All Comments on 'What Did I Do?'

by Tall78701

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Needs more substance a the end

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Although even hallmark would hate it, please let her find Jake in real life

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice twist, should have seen it coming. It was just so fairy tale romantic, so unrealistic, but you made me laugh.

stewartbstewartbalmost 2 years ago

A very cute day dream romance ... non-romance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sad tale with no real indication of what happened to set it all in motion (other than the tag I didn’t read until after reading the story). I had hope for a better future for her before it was dashed, but on the good side, she still has that thing she would have missed. 3* for the missed opportunity.

JoshFrom53JoshFrom53almost 2 years ago

Aww. Poor Nadine. Lovely story tho.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story! Somehow, you need to find a way to continue the story, maybe even make Jake a real person who sweeps Nadine off her feet. He seems a very concerned, caring, and attractive man. I can imagine him without his work shirt, with chest hair proudly displayed for Nadine, and their falling so gently into a loving relationship! Please consider continuing this story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dang it, I wanted that to be real! Sad that Jake is just a daydream, would love a sequel where she quits her job and goes home to her husband, Jake.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please consider a continuation of this story -- one in which Nadine miraculously meets a real Jake, who is every bit the man she sees in her dream. I get the idea that she is a woman who truly deserves a wonderful loving man in real life. Her boss Mike doesn't seem to good to her, so I'd leave him out of the picture. But Jake seems a real god catch for her. I agree with an earlier comment that he could be a very sexy man -- chest hair, big cock, great hands, and real love for her!

Bronco56Bronco56almost 2 years ago

Nice romantic story. I would of hoped for a different ending. Your ending had the wind knocked out of my breath. But I'm sure that is what you were looking for. Your characters felt real. 5stars

AA20195AA20195almost 2 years ago

Didn't see that one coming, lol. Bravo !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So life turns out to be the SOS after all. Well written chain jerk! 5

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Hi, Tall, I read this one earlier but don’t know why I didn’t comment so I reread it as a refresher.

.

It was well written but was rather dark, both in mood and attitude. Nadine’s prospects are rather depressing as she finds herself in a bad situation but then there’s a ray of hope (I think Jake should have been named Ray to match the rest of this!) and Nadine has hope of finding happiness in the long run. The ending dashes that, not unsurprisingly but still disappointingly. Nadine’s little spell comes to an end and she’s in the same depressing situation she’d been in before and leaving the reader a bit sad and disappointed in romance failed.

.

.Perhaps it would have been too cliché but I would have loved to have seen her leaving work that day, stopping at the Safeway and maybe getting sideswiped by a cart pushed by Jake (or Ray?). Perhaps he asks if he can take her to dinner to make up for bumping into her and Nadine recognizes the similarity to the man in her dream. In this case, perhaps the story ends before we know whether she accepts but hopeful that she would. Or perhaps something like that happens in a future Part 2 to give Nadine the romance she craves and to allow the reader to be happy for her and the happy ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTall78701@Tall78701
12/4/2023 Our next story is scheduled to be released today. Reading a letter to Dear Abby in last week’s paper inspired our most recent submission. The letter delt with a wife writing Dear Abby wanting to know if it was normal for her husband to “please himself” on a daily b...