All Comments on 'Weird How That Is'

by EightyThousandEightyFive

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
KarnevilKarnevil11 months ago

Despite some issues I really wanted to like this story: a decent, slightly different plot. Good charecters, especially all three women, and technically well written. Unfortunately the ending didn't live up to the promise. The women not only got away with everything they'd done, but it appears they were actually rewarded. But I shouldn't complain, reconciliation is preferable to the pathetic over the top BTB prevalent in so many similar stories. Conversely I was disappointed that Shane didn't receive a more suitable punishment. I understand he is a wanted man, but there's no guarantee anybody will actually serve justice. And as for the five years of sending videos and supposedly tracking him: would he even give a fuck? I very much doubt it. I imagine he'll just carry destroying families without a care in the world.

A good story, spoilt somewhat by a weak finale, and rather overblown narrative: a case of why use one word when ten will do?

All in all I enjoyed it, but in the end didn't really like it. If that makes sense?

someoneothersomeoneother11 months ago

Agree with much of what Karnevil wrote. However, I thought the story was too often hard to follow and too many believability issues. One does not come for an overnight stay without giving any notice, and, yet, that was the central beginning point of the story. I also find references to a PI who follows people for months to be a tad tedious, because who has the money to support that sort of effort. And I just do not see Charlotte acting the way she did.

But a unique and interesting plot, and, despite confusion, was generally well-written.

Nasty56Nasty5611 months ago

Tough to follow and you should have carried on the story up to describing the “consequences” for Shane breaking up the pact.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I can’t be sure wetehr to call it a wimpy delusional tale or a sick cuck fantasy? But it sure needs to be consigned to the cum soaked woodwork from where the writer seems to have erupted!

TwentysevenTwentyseven11 months ago

So a self-obsessed charmer seduces the three women he loves most in life and he responds by becoming a better man and sending the villain videos. Talk about thrashing with a feather.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle11 months ago

It was…weird. I’ll give you that. Unerotic, absolutely and it felt like a plot from an ‘80s porno.

And how can Mike be the best considering Shane fucked all three women every day and didn’t get tired?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Why is BTB "Over the top"? If you don't want to get married, then don't say yes. If you do, then be prepared for people to get livid when you stab in the back.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

WTF? I kept waiting to find out something - what, unholy, demonic, magickal, something - that would explain this awful excuse for a story. So Shane is an Adonis, insatiable. Fine. But women simply turning into wanton, unthinking fucksluts virtually immediately for this guy? WTF? And what was Mike’s unholy hold over them? And did Mike hire Shane to turn the women into sluts? And why the fuck did Mike need Shane to always respond to his emails? Why didn’t Mike just kill Shane and make the body disappear? Absolutely NOTHING about this story made the slightest sense. If I could give it a negative five stars, I would. Worst piece of shit I’ve ever read on Lit.

YouamiYouami11 months ago

I'm not sure what to make of your tale. The type of "revenge" Mike applied to Shane seemed not comensurate to the relationship damage he wrought by fucking the three important women from Mike's life. It also seemed as though Mike's strategy was to have Shane perform the duties of a gigolo so as to allow Mike to have leverage over the women....weird? Absolutely!

OOAAOOAA11 months ago

Strange and not easy to read story for me...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What in the everliving fuck would possess you to write this shit? Holy christ, that was awful.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4u11 months ago

Very confusing. Please learn to write better.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You should stop writing and get help from doctor you need it

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Didn't like it!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Tried to write something different and succeeded. Unfortunately, different isn't always good. In this case, we have an authorial pratfall.

26thNC26thNC11 months ago

I was staying into it until the “sex god”, and “sex goddess” stuff turned it into a comedy.

TracklTrackl11 months ago

Stupid, just stupid.

SunnyU2SunnyU211 months ago

I enjoy your writing, but in too many of your stories the bad guy wins.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow , you sure can write !

ManoBlueManoBlue11 months ago

This was so egregious, this was hilariously awful

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ohhhh Mike catches Shane and makes him watch videos oooohhhh nnnooo. Please a guy like Shane would actually care less what was on those videos.

chipmonk9chipmonk911 months ago

I fill like Isabelle is a reference. To whst story?

silentsoundsilentsound11 months ago

chipmonk9, Isabelle is a character from "Echoes" and so is Shane unfortunately.

That series was pretty fucking bad but nothing compared to this swan song of the wild cuck.

MormonJackMormonJack11 months ago

Very good story in my view. Shane is gone, and Mike has the 3 women that matter most to him. Truly, everyone has flaws and mistakes: Mike, Char, Steph and Millie are no different. Some mistakes are more egregious, but clearly the reward from the 3 ladies far outweighs the hurt. 5 stars from me and a huge thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Could not get more than half way through first page. Could not sort out who the characters were. Very confusing

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Unlike the bitter losers who litter this site, I thought this was a brilliant turn on the usual tropes the BTB crowd is so desperate for to get their jollies. I thought Mike explained himself well. If he dumps all the women, in the end he’s the lone and lonely loser. They’d rebuild their lives without him. What would he gain from that? Answer: Nothing. He’d just amplify his losses. This way, he wins, wins, wins. He helps them rebuild themselves the right way, with full love for, and fidelity to, him. With Shane having to watch the world go on happily without him, and better than with him. Exactly the outcome a sane and rational person should want. Happy fulfilling life in all respects with an smokin hot wife he loves, and two daughters he loves and who, along with their growing families, love Mike. To any sane person, that’s a far better life than leading a lonely bitter one, which the foaming mouth crowd prefers. Probably because they’re alone and without love and companions themselves, and just want others to be as bitter and unhappy and miserable as they are. Company for their misery.

I’d prefer Mike’s wise path as opposed to the path of the barking dogs. Smartly done author.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Yes, it works, until Mike goes on another trip...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

@the anon cuck from 4 days ago: well, funny how you consider those with self respect losers. What's compound losses does one gain? He keeps unfaithful and disrespectful whores that would abandon him at the drop of a hat. What's there to gain?

Yeah, it's called moving on and it works both ways. However, for some, the pain remains, the wife is a piece of shit, she'd move onto the first cock without a 2nd thought. The daughter and sister though, they lose the respect of family. They live with the knowledge that their actions were known, that they were judged garbage by those with morals, by those that sacrificed for, cared for and loved them completely. Two daughters branded as whores by their once doting father, yeah that mark doesn't wash off. They forget for a time but the truth remains and follows them everywhere.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

@MormonJack i hope you get to prove your convictions through similar events as in these stories, repeated throughout the years.

Cuck is what a cuck does.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very well written, thought I’d agree with the criticism that it got difficult to keep track of which character was which in the middle. And the absence of some sort of cathartic conversation between the husband and the wife leaves a lot of tension unresolved, but that’s not what the story was about.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Arsehole Shane needed some serious physical damage

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Just you and me"... Right. That's what she said before. That's what she vowed before. We saw how long that lasted. Keep those cameras up. You need to see when you get cucked. Stupid wimp.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Go get him Isabelle. Now if you’d only write a story like this for Nicky, and Zack everything would be right in the world. 😀

Thanks for the time and effort. KS.

AllNigherAllNigher2 months ago

Not your best. Writing want as good as most of your others. Hard to get through, and in the end no redeeming quality about anyone in the story... And for once you went ahead with the guy who can get why woman in bed instantly ... I liked many of your stories for their depth, which this one lacked.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Yeah not the author's best. Makes the women come of as automatons with no free will. No ability to make moral choices. The mother accepting what the asshole was doing to her daughter is insane. Would have made.more sense if at some point, Charlotte was so fill with self loathing that she attempted or succeeded in killing or harming Shane when he was working her daughter. While the ending revenge was interesting, it is not practical. Much more plausible to have him tortured and killed by either his network or via confederates, which is what ultimately happened. The story was too incredulous as all three women had a limernefe for Shane that overrode all reason. I call bs. But hey it is fiction. And prior commenter lauded Mike for accepting all the women and forgiving them because otherwise he would be cut off and miserable. That reader missed the point. He did it because he knew THEY would be miserable the rest of their lives and would be forever gnashing their teeth with intense regret. He atppeed up to save them. Have no doubt if it w as just say Charlotte, he would have divorced her. But it was ALL the important women in his life. That isnwhat tipped the balance. But the over the top total domination in such short order was quite frankly dumb. Hence not the author's best by a mile.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous