Welldark B1 Ch. 01

Story Info
Introduction Ceremony.
15.6k words
4.82
20.7k
55

Part 1 of the 12 part series

Updated 08/01/2023
Created 01/16/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FanFunatic
FanFunatic
462 Followers

Synopsis

Welldark University, one of the many schools in the universe specialized in the training of those that know the Dimensional Truth. Those that can, to put it simply, step through the veil where it is weak and travel to other worlds, no matter how far away or no matter in which parallel universe.

A freshman at Welldark, Karitas aims to enjoy his university life to the fullest. Although he certainly is looking forwards to studying topics he is passionate about, what he cares most for is the building of his Anomalia - a soulbonded unit of several people that know the Dimensional Truth. It just so happens that this world-travelling ability tends to awaken in the women of the cosmos a lot more commonly then men. Harem-building hijinks ensue.

This story is written in the First-Person POV. The series is written in volumes which release in their entirety, and are slowly released to the public one chapter per month.

Just as a warning, this story is very much a slow-burn one.

If you're looking for something that is much more erotic feel free to check out "Who a king must do" - a WoW fapfiction that has over 50 chapters on Literotica

________________

"What a glorious day! So wonderful the sun shines on my life today that I got out of bed without coffee!" Enthusiastically, I threw my hands into the air, attempting to hail the occasion itself. My white hair was waving in the soft, artificial winds that blew through the crafted landscape. From the mountain in the distance, to the forests and the grass, it all looked natural. A true masterclass in world-crafting.

The asphalt under my feet was the smooth road to a new segment in my life, leading up to a gothic university. A set of buildings of primarily deep purple, grey and black colouration, dominated by tall clock towers, decorative arches and tall windows. It beckoned me to explore the secrets laying in its splendour. "So, this is Welldark," I continued to talk, after glancing over my shoulder. "It's even larger than I thought. A vast complex of arts and crafts and people. More than enough room to unfold my many desires and satisfy my curiosity."

"Maybe It'll even fit your ego," a groan behind me interrupted my monologue. "Karitas, when will you ever be done playing the philosopher?" the same voice continued to berate me. It was distinctly female and fundamentally seductive, although that was somewhat diminished by the chastising undertone. "You know you sound pretentious A-F, right?"

I stood frozen, taking a moment more to just breathe it all in. The many women and few men passing by gave me odd glances. There were almost as many shapes to their pupils as there were colours to their eyes. Nods, gestures and giggles were inspired by my presence, tiny movements accentuated by horns, ears, tails, fantastical and animalistic features.

My fellow students passed by, in their various shapes and forms. All were humanoid, a pair of arms, a pair of legs and one head, but few were actually 'just' human. Be it the simple addition of pointy ears or the complete replacement of flesh and bones with slime, the predominantly female crowd was rich in desirable diversity. Welldark was famous among the Cosmic Universities for attracting people from all kinds of worlds.

"What, did you expect that he suddenly fixed himself over the last year?" A second voice, male, asked the initial speaker that had so rudely interrupted me. His voice was less mocking and meek, almost getting drowned out by the chattering.

"Nope, but I had hope," the first voice pointed out. "It's been a year, I thought he would grow up."

"You two are cunts," I declared and dropped my hands, putting them into the large pockets of my black cotton pants. They combined with a high-quality, red shirt to make up the school uniform of Welldark university. With the hands, my overacting of the situation also dropped. "Seriously, can a happy man not try to have some fun by being sophisticated about the path of his life?"

"Not in the open, you can't," said the man. His name was Willt and he was a human -- the descendant of a warlock that had stumbled into the Dimensional Truth. I looked him up and down with my sky blue eye, checking if he had changed in any way since I had last seen him. He had long, straight hair of a brown colour and a long, handsome face. If there was one thing a bit off about his looks, it was the red-tinged goggles with their tiny round glasses that sat on his nose. All around, he had an aesthetic fit for the eighties on Earth.

"I mean, he totally can, if he wants to look like a pretentious ass," the woman next to him added. She was relatively short, but that was by far the most usual of her unusual qualities. Red skin, dark red hair, horns and a thin, spade-tipped tail, all marked Arlethukinia Brimerischtueria as a succubus. As was common for those creatures of sexuality, she was attractive as all hell. That went for her face and her figure. She had large breasts and a general level of thickness to her, without actually being fat in any way.

I opted to ignore her words and instead inspected Willt a bit closer. "Did you buff up over the last year?" I asked him with genuine curiosity. I remembered him being a bit slimmer, not that the extra bulk pulled him out of the lanky category. He was also shorter than me, but I was above average in that regard and that left Willt at a pretty normal height.

"Well, I had a lot of physical exercise...," he blinked twice, and nodded towards the short and stacked succubus next to him, to signal what he was too shy to say out loud in public. Her tail possessively wrapped around his wrist and she smiled.

"No waaaaay," I mockingly shouted, stretching the last word like a gossiping high school girl. "You finally confessed, Arlethia? How did you muster the courage? How much did you have to drink?"

"Shut it!" she shouted at me, pulling back her dark red lips and revealing her pearly white fangs. Their colour contrasted strongly with her deep red face. Her demonic complexion almost successfully hid the fact that she was blushing. Almost.

The two of them had known each other for almost their entire lives. Amongst the many demons Willt's father had contracted in his day, one of them was a succubus. In a somewhat unusual development, they stayed platonic friends. Willt's father eventually moved to Hell, bought a house close to the succubus, both had their families and kids. The oldest kid of each family became friends early on.

Well, friends was a nice way of putting it. When I had arrived in Hell, the two shared a lot of memories and time, but Willt repeatedly told me that he had no idea why she was always so adamant about hanging out with him. Arlethia (which was what normal people who didn't want to spend 3 minutes pronouncing ridiculous demon names called her) presented a slightly different story: that of a lovestruck succubus that had no idea how to talk to the nerdy guy.

The fact that it took little old me to help push them together was something I would likely eternally tease them for. I had only entered their life at the beginning of the ascending school. An institution different from other schools within the 16-20 age group in that it taught, along with math, languages and basic civics, how to find and abuse structural weak points in the fabric of reality to hop between worlds. For most races, it took a special person to learn that art. Demons had the special gift that they could travel between worlds as long as they were called, even without awakening to the Dimensional Truth. The three of us were in the lucky club that did, however, come to realize how to penetrate the veil by ourselves.

As a friend, that they finally got together made me happy for both of them. As a man, however, Willt had my honest envy. With a chest that could make heads disappear in her cleavage and hips that strained the cloth of her black skirt tremendously, Arlethia was a true looker. Her black eyes narrowed, the red slit in the middle widening in contrast.

"Was it the pressure of the university years looming on the horizon, mhm?" I couldn't help but tease her. "Did the lowly succubus fall to the uncertainty of fate, presented in a world full of the luscious female bodies?!" My excited voice rose higher than it should have as my arms rose again and pointed at the many people passing us. "Look at it, the Garden of Eden has nothing on this place! More women than Eve and many sinful acts to celebrate!"

It wasn't just Arlethia who had a drop-dead body, no; most of the crowd around the three of us consisted of magnificently cute and gorgeous women. From all the worlds that tethered to the cosmic maelstrom, they came here and dressed in the tight shirts and short skirts that composed the school uniform. The guys looked good too, but I didn't care about them, a surely mutual feeling. Advantageous that the male to female ratio of this place was one to ten. Nobody was exactly sure why the Dimensional Truth manifested in such a skewed manner, but I didn't care to question something so wonderful extensively. There was a saying about gift horses and mouths.

Grinding her teeth and clenching her fists, the succubus was barely holding back an aggressive outbreak. It was clear that I wasn't the only one who had barely changed in the year we had been apart. "Ah, I can see the truth in your eyes, creature of lust and darkness; you wanted to claim your man before the harem he builds is outside of your control. You want to be his Queen, it is as obvious as it could ever be!"

"Yeah? That's completely normal!" the redheaded, red-skinned, red-pupiled demoness attempted to kick me in the chin. Her leg rose high, showcasing her flexibility. Regardless of how impressive that was, the attack was stopped when I blocked it with the back of my hand. Her skirt fluttered upwards. As a gentleman, I did avert my eyes. Not because I didn't want to look, but because she wasn't my woman to look at. If she had been single, I would have been all over that. "Tsk," she made an annoyed sound and put her foot back down.

"I bet you had fun with those thighs, pretty thick," I immediately turned to Willt and dropped that line. A movement in my periphery alone was enough to make me jump on the spot. The leg-swipe went by under me. "Arlethukinia, you should know me better than that. That was a cheap shot."

"I can't believe you got even faster," she grumbled in response, standing straight and pulling her skirt back into position. "You're just a human, there is no way you should be able to be that much quicker than me."

"Hey, we got to Welldark, it's not like we are average people," Willt put an arm around his love. For the moment, she was his only one.

"Indeed, we got to Welldark," I looked around once again, wondering who I would manage to win over to start my own harem with. There was just no end to worthwhile sights. Which ones of the many girls in this university would become part of my Anomalia? Given the gender ratio among those born with an awareness of the Dimensional Truth, male-dominated harems had become the norm generations ago and I fully intended to be in keeping with the tradition.

Places like Welldark, the Cosmic Universities, had three primary purposes. Number one was to educate future dimensional travellers in proper conduct. There were such worlds, Earth, for example, that had a God that didn't want magic to meddle in its development too much (anymore). Knowing how to behave under each rule was paramount for survival and for keeping things generally peaceful. An angry god was not fun for anybody.

Number two was combat. This happened through classes, tournaments between students and, sometimes, competitions between universities. The cosmos was a vast and often dangerous place. Knowing how to defend ourselves was paramount to survival.

Number three was the forming of a harem or, what it was technically called, an Anomalia. It was a tradition fueled by a special set of powers one got access to once part of one. It was best to forge such a connection in the safety of the school years, rather than in the vast dangers of the wider universe. Especially since only other people in the know about the Dimensional Truth could join.

Strictly speaking an Anomalia didn't have to be a harem, but it almost always ended up that way. There were conditions and circumstances that made it exceedingly likely.

"What I don't get," Willt suddenly said, "is why you went to this university of all places. Welldark is a good school, but with your grades and abilities, you surely could have gotten to Balelight. You could have been the first human in generations there."

"No, I couldn't have," I joked and quickly continued speaking, not liking the topic all that much. "No matter how hard I would have tried. That aside, I used divination to figure out where to go."

"Oh?" Arlethia's long, elf-like ears perked up. Although, she would have insisted elves had succubus-like ears. A point not really worth arguing, she had long ears and they had picked up something she found interesting. "Why the hell would you try something that's notoriously inaccurate and unhelpful. Did you see something nice at least?"

"No, I saw a starless night and a girl with a bleeding back," I answered, my eyes growing dull and unfocused as I remembered the sadness I felt upon seeing the woman weep under the empty sky. "I lost her image before I could identify her," I was genuinely saddened by this. "Then I was shown Welldark for just a moment before the sky devoured everything."

Willt put a hand on my shoulder and patted it two times in an encouraging gesture. "Cheer up, it's weird to see you in a gloomy mood."

"Well, I'm intrigued by why the cosmos would show me, of all people, a specific woman," I told him, and rolled my neck. "Then again, the fact that I didn't see her face could make what I saw be any number of women that just happen to have that specific overlap of bleeding back. Divination really is a pain in the ass." Just as I pointed that out, the many bells of the gothic towers of Welldark began ringing.

The first day and I was already about to be too late.

______________

If there was one thing that immediately had me convinced that universities were better than schools, then it was the lack of a teacher checking if I was in my seat at the start of class. Not having to deal with mandatory attendance was a dream. Dangerous for someone undisciplined, but I very much prefered making my own decisions. I was willing to stand for the consequences of my mistakes, so I demanded some freedom.

Even if there had been someone to check if we were in our seats, there would have been no seat for us to sit down in anyway. Because we were so late, every last chair had already been claimed by someone. This left us, and a whole bunch of other people, with no other choice than to keep to the stair areas. Shoulder to shoulder, we stood with other students.

Welldark wasn't known for being overcrowded, but cramming all freshmen into one room led to the same short term problem that online games experienced during launch. Somewhere around a thousand people were all gathered in the largest lecture theatre the university had to offer. With its circular structure and the slow elevation of the red-cushioned. black seats, it reminded me of an arena crossed with a cinema. A very luxurious, clean, indoor arena, with a wonderful black carpet and a starlit sky painted on the ceiling, but an arena nonetheless.

The circular area at the bottom only furthered this impression. It was much larger than any teacher could ever need to hold a presentation on, and even had a walk-around around the elevated, central ring. Stairs at every main direction of the compass allowed people to get from one to the other.

Up above hovered ten elliptical constructions. Roman letters counting from 1 to 10 were painted on their burgundy red bottom. Each was sizable enough to contain a small apartment worth of stuff. The only thing I could see for sure was a balcony attached to their fronts. I had to admit that I didn't inform myself about Welldark as much as I perhaps should have, but I could guess that they served as the watcher's position for some people that had earned themselves certain privileges.

"Why are those empty?" Arlethia asked in a whispering tone and pointed at those hovering lofts. She was either more curious or even less informed than I was. "We're packed like charcoal down here."

Luckily for both of us, she had a boyfriend who actually liked to read up on things before getting deeply involved with them. "Because none here have earned the right to use them," he whispered back and shifted a bit to look over the person in front of him. He was careful not to bump into anyone while doing so. "Those coves are reserved for the ten strongest Anomalias among the students."

"Aaaahh, okay," his girlfriend waved with her spade-tipped tail before possessively wrapping it around his nearby hand again. Given the crowd were currently crammed into, that was an understandable gesture. "I would have thought they would take a bigger interest in newcomers."

Those that currently owned the flying rooms may not have been there, but the sight of them was a silent promise regardless. Those that worked hard and were successful in their years in Welldark would be rewarded with luxury and only a limited number of people could come to earn the ultimate rewards.

I decided to finally concentrate on the speech that was being held, my eyes landing on the stadium-worthy screens, hovering below the centre of the ceiling, that showed the inside of the ring. The sole target of the camera was a man in the late stages of his forties, physically speaking. He was a truly masculine figure of towering height and build, with bull-like horns growing from the temples of his weather-tanned face. Covered by a suit, his thick muscles seemed able to tear the cloth at any moment.

Headmaster Taurus of Welldark, a person so respected in the interdimensional community that he had a star system named after him, was NOT addressing the batch of new students. His stern, human face was simply staring at the camera. I had picked the oddest moment to finally pay attention. The arena grew quiet and uncomfortable. Taurus' presence was oppressive even on top of the staircase.

Finally, the perspective switched and I looked, instead, at a person I already knew from the application website. A woman with white hair and green eyes of an almond shape. Either it was a pure coincidence or she had some Asian Earth-blood in her veins, her pointy but not long ears showing that she was some kind of half elf. Wearing a white and black maid uniform of the more traditional than sexy variety, she stood tall and disciplined. I recalled her name to be Derilea.

Her voice had the diligent yet firm tone of a woman who took service and duty seriously. I found it quite pleasant to listen too, even if my eyes were roaming over her form, wondering what she looked like under that uniform. She was a bit older, but I wouldn't mind a MILF... but I also wouldn't touch another man's woman, so there was that limitation.

I finally concentrated on what words those pretty pink lips formed. So far, it seemed I had only missed the mandatory preamble of the speech. "...Each of you will be in charge of your own schedule. What lectures, classes and practices you attend is entirely up to you," she explained. "However, by the end of your time at this university, a maximum of five years, you need to have gone through the following courses."

The screens above switched from a focus on her and the podium, to a presentation of several pictures that changed as she went down the list. They had the aesthetic of simple playing cards, the kind used in poker or other such things. A deliberate choice, no doubt.

FanFunatic
FanFunatic
462 Followers