What a Nice Surprise

Story Info
James is happy to get to know all of Helen.
6.6k words
4.73
9.7k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What a Nice Surprise

If you are looking for a vanilla-type story, that is great. I enjoy those. Hell- I write those. However, my sweet friend suggested that I write something completely made up. Something that pushes not only my writing but my fantasy boundaries. So...this is for him!

Did you know that more books have been written about Abraham Lincoln than any other historical figure with the exception of Jesus Christ? Yep. It's true. The world is obsessed with this historical icon, and I am one of those nerds. Luckily for me, my nerdiness has led me down life's path- not only professionally but personally.

My book on Lincoln's private life was doing quite well, and I had been asked to present at various functions in Springfield, Illinois, in honor of the President's birthday, which, of course, I kindly accepted. For the last decade I had been a history professor at the University of Maryland specializing in Civil War history. I was more than excited to take the sabbatical and travel the country discussing my passion and profession.

I arrived at the hotel late Sunday night. After a long day's travel I was tired. Being a single man in his mid-fifties, I was able to plop down into bed, channel surf, and fall asleep with the glow of the TV in the background. I awoke at my normal 4 AM on Monday morning. I headed down to the pool to do my morning swim. While most of the world preferred to sleep in, I was up and ready to conquer the day. My ex-wife hated my drive. I always said, "If you're not moving, you're dying." Well eventually, she got tired of my constant movement and decided to move herself out. She took the dogs too. (I probably should not admit that I was more sad to lose the dogs than her).

After my workout, I came back up to the room and got ready for the day. I am a tall man standing at nearly six feet four inches. I would say I look fifty-ish. I have dark wavy hair, which of course is now salt and pepper colored. My goatee-sadly- has more gray than dark brown. I do have those cliche professor glasses-as my students call them. You know the ones- the dark frames that look more marble than plastic. This is where the professor cliche ends. I do not wear tweed jackets with elbow patches, nor do I smoke a pipe.

Anyways...winter in Illinois can be quite cold, so I dressed accordingly. I put on my black slacks, a black and white checkered button up shirt, and a sweater. Typically, I am not a fan of sweaters, but it was cold that time of year. I needed it. The collar of my checkered shirt contrasted nicely with my dark gray sweater. I am not a conceited man, but I do want to look presentable. I grabbed my computer bag and headed downstairs. I still had several hours before my first presentation, and I wanted to review my notes. I grabbed a cup of coffee and some fruit and fired up my computer.

As the morning progressed, the hotel lobby began to fill up. I do not have children of my own, but I enjoy watching families come and go with their youngsters. Moms held the hands of their toddlers while trying to get them bowls of cereal. For a Monday morning, I could not believe how busy the hotel was. I would think more people would travel during the summer months, but I was wrong.

I continued to bounce from the computer screen to people watching, and that was when I noticed her. She was tall with broad shoulders and a very perky chest. (I am a man...what can I say? I enjoy a nice pair...) Her hair was dark brown and hung straight to the middle of her back. She was not what you would call sexy, but she looked classy in her white blouse and navy blue pinstripe pants. She walked so gracefully for a woman in heels. The hotel lobby had become packed, and I could tell that she was looking for a place to sit down.

I stood up and said, "Excuse me, ma'am..." She turned her head and looked at me. Her brilliant, white smile lit up the room. "Were you hoping to have breakfast down here?"

"Well...yes...I was, but it seems that I have arrived a bit too late." Her voice was a bit deeper than the typical woman, but it was smooth. Elegant. Almost like a nice bourbon...a little strong at first but has a nice, warm afterglow.

"You are more than welcome to sit here. I can just clean up my mess, close up my computer, and the table is all yours." I made a gesture towards the table.

"Oh thank you, but please. There is no need for you to get up. It looks like you are working. I will just have a cup of coffee and some fruit. Then you can get back to your work. Do you mind if I set my things down?" She was carrying a soft leather bag that looked to be a laptop case.

