We Were Half a Million Strong

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dr. Barnes came in stone faced and delivered news that shock the couple. I'm sorry to say that Joan has pancreatic cancer. Stunned in silence until Joan asked "What can be done?" Steve already knew the answer. It was a death sentence.

Dr. Barnes said, "I'm sorry. There is no cure. We can just make you comfortable."

Steve asked, "How long?"

"Three months." He left the room. Joan and Steve began to cry. Joan's cries turned to screams. Steve's comforting had little success. Dr. Barnes arrived some twenty minutes later. He gave Joan a few prescriptions to help her stomach pains and arranged for an appointment in one month.

They told their parents who cried along with the children and then Joan and Steve went home, home to wait for Joan to die. Steve took a leave from the residency program to be with her.

Joan went downhill quickly. Before it became impossible for her to take long car trips, she did have the strength to ask her Steve to take her back to Woodstock, the place where they first made love. They had a picnic basket prepared and drove as close to the area where they made love.

Two weeks later, they were lying in bed. The end was near. Steve kissed Joan on her lips. "I love you so much, my dear. I'm so sorry we can't spend more time with each other. But every day with you has been the best day of my life. I'm so sad." He was crying.

Joan smiled and whispered, "You have to find someone to make you happy. I don't want you to go through life being sad. I love you so much." Those were the last words Joan spoke. She closed her eyes and passed away peacefully.

_____________________________________________________________

Steve threw himself into his training. Occasionally, he went out to dinner with colleagues at Coogan's Restaurant. More often than not, he went home, to an empty house, after his shift. It was now three years after Joan died. He was completing his residency. He was going to start his trauma fellowship, also at Columbia.

At that time, he figured maybe its time for him to stop mourning for Joan. However, the dating process left much to be desired. Few relationships lasted more than a few dates. None offered the intimacy he had with Joan. This was going to take time.

Steve was now in his second year as a Fellow. He usually worked four days a week, sometime twenty-four hour shifts, but he enjoyed the work, did plenty of surgery and he was quite good at saving lives.

It was a Saturday night and he was ready to call it a week. It was a busy 12-hour shift. As he was ready to leave, his colleague stopped him and said, "You can't leave. There was a massive crash on Henry Hudson Parkway. They're bringing in 7 ambulances.

The triage team was in place when the ambulances entered the carport.

Unfortunately, three people were deceased. As he was making the rounds, with the other physicians handled all but the last gurney, Steve came to that last gurney. He turned to the patient when he remarked, "Oh, my God."

"Dr. Singer, do you know her?"

"Give me a second. Let me evaluate her." She was pretty much out of it when Steve asked, "Marcy, Marcy what hurts?"

Marcy was too far out of it to recognize who asked the question. She just pointed to her side.

"Let's get an X-Ray of the area." She was lucky. A lacerated liver, but her spleen was fine. "Let's get her up to the OR. I'll handle this one. Thanks to all of you for your help."

Steve repaired the laceration, used a few sutures and cleaned up the site. He accompanied Marcy to the recovery room where she was sedated and spent the night sleeping. She woke up around 9 am and was cleared to move into a patient room at 11 am. She fell back to sleep until she woke up around 5 pm. Steve was sleeping in the chair in the corner of the room. Hearing her stir made Steve wake up.

"Good afternoon sleepyhead," Steve said."

Marcy turned her head. They both smiled at each other before Marcy said, "You? I thought I heard your voice when I was out of it. I thought I was dreaming."

"I'm a trauma surgeon. Actually, a Fellow. He went on to explain. They kept me around when they were told they had a massive crash on the Henry Hudson and needed the trauma surgeons in the building."

"So, you actually did go through with becoming a surgeon?"

"That I did. And you became a lawyer?"

"Yup"

"I should contact your husband. Let him know about this so he can come and visit."

"There is no husband. Hasn't been for years. He got tired of me making partner and he working as a lawyer chasing ambulances. We had no kids so the divorce decree was easy."

"I'm sorry Marcy."

"Don't be. And you?"

"Steve told her all about Joan."

"I'm so very sorry. But, Miss Trotta. I'm impressed!"

"Thank you," then Steve laughed when Marcy referenced Miss Trotta by name. The first good laugh he had in a while.

"I'll order some food for you then check back with you later tonight."

__________________________________________________________

Over the next few days, Marcy and Steve reminisced about their two months of being together and the senior prom, caught up on the last ten plus years. There were many laughs and a few tears.

During that time, Marcy said she was about to start a new job as the head defense attorney for a large New York law firm. She was taking an Uber from her parent's house to the loft she had leased when the collision took place.. She told Steve that her parent's remained in the house, but it was getting more difficult for them to get around.

