What are the Odds?

Story Info
Can Grey and Nate finally be more than friends?
3.6k words
4.62
8.7k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Grey

I'm suddenly startled awake by the sound of low thuds and high pitched screams. My shared wall with Nate shakes with the force of his bed frame ramming into it over and over. Not only is this the third time this week my roommate has had a "date" in his room, it's also the third time he's woken me up with the sound of pounding through the wall and the screams of a stranger.

If it were anyone else I would roll over, plug my headphones in, and try to sleep through it. But Nate isn't just anyone else.

I really don't remember the first time I realized I loved him, but that's how things are now. I would do anything for him. Four years of being his best friend in high school and two years being his roommate in college made my secret love for him grow wild and untamed. I've even started torturing myself into staying awake while he pleasured someone else, wishing desperately that it was me.

The odds of us ever getting together are impossible anyways. Why would Nate want a geek like me when he can pull the nameless jocks and studs he parades through here on the daily? It doesnt really matter that sometime I think we have a connection, or rather an attraction between us. That's probably just all in my head. Besides next to all the beefy hot guys, I'm nothing.

Nate

I've already forgotten the name of the guy I'm fucking by the time my orgasm tickles my spine and teases into my cockhead. The only thing in my mind is how more intense this would feel if the boy underneath me was my roommate and unrequited love, Grey. But Grey would never go for a dumb jock like me. He's here on campus on four different scholarships while also holding down a prestigious internship. No matter how much I want him in my bed instead of dumb jocks like myself, I know I'll have to settle for them until I can shake my foolish love for him.

Next to him, all these hookups are nothing to me. Just something to pass the time while I try and fail to get over him. If I can't actually have him, I could at least pretend that the random boys are him.

Just the thought of him replacing the guy below me is enough to trigger my release into the condom. I warn the guy and start fucking even harder, banging the headboard into the wall again and again.

Five minutes later I stand in the shower having walked my date out minutes after we both came. As I wash the latest hookup off my body, my mind wanders to Grey and what he thinks of my hookups. Maybe he thinks I'm a slut and that's part of the reason we've never hooked up all these years. Maybe he was just really never into me. Growing up, I could have sworn there had always been this attraction between us. I always felt so comfortable with Grey and I knew he felt the same about me. I thought our friendship would fall apart when we came to college but it seems that not even living together could break our bond.

Grey's friendship has meant a lot to me over the years but I can't keep pretending I'm not in love with him. Fucking random guys to pass the time is getting old when there's only one boy I want in my bed. I wish there was a way to see if there could be anything between us without ruining our friendship. I would give anything for a chance with him.

--

It's Saturday night, two days since my latest hookup. Grey and I are snuggled on the couch drinking beers. Just like old times.

Even though nothing had ever happened between us, Grey and I had always been very snuggly with eachother. Ever since we had been in High School, I had always been the biggest kid and Grey had always been the littlest. We would always sit with his back against my chest, his knees pulled up to his chest with my arms wrapped around his knees. No matter how older we got or if either of us had boyfriends, we would always be wrapped around eachother. I think it was a moment several years ago just like this one that made me realize how deep I was in it with him.

All of sudden Grey pulled away and scooted towards the end of the couch. I immediately mourned the loss of his body.

"Grey, what's up? Why'd you pull away?" Grey avoided my question and mumbled something about being too hot. I couldn't help but think it was something I did. Forget someday being together. Was I somehow losing my best friend?

Grey

I couldn't explain to Nate why I moved away without making the next few minutes of conversation extremely awkward. We were wrapped around eachother like we usually are on the couch but then all of sudden I felt a hard poking object prodding me in the back. It took me too long to realize that Nate was hard. As soon as I realized it, I myself went straight to hard too. I had to pull away so he didnt notice my erection. I don't think he bought my hot excuse either. If I want to avoid the truth and my feelings for him, I would have to change the subject fast.

"Hey, do you remember that game we used to play as kids? 'What are the odds'?" I asked quickly while still avoiding his questioning eyes.

"Yeah, I think so. It's like a dare game right?" Nate answered. I could tell he still wasn't placated over what just happened but he allowed me to change the subject anyways.

"Right. Basically I dare you to do something and you give me the odds you would do it. If you wouldn't mind doing the dare, the odds would be low, like 1 in 10. If you really don't want to do the dare, than you pick high odds. Like 1 in a million. After you pick the odds, we both say a number in the odds you picked and if it's the same number, you have to do the dare. No consequences if the number isnt the same."

Nate suddenly sat straight up and moved closer towards me.

"Oh yeah! I remember this one. We should totally play it."

"Right now?" I dont know what he had in mind, but judging from the naughty grin he gave me, I could tell I should be cautious. He was always known for coming up with ridiculous dares.

"Alright. You should go first," I offered.

Nate smiled and looked me right in the eye.

"What are the odds you tell me why you moved away from me earlier?"

Damn it. I should have known he would pull this. If I gave high odds, I probably wouldn't have to tell him. But part of me wanted to tell him. So maybe we can have a real conversation about my attraction towards him. I didn't want to lose him as a friend if this went wrong but the beers we've had mixed with the intensity of the game made me more wreckless than I usely cared to be.

I scooted close to him on the couch and said in a steady voice, "1 in 5."

Nate looked at me for a moment and then started to count down. After 1, we would both say a number, hoping that it was the same one.

"Alright ready? 3...2...1..."

"Three."

"Three."

Well. That was fast. Just like that I was forced to tell the truth of the moment from earlier. Stealing myself against Nate's reaction I turned to him and took a deep breath.

Nate

"Yes! Spill it, Grey. You lost fair and square."

Grey looked like he might vomit any second but he seemed to collect himself as he took a deep breath. Then he began to speak.

"I moved away earlier because I felt your dick poking through your shorts and just the feel of it got me hard."

I sat motionless, shocked into silence. I truly had no words to say to that. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but kissing Grey after he dropped a bomb on me like that wouldn't be right. If I brushed this off, we could remain friends and not mess with the status quo. But I was really tired of pretending with Grey. I wanted to risk it all for him, and that's exactly what I plan to do.

I stood up and moved so I was directly beside of him, close enough for our thighs to press together. I took his hand and with my other hand, gently pulled his chin to train his eyes on mine.

"Did you pull away when you got hard because you were embarrassed or because it actually meant something when you felt my cock and got hard? Because I have to be perfectly honest here Grey. Everytime I'm around you, I'm always hard. You turn me on like no one I've ever met."

It all happened so fast. One minute I was confessing what I thought was my love and the next Grey was pulling out of my arms and making a quick exit.

Before he could make it to the threshold of the living room, he turned around and said, "I'm not another one of your conquests, Nate. I've loved you for nearly our entire friendship and I'm not going to throw that away on some cheap quickie because your drunk."

With that he turned and hurried back to his bedroom. I was left to wonder what the fuck happened and how I could fix it. Because there was no way I would let things end there after I had already come so far.

Did he really just say that he loved me? How had I missed the fact that we were both in love with eachother this whole time? We could have gotten together ages ago! I tried to put that thought out of mind and focus on what I had to do now. Now that I know his true feelings, it's time to go get my man.

I got up from the couch and followed him back to his room. The door was shut so I knocked and waited for a response. None came.

"Please Grey. Open the door. What just happened isn't what you think. I just want to talk."

There was no response. I sunk down onto the floor and just decided to shoot my shot from out here. I really hoped he was listening because I was about to put all my marbles on the table.

"I think you may have misinterpreted what I said earlier. I don't want to just have sex with you. Don't get me wrong. I would fucking love having sex with you. Your body was made to fit against mine. But what I was really trying to say is that I love you so fucking much. I have ever since we were in high school. All these years together have shown me what you truly mean to me. I was so worried about losing our friendship that I never made a move on you because I didn't want to lose you. I've also been fucking every guy in sight because it's the only way I can handle not having the only guy I actually want in my bed. You."

With that, I leaned my head back against the door and waited for the response I really doubted would come. I would sit here all night if it took that long for him to talk to me. I won't let this ruin our friendship.

Turns out I wouldn't have to wait all night afterall. From behind me, I heard the footsteps of Grey walking to the door and then the sound of the bolt disengaging from the door. I quickly got to my feet and turned to face him.

Grey

Did he just say he loved me? When I confessed my love earlier before running out of the room, I thought that was it. That I would scare him off and I would lose my best friend forever. I ran to my room because I didn't want him to see me cry.

I really couldn't handle just being another notch on his bedpost, but if Nate actually loved me, then maybe we could be together.

I got out of bed walked to the door. There was a few ways this could go but I knew exactly what to say when I opened the door.

After turning the knob and pulling the door opened, I watched as Nate stood and moved toward me. I put my palm up and began to speak.

"Ask me what are the odds I would kiss you."

Nate

That was definitely not what I thought he was going to say. I'm not really sure what his plan is with this but I'm more than willing to trust him. I love him too damn much not to try.

"What are the odds you kiss me?" I whisper into his dark bedroom. Our game from earlier making a reappearance is maybe just what we need to push our attraction over the edge. If we kiss, there's no way he can deny my true feelings for him. It occurs to me that he could just pick large odds, making the chance we could kiss even smaller. I'd know he really doesn't want to kiss me then.

Grey stares at me for a very tense minute until he finally opens his mouth and states very clearly, "1 in 2."

On the inside, I'm jumping for joy! These odds must mean he actually does want to kiss me. If I screw this up though, I may as well just leave and never come back. If I miss the oppurtunity to kiss him in a 1 in 2 odds, I'll never forgive myself. All I have to do is say the same number as him and I'm golden.

Slowly I walk away from the doorway, shutting the door behind me, and grab his hand. Together we climb into his bed. I lift the covers to allow him to snuggle in beside me as I turn to face him. I can barely see his bright green eyes glow in the dark but I can tell he's excited.

"Ready?" I whisper.

"Yes," he breathes.

"Okay. Here we go then," I sigh. I begin counting down. "3...2...1..."

Grey whispers into the night, "Two."

At the same time I whisper, "One."

Well, fuck. There goes my oppurtunity. I can't help the disappointment flooding through every vain in my body. I still want Grey in my life so I try to play it as cool as possible.

"Well, I guess you dodged a bullet there," I say with as much false enthusiasm as I can muster. "You dont have to kiss me afterall."

I go to slide out of bed but Grey suddenly grabs my arm. He looks dead in my eyes and exclaims, "Fuck the odds." Suddenly, the little geek love of my life pulls me down on top of him and kisses the absolute shit out of me.

Grey

I can't believe I just did that. After nearly six years of pining after Nate, I finally faced my fears and kissed him. And how amazing did this kiss turn out to be! Its exceeding all my expectations. Nate was suprised at first but eventually his experience in kissing boys settles in. I can feel him starting to relax on top of me and take back the control. His hands frantically knead and explore my hair, chest, arms, and face as his lips keep a steady rhythm against my own. I have never been this thoroughly kissed in my entire life.

Nate starts to fidget around on top of me and I can feel his hard cock rub against mine. Without permission, a long whine escapes my mouth and gets lost in the wet heat of his. Nate pulls back and rests his forehead against mine as he chuckles and smiles down at me.

"I've been wanting to do that for years."

"Me too."

As Nate continued to lay on top of me and press kisses onto my face and chest, he asked, "So you love me, huh?"

I blushed and looked away. Nate took his hand and used it to gently pull my face back to his gaze.

"Hey, there's no reason to be shy, Grey. I love you too. And now that you know, I can do more of this."

He started to kiss my neck again while gently adding teeth. I wrapped my fingers through his hair and caressed him as he slowly used his teeth to suck a hickey into my neck.

I started to buck into him, silently begging for more. Before I could suggest we move this further, Nate pulled back and donned a serious expression on his face.

"Are you sure about this? If we go further tonight, this won't just be a one off. I just can't have you once. If I'm going to have you tonight, you're gonna be mine forever."

I reached up to pull his mouth back down to mine.

"I'll be yours forever just as long as you get to be mine."

Nate's face transformed into a sweet smile. "Of course baby. Anything for you."

"Anything for me, huh? Well how about we get back to getting busy and in the morning we can talk about us? For right now, I need your cock in me so bad."

Nate

Listening to Grey beg for my cock unleashed something inside of me. I've been waiting six years to hear those words and now that they've finally hit my ears, I'm ready to destroy him.

"Oh god, I cant think of anything I want more. You have 10 seconds to decide how you want this before I get started. You're not going to be thinking of a single thing once I do so you better decide quickly. Do you want it on your back? Stomach? How about fast or slow?"

Grey's eyes opened wide as he tried to decide what he wanted. Suddenly his eyes narrowed to slits as his breathing came out in rough puffs.

"I wanna ride you. So I can look at you as you make me fall apart."

I groaned loudly as I buried my mouth back against his neck.

"Do you have lube and condoms? Or do you need me to run to my room real quick?"

"I have both but are condoms really necessary? I always use one and I dont want to have that barrier between us. I want to feel you come in me."

Those words nearly broke me.

"I want that too, baby, but I don't want to put you at risk. I also always use a condom but I haven't been tested for a while. Tomorrow you and I can go tested together and then we can throw all the condoms away. Is that okay?"

Grey nodded and started sucking on my neck.

"Yes, that's fine. Can you please fuck me now, though? I cant wait any longer."

After that, time moved in a blur. It didn't take anytime at all to strip us both of our clothes amd get Grey prepped to take me. He was currently straddling my waist, easing the condom down on to my cock as his ass faced me. I was eating the hell out of him and fucking his ass with three fingers when he suddenly pulled away from me, causing my fingers to pop out of him. He turned around and panted,

"Please, I need it."

With that he slowly slid his ass down onto my cock until he was sitting completley on it.

Grey threw his head back and clenched his hands into my stomach. I wasn't fairing that well either, my whole concentration focused on not bucking up into him while he adjusted.

In no time he was wildly riding my cock, head thrown back, moaning loudly. My hands were wrapped around his waist, helping him slide off and onto me over and over.

"Yes, Nate! It's so good. So good," Grey chanted.

I wasnt going to make it very long this time. I hope he realized this wasnt going to be the only round we were having tonight. I hadn't even come yet and I was ready to go again.

Suddenly, Grey turned on turbo mode and lost his rhythm. By the way his eyes clenched shut and the feel of his nails digging into my chest, I could tell he was getting ready to come.

"Yeah baby, just like that. You're almost there. Shoot on to me. That's right, you're doing so good, Grey."

With a final whine, Grey's cock exploded onto my chest. He trembled and screamed through his orgasm as I held him upright and fucked him through it.

After he collapsed on to my chest, too fucked to hold himself up, I slammed my cock in a few more times before unloading in the condom. Grey kissed me through my orgasm and eventually we both slumped against the bed, exhausted and happy. While Grey snuggled his head against my chest, my arms flew to wrap around him.

"Are you okay, baby?" I murmured into his ear.

"I'm perfect," he whispered back.

With that, we both cuddled back into eachother while our bodies calmed down.

I really never thought that our lives would lead to this moment. I had hoped for a very long time that we would end up here, but I never actually believed it was possible. The odds may have been stacked against us, but this time, the odds were in our favor.