All Comments on 'Well Met By Moonlight'

by beachbum1958

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
WordcraftWordcraftover 9 years ago
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

BB, you have written another masterpiece. Five well deserved stars! I have enjoyed every one of your stories, with Lost and Found as my favorite. Thank you and please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow

Awesome job wordman .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
awesome

Great Halloween love,tragedy story BB. Brought tears to my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

write another chapter to where they are reincarnated a year later but with different faces

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayover 9 years ago
Sad

Great story, but very sad, so he was one year old when she died and she came to him every year on his birthday? Then when he was 18 they started making love.

He died of a broken heart when he thought of life without her, but why the grave stone being destroyed? Was that so thier souls could be together and she wouldn't have to return to the grave?

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 9 years agoAuthor
@Averygoodlay

Sylvia came to Bobby every year on the night of his birthday, and you're right, when he was old enough, she taught him what he needed to know, but somewhere along she line she fell in love with him, just as he'd fallen in love with her. When she had to leave him for the last time, Bobby couldn't live without her, so his final wish was granted. The headstone shattered to release her from the grave, so her spirit could be free to join with Bobby's forever.

dmg43dmg43over 9 years ago
MAN!!!!

This one REALLY rips the heartstrings.........

VERY well done......AS USUAL!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

It was really touching for sylvia to come back to bobby every year on the night of his birthday since her death and teach about love and how to be a man. Even though she could never come back to him after his 21st birthday, bobby knew in his heart she is the one who can be everything to him. In the end, as tragic as it is bobby and sylvia were meant to be together. True love found their way. Who destroyed Sylvia's headstone so her spirit could be free and join with bobby's.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I don't like the rules she "lived" by

the cost for him was excessive.

Miss_GothikaMiss_Gothikaover 9 years ago
:'(

I'm not crying...I'm not...I...dammit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow

Beautiful story. Unlike a previous commentator, I don't think Bobby's death cost him anything at all. A truly high price to pay to get back to his sister would have been to live a long and healthy life. And unlike most people who do find what or who they really want, he found his soul mate early and they can be together for eternity. This is the last story of yours that I had not read and you do not disappoint.

unicorn64unicorn64over 9 years ago
So sad

I could have sworn I read this one and commented before but since I could not find the comment I must just have dejavu or something. I still loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
you are truly a broken heart

I have read your all stories and believe me each story is my favorite .

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A truly beautiful story

Well out of your usual mode, but perhaps even more beautiful as a result. Thank you for sharing this with us.

handyman200handyman200over 7 years ago
Really good

A really good story told from a number of angles and all of them damn good.

The story has a beginning and an end.

Well done, more stories from you would be a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Crying in the....?

This is the umpteenth time I read this story over the years.... and I am proud? ashamed? to admit that you make a 65+ years man become tearful. The old memories seems to falter most of the time, and towards the end of the read it all comes back, and visions blur. Wonderful! Any new submissions for 2018?

BAnde53507BAnde53507almost 6 years ago
Such Emotions After Reading This Story

I know it’s just a story. I teared up, not because the brother died, but because he was able to find the love that few of us will ever find. Then I’m reminded of my own condition, and that I’ll likely not find the one thing we as human beings need as much as water, food and air...Love. How could God in his wisdom design us as beings who cant exist without Love, but then put us in a world where it is so incredibly hard to find? Thank you for a wonderful story.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 5 years ago
At First . . .

I was sad for them, for not being able to have the loves of their lives. But as I read further, all I could do was grin. He found a way to be with his beloved. At the end I knew it was true, they were together at last! Please keep your muse happy and keep on writing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Reduced me to tears

I lost my girlfriend to a drunk driver in March 2018 and i spent so much time wishing she could come back and take me with her, this story is sad but with an ending i would happily die for. I think anyone who has lost the love of their life would understand.

apptpxapptpxabout 4 years ago
Played havoc!

Wow, this story played havoc with my emotions. Very nicely done.

I've read two of your supernatural stories (this one and Hallowmas), both are simply brilliant.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICabout 2 years ago

Another awesome love story… tears falling.

I believe that the premise of dying of a broken heart is true. You can find many discussions and examples of this on the internet. It’s where a long-time spouse dies and the other spouse dies within a very short amount of time. I also believe that our “Creator” is one of love, and that a way was prepared so that once we die, our spirits will be reunited with our loved ones that have gone before us.

kaotic2kaotic25 months ago

This was amazing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeachbum1958@beachbum1958
A small town mid-way between Cannes and St. Tropez, on what used to be called the French Riviera. I have the Mediterranean to look at from the front of our house, a lagoon filled with flamingos at the rear, and our own stretch of beach where we keep our peace and the tourists...