What Happens in Orbit Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She felt her ears heat up. "He is- I don't really know what happened. I did have issues with-" Memories of her dream flooded through her. "With, uh, hostility. But it's been under control for a while now." She didn't want to mention the copious amounts of sex, or the eggs. He didn't seem to know about either.

Mar had lied for a reason, whatever it was.

"Some of the crew were worried about that. They'll come around, though. You're clearly not like the other subjects."

Cora crossed her legs, trying to get comfortable. "You said you had to clean up Mission 7?"

"Yep." His tone left no room for questions. "Enough about that." He closed the book and stood. "Say 'ah'."

"Ah?" Cora watched him, confused.

Tai placed a hand on her throat. "Again."

She tried not to shiver. He was being gentle, but it was still setting her off. Why am I like this?

"One more time." His thumb pressed between her carotid and her windpipe.

She complied, jumping when he laughed. "Well, whatever they did to you, it partially worked."

"How do you know?"

He returned to his seat, facing her. "Our children have to be taught to speak like we do. Our," he paused, referring back to the book. "Our vocalizations don't come naturally. Before they sent me up, that's what I did. I taught them."

"And?"

"Either you were born with the right kind of vocal cords, or they changed during the gene therapy. Both should be unlikely." Tai leaned towards her. "You're good at following directions. Let's try this."

Her chest tightened. "It hurt last time."

"Last time?"

Cora took a sip of water. "I did it earlier, accidentally."

"Hm. It shouldn't hurt. Don't force it."

Tai guided her through the process of saying [yes]. It was an easy word, a single note.

Her first attempt ended in a coughing fit, but the second one was promising.

Something clicked. "Wait, I think I figured it out." She tried again, surprised when her voice cooperated with her efforts, painlessly.

"I told you so." He smiled, setting the book down. "May I ask a question?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Why are you hiding this from Mar?"

Her gaze dropped to the ground. That's a good question. "I- Well, I don't want to worry him. Or Tor. They still feel guilty for doing this to me in the first place."

"As they should." Tai leaned forward. "You didn't deserve to go through that."

"Eh." Her shoulders rose and fell. "There's no point in 'should'. I'm here now." He seemed genuinely sad about the way she'd been treated. Cora didn't like this. Pity doesn't do me any good. "Thank you for your help, but I'm gonna go now. And please don't say anything to them."

She didn't wait for a response.

12