We're a Wonderful Wife Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She awoke to the noise of someone bustling around the room, her clothes that she dropped in Don's laundry basket were washed and folded and sitting at the foot of the bed. She was still naked from her shower so, expecting that noise to be Don, she began to warm herself up for the reunion sex she had been dreaming about. She began to gently run her fingers over her clit and pinched a nipple as she waited for her husband to step into the room... here he comes and OH MY GOD!

A middle-aged Asian woman stepped into her line of sight! "Who the hell are you?" shrieked Lanh as she covered herself up with the mink blanket.

The woman turned to Lanh and shouted something in a foreign language, probably Korean, but it freaked out Lanh even more because it's been years since she heard a language she didn't understand. "I'm Lanh! I'm Don's wife! What are you doing in here?" she yelled in Vietnamese hoping the woman understood.

The woman said in horribly accented Vietnamese, "I'm Viet too! I'm Pham Lanh Xuan, I clean these rooms. You have a funny accent."

Lanh shocked herself when she realized that they had switched to Vietnamese, and she hadn't noticed. "I am Nguyen Huong Lanh, I was born in America, my mother's name is Pham My-Duyen Mai." Lanh reached to the headboard shelf and put on her glasses, the woman looked to be in her fifties, maybe older.

"Now I see!" said Xuan and pointed to a picture of Lanh and Don in the snow back in their teens. "It's the glasses."

Hearing the commotion Alice popped her head through the door "Is everything ok in here?"

"Yeah," called Lanh, "I may have found a relative."

"Ajumma? A relative?" Ajumma is the Korean pronoun for middle-aged woman, it's the term that the USAF members at Kunsan use to address the cleaning lady, although most don't know what it means, they think it's a form of address. A younger woman is Agashi, a middle-aged man is Ajeossi. These three pronouns are about all an airman learns of Korean on his tour at Kunsan. Mispronunciations abound with the GIs and the Korean employees of Kunsan airbase take it in stride and try to teach the young Americans a bit of the language before they return home.

"She's a Viet too, Her name is Xuan Pham, my mother is Mai Pham, we could be related." Lanh looked at Alice who was looking back at her oddly in that "maybe I should call the police" kind of oddly. "Ummm, sorry, when I get excited, I speak in Vietnamese," said a totally embarrassed Lanh who just realized that she was speaking to Alice in Vietnamese. "I used to get in trouble on MARS calls, only English is allowed."

"Don told me about that shit," chuckled Alice. Lanh repeated what she learned about Xuan, and Alice said in her best mom voice "Ok, look, it's just barely past noon and Ajumma has work to do. You grab a nap and when you wake up, come on over." Lanh didn't think she'd be able to get back to sleep but she was out like a light in minutes.

Don returned to his room after an arduous day, compounded by a couple of deadhead technicians who fucked up their work orders almost as bad as they fucked up Don's airplanes. He dropped his mail on the counter and considered if he should make a cup of coffee or have a soda before checking to see if Alice was coming along for Mongolian. He decided on a Pepsi and headed for the fridge, noticing out of the corner of his eye that his clean laundry was stacked on the foot of the bed, but the bed wasn't made. What was up with Ajumma today?

Reaching into the fridge he noticed that his bottle of wine was missing, maybe Alice had helped herself? The shower room doors have locks on both sides to ensure privacy, but like many "suite mates" Don and Alice only used the locks when using the showers or toilets, allowing the other party access to their room for necessities like snacks and booze. He was about to go ask Alice if she snagged his wine when he thought he heard Lanh's voice speaking Vietnamese in the next room. It was then that he noticed the pillows on the bed, his second pillow had a pillowcase with a stick figure girl catching the blown kisses from his stick figure boy. Stick figure Don was reunited with stick figure Lanh.

He went into the shower room and knocked on Alice's door and the door was opened by Lanh, who pushed him into the shower room and locked the door behind her. Reunions with husband and wife on Kunsan air base are incredibly rare especially in the dorms. Lanh dropped to her knees and tore open Don's uniform and attacked his cock with a savage hunger that he's never experienced.

For her part, Lanh has only had Don's cock in her mouth when it was soft once before, back when he won his first race in high school. Every other time he was always hard and ready for her whenever she wanted him, but today she caught him off guard. His soft cock was so cute! But it started responding rapidly growing hard in her mouth, and suddenly she stopped!

