Welcome to The Team!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I say, "I think he has plans after the adoption party tomorrow with the same friend he's out with right now. Set a reminder in your calendar app. I'm gonna have you tied up for a while. Literally."

I sense his smile behind me. "Hey, graduation is in three weeks but isn't prom next weekend? Does he have a date? Is he going?"

"He hasn't mentioned prom. I guess I don't know."

"Is he interested in anyone?"

"Again, I don't know. He hasn't brought anyone up. His little outing tonight is the first time in six months he's spent his free time with anyone other than us."

"Who is this friend?"

It's his friend Brett, but I choose not to tell Adam this right now. I say, "Dante turns 19 in five months. He is an adult. I haven't interrogated him, I'm letting him make his own decisions and live his life. He is legally my son now but I don't want him to think I'm treating him like a child."

"He wouldn't. He knows you care. He knows you're interested. I'll ask him tomorrow."

"This could just be a friend and not a date."

"Is Dante... Does he play for our team?"

That's a good question. Of course, Dante doesn't know what my team is. Adam and I are not "out" with Dante any more than we are with anyone else. "There are three girls that spend way more time in the hardware store than three teenaged girls should. They are there to flirt with, and gawk at, Dante. He is nice to them, but he's either not interested or he's clueless."

"Sometimes the smartest boys are also the dumbest boys. I know I was," says Adam.

"You still are," I laugh and he punishes me with a tickle on my ribs.

"Do any boys needlessly hang out at the hardware store and gawk at him?" Adam asks.

"One. His name is Brett. He's a nice kid."

"And how does Dante react to his presence?"

I give Adam a little jab in the belly with my elbow. "I don't know. Let's let the kid figure shit out and he can tell me whatever he needs to tell me when he's ready."

He squeezes me tighter. "Whether he's straight or something else, I just hope he's happy. But it would be awesome if he were gay though.

I chuckle, "Why?"

"Our team could use more sweet, kind people. And he's ridiculously adorable."

Adam's hands glide down my chest, across my stomach and land on my poor, tired dick. It immediately chubs up. But I roll over on top of him. We have a running game going on. A competition of sorts. We like to see who can last the longest. Stamina. It's actually not much of a competition because I always win. It usually takes the fleshlight to bring me down. But Adam... He's an easy get. And I love it. I love how sensitive he is. There is no greater pleasure in my life than bringing my beautiful Adam, my lover, to blissful orgasm.

"I've gotta get home soon. Your full turn is tomorrow night, but I can still get you in the short time we have left right now. I won't need the help of any cheater devices either." I grin at him.

He smiles back, "Don't judge me. Having my fun with you earlier has me all horned up. You won't have to work too hard."

I snort. I never do.

Adam also has not stopped being cute. He'll be cute forever. I love every inch of him, and I know this because I have examined, touched and licked every inch of him. But time is running out and I go straight for six particular inches right now. I push up his shirt and undo his fly. He springs free as I pull his jeans down and his cock is beautiful. He is smooth, vein free, bump free and gorgeous. And ready. He is rock solid. I swallow down on my lover and my tongue attacks him with every trick I know. He has zero chance against me. His fingers entangle in my hair as I deep throat him. His legs kick out, his back arches and he explodes in my mouth. I milk him dry. Two minutes! I love that I turn him on so much.

~~

We're about to walk to Adam's house for the adoption party. I say to my son, "I have a present for you."

He scolds me, "We agreed there would be no gifts. You've already given me everything. Too much. A job, a promotion, a room in your apartment. You've literally saved my life. Isn't that enough?"

It'll never be enough. This is a kid who lost everything and spent the next 5 years with nothing. He deserves more than I can give.

He says, "I don't know how I'll ever be able to pay you back."

I grab his shoulders, "Dante... Son, you only owe me one thing - your promise to live your best life and be happy. That's all I've ever wanted for you since you first walked into my store and into my life four years ago. Your parents were in the process of raising the most amazing human when they died. I know I could never replace them, but I'm honored to be able to step in and help where I can."

He hugs me, "Jake... Dad... I love you."

We haven't discussed what he'd call me now that the adoption is official. I never expected him to call me dad. It takes me by surprise, but I love it. And while I've felt it for years now, we've never said 'I love you' before either. A lump swells in my throat and a tear rolls down my cheek. "I love you too."

"Give me a sec," he disappears into his room and returns with a wrapped box. "I have something for you too."

"I thought we agreed on no gifts?"

"Open it," he grins at me.

I rip off the paper, remove the lid and spread the tissue. My eyes almost pop out of their sockets. "Oh my god!" It's a first edition, author-signed copy of my favorite book ever, A Separate Peace by John Knowles. I read it when I was 14 and I loaned my worn and tattered paperback copy to Dante to read when he was 14. It's the definitive coming of age novel that every boy should read. This had to cost over $200.

It is the most thoughtful, meaningful gift I've ever been given. I look up and meet his eyes. He just knows. I don't have to say anything. Another tear streaks down my cheek and he hugs me again.

~~

We descend the stairs in front of my building and Dante turns in the direction of Adam's house, but I grab his elbow and stop him. We're on the sidewalk next to the street. I lean against a parked car and smile.

Dante raises an eyebrow.

"I know the owner. He wouldn't mind." I toss Dante a key fob.

He catches it, but it still takes about three seconds for his brain to process what just happened. "No way!"

"Way!"

"You don't even own a car!"

He's right. I don't and I never have. It's a small town. Between my store, my apartment and Adam's house, everywhere is in walking distance. But Dante starts college in three months. It's the local community college and he'll be living at home but it's not walkable.

I say, "Maybe this car's owner will let me take it for a spin from time to time."

He hugs me again. Actually, he practically jumps into my arms. When we break apart, he looks serious, "This is too much. You should keep your money for you."

"Dante, you earned it. Literally. I can only afford to buy you this car because of how over the last couple years you've increased my sales and reduced my costs. It's almost like you bought yourself the car."

He blushes and his eyes drop down to his big feet. I think of how horrible his aunt and uncle were to this sweet kid and I wish I was the type of person who could go to their house in the middle of the night and throw a rock through their window.

"Kid, it's time you realize how awesome you are. No more self-deprecation. You are my son. I don't have things...we do. It's our apartment. It's our store. This is our life."

He grins at me, "But this is totally MY car!"

~~

We're at Adam's house. It's a beautiful day and the party is in his backyard. Brett, the boy who Dante was hanging out with last night is the only school friend that he invited. Adam and I are talking in a quiet corner when Dante walks up with Brett in tow.

Dante says, "Dad, I'd like you to meet Brett."

I smile, "We've met. He's been stopping by the store regularly for months now."

Dante blushes. "Right. Umm... I mean... Brett is my.... Umm... We're gonna go to prom next weekend."

Adam grins, "That's good. You shouldn't miss your senior prom. It's one of life's moments. You'll have fun even if you don't have dates."

I elbow Adam in the ribs. He sees where this is going and I can actually feel him buzzing in anticipation next to me.

Dante blushes some more, "Well... Brett is my date." He takes Brett's hand in his and gives it a solid squeeze.

Adam squeals, leaps into my arms and kisses me on the lips. Dante looks stunned.

Adam shakes Brett's hand and hugs Dante, "Welcome to the team!"

Dante has no words right now. He's known Adam as my best friend for years. Now he knows he's much more than my friend.

I too shake Brett's hand and hug my son. I tell him, "Live your best life." I pull away with a wink. I kiss Adam again, take his hand in mine and I'm not sure who among the four of us is blushing the hardest.

12