All Comments on 'Well Situated with Hidden Potential'

by TheRedChamber

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
docmagnusdocmagnusabout 2 years ago

Re: the level of tameness in this story.

Some BDSM stories get by on pushing the limits of depravity as much as they can. Others work on a different level, getting us inside the minds of the characters to generate some erotic heat.

That's what you accomplished here. This is an extremely erotic story. Certainly did the trick for me.

Mastered_againMastered_againabout 2 years ago

A very enjoyable read. Nicely set up and being on the softer side of BDSM (just bondage actually) is more to my liking. The humor at the end was a nice touch. Hopefully she can get the HVAC tradesmen in to get the darkness out of her hobby rooms (at least that's what I would do).

Just one thing is that refer to her flatmate, but isn't she living with her mum? Might just be the British/American language barrier. I must admit consulting the web twice for a "translation."

2soon2no2soon2noabout 2 years ago

I too enjoyed the story. It had roots, character development, a middle and a happy ending. A sequel would be nice, but no hurries, you can write about anything in the world. I wondered about the fish, my British wife didn't know it either, but the other words were either well know to me, or known as England only vocabulary. Thank you for the titillating tale.

Mastered_againMastered_againabout 2 years ago

I meant dankness, not darkness. Bloody auto correct

TheRedChamberTheRedChamberabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comments - yes I do seem to have her simultaneously living with both her mum and a nice French lady. I'll have to get that straightened out. I'm surprised you're wife doesn't know plaice, it's probably in the top 5 or so fish from the UK - still my family's from a fishing port, so perhaps there are areas where it's less well known.

Incidently the house (sans the dungeon equipment) is based on a real one my wife and I viewed a few years ago just around the corner from the university. The back was all underground so there was no natural light in about three rooms and it was dank everywhere. Good HVAC might be able to improve the air slightly but it would never be particularly pleasant.

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204almost 2 years ago

Frankly, not very erotic to my sensibilities at all, rather ordinary technical treatise on methodical avoidance of erotic seduction. But a rather generally well written exploration of the division of a population by a common language which has a few uncommon elements of its slanguage.

AG31AG31almost 2 years ago

First, the contest. I read a lot of British mysteries and detective stories, so I didn't expect to find any unfamiliar terms. But I did: gazumpped, skeevy, tipexxed, storage heater.

The setup was a little extended for my tastes, but it evoked a vivid atmosphere, and it is just a taste thing. It wasn's structurally too long. The BDSM was a little mild for me, and, again, that's just taste. But the tone was consistent and the writing flowed, so I'm sure it "works" for the right audience.

Good job!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTheRedChamber@TheRedChamber
April Fools' Day story now published - Chocolate and the Charlie Factory. This story is part of the Hannah Has Plans series of stories. These are short fun stories that are each stand-alone. There's no real continuity and they range over the whole period of the couple's relat...