All Comments on 'Weaver'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 208 Comments (Page 2)
Freddog6601Freddog6601over 8 years ago
Well written

Great story. Good character development. Very enjoyable read.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
Excellently written and told tale.

Bob was a bit overdone as an unreasonable blockhead. But where did he get off telling her to back off, to begin with, when she'd been the one who'd initiated investigating the cause of Weaver's life being so tragic? Seems like, in real life, she would have resented his domineering attitude, told him to fuck off and had her own second thoughts about HIM.

STILL... It's a fine story worthy of being made into a TV movie by the Hallmark Channel. (explicit fuck scenes included) Absolutely first rate. ....

TestSubject001TestSubject001about 8 years ago
Twist and Turns galore.

I loved it. It was no where near as predictable as most stories on here. A+ my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story and well written. Thoroughly enjoyable

I am looking for your other submissions. This was a fine effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Arlene was told by Bob to drop it, she wanted to continue the search. Bob was against it. There was no real agreement. Bob was the ass because he made her lie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Different than I expected

In the beginning, I was shipping Arlene and Weaver together so hard. I thought this was going to be another typical story about a woman mending a man's tormented past.

I don't think I've ever been so happy to be proven wrong. This plot was much better in the sense that it would've been, like I mentioned above, typical had it gone the way I initially envisioned it. I was convinced Bob was going to end up being a loser boss who ends up with the L, rather than the ultimate W.

Loved your story LW, and I hope to be proven wrong more often in the near distant future. 5* easy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ok, to Anon of 3/28...

I can agree that "there was no agreement," but he did not MAKE her lie. She chose to deceive, period. If she decided to peruse her quest (as she did), she should've been upfront and told him what she was doing. Notice I didn't say, "ask permission." At the very least they should've discussed it more. She chose the wrong road and paid the price.

Now then, to the author: great story. A few typos, but not enough to drop your score to a 4. Keep on writing!

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 8 years ago
Very nice . . .

. . . enjoyed it immensely. Moved along at a good pace, well written, and a beautiful ending. Thanks very much for your fine effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Had it all

Breakup, treachery, reconciliation had it all. Awesome story one of the best I've read to date

tvjosetvjoseover 7 years ago
Great Story!

I think this is one of the best stories I've read here. I know this is the first time I've ever commented to any story.

I enjoyed it very much and even got misty eyed when father and son met.

I hope someone makes a short movie out of it.

christmas_apechristmas_apeover 7 years ago

excellent story. thank you!

TrishieldTrishieldover 7 years ago
touched

I guess some people take all these writings too seriously, not just yours but nasty comments to other authors.

For one, I appreciate the time and energy someone takes to write a good story.

The story of Weaver was excellent, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very selfish guy centered.

I'm a guy. I admit to reading, and generally enjoying the story. And, I know it's just a story. However, the Bob character is a dipstick, and Arlene should have dumped him when he proved himself to be an intransigent, self-absorbed, twit. Whatever she did behind his back was with the best of intentions. His response was at best, idiotic. Putting a happy ending to this makes no sense. Sorry, two stars.

Jay80Jay80over 7 years ago
Now what???

This was your last story, hurry up with more please!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very Touching

Wow! I really loved this story. Lies can have the most unexpected results. Without Weaver, Arlene would have never given Bob an opportunity for the relationship they eventually developed. Life is so short that is really was tragic that Weaver and Kris lost 10 years of their lives. Arlene brought them back together and it really is fitting that she found her soulmate in the process. A touching story that is one of the best I have read on this site.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 7 years ago
Well written story

I am not sure how I missed this gem! Very good reading time. Well worth the time spent! Pays to go to your favorite authors site and see if you missed when no stories are out that catch your interest. I had to favorite this story - likely a story I will be reading again! I can not give a higher compliment then saying a story/book is worth reading again!

Sincere Thank you!

As another author has said and I have complimented by using / paraphrasing - please keep writing and I will keep reading!

Dunny69Dunny69about 7 years ago
I didn't expect that

No I didn't expect to get so emotionally involved in a story. I had tears in my eyes as we progressed towards the conclusion. What a picture you painted in such few pages, I felt angry at waste the injustice and then touched at the reconciliation of a broken family and the return of lost love. Bloody lovely story I just wish there were more stars to give. Thanks for opportunity to have a good old secret man weep. Lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story

Liked your writing, kept me wondering all the way thu. Good job

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very Nice

Lots of unexpected twists and turns led to a very nice and interesting story. I liked it a lot and hope to see more stories, not necessarily just like this but just as interesting, in the near future.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Second Read

I forgot how much I liked Weaver. It's been a few years since I first read this. Seldom does a story make me teary-eyed. Thanks once again.

Theakston58Theakston58over 6 years ago
And again...

Thanks for sharing your considerable talent!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Lovely story

Also glad that Bob stood his ground, but ultimately forgave.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wrong Category

Wonderful story, as usual, from laptopwriter. Just belongs in Romance.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
Great story.

Well crafted plot and great writing.

Top ratings from me.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
had to abuse Bob a bit

He was an unfortunate plot device, used secondarily to make a point that maybe went through too many sheets of paper...like mashing a pen on a pad. Devices that end up good shouldn't be so bad... Then again, maybe it was a failure to get us to emphasize better with Bob and why he took things as far as he did. Actually, I have a problem that his decision depended on the outcome of weaver. It should have been about him and her and his ideals and shit. It's "all's well that end well" and "the ends justify the means" which is exactly what this story was not about. The story could have been received much better if that was handled with a bit more finesse.

mikie_1_99mikie_1_99over 5 years ago
Simply the best....

This has got to be one of the best stories I've read on here. Absolutely your best effort. Keep up the great work.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Now THAT is a Story

This is one of the best stories I have read on here. Top 6 or 7 for sure.

Hell, this thing is screaming Hallmark or Lifetime Channel Movie. If you ever decide to try and write a screenplay for this, I would be interested in being involved in some capacity. As an Executive Producer or something in that realm.

Nicely Done.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
Fantastic Story

A clear demonstration of excellent writing. One of the best stories on this site.

fausttusfausttusover 5 years ago
excellent yarn...except....

A nice well-written story, only a few grammatical errors. Moved along at a good pace and kept the reader (me) interested.

Now for the bad, one word BOB. At first, it seemed he was the good guy in the story. But the heavy-handed way he was written that goodwill dried up fast. The issue he has because she lied is WAY over the top for how the character is first introduced.

Thank you for the yarn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Outstanding...

Thanks for a great story.

Loklie

loveitbareloveitbareover 5 years ago
well done

Very well written, character's were well developed and the story line kept my interest

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Bob the jerk

As written by you, Bob is a total contolling jerk, enraged that Arlene dares follow her own investigation. Her lie would never have been told if it hadn't been clear that he wouldn't let her investigate further. He was also stubborn and close-minded, unprepared to consider that he could possibly be wrong. Misogyny lives on literotica.zo

BillandKateBillandKateabout 5 years ago
Well Written

One of the reasons to come to this site is to find a rare, well written story such as this. 5 stars for good characters and nice plot. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Usher?

Bull Shit! Charlie is gonna be the ring bearer.

Very good story but I've gogt to be honest the sex review following Weaver and Kris's reunion was almost a distraction.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Agree Bob the jerk even worse total asshole

If he would have let her ask Eric a few more questions all would have been revealed

But no he has to be in control

Why she was sorry over puke like him who knows or cares

Hope he joins Eric in booze land not a good guy

desertratazdesertratazover 4 years ago
Great Story

Well crafted and thoughtful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great Story

Bob, as one of the leading characters of the story, was a huge disappointment! He behaved like a moron, was pigheaded and was unable to logically process what Arlene had uncovered. She lied to him as he would never have agreed to her contacting Krystina and it needed further investigation.

Why did Eric ask Arlene and Bob to tell Weaver he was sorry, while he continued to rant against Krystina? He knew Kris was innocent and his lies were the cause of their rift. What an evil old man.

Pity Arlene didn't tell Bob to take a hike, instead of begging for a ' second chance '. Both these characters were diminished in the development of the story. Still, a good story, 5*s.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
re: Great Story

you must be a woman, Bob was the best bud a guy could have. And he was right. Arlene was lied and was a busy body. Two things most men don't want to deal with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Control freak

Bob doesn't "allow" Arlene to continue questioning when it was her gig. Big red flag. Who is he to start throwing his weight around. Lucky for him Arlene was somewhat weak and submissive.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago
Compelling story

Really well done and told brilliantly. Unlike some comments, I find your characters and their actions quite believable. Thanks for sharing your talents.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A Great Story

5 Stars from Me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Bob

Very good story.still male chauvinism of Bob not saying sorry to Arlene is left out.

It is only Arlene,'s persistence united weaver and Kristina.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
bob, author's surrogate,

is a typical male control freak. spoiled the story for me. not even mentioning malapropisms.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
By, that Anon guy/gal

Harping on about 'control freak' sure has a bee in his bonnet, not to mention massive issues of his/her own. If that's all you took from this story, then you need to look in the mirror and maybe get some help.

This was riveting, not to mention simply excellent. Well crafted and believable. Thank you. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Again

I really enjoyed this real life type story, again. Maybe it was again and again, but I know that I have read it and enjoyed it before. Well written and very life-like. A few missed grammar and spelling issues, but in that department you get what you pay for. I surely don't charge for that type of thing that I do for writers here.

Great story,

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You Could Have Easily

Dedicated this story to "The Man of Steel", Tony Zale. Two of the things he always said, motto's if you will were "KEEP THE KIDS IN THE RING AND OFF THE STREETS" and "YOU RECEIVE FAR MORE FROM LIFE BY WHAT YOU GIVE,

RATHER THAN BY WHAT YOU GET." You payed a tremendous service to his memory with your writing. I don't think I've thought about him much since I read of his death a little over twenty years ago, but this brings back some good thoughts. All pro fighters haven't been animals the way Arlene originally thought, who loaned Cassius Clay the $10,000.00 he needed to put up for their first fight then got nothing but scorn and ridicule forever after? Smokin' Joe had class.

I think your forte as a writer is along the lines of this story, more Romance that BTB. I have to admit I pretty much knew where this story was headed when it came out about his wife and when Eric said to tell Weaver he was sorry. That could really only mean one thing but it didn't detract in any way from the story. I didn't see Eric's daughter entering in but that was a neat tie up to Eric saying and doing what he did. Weaver visiting Eric's grave and giving forgiveness was a perfect ending. Great story my man from one from Michigan to one from Illinois. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Kept my attention

With longer stories, I do sometimes tend to skip over sections, this story kept my attention all the way through, even though it was obvious way before the end what had happened. Didn't detract from a fine story though, have read hundreds of stories in the LW section, first time I've given 5*, will be checking out more of this author's work

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 4 years agoAuthor
@ BTW 5-22-20

Thanks for your comments. I knew Tony, personally in the 60's, not well, but he used to come around to Gilroy Stadium in Gary, In. where we trained, and he was usually ringside at Saint Andrew's on the south side, during our fights. I was literally in awe of him. He once showed me how to get more power behind my punches by punching me in the arm from about 4 inches away. I could barely move my arm for two days. He was a true hero of mine.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago
laptopwriter!!!

You have absolutely outdone yourself with this story!!! This could almost be considered a Romance rather than LW. I love how your characters (especially females) are loyal to their husbands. This was a true tearjerker!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm Not Crying, You're Crying!!!

Laptopwriter, you're truly a master at tugging on those heart strings with your stories!

Awesome read, the worst part was it had to end....5*s

TeggeTeggeover 3 years ago

Forgive. Some things can never ever be forgiven! Great story!

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 3 years ago

One of your best. Worth the five stars I've awarded.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Knockout of a Story!

A great story from beginning to end featuring richly developed characters that I felt I knew by the finish. 5+

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
With some work...

this story would make a great movie script.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
definite romance

No cheating wife here just a great romance.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Very

A very good story.Personaly I think Arlene should have stayed away from Bob after his tantrum and found some one else.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

Great story. Bob carried on too long with treating Arlene like a criminal. What she did was noble and he should have acknowledged that much quicker. Otherwise excellent story telling.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 3 years ago

*********

5+ this is great stuff. When Bob was beating Arlene up, she should have said..."look dipshit, if it wasn't for me you would not be involved with any of this."

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Outstanding work

Far better than a lot of stories I actually pay for😁. I sincerely hope you are publishing some of your work for money because you definitely should be. Thank you very much for this excellent work.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 3 years ago

This should be made into a movie! Awesome.

trandall9991trandall9991about 3 years ago

Oh my. This story plays out every day here in the world we live in. Adopted children and foster children feel the abandonment of blood relatives. I know, I live with that pain 25/7/365. Nobody can take it away, though sometimes I wish they could.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent story. Just excellent.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Second time through for me and its still one of the absolutely best stories in LW. Granted thats NOT a high bar but this story really sets a standard few "writers" here could ever hope to match. You crafted a story like few others, and all that effort is clear from start to finish.

The spank squad writers who create a story, type it and get it submitted in an hour and a half have no right to share the internet with this story.

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

very, very beautiful story.

5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Romance, betrayal, sex, loss, pain, lie, ...... all were united in this story.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've read most of your stories, and this is by far the best. You've several 5 star contributions: this should be a 6 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 Stars. Boy can you write, Thankyou.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best, if not the best, stories I've read on this or any site. Very well done, I look forward to reading more of your stories.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

What a great story, I'm a little shy on adjectives these days but it was very good, Amazing what one lie could do. How could you believe it? Well his manage was like a father to him and could not fathom why he would lie but then again he should have found her right then when it happened and asked why, But then again we wouldn't have this great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've never been a fighter or a fan of it but can understand how boxing could help a young man (or woman) escape a harsh life. Thank you for an eye-opening tale. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

The story is so incredible I can't even begin to put my feelings of thoughts into words.

Brilliant touching scary loving angry redeeming all of that and much much more.

I've just finished reading I take every story in this list and I'm so sad there aren't more to go to.

I think I can speak for many of us here that we love you Ryan and we wish much more from you in the near future please don't stop

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 2 years ago

Well, that was great.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well that was a tearjerker...jerked mine anyway...5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Let me add, (I'm still roiled) tearjerker and more. These were characters I found myself caring about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, Bob is a sanctimonious, condescending prick!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fine writing. With some work it could be a good screen play.

e5jerseye5jerseyabout 2 years ago

Excellent, excellent story. Great, vivid characters. Loved the story. Easy 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fascinating! Compelling! Probably your best yet, and I am almost to the bottom of the alphabetical listing. Thanks for writing!

Jim

Frank66Frank66almost 2 years ago

Dang it- stayed up way too late to finish this story. Compelling and unable to stop reading once started. Even had a very happy ending. Just curious, tho, what happened to the followup with little Charlie getting into boxing, too?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Awesome

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sad but intricate story. The "lie" between Arlene and Bob was overwrought with drama IMHO. But the story of Weaver and Kris was nuanced and complex. The worst part is even with Weaver's sudden disappearance (a trope which never seems to work out as the "victimized' party would like), all Eric had to do was tell the truth to Kris. Eventually she would.dhave found a way for find him knowing that he was misled. Would have motivated her like crazy to find him. Sad...

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Decent

Decent story.Dont think Arlene should have married Bob he behaves like a little kid,with his tantrums,today nothing about his self righteousness.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

I understand Bob’s reaction to the lying. He made the choice to not add additional pain to someone who was already suffering. It was an extremely selfless act.

In a relationship there is ZERO room for deceit and untruths. Lying shows a weakness of character and will make a trusting relationship impossible.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very enjoyable story. Well done

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

The plot was pedestrian and too saccharin sweet. I struggled to maintain my interest to the end. Not this authors best work. 3 stars. Thanks for sharing.

IEnjoyEroticaIEnjoyEroticaover 1 year ago

And it ends with a man telling his wife a lie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A great story. Quite an emotional roller coaster.

Considering Bob's ott reaction to her telling a "little white lie, I think the best bit of the story is the ironical comment made by ienjoyerotica

"And it ends with a man telling his wife a lie."

People lie all the time. Or to quote Sir Winston Churchill when he was having discussions with Joseph Stalin "That is a terminological in-exactitude".

Come on we have all said " I wasn't speeding Officer". Or "Do I need to tell IRS about that little bit extra cash I was given?" Or for married men "No Darling, your bum doesn't look big in that".

Consider the Johnny Carson show with the ugly baby. He just said My that certainly is a baby isn't it? You just don't break a newly made parents heart by telling them that their ugly baby is indeed ugly. We just don't tell other people what we are really thinking or feeling. We all talk about Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny. We tell people we are fine even though we are really suffering. We filter our words. It is to what degree we filter them that we may find unacceptable in others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Writing was good and even had a happy ending

But couldn’t get behind the story much when it was clear weaver and arlene weren’t going to be a thing

Bobs presence just felt invasive the whole time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really sad but well done story. 10 years over a lie! Gah! People tell lies all the time, but the right lie at the wrong time can be devastating. 10 years! Eric was a traitor to Weaver. Poor Weaver and Kristyna (and their son). Not sure why people focus on Bob and Arlene. They are just supporting characters. The story is about the pain and betrayal of Weaver (and as we learn later, Kristyna). Dear Lord, think what that woman had to endure not knowing anything?

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 1 year ago

I can only echo the comment of "Hiker66Biker", with whose comments I completely concur!

alan_deealan_dee11 months ago

All I can say is what a dick Bob was. Talk about blowing something so minor into something huge.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

sad- the things people will do to win., for money and glory. Nothing his manager could justify in his mind

is off the table including destroying his fighter. Of course this is blown way up, but I can imagine something like this has happened in real life where a manager spins his fighter's head to get him into the right amnger mood

to fight. I'm glad Weaver finally had a loving rewarding life. GREAT STORY!! 5 stars

Starwolf1961Starwolf19619 months ago

Pure genius! I have to say that you made me cry, and I thank you for it. Well crafted, well paced, and touching. The only authors on this site that have touched like this is Malraux and Oshaw. Again, thanks and KUDOS!

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT8 months ago

How wonderfully extraordinary that in this story we find two truely loving wives ... 5* for this heartful and moving tale. It touched my heart.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Saw it immediately when Eric said to tell weaver he was sorry

BUT piece of shit Bob had to pull her away before she could finish and not until the end was he accepting blame.

Start something you finish

Good or bad

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Loved it, one of your best

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades7 months ago

Thanks for your writing. Enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Tortured by a greedy coach.. ('E tu brute')

Lost and found his heart and life.

10 years of compound interest; his Son.

Happy with close trusted friends, grandchildren and one true love. The guy who came in from the cold...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous