All Comments on 'Were in the City Ch. 12'

by freetowrite2020

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A gryphon, huh?

Had to think twice, as I'm used to the spelling "griffin." Regardless, the white feathers in the previous chapter provided a big hint at which mythical creature Helen was considering. I'm not surprised Jessie made the change by herself - she's clearly independent, strong, and unafraid. Jacob and Liam realize this as well. Am looking forward to reading where the story goes from here. I will say, however, that for a minor(ish) character, Helen is favorably growing on me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
There is a major problem

Just when it gets good it's over. Keep up the good writing.

freetowrite2020freetowrite2020about 4 years agoAuthor

Gryphon vs. Griffin

I flip-flopped quite a bit on which way to spell it, but decided that I'd use the "fancy, older option" just to make things a bit more unusual :) Even though she's not present in person, only available through the phone or email etc., Helen isn't really a minor character and will become even more significant as things move along. I liked the idea of an important character that operates from a distance, since in this modern world it is possible to never meet someone in person who you work with on a daily basis and who matters a great deal to others. Thanks, as always, for the feedback.

freetowrite2020freetowrite2020about 4 years agoAuthor

To Anonymous who thinks its over .... its not over, not by a long way, got more twists and turns yet, believe me :) Just because you know what she is now doesn't mean is over. Stay tuned for more soon!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Awesomeness!

I am loving this series! Helen's little organization reminds me of the domestic violence network or the underground railroad. I love her character. While we don't get to know her we still get to know her (lol) and I see a start to a beautiful poly relationship between Jessie and the boys. Hell I'm even enjoying the twist on twins.

SeducedbyfishSeducedbyfishover 2 years ago

"Were types don't mate or have children all that often, but if they do, the children become entirely the type of ONE of their parents. For example, a werewolf and a were-cougar might mate and have children, but each child would be either a wolf or a cougar, not a hybrid of both types. Hybrids are mythical, they are not supposed to actually happen"

Then how did a Coywolf exist? Coyote and wolf mating as they explained happened for them? So dumb.

freetowrite2020freetowrite2020over 2 years agoAuthor

You are right 'Seducedbyfish' ... I didn't explain it as well as it should have been ... a few more sentences would have clarified ... in the real world, coyotes and wolves do produce viable hybrid offspring, as sometimes can lions and tigers (ligers) - though that's rare except in zoos because they don't often meet in the wild - and there are hybrids that can have children and those that can't (e.g., a mule) etc. In my version of the supernatural world, massively cross-species hybrids (e.g., wolves and birds, wolves and cats, cats and birds) are considered mythical and hybrids that can work in the real world as possible, but rare.

emberaflameemberaflame29 days ago

I seriously need some fan art of this🥰

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfreetowrite2020@freetowrite2020
I'm curious, generally happy, love to write and finally have time to do it :) My username 'freetowrite2020' was chosen before COVID-19 showed up. Its now more wishful thinking than reality darn it! But I am determined to find time to do it. Writing is a good break from the ne...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES