Werewolves and Indians Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lionel lunged and Ja'Mal caught him. A battle ensued, man against beast. They fought, Ja'Mal, in his wolf form, leaped and knocked the creature to the ground. He went for his jugular, but Lionel was too fast, too crafty. One swipe and he sent the big black wolf sailing though the air. Ja'Mal recuperated and pounced once more. None of the wounds inflicted on this monster slowed him down. He had no idea how to stop him. Finally the Wapjanli spoke. Take his heart. It's the black mass in the center of his being. It fuels his hatred. Without it, he cannot survive.

Jamal stood strong once more. He knew what he needed. He now was focused on one part of this monster. He pounced once more biting a huge chunk of flesh from his chest. Lionel realized he was going for his heart and knew he had to kill the dog now, or he'd be killed. Lionel struck Jamal skewering his side. A deep wound, Jamal bled profusely weakening by the second.

Betty was already upset because she knew something had happened to Logan, but when Ja'Mal took a fatal blow, she felt it. Betty screamed and Kerri too felt a sharp pain where her mate was struck. Kerri knowing she was about to lose her mate fought to remain calm. It was then that Jamal sent one final order, Get them out, now The betas complied. They started moving the weaker members through the tunnels. Betty refused to go as did Kerri and Oman. "I can't lose my son and my mate," Betty cried. "I'm going out there." She rushed to forced the door open. Larry held her back as Keamon tried to reason with the distraught woman.

"He will defeat him, just have faith." Keamon assured everyone. More of the pack was lead to safety. Through the tunnels. Kerri sent to Jamal, I love you and I'm not leaving.

Her words gave him strength. He lay on the ground as Lionel stalked him and he knew what to do. He felt his mother's sorrow, his mates fear, but above all else, he felt her love.

When Lionel leaped on top of him once more he was ready. As a pup he father gave him a small dagger. He wore it at all times. For this battle, he actually grabbed it as soon as they arrived and saw the carnage. He dad would always say, you'll know when to use this." Well now it was time. As Lionel pounced, Ja'Mal shifted. The wolf could not defeat this demon, but the man would. Closing his eyes, he held his weapon out as Lionel impaled himself onto it. Not waiting a second, Ja'Mal ripped his chest open and ripped out the blackened heart. Lionel fell.

Changing back into a man, he was done and this man was the one to stop him. How could he fall to this guy. He looked up as Jamal stood over him, covered in blood, and holding his black bleeding heart in his hand. He saw the spirit of the wapjanli and he knew it was over.

He had one request. It was not the request of a egomaniac, or a killer, or even a man who was just greedy. Lionel thought for a moment. He was done and he knew he'd made a stupid choice. He should have just stopped, now he was leaving her alone, without him. He looked at Ja'Mal and made his simple request. "Find my little girl. Tell her that I loved her, despite everything I became." Then he closed his eyes. Ja'Mal hated this man and to learn he had a child gave him pause.

Ja'Mal was stunned; his reaction was priceless. Lionel had a child. His little girl would grow up without her father. Her father died at his hands. What type of monster did that make him? Would Lionel's daughter continue her father's hateful legacy? He could not find answers because at that moment, Lionel's body dispersed into dust. He was gone. Jamal ordered the betas to stop the evacuations and bring everyone back.

The demon was gone. Kerri , Betty, Oman, Isla, and Keamon rushed out to find their home covered in blood and entrails. The dead lay everywhere and Lionel was gone. Ja'Mal was covered in so much blood that Kerri screamed, thinking he was fatally wounded. Kerri ran to Jamal and as he stared off in shock. Rushing to him, her arms encircled his waist. I'm here, love. I'm here. she sent. He turned and held her. He wanted to cry, scream at the damages caused by a mad man, rally at the injustices, but he could not utter a sound.

Betty hugged her son, checked him for injuries, reassuring her self that he was still alive. Then she asked for Logan. She didn't see him. "Where is he, Ja'Mal? Where is Logan?" Betty demanded softly.

"Momma, I'm sorry, Logan was hurt. He's at the medical center." She took off before he could finish. The healers were working nonstop helping the injured wolves. Betty found Logan laying in a corner with Marcus. Betty rushed to Logan. She collapsed, as she saw that he was wrapped in bandages that still were full of blood. Patricia found Marcus at his side and she hugged him. They stitched him up, and his wounds were healing slowly.

