All Comments on 'Well Played Ch. 03'

by Firebrain

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
GimletEdgeGimletEdgealmost 13 years ago
SMASHING!

How could I not have seen it coming? And yet, when Aiden introduced Ben's date for the party, I shrieked. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it was perfect. Full circle; I never anticipated it.

Actually, I was more than ready for Ben to have his first threesome experience that same evening. I am very partial to that third party you have created so well. I don't know how involved these others will be in this series, but may I put in a small request for that configuration?

What can I say? This is so well written, so satisfying and yet full of suspense for all that you have laid the groundwork to happen next. Wonderful.

incognito8incognito8almost 13 years ago
Stupendous!

I love this story so much! Great job. I'm really looking forward to the next post.

W_O_GW_O_Galmost 13 years ago
Lovely Surprise

The unfolding details of Harper’s history are nicely interwoven with the current narrative. As a reader, my eyes tend to glaze and skim over big blocks of exposition. That said, hate Kate and thought Nate (too much? Sorry.) was quick witted in the moment. Bravo, Nathan.

Enchanted by the eight ball imagery. Amusing on so many levels.

I have to admit when Nathan said “three times,” I didn’t realize that was his admission. Despite the lack of a question mark, I thought that was his guess at how many times Harper had “played.” It was clearer on the second read.

“…still warmed by the froth of bravery” Nicely put.

The emails… for two people who have only shared one kiss, those were hella hot emails. Geeeeeez.

“…underwear made of candyfloss and barbed wire.”

******************************

“I was sweating around the collar in a little noose of heat.” Great visual.

NO WAY! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! (First time. *snorts*)

“…the whole hulking surface of me was alkaline desire.”

“wine-tainted laughter”

“…he's like my brother." *snigger*

“The lamp swallowed the room in a buttery glow;” Pretty.

“Her hair splattered the pillows like scarlet graffiti…” Gah.

Except for the fact that I would have dearly loved a listen to Harper and Nathan’s conversations, I just can’t find it in me to complain about that after these entirely entertaining 11,000 words. ;) The crossover characters were a lovely surprise! No better way to actually build Ben’s confidence, is there? Now go forth, young man, and conquer Nicole! The whole scene with Joseph was perfectly played, too, keeping Ben completely in character.

I continue to love the incremental movement of the relationship between Harper and Nathan. There is a possibility that by the time they actually act out their texts that my laptop will catch on fire.

I vote for novel length – if I get a vote. Thanks for making my Sunday afternoon. Now - I have to go find the hubby…

Rad'lRad'lalmost 13 years ago
Exciting and -

well done. Good characterization and good lines.

Thank you.

svenjollysvenjollyalmost 13 years ago
Brilliant!

As usual! I definitely like how it's tying in with the events of Whored, with plenty of little in jokes for us fans.

I have to agree with other commenters though: Nathan makes my skin crawl.

ohheyythereohheyytherealmost 13 years ago

this story is very well written. even though its missing some back story with nathan i believe that you have an amazing story on your hands here. please hurry and post the next chapter! i literally can't wait!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
this is...

Like a romance novel, but dirty... in a good way :) for whatever reason talk of Nathan has me imagineing Nathan Stark as played by ed quinn in the syfy show eureka... really really enjoy your work and will be checking back periodically for updates

EOLoverEOLoverover 12 years ago
Please.....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue writing this story. Please write the next story ASAP...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
More Please

Please keep writing this story. It is 6 months since the last post1 Please do not keep up waiting much longer. Thanks you

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Bloody brilliant!

This is, quite frankly, one of the most engaging, witty, sexy, clever and downright bloody enjoyable stories I have ever read on this site. I am in awe of your writing talent. Please continue.

janas_toyjanas_toyover 12 years ago
You've got me completely hooked!

Wow!!! I am blown away by this wonderfully written story!

From start to finish, your story drew me in and captivated me. I felt like I actually knew the characters, as though we were long-time friends.

So refreshing!

I absolutely cannot wait for the next installment! PLEASE, please, pleaseeeee finish writing this tale!!!!

furiouslobsterfuriouslobsterover 12 years ago

Please write more! I love not only this series but also your "Cider Webs" story. Your conversations are delightful to read and you have also created some well-thought out characters to follow.

ChaamChaamover 12 years ago
Love how you write conversations!

Your conversation writing is amazing, I love it when an author can write like this. It makes it so much easier to connect with the characters and all those word-plays cracked me up all the time!

Your characters feel extremely real too, and thoroughly likeable.

And the scene with Leila was hands down one of the hottest I've ever read and I always find myself surprised at the quality one can find on here.

Please do keep up the fantastic work!

ChaamChaamover 12 years ago
The song?

Oh and by the way, is that a real song that's playing on the tv when Aiden comes to pick up Ben? Google couldn't help me and I always like to listen to music that's featured in a story :).

Ashesh9Ashesh9almost 12 years ago
You're a great,

Gorgeous writer &your dialogues are out of the world , entire script/screenplay (it does read like a crackerjack TV serial )is tight , well-crafted -- a reader's /viewer's Delight !!

Lola_the_WarriorLola_the_Warrioralmost 11 years ago
Keep Going

I hope this isnt the last part! i want to know what happens with Ben and Nicole and Harper and Nathan. Keep Writing! Amazing!

IsabellaRoggiIsabellaRoggiover 9 years ago

Hey everybody,

I am so sad this story is not finished - anybody know what happened to the author?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Author

For those asking about the author: she is published now and I believe she writes under the names Lucy V. Morgan and Lime Craven.

TheVindicatorTheVindicatorabout 8 years ago
Great job as always...

Waiting for the next chapter...

Sophia_Sophia_over 7 years ago
Next chapter please!

Please update the next chapter!! This story is amazing! One if the best on this site!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nicely done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Well Played Series Info

SIMILAR Stories