They kissed feverishly, her mouth hot on his, her lips swollen from her workout on his cock, then she said, "Come on, pull your pants up, you're taking Xuan and me to dinner."

"Wait, who, what?"

~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~

It was crowded at the club when they got there, Lanh had invited Xuan to come along with them as Alice had to work. The club was festooned with Christmas decorations, Christmas trees, garlands, artificial snow, ornaments of all types, and lots of Christmas lights. The Korean waitresses were dressed as Christmas elves, but none were as cute as Lanh who still dresses like an elf during the holidays. Mongolian BBQ is a favorite among GIs because of the star ingredient: meat. With Lanh explaining to Ajumma how the system works, they filled their bowls with their favorite ingredients and carried them over to the grill where the cooks grilled the food.

They sat at a six-setting table and two master sergeants joined them while Lanh chatted back and forth with Xuan and Don. One master sergeant, a shorter blond man was obviously drunk, and his buddy was enjoying the show he put on. Don introduced the tall dark haired master sergeant as Mitch, and the drunk blond as Eric.

"Wow, two hot chicks. Your wife is going to be so pissed when she finds out," slurred Eric.

"Ignore him," said Mitch as he shook Lanh's hand. Lanh returned to her conversation with Xuan. At one point the squadron's first sergeant came up to Don and spoke to him for a few moments then walked off. "What did he want, em yêu?" asked Lanh.

Don smiled and leaned over and spoke quietly, "How would you like to live in Korea for two years?"

Lanh had thought about living in Korea for a long time since Annie told her that she met her husband up in Osan. "Well, duh! We've only talked about it for ages."

"Here's the deal, I can get a follow-on assignment to Osan, but I have to extend for at least two years."

Lanh thought about it for a few moments then asked, "When do we have to decide?"

"By next Friday," replied Don.

"Hmmmm, do we have an SRB?"

Don nodded, "It's a two."

SRB stands for Selective Reenlistment Bonus a retention bonus to entice airmen to reenlist. It is their monthly salary times the number of years they reenlist for times a multiplier in this case it's two which is actually pretty good. For Don it would be his monthly salary of $2891.40 times four for the number of years he would reenlist, times the multiplier of two = $ 23,131.20. That's a fair chunk of change for a young couple.

"So, if we reenlist for six that's..." Lanh rolled her eyes skyward as she ran the numbers in her head, "Thirty-four thousand seven hundred?"

"Wow, you're dead on, thirty-four six ninety-six." Don had already run the numbers when the SRB was announced months earlier. This was a tough decision, they're both aching to go back to the farm, when they get the chance to go home, they spend every minute on the land that they love, but where else are they going to get a thirty-four thousand dollar signing bonus? As previously mentioned, compared to farming life in the air force was easy money. "Let's do this, I'm taking the rest of the week off so let's explore the local area tomorrow, then Wednesday we take the wheels up to Osan and take a look around, then we MARS call Dad and Sandy and see if they can hold the farm for another hitch."

"I need to talk to Kim-ly also, I want to see where we are," said Lanh. Kim-ly was the manager of their budget and finances. Naturally a part of their income goes to the farm, but they want to maintain a war chest for a rainy day.

"If you're going up to Osan you need to let your shop chief know," said Mitch.

"I'm on leave this week," insisted Don.

"Don't matter," said Mitch and he began waving his chop sticks around like a teacher pointing out words printed on an imaginary black board "All travel outside the local area must be approved by your manager."

"Ok," said Don in a chastised voice. He then gave Eric an elbow in the ribs which woke him up. Don snagged a shrimp out of Eric's dinner with his chopsticks and said, "I'm taking the wheels to Osan on

Wednesday," then ate the shrimp he took.

"Ok, cool," slurred Eric. "Check the price of a steelers jacket at Bobbies for me," then he started eating again.

"I'll make sure he remembers," said Mitch. Mitch was babysitting Eric who had received a "Dear John" letter from his wife of seven years a few days ago. Don sighed and nodded. Some marriages don't survive a year in the Kun, and some airmen don't survive the tour either. The suicide rate at Kunsan far exceeds any other base in the air force.

Later Don and Lanh walked back to his dorm and a light snow began falling, it was almost Christmas but there were very few lights on any of the buildings like Lanh saw at Spangdahlem and at Grand Forks. "These guys are grinches," she remarked.

"We have to be able to go to full blackout in a matter of moments. When they turn the lights off here, it's completely dark. There are more decorations downtown, Christmas is more like Valentine's Day here."

"How often do they go blackout?"

"About once a month, we just had an exercise a few days ago."

When they got back to Don's room, Don excused himself for a quick shower and hurriedly washed up and dried off, and when he got to the bed, he found Lanh fully naked and sound asleep. He shook her shoulder and she just muttered then rolled over to her other side. He had a choice, be a gentle loving husband and let her sleep, or be a horny GI and follow his throbbing cock's desires and fuck her now. Several years ago, she had told him that if he needed her and she was asleep to go ahead and "do it" just be sure to use some lube. Oh, the joys of shift work.

In the end he and his aching balls chose option B and Don gently spread her legs and began licking her pussy hoping she would respond, but she was sound asleep, the poor girl had been up traveling for over 36 hours. Her fluids did start to flow a little, or was that his saliva? He wasn't sure, but he got out the lube, lubed his throbbing cock and her pussy and eased himself into her depths.

Having been separated so long he almost forgot how good her pussy felt as his cock slid in and out of her depths. She is so beautiful when she's sleeping, he often sat up at night looking at her sleep. Her features relax and she even smiled in her sleep, and as he moved inside of her, her smile grew. Her lashes are naturally long and even closed her eyes are beautiful. He wasn't going to last long at all, and he was glad that she was missing this poor showing on his part. She never woke up, but she smiled in her sleep, and when he gurgled "I'm cumming baby," she murmured something that could have been "Cum in me."

He went and got a warm washcloth and cleaned up their fluids from himself and her. Lanh sort of woke up and whispered, "What are you doing?"

"I'm cleaning you up," he replied

"Thank you... did we have fun?"

Before he could say "I did, but I'm not sure about you," she was asleep again. Dousing the light he cuddled with her in the absolute darkness of his light-tight room. The tiny little sleeping alcove he created reminded him of the nests they would make in the hayloft back home, just lest scratchy. As he snuggled close to his wife, he asked himself for the thousandth time "What would I do without her?"

~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~

Lanh stood in front of a twelve-story tall apartment building gasping at its size, it was one of three tall structures, but this was the one they would be moving into if they took the assignment to Osan. "No lawn to cut," she muttered, she and Don both love a nice lawn. Back at the farm they practically fight to see who gets to drive the lawn tractor and manicure the lawn. Then something caught her eye, "Ewww! What is that?" she pointed to what looked like several squids hanging from a laundry line on one of the patios of the towering building. The cephalopods were cleaned of all inner organs and were hanging flattened, their tentacles where wiggling in the breeze.

"It looks like someone married a Korean," replied Don and explained to Lanh that dried squid was a favored snack in Korea and traditional minded Koreans dried it themselves rather than spending money on pre-dried squid.

"Eww," said Lanh abruptly. "No... just NO!"

Lanh's introduction to Korea began with a tour of Gunsan city yesterday, the area they saw was filled with shops that cater to the airmen of Kunsan air base, selling leather jackets, custom embroidered jackets and hats, sneakers, custom made dresses and men's suits, even wedding dresses. There were small mom and pop stores with all forms of merchandise and groceries, and most had aquariums filled with eels swimming madly about in their windows. And the bakeries! Such delicious baked goods, her favorite became a dinner roll filled with a sweet bean paste. She even found sweet beans in deserts, one looked like an ice cream sundae, but it turned out to be shaved ice covered with fruit, sweet beans, heavy cream, and whipped cream.

The sights and smells were both exotic and strangely familiar to Lanh, Vietnamese cuisine is far different from Korean, but oddly similar at the same time. She did find it exhilarating to be an Asian and not stand out in a crowd, she was just another smiling face in a sea of Asian faces. True, she was short in a country of tall Asians, but she was among her own people! That is, until they started speaking to her rapidly in Korean assuming she was Korean also, her fumbled apologies told them that she was just another American with a pocket full of dollars.

"What's the polite way of saying I don't speak Korean?" she asked Don.

"Hand them a ten-dollar bill." That earned a swat from Lanh, then he said, "Tell them you don't speak Korean in Vietnamese, there's probably more Vietnamese here than just Xuan."

She tried it the very next time a Korean shop keeper started speaking in rapid fire Korean, Lanh responded with "Tôi không nói tiếng hàn" which was "I don't speak Korean" in Vietnamese. It didn't help a lot, but she did meet two more fellow Viets as they strolled through the city. After lunch they went to a coffee shop to meet with Mr. Park and some of his students. Mr. Park is an English teacher at the local university, and he often sends his students to this coffee shop to meet and talk with Americans. Don keeps in touch with Mr. Park by talking with him on the HAM radio he carries in his pocket. Mr. Park's face brightened with he saw Lanh, and he started speaking Korean to her, so she said "Tôi không nói tiếng hàn."

Mr. Park's face brightened, and he said "Oh! Very good!" and started speaking Vietnamese with Lanh. His Vietnamese was elementary and filled with stutters, but on par with what Don could speak. As they spoke, Don sat down and spoke with some students of Mr. Park. Normally Mr. Park wouldn't come along but this was their first outing with Americans, so he came as moral support.

The first hurdle was the name, having lived with Lanh and her family for so long, Don was used to Asian pronunciations, but for obvious reasons Asians had problems with his name. In Korean there is no equivalent for V or even B, so Donavan was impossible, but Don kept coming out Dum or Dun or Dan. He wrote it out phonetically in Hongul, the Korean alphabet, which looked like a squared letter C, a sideways T followed by the letter L. The students looked at it and one said "Oh, it's Don, why didn't you say that?" It happens every time.

The next topic was always, where are you from? The coffee shop had a huge map of the US on the wall next to a map of South Korea. Don took a blue map pin and put it near Bemidji Minnesota, the students nodded and asked what the weather was like there and what he did, they were happy to find out he was a farmer. Then they asked where Lanh was from, expecting Don to put a pin on the Korean map, but he took a map pin and put it on Minneapolis. The Korean students were stunned to realize that Lanh was not Korean, but Vietnamese yet just as American as Don. In one conversation their views of America changed drastically, it never occurred to them that an Asian could be an American too.

Nightfall found Don and Lanh in a higher income area of town, an area that Americans rarely visit. The streets were broad, and the people were out in force enjoying the cool evening and the gentle snowfall. The area was covered in Christmas decorations and lights and the vendors were selling all sorts of foods from their little stalls, and fewer of them could speak English. Don and Lanh shared pieces of meat with different sauces cooked and served on wooden skewers and Lanh wondered if there were a way to incorporate these flavors into her father's menu. There were also large vats of what looked like boiled bugs and smelled like boiled dry dogfood being served, which they passed over.

The next morning the Wolfpack Wheels, a chartered bus also known as The Wheels, took them the eighty-five miles north to Osan where many Kunsan airmen did their Christmas shopping for family and friends back home. Lanh was amazed at the hundreds of rice paddies that terraced the land, land that has been planted and harvested for a hundred generations or more. Lanh saw that there were fish traps in every pond or lake they passed, even ponds so small that she would never think of trying to fish. As they traveled north, she saw little villages hidden behind ancient defensive walls, and spreading cities with their towering apartment buildings springing up like giant beehives. Don explained that in the warmer weather the Korean farmers grew vegetables wherever they could, which included the very edge of the road.

Finally, they arrived at Osan air base and stepped off base to check out the stores and shops just outside the main gate, there were easily ten times the number of shops near Kunsan. Then they returned to base and sought out the housing office. "We are considering a follow-on assignment from Kunsan and want to see what the housing is like," Don explained to the woman in the office. She handed them a map and a series of floor plans, and they walked over to look at the nearest tower.

"On-base housing for accompanied enlisted is in one of three towers here, this is the Seorakasan tower which has the smaller units," said the housing representative.

"Do we have to dry squid on the patio?" asked Lanh. "I can learn if we have to." Lanh was in a feisty mood for some reason, and she was just being a wise guy.

"Generally, our tenants prefer to barbecue out on the patio," smiled the housing representative. "How many children do you have?"

"We don't..." Lanh's voice caught; she still has problems when she tries to answer that question.

"We're trying to adopt," said Don.

1...34567...9