keep up the good work.

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐

montanaboy12montanaboy1211 months ago

Love it! So tired of all the horribleness going on in stories here! Good to see love win.

joeoggijoeoggi10 months ago

Nice. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What hurt this story was lack of any real specifics for why it got bad in the first place. That made it difficult for a reader to appreciate the genuineness and probable success of the reconciliation.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Excellent. To the prior commenter: what does it matter? It wasn't adultery. That destroys trust and taints all the good memories they had (sans kids). Many divorces are nit due to adultery. However only 16% of all.married who were divorced at least once were in a marriage that was untouched by infidelity. I think this is a wonderful message. Even if you fight and argue and say some hateful things, if you communicate and remember the good times, then you can reconcile -- provided neither party has cheated, which really seems not to be the case here as otherwise they would nit be able to sit and have that conversation like that.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent story. Should be rated higher. The prose in the conversation flows very well. Standard tropes are avoided. The two characters talk back and forth like real people, sharing memories and past experiences. Agree with prior commenter: this wasn't about cheating. This was about any of a number of things that is not important to know. Cheating is not the leading reason for divorce. Look it up. The picture her is that without the spectre for cheating, trust has not been destroyed. The good times and memories are enough, with counseling, to get over their problems. They certainly didn't respect each other when they spat fire at each other. But they had a way back. A lifeline if you will. It is why cheating is so destructive wbecause depending on thr circumstances, it just wreaks havoc to trust snd respect and then corrupts love. Well written. A big fat 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTrionyx@Trionyx
Nov 30, 2023 I am honored that my story Last Few Days of Summer was voted the Readers Choice for First Time stories for 2022. Thank you for your votes and support. August 2022 I was surprised and pleased when my piece How to Fuck Without Saying Fuck was selected as the Reade...

SIMILAR Stories