All Comments on 'What a Fool'

by Rhein1

Sort by:
  • 244 Comments (Page 3)
DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
3 main groups

The interesing part Devon listed 3 main sexual minority groups who likes to be unwilling cuckhold. In the LW hub this list would be interesting.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Funny

Funny and interesting story. I agree otheres why he does not try 50-50% split in the divorce? Th talk of Devon and the soon to be exhusband was funny, because he was civil.

zed0zed0almost 12 years ago
Not Bad For A Wimp!

I can't believe he left her with anything and was actually civil to her and her lover.

What a wimp!

She disrespected him so much that she threw it in his face, and it still works out great for her. Hubby leaves her everything and slinks off with his tale between his legs. I'm surprised he didn't stay for the cream pie.

I know, I know, It's only a story, but it is a sad statement on how you bitch writers perceive men.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
After reading some of your stories,

I see a theme. I am going to read your other stories to see if there is any departure from that theme. If you do, I will sing you praises in the comment.

You see...

In this story, you have the protagonist not suffer the wife's foolishness, but I see the wider reason why ANY of your male leads loses the attention of the wife.

It is because, when he is required to stand up and 'be a man', the men all fail. So this must be the case in their general relationships as well, because when the time comes that consequences should really be a worry, all your female leads just ignore the possibility that they can't just have whatever the fuck they want.

I am glad you at least gave this character the balls to say, "Right, you've set the path, woman, and it is now over, without chance of reconciliation." and he did not suffer any sloppy seconds, but the fact that he gave her the savings, the house, and freedom? Christ, that means the only consequence to her, is that she no longer has him in her life. Well, it would be obvious to any clear thinking person, that the only pain that would give her, is the same pain experienced by a spoilt child who screams when you won't buy it a toy. But she won't be screaming in her tantrum for long, because all she will do is put on her garter belt and fuck someone else's brains out... then wake up the next day to sip a lil champaigne bought with the money that hubby left behind.

And Devon was an absolute prick, no matter how much you paint him as an insightful gentleman. He is still a predator, and takes her out knowing full well that he is using her despite the fact that he knows she is going to suffer greatly for it. So in other words, he knows she's about to get her wake-up call, and doesn't care as long as he gets to blow his load in her. He feels nothing for his victim other than that he likes the look of the piece of meat.

Despicable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
closure PLEASE!!

Great story, really does need a sequel!!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 12 years ago
A touch of realism in the form of...

...his asking her why she needed to be wanted by someone other than her husband, as Harry alluded to would have been nice. I don't know too many wives that care what men other than their husbands think of them. But most of them have husbands that rise above the hoi polloi, with better taste.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
The majority

Has spoken, to many loose ends. It needs a followup.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
what a stupid cunt

but don't add a thing to this story - leave it alone - right here. it is perfect. you can only fuck it up with bullshit about why she did it and why he should forgive her. just perfect as it is. the mona lisa would not be enhanced by one more brush stroke anyone place on it and neither will this. gave u a 5 NOW LEAVE IT LIE RIGHT WHERE IT IS!

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 12 years ago
It was like you said...

She heard what she wanted to hear, and she didn't actually listen to his heart. She lost him, even before he admitted that she was going to do exactly what she wanted to do. She should have noticed the cuts in the ring, but she didn't. He is better moving on. Thank You.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 12 years ago

Cpete was right, she did offer a night with another woman. I must've overlooked that.

The more I read about that Devon guy, the more it creeps me out that hubby "could've really liked this guy under different circumstances".

Basically this guy wants married sluts. His explanation says it all.

"and unfortunately so many women will move in on you just to get a slice of your fortune. Married women don't do that as they already have someone waiting for them at home. Another plus is that they make no demands; they are always willing to put out and they don't complain about it later."

"No, I don't need a gold digging woman when these married girls are so willing to satisfy my needs for companionship, romance and sex."

THAT is a likeable guy? What the hell?

It's pretty nasty to read how utterly excited and horny Karla is throughout all of this, with the expectations of her cheating. She's practically giddy with excitement, without giving ANY thought to how it would be seen by her husband. She's laughing, dresses "like a million dollars", and snogs Devon FIRST, right in front of her husband.

Instead of trying at least a LITTLE tact, or trying to reassure hubby, she thinks her cheating is the best thing since sliced bread.

Leaving slut wife the house and money was rewarding her, indeed.

Anyway, I agree with the others that there should've been an epilogue. This pretty much screams for revenge. Devon got off scotfree, no hubby with a shotgun to worry about, and the cheating wife rewarded with the house, their money, and a nice new job. Not to mention a regular lover. It's just rather unsatisfying for it to end like that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
No Winner

She may have gained some material things, but the depth of her loss when she realizes what she did will slam her hard. A second chapter would also show that she will not be happy for long with lover boy. Please consider that extra work because so many of your readers were so impressed with your work that they have asked for it.

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
Excellent Story

The wife did not listen to what her husband was saying and did not realize that scheduling the event was the end. The husband did not even consider Devon's

offer to not take her out if he objected because it is her actions that destroyed the marriage. No need to follow on..

Rocketman120Rocketman120almost 12 years ago
Great read... But?

As others have stated I too would like to see the emotional drama play out with the wife when she realizes what she has done. As for the house and money issue that all the others complain about, I thought that was where Tom's character became a bit weak. But I can understand that he just wanted to cut the ties with as little difficulty and so that the court would not rape him with alimony. Alimony is the courts way of keeping the two people tied together.

Overall I did feel the turmoil and emotion of the story and gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
close the loose ends

good beginning.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 12 years ago
A really sad story

I think as he had wished, that he should have had Karla see a therapist and figure out what her problem is before letting her end their marriage.

I can see how he felt and thought that he was a better man than I could be, when he me with Devon and kept from doing him harm.

Alienation of affection law suite would be proper along with the divorce proceedings towards his wife would take some of the bite out of her cheating.

A very interesting story, and even though there were no sexual content or graphic sex in the story, there were some very strong sexual overtones that made the read very exciting.

Thanks for the well written story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Dont reunite them, have the fucking slut get AIDS from the bastard and die a slow lonely painful death

cpetecpetealmost 12 years ago
Moorrreee

Most posters have stated this could use a 2nd chapter. That observation by so many means you left us hanging for more. I also wish for a 2nd installment to tie up the loose ends.

To the posters who claimed hubby should have threathen to sleep with other ladies. Early in the tale the wife offered a "free night" with a lady if hubby was to give her a "free night" with the boys.

Giving the cheating spouse the house and money was a tough sell. However I can see the author doing this so hubby is free of any entanglements. Still most posters seem to think this rewards the cheater. In the end she has a house, funds, a new job + a rich fuck buddy. Not quite a punishment we were hoping for.

A follow-up could put the proper "spin" on the events .

A fine read overall

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Unfinished

but I suppose it is predictable unless you intend to reunite them. And they say men's brains are in their crotches.

DONYMARINADONYMARINAalmost 12 years ago
Consequences

I really wished you had told about the consequences of her actions and how she dealt with them. Somehow the story has not ended.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
as was said earlier, this needs a follow up.

besides, I'm rather curious as to what kind of dramatics his soon to be ex-wife will go through once she finds out that her husband dumped her ass.

so far, so good.

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Thanks

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
2

I gave it a 2. Story has promise but you need to finish it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
huge plots holes ruin it.. really. maybe if there is 2nd chapter

there are soooooo many massive plot holes here that are unexplained that it kind of ruins the story.

Tom and Karla appear to be in their 40s... are there Kids? are there parents of Tom and Karla? I winder what they would think of Karla's actions?

if they exist why doesnt Tom contact them?

WHY does he leave her the home and Money?

How comes he never says " hey there are lot of women I want to fuck at least 1 time".... ? Sure Tom may be too moral and have too much integrity to DO that but he never even attempts to say something like that?

When Devon offers to call it off if Tom says so...Tom says nothing. It appears from the story that the reason is that if Tom gets devon to call the fuck session off ... then the cunt whore wife will just go behind his back. If that is the case TOM should say state as much.

If TOM is really thinking that way.... then WHY kiss her good bye?

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 12 years ago
A quality read ( for the most part ) !

"Drive for show- putt for dough" is one of golf's pithiest maxims. Well the narrator completely missed 'the whole' by materially rewarding ' the ho ' for her sanctioned infidelity. The set-up was masterful. The author has a real knack for making us feel his narrator's pain.

In these economically stressed times: the ending that left the accrued marital assets to the cheater was too far a stretch for this reader. Regardless, I thank the author for a absorbing journey & must ask forgiveness because his ending has utterly been rewritten in my mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Nicely done

Please give a follow up. Both sides would be cool

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
MORE

I would say that this story is not finished, not by a long shot

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
What a wimp.

1*

harbormaster1harbormaster1almost 12 years ago
Solid Story

I am glad you did not put in Loving Wives catagory...here it got a good read and honest reviews

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
He leaves the silly tramp

Which is fine but he leaves her with the house and all the money! Who on earth would do that?

Apart from that stupid plot point I enjoyed the story which is probably the first of your stories that I've actually liked so that's good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Good story

One glaring thing missing is the wife's reaction to the abrupt end of her marriage. The atuthor implied that she had gradually fallen out of love with her husband as she chased illict sex. If I were the husband I would have recorded the conversation with her one night stand and left a copy of the recording for the wife by the ring. Her fuck toy had lied to her or she had lied to her husband that this was only a one night stand.

The story would have been much better if it had a epilog that recounted thw wife returning to the dead marriage and then her feelings about what she had done and her feelings about her future being divorced.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Actually a pretty good story and I liked the attitude he showed to Devon, the seducer of his idiot wife. I don't know that I could have done what he did, but when his wife tearfully tells good ole Devon what she found when she finally got home, he will be able to say to her, "why are you surprised". He can explain that it was obvious what was going to happen, but you weren't listening to what your now ex husband was telling you.

The story really needs a sequel, where Karla confronts him some time later and tells him it was only sex, etc, etc. and he bluntly tells her to fuck off. Or, since this is in non erotic category, a sequel where he finds another woman and is happy. Maybe he and his new wife run into Karla and she realizes how dumb her actions were? These stories seem to need a little more pain and suffering that just leaving a note and a wedding ring cut off.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 12 years ago

First off, it was an interesting read.

I do not believe that Devon is such a nice guy. Wealthy and on his guard for golddiggers, yes, but actively pursuing married women? And he just wants sex from them, not love? Why doesn't he hire hookers? Even with his fortune, he's a cheapskate. What he does ruins marriages of others, and he pretends his nose is bleeding. And for what? To get off. No, he's a wealthy predator.

Karla is an utter idiot, with the IQ of a goldfish. Enough said.

I know that with the way Tom is written, his character, morals and values, he'd never do this, but once, I'd like to read a story where a wife wants to fuck other men with her husband's permission, and hubby suddenly starts thinking out loud about all the women HE then wants to screw. What's good for the goose....Wife doesn't want that ofcourse, but every argument SHE makes for wanting to sleep with other men, HE could make as well for wanting to sleep with other women...

Ofcourse, it could go either way, dramatic, or humorous.

Anyway, nice read.

Oliver1959Oliver1959almost 12 years ago
Need Follow up

Great story enjoyed it but you really need a follow up on what happens to both of them after. Keep up the good work.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 12 years ago
Well Done

Good character development for a short story. You write well and thank you for your hard work.

As others have said, I would like to see a follow up. Not so much for revenge but to show the effects on him and his wife.

Thanks again

Woodmanone

adgeonadgeonalmost 12 years ago
The ship has already sailed

I think Devon already knows that even if he canceled the date, it wouldn't change Tom's decision to leave her. And that last kiss sealed the fate of their marriage. The ending was perfect IMO, so no need for chapter two that will ruin the story with all that revenge stuff. If I wanted a revenge story, I'd look for other authors. Thanks again for a fine read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
What happened next?

dont really care. she went with her guts, he went with his.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Does need a followup.

Very good chapter, but definitely does need a followup. Is she surprised with the result of her life choices? How do they fair in the future? Story is left hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

This needs a follow up chapter, it feels unfinished to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A good story

I enjoyed reading it, it flowed, it held my attention and was disappointed when it finished. I hope that one day you will continue this story.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
NOW AND THEN THERE IS A FOOL SUCH AS I

now if fooling was a game. Tag your it, TK U MLJ LV NV

TNDRIVERTNDRIVERalmost 12 years ago
good story

But without a doubt I'd at the least cleaned the savings account(s) out prior to leaving, and as for divorce let her get it on abandonment, not giving a judge the chance to rape me in court. I've got a cold streak that freak my spouse if she ever saw it, it is sort of the persona that I developed to handle combat in the first gulf war, and through it have used it to go from thinking was in love to hate when a prior relationship ended badly before ever met my wife, this scenario if it were to play out in my life I'd probably treat it just the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Left her the house and money?

your kidding right?

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 12 years ago
Endings are difficult

This was pretty well-written. But the ending was somewhat abrupt. Devon hinted that he did not get off on wrecking marriages or humiliating the husbands. Not such a bad guy, maybe. Yet he didn't call it off when he met hubby and realized what was about to transpire. And Tom, who firmly told her "No!" the first time . . . Why didn't he tell her he would divorce her if she did this? A chapter 2 would be nice but is not necessary. I meant to give 4 stars for this but the third star lit up -- computers are as fickle as, well, as some women! Thanks for writing.

nakdsubnakdsubalmost 12 years ago
Do we get...

A chapter two?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous