What Happens When You're Naughty

Story Info
Implications of Being Told You Are Naughty.
1.7k words
4.47
14.2k
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Oxford (OED) definition of "naughty" is "(1) (especially of children) disobedient; badly behaved and (2) mildly rude or indecent, typically because related to sex."

To my mind, when we use the word "naughty" with respect to anyone, but especially an adult, it means that he or she deserves and will get a spanking. Those who are very naughty receive more severe discipline, including caning, strapping, or in the old days, birching. Stating that someone is naughty means that although an adult, they have behaved childishly.

In Old English--the age of Beowulf--the word meant poor, having nought or nothing. Naught is still used as a synonym for nothing or zero; in Britain, a pupil might receive a grade of naught or zero. The use of the word to mean sexually promiscuous dates to 1869.

Today, naughty carries a whiff of old-fashioned primness, as when someone is told they have been naughty. Most adults thus would be embarrassed if described as naughty. The word, however, is also employed more lightly when someone tells a slightly off-color joke, and they are then told, often with a wink or a leer, that they are being naughty.

I find it arousing when the word is used to tell someone--a bit primly--that they have misbehaved. This use, I suggest, implies that the offender will soon be spanked. So, in my mind, naughty and spanking go together.

I suspect that women in particular sense the possibility of a spanking happening when they or another adult female is labelled a "naughty girl." Naughty girls--and here we are speaking of adult women--are ones who get spanked. This usage applies to naughty males as well, but it comes across as more embarrassing to women, because we presume that they are well-behaved, while that's not regarded as necessarily the case with men, which leads to them being called boys.

The sexual implication is also more evident when speaking of naughty women, because the prospect of their being spanked conjures up images of their panties being exposed, then lowered, so that their bare bottoms are on view. Those observing, even if not true voyeurs, know that when the spanking starts, a woman's genitals may also be exposed.

Two related terms are also associated with spanking. A person told they are naughty may have to stand on their "naughty spot." This is a particular place, often in the main room--the living room, where those in the home are likely to see them there. They also may have to raise their skirt, lower their slacks of trousers, and then pull down their underpants, followed by their clasping their hands above their heads.

They may not be told for how long they must stand on the naughty spot, although those who describe how corporal punishment should proceed, usually recommend 15 minutes to a half hour. In general, they are strictly ordered not to move, and they may not leave the spot for any reason, including use of the toilet. Being on display, especially if exposed by having underpants pulled down, is always embarrassing, and often humiliating for the adult standing on the spot, who has been put in the first stage of what will result in an embarrassing punishment.

A stricter punishment than standing on the naughty spot is to go into the naughty corner. Usually, one must face the corner, sometimes being told to make one's nose touch the place where the two walls meet. This means that anyone passing by will first notice their bared bottom and their underpants pulled down below their bottom, or to their knees or ankles.

Again, movement is banned. Some disciplinarians may augment the embarrassment by attaching a tail to the offender's bottom, where, alternatively, it may be inserted. A painful ancillary punishment is to have the offender kneel on rice grains placed under his or her knees.

An object such as a book may be placed on the head to discourage any movement, since immediate punishment may follow if the object falls to the ground. This result also emphasizes that the offender has failed in the prescribed assignment, which was to hold the object on his or her head.

Sometimes instead of standing on the naughty spot or ordered into the naughty corner, a naughty woman or man may be told to "assume the position." If they place themselves on a surface--such as a bed or a couch--on all fours, then those who see them will know that their bared bottom will soon be castigated. As this is more commonly a position for caning or strapping, the expectation may be that the offender is going to be awarded one of those punishments. Often, the punishment implement may first be placed on the naughty one's bared bottom to make it absolutely clear why they have assumed this exposed position.

The disciplinarian will place a strong, usually armless, chair prominently in the room, allowing plenty of room for them to sit and have the offender lie across their lap. The naughty person who will get spanked, for this is a classic spanking position, may have to move or position the chair for its use by the spanker. It will be especially hurtful for the spankee to have to place a thick cushion on the chair for the increased comfort of the spanker.

Sometimes the naughty one brings the punishment implement, if one is to be used, from where it is kept to the living room and places it on the spanking chair. This indicates to those observing just how he or she will be punished. The implement may hang on the wall in a prominent place in the home--in the kitchen or the bedroom of the one to be punished, or even in the living room itself as a constant reminder that if their behavior is not impeccable, even naughty adults will be disciplined with the implement. This is especially common with paddles, including those decorated for use in a fraternity, sorority, or other fraternal order.

He or she may go to his or her room to put on a punishment uniform or prescribed "naughty clothing." This costume is intended to be humiliating and shameful. For example, a woman may put on tight girly panties and a very short skirt that exposes her panties as well as a vest and plain white shirt without a bra. She will wear little white socks and plain brown Oxford shoes. A naughty man will wear short pants and put on pink panties or bloomers which will be on display when his shorts come down.

Naughty adults may get spanked over their panties since it is embarrassing for them even to expose their panties, and for all to see him or her treated as a younger person, who requires and must submit to physical discipline. Special panties may be worn when being spanked may have a number such as 20, 50, or 100 cut out on the seat so that the number will appear in red on their bottom after the spanking is completed.

Sometimes the punisher may initiate a catechism which the naughty one must memorize:

--Why are you standing here with your panties or undershorts pulled down to your knees?

--Because I was naughty, Miss [or Sir].

--And what happens to people who are naughty?

--They get spanked, Miss.

--How many spanks do you think you deserve for being naughty?

--As many as you find necessary, Miss.

--Should you be spanked firmly or lightly?

--You should decide how hard the spanks should be, Miss. You will decide how naughty I was and what kind of spanking will correct my bad behavior.

--And why were you required to stand on your naughty spot before coming to me for your spanking?

--I needed to focus on how I had been naughty and how I intend to improve my conduct, Miss.

--What will happen if you are still naughty and misbehave again?

--I know you are likely to spank me, or even give me a caning or strapping, Miss.

--Have I ever had to cane you?

--Yes, Miss.

--Did it hurt more than a spanking would?

--Yes, Miss, but a hard spanking hurts a lot, too.

--What happens if I tell you to count the spanks or strokes?

--I must say the number of the spank or stroke, thank you for it, and ask you for another one, Miss.

--What happens if you miss saying the count or if you miscount?

--You may decide to start the spanking or caning at the beginning with Spank 1 or Stroke 1, Miss.

--What happens if you argue with me about missing the count?

--Normally, a punishment will be doubled. Other punishments may also be imposed, such as application of a stinging solution to the bottom.

--What happens if you ask to be excused during the spanking to go to the bathroom?

--You are not permitted to be excused for the toilet once a spanking has begun.

--What happens to naughty people after they are spanked?

--They receive a hug, Miss, and must then go to bed immediately, even if it is only 4:00 P.M.

--Are you allowed to rub your bottom after I spank you?

--No, Miss, and I must ask you to permit me to pull up my panties [or undershorts]. If I had been wearing tight panties, control panties, or shapewear, I still must pull them up.

--Are you expected to apologize for your naughtiness when I spank you?

--Yes, Miss, first, I must apologize to you for being naughty just before I lie across your lap for my spanking. You will expect to hear from me exactly how I was naughty. Then I must apologize to those watching for disturbing them by my needing a spanking now in front of them.

--Are you ready now for your spanking?

--Yes, Miss, and thank you for bothering yourself to correct me on my naughty bottom.

In sum, it strikes me that the use of the word "naughty" in connection with a forthcoming spanking emphasizes that the person has behaved in a childish manner and conveys a tone of sexual correction by the baring of the bottom and consequent exposure of private parts. The addition of ancillary "naughty" adjuncts such as the naughty spot, the naughty corner, and naughty clothing add to the significance of the whole theme of correcting naughtiness that is so strongly associated with spanking.