All Comments on 'What Did Happen in Vegas? Ch. 01'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great story KK

As yours always are.

I like the complexity in this and the characters are richly defined.

Great start on this story!

DJ

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Super

The arrival of a story from KK is something I always look forward to. Great read; anxiously awaiting more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
same oh,same oh

best friend and his buddy frame tom,his wife fucks somebody else because she is mad.he take dumbass wife back because of misunderstanding.where is trust for her hubby and she wants to fuck up so quick.get revenge on the wife as well as the friends and buddy take no prisons.that means writer punish them all to the fullest.don't give her shit in the divorce and put the friends in jail.now that how you get even.when people hurt you intentionally you destory them.you aren't thinking about been clever or sensitive,when people are trying to destory you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Agree with last comment

Wife will fuck another man but even if she dosen't, it dosen't matter anymore because her husband will think she did. Stupid whore comes home to find out her husband left. One of them will find out who set tom up. Since it was a set up, everything will be forgiven and that includes the wife acting like a whore and fucking another man. They get their revenge and live happily ever after. Like the last person said, same old story.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Great start

You've laid a solid foundation for a great story. I especially like the timeline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Kooky Krap

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but this story line has been used so many times that it is no longer even interesting, unless you are totally bored beyond description!

The only kind of man who would sacrifice his marriage by keeping a secret is an absolute fool, and that's what you've painted him out to be. Additionally, any wife who is willing to sleep with another man, sacrifice her own descency by putting herself in a compromising predicament as this wife has done (with his "best friend," no less), is a bigger fool. So now that you've portrayed two fools as your main characters, how do you plan to resolve your story without destroying all that is descent and readworthy? I doubt you can K.K. So far you're not that good at writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
This could end up being good

but I guess we'll see. Personally, I'd like to get details of Brad having hot sex with Lisa.

If Tom is innocent, then he's an idiot, and he basically just let his wife cheat on him. However, I have a feeling he really did cheat on Lisa in Vegas. KK likes to shock the readers...and that would be the only thing that would be surprising from here on out.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
wow

this is going to be great, well written andI can't wait for the fest of it

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 18 years ago
Can't wait for the next chapter

Very good as always

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Good Start

Now the big dummy has done it. Now he HAS to leave home or he loses face. She may not let him back in.

Well, it looks like she will fuck Brad and that WILL be the end of their marriage. Somehow I don't believe Tom would absorb that and continue in the marriage. So we don't have to worry about him being able to get back into the house.

I can't figure out what the dipshit did that he couldn't tell her what he did, right off the bat. It must be something that he didn't want anyone to know about, or at least her. It must still be legal. Unaware of Zack's intentions is/was he negotiating himself a VP job somewhere?

Obviously, Werner is the one in the photos. A little Abra Cadabra and Tom is the one in the pictures. Paint Shop makes it easy!

And Brad is the one screwing Tom around? He wants Tom's position. Little does he know he would have it in the new shuffle.

OR David is the one? But I remember nothing about David. Maybe he knows of the shuffle and is trying to beat Tom down so HE can get the Presidency.

These pictures must be time stamped, other wise they are next to useless. Did the connivers make the mistake of giving a time to pictures when Tom was definitely in conference with the CEO for the BIG sale?

But what the hell WAS he doing at night?

Talking to real estate agent about a house? Nah.

I can't see where it would be anything for her that he couldn't admit to, in light of what she thinks.

All I can think of, he is planning on a casino heist. [Dumb huh?]

And all I get on the recording of characters is 3 seconds of "secretsounds".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
good start

Great start so far. I have only one minor quibble: a few times you wrote "Bard" instead of "Brad". Spelling counts ;)

norcal62norcal62about 13 years ago
Wonder when LW authors will use the word sneaked instead of snuck?

Certain words simply jump off the page to me and "snuck" is one. The mystery is where the practice started. KK surely isn't the only one who does it.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Unrealistic

Whatever happened, Tom is an admitted liar and too bull headed to talk to him wife. Such stupid people would never be up to being president of a corporation.

auhunter04auhunter04over 12 years ago
unlike some other comments

I too am dumber than a stump. Unforunately, I never added things up until after she died. We were married for 33 years. About the last 10 there was little or no physical contact between us, at her request. (duh)

I was talking to an old friend that I knew from before my marriage and told her what I was thinking (she is my ex mother in law from a previous marriage(

She told me that she knew wife was being seen around in the company of other man. I have a son who looks like nothing like anyone in the family, but does look a lot like his 'godfather' who that Christmas flew from Arizona to Detroit just to see his godson.....there is more to this tale but you get the picture I am seeing and have no way of confronting or doing shit about it....

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
SO FAR IT DON'T MAKE ANY FUCKING SENSE!!!!

Too much information no action.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
By the end of page one

I could tell that Brad is going to be the bad guy.

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
An excellent start. 5 stars!

Very well-written. Don't do anything stupid!! A little unrealistic that he was so hard-headed and refused to look at the photos. Why are Bill and the voice on the phone conspiring? Zach could name Tom president before he "elected" a Board. But that would make the story less interesting.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loving it

Five stars. An awesome beginning. Thanks.

diegotoadstickerdiegotoadstickerover 9 years ago
Good Story

Nice story set up. The Husband's a dick even if he's not guilty. Got to side with the wife so far though I suspect that will change.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
One more thought...

this is such a well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very Irritating

No way on God's Green Earth would any couple who are truly in love and cultivating a loving relationship treat each other in this manner. It simply does not have the ring of truth. True love means absolutely open communication, which also means that they would not be dancing around each other for days on end slamming doors and what? he doesn't even see the pictures for how long? It's just too stupid for words and not believable. Opportunity after opportunity flushed down the shitter and then he yells Fuck You as she walks out the door?

Thirty years and my wife and I have NEVER ever used this type of hurtful language with each other. That is not how loving, caring people treat one another.

This reminds me of the dtiverson story where this guy fakes the pictures of the husband romancing a colleague at a weekend conference and emails them to the wife. Then she gets so unhinged that the guy moves in and let's her cry on his shoulder and then fucks her sideways til Tuesday.

Anyway, the setup here reeks of artifice. Other than that, the writing is acceptable.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Doesn't Make Sense

“She wanted so much to believe Tom but she was sure that she caught him in a lie.”

Okay, I don’t know what’s up with his “reading in his room story”, but she believes an ANONYMOUS phone call, with NO evidence besides some so far imaginary pictures, over a loving husband that has given her NO reason to doubt him for 8 years?

And why in the hell doesn't he just TELL her the truth, whatever the heck it is?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Strange reactions

They don't seem much like a loving couple. They have NO communication skills whatsoever and both seem to think the worst of each other without much thought. There are a couple of players involved trying to sink their marriage. We'll see. No rating yet but it's not looking good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Don't bother, turns into complete RAACshit in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
2 stupid people and an old writer...

By 2003 we are 15 years into the Photoshop age and late x-ers and early millennials have zero trust in anything sent to them in email. Who does? Old people trying to write younger and that seems to be what we have here.

From hanging out in lounges to not communicating to "the board" giving a shit about a CEO's personal life short of getting slashed on the news as a pedophile, this all seems like it could be from a 70's sitcom.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars. Yes, the basic premise is a bit far fetched. The scenario that gets them into trouble is the result of a failure to communicate. It's a comedy of errors. However, the drama and plot development is solid.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago
Cliched

The whole doctored photos, some kind of work place conspiracy, and the friend with the morals of an alley cat is pretty cliched

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
5 star writer and writing. Score 3 for ridiculously slow pace

Good yarn. Boilerplate but good!

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good

Good story, but overused plot. Wife never believes the husband and.makes.her own mistake. Let's see where this goes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Tom is a dumbass

Why wont he tell her what really happened. As far as i, conxerned she should cheat on gim, stupid stubborn idiot

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 2 years ago

how is a married man best friends with a guy that fuck married women? never been married but that dont sound normal tome sounds dumb. lets see if the wife know about his friends sex life is like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. But two things. First, just tell your wife what you did in Vegas. Read thr final chapter. It was something that some wives may have a problem with but pales in comparison to an affair. His staying in the room reading lie was moronic. Heck even tell her the next morning. Just do it before the pictures arrive. Second, Brad is an asshole. And it gets worse. And Lisa will certainly not be blameless in the next chapters.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

Brad is setting him up, so he can get on the board and f cuck the guy at the same time? I don't know about this bouncing around thing, may just be an extra challenge for my dyslexic ass. Interesting thus far and other than slightly confusing (that may be the point ? The situation is confusing, so that's the feel?) on to the next

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous