All Comments on 'We've Got Tonight'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHO NEEDS TOMORROW

when it was meant to be. TK U MLJ LV NV

donaldedonaldeover 12 years ago

great story can not wait for your next offfering

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Nice story

But, there needed to be some transition filler when Tom told her that Stella divorced him. The hurt is implied, but I failed to understand why Tom thought Rebecca would not want him as a love interest over a failed marriage, which from the narrative was not his fault. Why does that make him a poor candidate for romance? Now if he had said that he had been unable to form a meaningful relationship with any woman since Stella dumped on him and he was worried that he would do the same to Rebecca, that would have stirred the plot a bit. It would then have been up to Rebecca to prove to him that he just hadn't met the right woman and move on from there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
No spark

You tell a story, even quite well (though the shifting between first and third person was sloppy), but nothing really happened, no spark between the characters, no tension, It's like brushing your teeth, sorry. I kept waiting for something to happen, but it didn't Next time try to think of a bit more passion and action.

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
I'm not sure how I feel about this one, but...

I like you. I gave it 5 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Read

Have always liked your stories and your writing style. This was a good short read. I wish there were more authors and stories like this on this site. More Please?

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Sweet Shorty

A fine addition to your repertoire!

Thank you!

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Nicely Spun

Woodie always makes a feel good with his stories.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966almost 12 years ago
2nd time reading

I enjoyed this story and just love the Seger references. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

NellaBarely2NellaBarely2almost 12 years ago
short, and still compete ... somewhat!

Five stars the first time I read it; and it still deserves top honors again. I can imagine the Romance theme doesn't draw as much attention as a Loving Wife story, but I'm proud to say this tale reads with more feeling from the 'winners' pride than the loser's pitfalls. I like the positive twist to sad beginning ... as life should be viewed. There's little value shaming someone who made a mistake along the way.

You proved again, and again, that a warm caring story doesn't have to include spread legs to be admired by readers. "I'll be back!" Again and Again.

EAPoeEAPoealmost 11 years ago
Where did the cigar come from?

He was a nonsmoker, so did he carry a cigar around in case he told someone about Stella? Dramatic gestures are nice, but they should be consistent with the story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Good answer -

Damn good answer -

Stella still had not figured it out - or so it appears - she was lonely, knew him and that he was safe and she could probably get him so she tried. No strings no commitment just a second thought and why not.

He was a good man - she was right originally she should have cared about her marriage it did say volumes and he is better off.

Nicely told - could have been longer and fleshed out but was fine as is.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
okay, so why.....?

So his (first) marriage failed.

It happens.........a lot.

So why would he jump from that to the idea of Rebecca not wanting to be with him?

That needed expanded on for it to make sense as a part of the story.

Almost anyone most adults would start a relationship with have people in their past.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

again a very good story but to short.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

flarebel2327flarebel2327about 8 years ago
looking back

I had 2 wives like Stella & would not give either one the time of day now for all most the same reason

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
What not to like

This was a realistic story with realistic characters. I found it to be and entertaining tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
why the shift from first person to third?

It's jarring, and as far as I can see serves no purpose. If you think the ending needs to be third person, start out that way. Nothing earlier requires first person.

"Cohabited" not "co-habituated."

"They found that the only change in their relationship was they didn't have to run back and forth between the two apartments." But she'd just said they weren't having sex; isn't that a pretty big change?

And scene transitions are kind of jerky.

I mention these things because it's such a good story that it's a pity to have little problems like these. Good job.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WHATS THE PRIZE FOR GETTING RID OF A DISEASE

the 2nd time. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Uh...

Why did he think the story of his marriage to Stella would make Rebecca want to leave? It was pretty damned boring and didn't reflect badly on him at all unless you consider him quitting and leaving town to get away from the memories wimpy. He made it seem like he had some deep, dramatic secret that would make her hate him. Silly, needless build up.

cybojicybojiabout 3 years ago

Why do women give up on great guys and shit all over them and come back later after the realize they made a huge mistake? it happens alot. This story hits close to home. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I have read your complete listing and thoroughly enjoyed all of them. I read for enjoyment

Thanks for the pleasure I had. Just a pity there are people who insist in tearing things apart. Maybe this is how they get their enjoyment. To quote; "Life goes on".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2297 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

story TAGS