All Comments on 'What Good Are You To Anyone?'

by CAP811

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
thebulletthebulletover 17 years ago
excellent

A thoughtful and uplifting story

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 17 years ago
Beautiful

Simply beautiful!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great

It's been said before, but this has been really well written! A plesant surprise to find such good writing on lit-e; you really have a good grasp on people and how much difference one person can make to another.

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Flabbergasted

I don't know if I spelled that word correctly, but who cares. This story absolutely amazed me, not only by the very professional writing, but by the depth of feeling it evoked. Author, may I suggest that you submit this for publication. There's got to be a market for such works of literary art.

BazzzBazzzover 17 years ago
A nice story

The horror of addition is a cruel reality in our society.

Be it food, alcohol, drugs or something else so many people suffer from its effects. What causes a person to destroy their life is often buried so deep that many times they never find it and the addiction ruins them. I doubt many understand how unusual this story is because the odds are so against a person recovering from an addiction.

Interestingly enough it is usually a proverbial kick in the groin, like the one Melissa gave you in the pool, that causes the addict to bottom out and then seek help. In fact I don't blame Melissa's step father for turning his back on her. Sometimes that is just what needs to be done just like that same friend insisting that you go to a pool party and meet your own demons.

I have a brother who has battled an addiction to Crystal Meth and, like yourself, I find myself battling my impulses to overeat constantly. Like you and Melissa we are both in good shape now. Yet the AA axiom, "One day at a time", is so true. You have to be so vigilant.

This story was well done. My only criticism is that you should have gone into more detail regarding what your own addiction did to you and the pain you witnessed Melissa go through. Then again, maybe this was enough for you. I wish you luck.

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 17 years ago
Your story

Your story has been reviewed. You can see the review on the New story reviews thread on the Authors' Hangout here: http://www.literotica.com:81/forum/showthread.php?t=428901&page=11&pp=25

Any comments or questions pertaining to that review can be directed to that thread: http://www.literotica.com:81/forum/showthread.php?p=18265130#post18265130

janiexxjaniexxover 17 years ago
Beautiful story.

I saw your story reviewed in the Author's Hangout and enjoyed it immensely.

janiexx

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very nicely done

and told with great sensitivity.

There is a lot for one to think about in this story if they take the time. I guess everyone could/should look in the mirror, and quietly ask, "What good am I to anyone?"

First rate!

Regards, DJ

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Ditto Blue88

Unusually well written story. Well done! Your ending was not what I expected, but upon reflection, made sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Thank You

Thanks for telling this story. I'm battling my own weight demons and addiction issues. Seeing this story in print reminded me of the rewards and the obligations of getting my act together.

Your story is very sensitive and moving. I feel whole again after reading this.

charleybearcharleybearover 17 years ago
Very Nice

Like the previous poster I too have been flirting with doing something about extra pounds and I think this story has given me the incentive to finally start the process.

If only all of humanity could have the character of Jeff, a man who realizes that other people have value and that everyone should have someone who stands by them.

In my stories I do not have husbands standing by cheating wives as some people would like to always happen. Those however are stories and not real life for me. I would hope each of us has at least one person who would be our "Jeff".

Thanks for a wonderful read.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Stirring Tale, well written

CAP,

You managed to write a wonderful emotionally charged tale without resorting to obvious sex to get the reader involved. CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE. The only thing that would make the story better is if it were true! Look forward to reading more of your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You & Your Talent Sold Me - KUDO's Author

Impressive and rational throughout. Just fine work Author.

All that in hopes of more works of respect and lifelike reality that entertains most.

With High Regard

tonyjosie1tonyjosie1over 17 years ago
I was checking non erotic rankings. . .

since I thought Cliffs at Baja might be doing will. It was, your story is correctly ranked even better.

You got my 5.

sanfranman60sanfranman60about 17 years ago
Pretty damn cool story there...

It's refreshing to read some prose that has a redeeming value. Kristin reeled in quite a catch indeed. Nice work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
refreshing!

Your writing has such gentle compassion! Its so nice to read. I hope you're publishe din a book somewhere!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Truly Exceptional

I believe this could be accepted for publication in almost any of the top magazines in America. Thank you for letting us read your thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I've been there...

Four years ago I weighed 320 lbs. Today, 200. Fighting the demons of obesity has been the toughest battle of my life. You have captured the feelings and express them magnificently. I agree -- publish this for wider exposure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Very Nice :)

Good read. You have captured the amount of self control and the fighting it takes to combat one's demons, and I salute you.

- J

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Endearing Story, but

Very nitce story, but you really needed to have at least implied that he and Kristin were a real item and not just buds, as he was with her other babes.

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
It was a bit like Russian roulette. He could have gone the other way, you know?

Her comments could easily have bruised his ego to the point where he fell even further into the grip of food. It really is "comfort food".

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
LOVED IT!

I LOVED IT! it was so beautiful the way you put your story and i could actually see the scenes from your story VERY VERY TALENTED IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF BRAVA!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
thank you

very good story. thank you for sharing

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
TO ANSWER THE QUESTION

wait until I am good for myself 1st. TK U MLJ LV NV

JasperGeniJasperGeniabout 11 years ago
surprisingly emotional

I love the way this story progresses. I teared up when I read the part where Melissa started attending AA meetings. Very beautiful.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Excellent

One person who needed redemption returning the favor. Everything is good with the world. Shame it's fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yess

I have a see few of these situations, your story reflects how most of them go

Well Done.

MisterBillBillyMisterBillBillyover 9 years ago
Nice little story,

You just need to add a little more Beef to it.

Sorry about that, you got some kind of plot/story line, maybe add the EX into some drama. You don't have a real climax. And damn you could of have added/had many anti-climaxes with this basic story. This is my first read of your stories, I think it was a nice story, but......bill

I'll keep reading your stuff

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
It's good that he lost the weight

Very good that he helped Melissa

But I'm not sure he shed all his own addictions. If he so easily reverted back into his role as self described pussy hound, what good would he be to anyone as a husband and father?

usemeanytimeusemeanytimeover 4 years ago
Excellent!

I love well-written stories that bring my emotions into play. This story does not only that but made me think as well....about legacies, the difficulties and tragedies of addiction, so many things. Thank you and please keep writing!

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Great story

Thanks for sharing your work.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
Nice

Enjoyed the story, it is very heart warming and refreshing. The only problem was at the end when he was with Kristin and saying she was the one. Who the hell is Kristin? Had to go back a couple of pages to find the one place she is mentioned as being a real-estate agent and good at sucking cock. Seems there was a connection that was missing, or maybe I just didn't get it. Not a big deal as the rest of the story was well done. Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous