Welsh Castle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

+++

I had a letter from my uncle congratulating me on my marriage. He added that I would now be welcome at King Rufus's court. Rufus had been told about sheltering and repairing the King's ships.

+++

Two months later I sailed in my now sound and seaworthy ship to Bristol and took another ship to London. At court I was presented to King Rufus.

"Malcolm? I understand you have given fealty to your father in law and his heir."

"Yes, Your Majesty, but only for my lands in Wales. My fealty is to you for my lands in Cornwall."

"And fealty can be complex, can't it, Malcolm?"

"Yes, your Majesty, but..."

"And you have given your fealty to your wife? That is unusual, Malcolm. I couldn't do that for any woman."

"And she has to me, Sire."

"But who's in charge?"

"She is, in Wales, and I love her for it."

"But not in Cornwall?"

"No, Sire, there? I am and you are."

I gave him a letter, in formal Latin, from Cadwallader and Edwyn, offering friendship to King Rufus.

"But not an alliance?" The King queried.

"That could be difficult for them. Welsh infighting is always possible. They wouldn't want to involve you i their problems."

"That is tactful. I appreciate your safe harbour and repair facilities, but if I were to bring an Army?"

"That could be awkward, Your Majesty."

"Then I won't. My scribes will respond, accepting their friendship, but I won't compromise them. I have enough trouble with the Welsh on my border but your castle is far away from them."

To my surprise King Rufus advanced me one step in the English nobility. I returned to Wales happy that I seemed to be back in the King's good books again.

A month later I took Blodwen by my ship to my Cornish lands so she could meet her mother in law. They got on very well even if they agreed that Malcolm needed to be organised by competent women. I had my wife and mother ordering me around. My word to King Rufus about being in charge in Cornwall were wrong. My wife was. She was surprised at how extensive my lands in Cornwall were, much larger that the small area leased from Cadwallader in Wales. My smallest Cornish caste was about three times that which we were still building in Wales.

On the first night we were back in my Welsh Castle, Blodwen tied me up as tightly as she had on our wedding night to demonstrate that I was unreservedly hers.

I am Blodwen's and she doesn't let me forget it. But I love her for it.

+++


12