All Comments on 'What Dreams May Come'

by ThatNewGuy

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
yowseryowserover 4 years ago
Delicious

Oh my, this is a little gem buried here in the underbrush. Venerable Bede! Passive Aggressive! (or passion aggression?) Clever, well paced, authentic.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 4 years ago
Fun story...

except from the narrator's perspective!

I loved the little vignettes as the night passes (sometimes only a few minutes apart) and the narrator's opinions become more and more centered on her quest to shut him up so she can sleep, too. There were a lot of funny parts, but the idea of kidnapping the person who gave the quote and letting them see the error of their ways and her ultimate revenge were my favorites.

Keep up the great work! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I have sleep apnea

So, I feel for this story, even if it feels overlong. I guess, like a long sleepless night.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, thinks it is freaking hilarious, and I hope you didn't give her ideas. Now, I will have to go to sleep with a towel, and well as a fresh pair of shorts . Along with my bruised ribs.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

Very funny. I forwarded this story to my poor long suffering wife, for whom I finally, after thirty-five years of snoring moved myself to the guest room to sleep. I get it now.

Cringeworthy for me. I can't help but wonder now if she stood over me at three in the a.m. with a makeshift shiv, conjuring up the courage to put me out of her misery.

Funny but embarrassing at the same time. Like Brad laying in a puddle of his ersatz piss.

Well done story.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 4 years ago

Good job.

Thanks for this light and humorous break in the day. Very enjoyable.

RiverMayaRiverMayaover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this, thank you for posting. Five ☆s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Hmmm

Clever!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lovely! Some beautiful touches. Made me smile all day. Many thanks.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

A marvelous laugh-out-loud story.

If she ever again graces his bed, she should strap a CPAP on him (after he's slaked his thirst at her <i>Fons Veneris</i>, of course).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OK!

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

Eager-to-please. The world is full of them. Sometimes referred to as Sycophants. Great story. Thanks for the laugh.

Mex9366Mex9366over 2 years ago

How is this scored this low. Hard to read when the Kindle is jumping from the laughter

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Have a sleep study done and get a CPAP machine!

5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Funny - scary part is there are a lot of "hers" out there like that...LOL 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An amazing five!!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Wickedly funny. Glad you didn't write so she sharpened the toothbrush into a shiv...

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

One further thought. The Old West outlaw John Wesley Hardin is said to have shot through a hotel wall and killed a man in the next room for snoring, so... there's precedent, sort of.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Holy fuck, you captured my wife's sleeping habits. She sleeps like the dead and Iie awake snd suffer. I pray for the abyss often ...

jsch1947jsch1947almost 2 years ago

Funny, funny, funny!

A true delight!

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimalmost 2 years ago

When it's written down in front of me, it's funny, and I can pretend that I have never suffered a night like this one where murder becomes a favourite obsession. Or that I make those noises now that I'm old.

Excellent.

18175701181817570118over 1 year ago

Hilarious, thank you.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasabout 1 year ago

Wonderful. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story! I absolutely LMAO while reading this one. Five stars ⭐️!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

NoTalentHack recommended this story as a palate cleanser after his latest post. His talent as a writer is nearly as good as his appreciation for fine satire. This author is breath of fresh aire. Many deep belly laughs and almost constant giggles were the result of the quick, easy read. I will check out this authors other works.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayabout 1 year ago

That's one of the most worthwhile things I've read on this site for a while. Thank you for the great laughs :)

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 1 year ago

Another person here due to NoTalentHack's recommendation and he's right, this was hilarious. I almost want my wife to read it... but she might get ideas when I snore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh, the sorrows of young love! Ha Ha Ha Thanks for this side splitter! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Just a great presentation.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hilarious!!!

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

Got a couple giggles out of that also. Don't remember either of my two wives snoring and they never complained to me, so who knows? Maybe they were just being polite.

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

Much as I like your idea here, for me it just missed being good, maybe it’s a sense of humour thing, the difference between us, after all that’s what makes the world go round as they say.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Fucking hilarious!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun8 months ago

5 Stars1 Really funny! I love your twisted sense of humor.

fredbrownfredbrown7 months ago

Not sure I would be the complainant or the defendant in the upcoming assault case but damn, this my friend strikes me as funny as hell! Guess I'm some kind of weirdo ........

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hilarious. The seven stages of grief, err sorry, laying next to a loud snorer. Hehe.

NinjatechNinjatech2 months ago

Frinkin' hilarious!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Absolutely brilliant! Best story I have read in ages.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Why do we love to laugh at the miseries of others??? Even those we love. One of life's unexplained mysteries. I echo the previous commenters, this is really funny!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThatNewGuy@ThatNewGuy
March 13, 2024 My first romance story, Full Circle, has been posted. One of the things I enjoy about Literotica is the chance to explore writing in a variety of genres. I had fun writing this story, and I hope you have fun reading it. Thank you for your support and encourag...

story TAGS