Patricia joined them holding her new mate, as she too examined him for injuries. "Baby, You're alive. I'm so glad..." she whispered over and over again.

Ja'Mal and Kerri rushed to the center. The medics tried to check on Jamal but he insisted he was fine. He need updates on the injured wolves. Several passed on, but most would survive. He was devastated. He then went to find Logan and saw his mom sitting beside his bed crying. He flashed back to when they lost father. Mother held him inside the circle, howling mournfully as the other wolves looked on. No one tried to comfort her. She could not lose another mate. If Logan didn't survive, he'd lose his mother.

*****

Jacob sat in the court room. He didn't know what to expect, Sunnet had yet to arrive. He saw the prosecutor carrying a case. He just sat quietly in his blue and gray jumpsuit waiting. This was a bail hearing nit the actual trial. Soon, Sunnet and a new male entered. His wolf growled. Sunnet spoke with the man and they walked over and she introduced Jacob. His wolf growled. This man stood to close to her. He could tell he considered himself more than her coworker.

The man sat behind them and Chase walked in, soon the hearing began. The judge explained his rules and each person had time to present their case. Chase went first. He argued for Jacob to be held without bail. He murdered and man and injured two others.

Everyone gasped. He presented evidence from the crime scene. Jacob watched Sunnet, she was not reacting. She was calm, so he remained calm. Chase talked for the longest time. The judge called for a break and Sunnet's friend, boss, came over to speak with her. "No, I want Jacob to hear what you are suggesting." She added when he asked to speak privately.

The man agreed. "His case is weak. Their key witness was sleeping with the victim. Use that when you argue. Also, he didn't show all of the pictures. Show the bruising from Jacob being tied to a chair. And let the judge see that he was fighting for his life. Don't let Jacob speak. Wait until the trial."

Sunnet nodded. Thus guy was brilliant, and his suggestions had merit. However, Jacob needed to get home. His family needed him. When they returned, Sunnet presented her case. The judge listened stoically. She wasn't sure how he received her argument. However, Jacob was a victim in this case. When she finished, she sat. The judge didn't even dismiss for a brief deliberation period. He rendered his decision immediately. Jacob was give a bond of two hundred thousand dollars. He was to return to appear for trial in four weeks. He was not to leave the area and would be monitored until this issue was resolved.

The courtroom was silent, outside the court room several groups had gathered. They were more than vocal at the judge's ruling. In fear of some sort of retaliation, Jacob was escorted from the rear of the building back to holdings. Sunnet arranged bail and signed him out. She and her boss offered him a ride home, but he refused.

Sunnet knew why, and she also knew that Daniel would not let her take him alone. Finally, she called her father, and he had some of the tribesmen to drive him home. Jacob spoke with Chief Joe. Chief Joe knew what was going on with Lionel and he was diligently watching his people to keep them in check. He was concerned about Keamon. His old friend had gone to the den and failed to return. Jacob assured him that he'd let him know something as soon as he found out anything.

Sunnet and Daniel waited as Jacob met with the chief. Daniel was nervous. He had never met her family before and today he was meeting her father. Sunnet had no clue how he felt about her. He kept his feelings hidden, but seeing her with Jacob was s sign that he needed to make his intentions known. He knew they were connected, and if he stood a chance, he had to win her away from the big man.

Daniel was also hopelessly honest. He would not sabotage another person for his own happiness even if it meant letting go of the one woman he believed he'd ever love. But he wasn't letting go yet. He wasn't giving up without trying. Besides, he didn't become one of the top defensive lawyers in the country by quitting. Jacob and the Chief joined them and Jacob looked relieved. Soon someone came to drive him home and Chief Joe had a chance to talk to his daughter and her boss. The Chief was concerned. This man was in love with Sunnet, but she belonged to Jacob. When she realized that Jacob was her mate, he prayed that this man would not become a serious issue.

*****

Jacob talked with the men that drove him home. Both men told him they were glad he was out and that they would help him in any way that they could. Soon they approached the den. All three men noticed that the gate had been destroyed. Not willing to leave Jacob on his own, the men parked the car and followed him inside. The sight that greeted them was the source of nightmares. Bodies were all over the place. The forest held the stench of death, and the ground flowed red. Marcus, Ja'Mal, Logan! Jacob yelled mentally fearing the worse. No answer and he took off to Marcus's home.

Jacob we are at the medical center. Kerri answered. Ja'Mal was still in shock and Marcus was with Logan. She had to take control. Kerri looked around and saw a few women mulling about.

Not sure if they would be offended at her ordering them but no longer caring at this point she ordered two thetas. "Go meet Jacob, bring him here."

"Yes Madam Alpha," the she wolf replied and left to do her bidding. The others heard her and quickly took up new post helping the injured. Soon Jacob along with two more members of the pack arrived. The men immediately went to work helping in any capacity that they could. Joining Oman and Isla, they helped create bed for the injured. Jacob saw Keamon sitting and talking with some of the younger wolves instructing them on how to help the injured. Jacob took a moment and asked him to contact the chief because he was worried.

He then had to see Logan. Seeing the injured almost broke him, and he immediately blamed himself for distracting their leaders and getting his pack members killed. Jacob, enough. This is not your fault or mine. It's Lionel's. He started this and sadly we lost many to stop him. Had you been here, you could have been injured too. I need you. I need help. Ja'Mal is in shock as is Marcus, and I can't do this alone. I can't ... do this alone. Kerri sent, snapping Jacob back to reality.

OK, I'm here. What do you need me to do? he asked.

Ja'Mal took a breath as Jacob walked into the community center, "Jacob, You're out. Thank goodness. " He greeted and hugged him. Jacob returned his hug and then Ja'Mal explained briefly what was going on.

Lionel attacked the den and the wolves fought him off. In the fight several family members were seriously injured. They lost so many. Ja'Mal was devastated and he had no idea what to do next. Jacob needed to see Logan. Jamal walked him over to where the seriously injured were being monitored. He walked in and Marcus greeted him immediately. Betty never left Logan's side, nor did she even acknowledge him. Jacob moved to his friend's bed and spoke softly. "Logan, you have to get better man. I will be right here. Wake up man. Come back to us." He pleaded softly.

Ja'Mal stepped out of the room. He could not stand to see his mother so despondent. After a few minutes, he reentered the room and by now he had regained his equilibrium. "Jacob, Lionel is dead. He is no longer a threat. We have to rebuild our home and I need to address our people. Kerri walked over to her mate and their friend. Hugging Ja'Mal closely she shared her strength. The next few hours would be hard. Jamal went out and started removing the bodies of the fallen. Several betas built a pyre to burn the bodies and Ja'Mal was the first one to carry the fallen. He didn't demand help. He didn't call for any others to join him. The wolves stood silently watching this young man that was their alpha. They waited for him to give orders, but he never did. Soon the wolves that weren't injured joined him. He began loading the pyre. Kerri worked alongside her mate. Marcus and Betty stayed with Logan.

Patricia wanted to stay with her mate, but the needs of the pack overrode her desire. She went into the kitchen with the other omegas and they made sandwiches and tea. Her heart broke for her mate as she felt his distress through their bond. Soon, one of the older women stopped her. "Patricia, go be with Marcus. He needs you. We can take care of the pack, for now take care of your mate." she suggested.

Nodding, Patricia returned to the community center. Marcus was sitting, silently crying. She entered and crawled on the small sofa he sat on. He wrapped his arms around her immediately. "I should have gotten here sooner. He had fought that bastard for too long and was tired. Had I been here, maybe..." he stopped, and Patricia held him as he sobbed. She was hurting just as badly, but she could not take away his pain.

Ja'Mal returned to Marcus' home and Larry, Keamon, Isla, and Oman were waiting for him there. Larry hugged his daughter and his new son-in-law. The fact that Ja'Mal didn't pull away was a testament to how much that young man was hurting. "Some of the pack members brought sandwiches. You guys eat something." Isla suggested. Kerri thanked her best friend and guided Ja'Mal into the small dining area.

"Baby, eat something." She pleaded. He just looked at her. She was so beautiful, so wonderful, and now she was safe. He smiled and for the first time he thanked Luna that this nightmare was over.

"Kerri, so many died. I should have stopped him sooner. Why didn't I just go after him? So many Kerri, what can I say to them?" Ja'Mal questioned, then the tears came. Larry knew the young couple needed time, so he directed everyone back to the front of the house to give them time.

Her heart broke for him, and she had to hold her mate. "Ja'Mal,, he left you no choice. You stopped him and that counts for something. We will talk to our people and we will stand strong before them. I will be right there. You did the best you could do. No one could have done more Ja'Mal."

Ja'Mal held his mate and cried. He cried for the injured, the bereaved, and the survivors. He grieved for his mother and his friends. He grieved for the pain his pack endured this night. Soon there were no more tears. And Kerri stayed with him, holding him. Marcus and Patricia returned home. Keamon waited and he knew the wolves needed time alone. So he and his grandchildren bid Marcus and Patricia fare well and rode back home with the two men that gave Jacob a ride home. Marcus went into his man-cave and took Patricia with him. She was the first and only woman to ever enter his sanctuary.

He pulled her into his arms and held her close. They could lose Logan, and he didn't know how he'd deal if the worse happened. Patricia's heart broke but she held her mate close, showering him with love. She was determined to show him that he was no longer alone. She was there. He kissed her. "Baby, I need." He whispered. He needed to say no more. Patricia needed to take care of him now. She took the initiative and showered him with love. She removed his bloodstained shirts; tossing them to the side. Unfastening his slacks she removed those soiled items, quickly tossing them on the pile with his ruined shirts.

He stood before her naked exposed and glorious. Blood from his wounds and the others tainted his skin. In the man cave he had a small shower, Patricia helped him inside joining him as she washed his skin clean. She was fully clothed and it didn't matter to her that her clothing was soaked. She could change later. Right now she had to take care of Marcus. She loved the contours and hardness of his body. Her mate was amazing. She took her time soaping and cleaning him completely. Making sure he was clean from the top of his head to the soul of his feet.

Soon they exited the shower and she dried him. It was then she noticed the small bed and she had him to lay down. He wanted her to join him but she wasn't dry, so she quickly shed her wet clothing and lay beside him. He held her so tight, so close, as she whispered words reaffirming him of her love. Soon, Marcus dozed and Patricia held him and watched him as he slept.

Jacob burned the bodies of the dead. After failing to help protect the den, he felt the least he could do was give the dead a proper send off. He sat beside the pyre, tears streaming down his face as he said a final goodbye to his fallen brothers and sisters. He vowed to take care of their families and make sure their memories lived on.

*****

At her father's home, Sunnet sat with her father and her boss Daniel. Her boss watched her carefully. There was so much he wanted to say, but was afraid of being rejected. He knew she was worried about her friend and client. The case seemed open and shut, but he knew that anything could happen. They had four weeks to build a defense and then she would go back home with him. He had four weeks to convince this woman that she belonged with him.

Chief Joe watched Daniel and Sunnet. It was obvious that the young man was falling for her. He prayed the fates intervened, and had someone else in mind for the young man. As they ate, someone knocked. Sunnet answered and was so happy to see Keamon and his grand children.

"Welcome Keamon, Oman, Isla, please come in." She turned and called her father. "Father, Keamon is here." Joe entered the room followed by Daniel. He was glad to see his tribe member back home and unharmed. The two older men shared a look, and Sunnet knew they needed privacy. She immediately turned to Oman and Isla. "Come, you two must be thirsty. Daniel, this is Oman and Isla. Guys, this is my boss, Daniel Harris. Come on. Let's get a drink." Everyone followed her into the den. Daniel wasn't thirsty, so he declined.

Sunnet poured Oman and Isla a glass of tea. The four sat and talked. Sunnet wanted to ask about the pack, and what was going on, but she could not ask in Daniel's presence. So she asked about Jacob and Oman told her he was glad to be back home. The group made small talk until grandfather and father entered the room. Keamon and his grandchildren left, with him hugging Sunnet and admonishing her for not visiting home sooner. Daniel, ever observant, knew something was going on with these people, but it was a private matter.

That night, he had Sunnet accompany him to a local hotel and secured a room., He had to ask. "Sunnet, how long have we known each other?"

Sunnet frowned, "A few years, why?" she asked.

"You're keeping something from me. It involves that man, Jacob. I asked if was he more than a friend and you said he was just a friend. I want to believe you, but something is there." He exhaled. "I came here because I needed to see if..., but something else is going on here isn't there?"