I nodded my head towards her bag and said, "Well it looks like you have plenty of work to do yourself. I'll be happy to watch your personal effects while you grab some breakfast." She placed her satchel down and disappeared into the kitchenette. I will freely admit that I checked out her ass as she walked away. Her trousers were tight enough that I could tell her booty was muscular, and it had just enough roundness to it. I did not notice a panty line. I felt a slight tingle in my boxer briefs. I quickly got my mind out of the gutter- as they say- and put on a respectable face when returned to my table.

After she sat down, I extended my hand. "I'm James."

She returned the handshake with a firm grip, which I appreciated. "I'm Helen. It's nice to meet you James. Do your friends call you Jim?"

"Nope. Just James. Do your friends call you Lina?" She looked at me for a moment with a quizzical look, not sure how to answer. Apparently my joke fell flat. "I'm kidding. I was going to ask if your friends call you Hel, but I thought that would be rude. I've been told- mostly by my students- that my jokes are pretty weak. I apologize." I felt relief when she laughed.

"Oh no worries about that. I can always appreciate a lame joke. I will admit mine are not much better. So, you're a teacher? I find that admirable."

"Professor. I'm currently on sabbatical. I'm in the city today giving a presentation. Today and tomorrow."

Her face lit up, and she set her coffee cup down. "What a coincidence. I'm here this week to listen to a presentation. Are you by chance presenting on Lincoln? I mean we are in the land of Lincoln."

Her smile once again sent tingles to my groin. "Actually, yes. Today I'm giving a presentation on his personal life and what the war did to his health. The poor man could make no one happy, and yet he was revered." I shook my head and sighed. "Look at me." I returned the smile back. "I could go on and on about the man. I don't want to spoil the ending." I was trying to flirt, but let's be real. I was a middle aged man talking about President LIncoln- not quite what you would call an "A Game."

"I can't wait to hear about it. Are you a part of the symposium tomorrow and the round discussion??"

"Sure am. What brings you to the city? Are you just an avid learner? Work?"

"Well...I am currently working on my doctorate. I am attempting to encapsulate how we assess Presidents..." She continued to tell me about her area of focus and her hopes of what she may take away from the different seminars. As she talked, I watched her place the juicy fruit into her mouth. While I was enjoying our chat about Lincoln and history, I could not take my eyes off her lucious, full lips. She wore light makeup, and her skin was creamy white. We continued to talk until I had to leave for the museum.

"I hate to end this," I said as I looked at my watch, "but I have to get going. I am sure that I will see you at some point today if you will be at the symposium." I extended my hand once again to shake her hand. "Well Helen, it was truly my pleasure talking with you this morning."

Her soft, warm hand shook mine. "It was lovely meeting you, James. I hope to see you over the course of the next few days." I departed the hotel hoping that she was right.

When I got to the museum, the curator directed me to a conference room. As I was setting up my presentation, people began to mingle and fill the room. A few Lincolnites who I knew throughout the academic arena came up to bid me hello. I caught up with some colleagues as the final observers filed into the room. Once everyone was settled, I noticed in the first row was Helen. I made eye contact with her and smiled. She returned the acknowledgement with a slight nod, and her gorgeous lips formed a gorgeous smile. I thought to myself, "James...this is no time to pop a chubby. Focus. Keep the pecker in the pocket." And I did just that.

The professor came out in me, and I engaged with the audience asking them questions and making my presentation not a lecture but a story filled with drama, action, and of course emotions. My presentation was well received, and I received a standing ovation with a strong applause. For another thirty minutes or so I took questions from the audience. Everyone had cleared out of the conference room with the exception of a few others who were busy talking. However, Helen remained. I made my way over to see her.

"Well isn't this a nice surprise," I said as I approached her. When she stood, I realized just how tall she was. Her sexy high heels added a few inches, which made her damn near eye to eye with me. I asked her, "What did you think of the presentation?"

"It was wonderful, James. Truly wonderful. I imagine that you are quite famous at your university. You didn't pontificate, which I find so many do. You are a true story teller. You did Lincoln proud." Helen and I continued to talk with ease. Eventually, the next presenter came into the conference room, which meant that Helen and I had to stop our conversation. "I hope that I am not coming across too bold, James, but would you like to have dinner tonight? We could continue this discussion over a nice glass of wine or a slice of pizza. Whatever you prefer. Of course, I am strictly asking from one professional to another." She then placed her hand on my forearm. "I truly do find you so fascinating." It had been years since someone touched me, and I could feel the chubby growing.

"That would be wonderful, Helen. How about we meet down in the lobby around seven?"

"That is perfect," she said with a hint of excitement. We bid each other farewell. I continued my first day at the symposium talking to colleagues and other historians. Around five I headed back to my hotel room. I wanted to shower and relax a bit before dinner. When I got back to my room, I quickly undressed and hopped in the shower. The hot water felt good on my old muscles. When I got out of the shower, I dried off and looked at my naked body in the mirror. There was some age. I had strong arms, shoulders, and legs from my daily swimming; but there was some gray sprinkled into my chest hair. I had a slight beer gut even though I didn't drink beer. I wasn't sure how old Helen was, but she had to be at least ten years my junior. I knew this was just a platonic dinner date, but I still wanted to come across as desirable.

Before getting dressed, I laid down on the hotel bed. I know people get all weird about being naked on a hotel comforter, but I didn't really care. As I stared up at the ceiling thinking about Helen's shapely ass and full lips, I could feel my erection grow. Thankfully, James Jr. did not appear to act his age. As I imagined what it would feel like to kiss her pouty lips, I found myself rubbing my manhood. I rubbed my balls and then moved to my head. As the blood began to increase the rigidness, my rubbing turned more into stroking. With time to kill, I thought it would be better to curb my horniness opposed to leaking precum all night.

I spit in my hand for some lubrication. Once the precum started flowing, I wouldn't need it; however, it needed a little something to get me started. I stroked my cock with my right hand. I gripped the base for a moment, pushing the blood to my head making it nice and plump. Then I moved my hand up and down...up and down. When I got to the head, I swirled my hand just a bit, almost doing a 360 around the head. As the precum dripped out, I used it to slide up and down my shaft. After a few minutes, I would taste my fingers, licking the precum off it. While some guys may say that cum is gross, I think most men would admit that their own personal cum is god's elixir. I increased my stroking until I could feel the orgasm building in my balls. I wanted to edge for a few minutes, so I slowed down...stroking slowly...rubbing my balls a few more times. As I got closer again, I pulled my balld down. (Ladies- if you pull your man's balls down while he cums, it makes the orgasm last longer...trust me). As I got closer again, I licked my fingers and began rubbing circles around my hard nipples. I then pinched them as the cum rose in my cock. Moments later, I grunted and moaned as three hot ropes of cum shot into the air and landed on my stomach, forearm, and chest. I laid in bed, breathing heavily for a few moments. I looked at my watch. "Shit," I said out loud. I needed to get ready. I ran through the shower one more time washing off the cum, got dressed, and headed down stairs.

I was standing in the lobby for just a few minutes when Helen showed up. She looked fantasti. She wore a long black skirt, a black top, and a jean jacket. She looked so trendy yet respectable. "You look great," I complimented when she came up to me.

"You look very nice yourself," she gave me a warm hug. "So according to Google reviews, there is a really good Mexican restaurant up the street. If you are interested?"

"Mexican happens to be my favorite food. Shall we?" I drove Helen and I to the Mexican restaurant. Google did not disappoint. The food was fantastic. We both ordered margaritas and talked before the food came. Talking to Helen came so naturally. We talked about her dissertation and my career at Maryland. I truly did not want the conversation to end after dinner, so I asked if we could continue this at a local pub or cafe. "I have to admit, you are quite easy to talk to," I said to her. It was not a flirt. I genuinely meant it. However, I will also admit that I was attracted to her as well and thought about kissing those lips of hers.

"I would love that," she said. We searched the area for a local tavern, and found a place not terribly far from the hotel. It was a quiet place, so she and I were able to continue our conversation. I ordered a beer while she ordered a glass of wine. During the course of the conversation, our personal lives came up. "Are you married?" she bluntly asked me.

"Divorced. Are you married?" I boldly asked back.

"Nope. Not even a boyfriend."

"I don't have a boyfriend either," I joked; but she didn't laugh. "Sorry. Lame joke. Didn't mean to offend." But I could tell her mood changed slightly. I didn't want to ruin the great evening we were having, so I threw it out there. "I like you, Helen. I am truly enjoying your company."

"The feeling is mutual, James." That is when I got really bold. I leaned in and gave her a kiss. It was a soft kiss. She tasted like sweet wine. I wanted to stick my tongue into her mouth and show her how much I liked her, but I refrained.

I pulled back and asked, "Was that okay?"

"It was more than okay." Her amazing smile did me in. I leaned in and kissed her again. This time, her tongue entered my mouth. We continued to kiss like two teenagers. Her hands held my cheeks. Her fingers worked their way through my hair. Every few minutes we would take a break, take a drink, and then resume. I could feel my dick in my pants straining to be freed. I was shocked because I had just used it hours before, but it was begging to be released. I would move in my seat, trying to relieve some of the pressure. Helen stopped kissing and looked at me. "Are you okay?" she asked with a quizzical look.

"Oh yes...umm...just some pressure...ya know...well actually no you don't...but it's a good pressure." I wanted to let her know that her kisses were having a real effect on me, but instead I seemed to have insulted her.

She pulled back, and replied quietly, "James, I need to go back to the hotel. It's getting late, and I know that you have more going on tomorrow." She sat back and pulled her jean jacket across her chest.

What the fuck just happened. "Did I insult you somehow? If so, I am incredibly sorry." One minute we are making out, and the next minute she is kicking me to the curb.

"Of course not James. I am enjoying our time together, but it's probably best that we call it a night. That's all."

I did my best to hide my disappointment, so I said, "Sure no problem." We drove back to the hotel in silence. I had no idea what had just happened, but apparently it was the end of whatever it was. When we got to the elevator, I had to go up a few more floors whereas Helen did not.

She gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "James, you are brilliant, handsome, and quite fetching. Thank you for a wonderful evening."

"It was my pleasure." The elevator door opened up, and I got on. Whatever I had hoped would happen, was not going to happen. When I got to my room, I took off my clothes and threw on my favorite Batman shirt, which I often slept in. Bed time it was.

Tuesday morning looked exactly like Monday morning with the exception of Helen. I sat in the lobby working, but she never showed up. I was disappointed and somewhat confused, but I had to let it go. When I arrived at the museum, she was standing in the lobby. Once again she looked gorgeous. Her black pants and blazer hugged in all of the right places. Her hair was pulled up, and I could look at her sexy, long neck. I walked up to her, but before I could say anything, she gave me a hug.

"Good morning," I said as she pulled away. "How are you?" I was not going to let my disappointment come through at all.

"I didn't sleep at all last night if I am going to be honest. James, I want to apologize for my behavior. I think you are great. I have just been going through a lot of changes in my life, and I got carried away. Then I got weird. I know none of this makes sense, but I just wanted to apologize for my abrupt change in behavior."

"Helen, please. There is no need to apologize. I understand. We got carried away. I live in Maryland, and you live...hell... I don't even know where you live to be honest."

"Chicago. I live in Chicago. I drove here."

"Makes sense...so why get involved with a guy at a conference when you will never see him again. Conference hookups are a bit of a cliche aren't they?" I knew that I came across a bit curt, but a long, drawn out conversation was not necessary. I looked at my watch and said, "I don't mean to cut you off, but I have another presentation in about fifteen minutes. I really should get things set up."

"Sure. Good luck."

I walked away. I may have felt a little embarrassed about my eagerness last night, but I was by no means heartbroken. Life moves on. I put the whole debacle out of my mind, and got to work. My second presentation went well. Since it was more of a broad conversation about the Civil War itself, the room was packed with those who had a variety of interests. It was not until I was done and talking to someone else that I noticed Helen was in the room. When we made eye contact, she gave me her million dollar smile and a wave. A few minutes later I walked over to her.

"Hey there. Did you sit in on this presentation as well?" I knew she did, but I wanted to play it cool.

"I did. It was even more fascinating than yesterday's discussion. I wish I had you on my dissertation panel. James, please let me take you out to dinner again? I want to apologize for my behavior."

I chuckled. "Helen, please, think nothing of it. We are on fine terms. You are always welcome to email me about your dissertation or any of your studies. I'm happy to help."

12