"You know, I think they knew that we didn't go down to the shore for the prom weekend."

"I think the same of my parents. I think they both realized we were in love. You'll be discharged in a few days. You will need someone to assist you with your normal daily activities, for at least a week."

"I don't have many friends in the city."

"You just need one," Steve said as he spread his arms wide as form of an invitation.

"You can stay with me. I have four bedrooms on three floors. The living quarters is on the top floor and is accessible by an elevator. I'll set you up with a practical nurse for one week. If you need more time with the nurse that should not be a problem. If you like, we can walk together in the park. You'll let me know where your clothes and personal effects are so I can arrange for them to be delivered to my house."

Steve was thinking, "Am I trying too hard to relight some flames?"

Marcy was thinking, "Perhaps this time will be different."

"Thanks, Steve. Everything is in the loft I was renting. I'll need to make some calls when I get to your home."

"Not a problem. I have two lines. I can set you up in the den which has a desk."

Four days later, Marcy was discharged. They took a taxi to Steve's house. Steve showed her around the house. Her room had its own bathroom suite. And while she said she had to make phone calls, the only calls she made was to her law firm, telling them that what happened and that she would start in six weeks. She gave them Steve's address in case they needed to mail her anything. She also called the real estate agency telling them that she would not be taking the loft. They were very supportive. They were going to send back her security deposit. She told Steve the address of the loft where her clothes and other stuff were located. If he could drop off the key when he emptied the loft it would be appreciated.

Steve got a few of his colleagues to help him bring Marcy's stuff to the house. Lucky he rented a small van.

The nurse came the next day and for the following week spent an hour or two each day working with Marcy, helping her shower, get dressed etc. Steve thought another week with the nurse would be good so he arranged for her to return. After four weeks she was starting to feel better. She and Steve spent some evenings dining out. Some evenings they watched TV together.

And they talked about the hurt of his lost love, and unspoken, when love returns.

After six weeks, Marcy began her new job, working a few days a week while living in Steve's house. One night during that week, over dinner Steve said to Marcy, "Please stay. You have made me heal and made me laugh."

Marcy was sure that this was the right thing to do, but wanted to give it some time. She told that to Steve, He had no problem with her decision.

At eight weeks post-surgery, she had a final check-up with Steve and also went for a visit to a gynecologist, for her first OBGYN check up with this new doctor. She wanted a prescription for birth control pills.

One night she prepared a great dinner for the two of them. After dinner, Steve went into the den to finish some paperwork as Marcy took a shower.

Around 10 pm Steve walked up to the third floor and when he opened his bedroom door he found Marcy, standing naked by his bed.

"It's time for us to start living our lives, Steve. I want you to be part of mine. I hope you'll let me be part of yours."

There were some tears running down Steve's face, but he nodded yes. He took off his clothes and joined Marcy in his bed. He was about to speak but Marcy put her hand over his mouth. Then replaced it with her mouth.

Marcy was still a very attractive woman, even after adding one or two pounds which showed up around her waist. She still had a thick thatch of blonde pubic hair. Her tits were firm and her nipples were very hard.

She opened her legs. She was very wet.

"It's been a while. I'm out of practice," Steve said.

"You'll do just fine," as she guided Steve's erection into her pussy.

Within minutes they were both crying out their passion. "My God," Marcy yelled, "your cock feels so good. Go harder, harder, faster. You're going to make me cum."

"Your pussy is so hairy, so tight and so hot," Steve was screaming back at Marcy.

It had been almost eighteen years since they last made love on the prom weekend. It was as though nothing changed as their symmetry of their love making was the same as it was in 1965.

"Cuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmming," Marcy yelled.

Steve followed, "Yes, Yes, cuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmming."

He emptied his semen deep into Marcy's pussy. As he rolled off, he saw his cum leaking from between Marcy's legs. They were quiet for quite some time, before Steve said, "Thank you."

"You never have to say 'thank you' when you want to make love to me."

They were no longer kids, both being in their mid-thirties, so Steve settled on using his mouth. He took his time licking up and down her slit, then shoving two fingers into her while now focusing on licking her sensitive clitoris. Marcy could not keep still as Steve's tongue drove he wild. Her hips were bouncing off the bed as he kept licking. "Fuck, fuck. Sooooo goooood. She kept moving, providing a challenge of keeping Steve's tongue on her clitoris. But his tongue was good at it and allowed Marcy to have a strong, powerful orgasm. "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss, Aieeeeeeeeeeeeee, Oh......................., cummmiiiinnnngggggggggggggggg."

She was sweating, but loved that feeling laying next to Steve. He said, "This is my life, two days on call and I can't keep my eyes open."

They kissed each other passionately good night.

The next morning, while both were still in bed, and with both having the day off, they were laughing when Marcy said that she would stay at the house provided that she could sleep in Steve's bed. "So, I have to find another bedroom so I can get a good night's sleep?"

"You do that and I'm outta here!"

"Okay, you win. Twist my arm."

They made love again in the morning with Marcy riding Steve's cock and with Steve playing with her tits while biting her nipples. He came powerfully, shooting his semen into Marcy's pussy, just as she orgasmed. The big white elephant was in the room as they lay back down on their pillows, spent from their sexual gymnastics.

"I can't compete with Joan," Marcy said.

"I'm not asking you to," Steve replied. "I made a promise to Joan that I would try to be happy again. Whatever form that took."

"Are you happy?"

"I had not been happy for many years. When you recovered from your injuries, I was happy again. Then yesterday, I knew it was okay to love again. In a way, I never stopped loving you. When you were gone, I found love, then lost my love. Now, you've come into my life again, and I'm loving you again."

"I, too, never stopped loving you. I knew my marriage, even up until when the rabbi signed the ketubah (Jewish marriage certificate), was not going to last. I was looking for another you and it took a series of unfortunate circumstances to bring us back together. What's next?"

"Do I think we can get back to what we had and what we meant to each other during those last two months of high school? I say, perhaps. What do you say? Want to give it a try?" Steve was smiling.

"I'm all in. I love you." Marcy was grinning from ear to ear.

"Can I make love to you?" Steve asked.

"I'm so very wet." She reached for his cock. "And you're so very hard."

She spread her legs, her bush framing her wet pussy lips. It was an invitation for him. He slowly pushed his cock into her hot love canal. He was in no rush, but Marcy was ahead of him, screaming out his name, "Steve, my darling, your cock feels great, so fucking good." She started to buck under him. Steve lifted her legs and pushed them back over her head. He increased his speed and Marcy was panting and moaning. "Fuck me, fuck me, fuck meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

Steve pulled out, Marcy said, "No, No. Put your cock back in. I need your cock." Steve turned Marcy around, put her on her knees and entered her from behind. Marcy was startled, but immediately began wailing again. "Going to cum. Going to cum. Cumming on your cock."

"So am I," Steve screamed. "So am I."

"Give it to me, give me your cum. Shoot it in me. I'm cummmminnng, cummmming. Oh Fuck. You've got me cumming."

"I'm there, cummming, cummming. Oh my God!"

Steve shoved his cock as far as it would go as his balls emptied rope after rope of his semen. As he lay on her back, in the aftermath of how he remembered how it was, he said, "I forgot something." Then he rolled off Marcy onto the bed.

"What the hell did you forget? From how you rocked my world, what could you forget?"

"I forgot to, as he reached for and playfully grabbed her nipples, play with these."

She started to laugh. "Next time. Put it on a piece of paper,' Play with nipples first' so you won't forget." She was now laughing hysterically.

Steve reached over, grabbed her and began to tickle her sides.

"Don't you dare. Don't you dare." Steve was not listening. He continued his onslaught for another ten seconds when he felt sorry for her and stopped. Or, was it the fact that Marcy was starting to squeeze his balls.

She rolled on top of him. "I love you so much."

"I love you Marcy."

__________________________________________________________

They fell into a work routine, but always made time for each other when their schedules were in sync.

One night out of the blue, Marcy said to Steve, "I want a baby. I'm getting to a point where it may be difficult to have one at my age."

Then Steve surprised her. "Let's get married next Sunday. One of the Psychiatrists I know was ordained as a rabbi before he went to medical school. We're good friends. Let me give him a call and see if he's available on Sunday. We can do it just with our parents and a few friends in attendance. For our parents we will tell them what's going on. Let's tell our friends that we are getting engaged and are celebrating.

Everything went well. By the end of next Sunday Steve and Marcy were married.

Marcy went off her birth control pills. She and Steve had a great time fucking in every imaginable position. And, yes, he remembered to play with her nipples and when fucking her from behind, he often rubbed and pinched her clitoris that set her off. She never complained about Steve's lovemaking, as her orgasms were amazing. Within two months Marcy became pregnant.

Epilogue:

Robyn Joan Singer, named after Steve's first wife and Marcy's maternal great grandmother, was born on Valentines Day, February 14. Two other children followed. Steve and Marcy, along with their children, kept the home in New York City, but moved to Armonk, New York to live with some grass under their feet and a fenced in lawn that kept their two rescue beagles, Seals and Crofts from escaping.

Young love, unexpected love, heartbreak and renewed love is what Steve had experienced during his lifetime. It wasn't the way Steve planned it, but life throws many challenges at you. And, as you've read, Marcy and Steve's story had a happy ending.