All Comments on 'What I Don't Understand'

by Goldeniangel

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments (Page 2)
FoolishdancerFoolishdanceralmost 9 years ago

These were excellent points. I rarely comment, but always vote. I have not written and agree that unless one has made the effort to create then one has no platform to criticize those who do, unless the errors are such that the story cannot be read. I for one thank you for all your stories.

merrySMmerrySMover 8 years ago
The Haters, that's all

They are the hall monitors of the world with nothing better to do than criticize. There are builders and there are destroyers and they fall into the destroyer category. Ignore them, they don't 'exist'.

PS Goldeniangel, I am female as well and love your stories.

redheadedangel6769redheadedangel6769over 8 years ago
Oh hell Yeah!

Needles to say I am NOT a writer hell i am lucky i can write my grocery list! But I do love to read, and if I can see the story in my head and feel what the characters are feeling than awesome i give a high rating...But to tell someone that they are sick because of what the story is about than its the reader that is sick cause they are the one reading the stories that they obviously don't enjoy, or do they? Maybe they are just upset at themselves because they got off on the story, or jealous that it's a fantasy of there's and to scared to act on it...all in all they are haters....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hell yeah!

I agree with everything you’ve said. Most of the comments I leave are dedicated in part to the negative comments left by lazy, ignorant, unappreciative jerks. I can’t believe how stupid some of the Lit readers are. If it’s torture to read a story, STOP READING IT! I fear there are plenty of good Lit authors who have quit because of comments that are hurtful. Goldeniangel, thank you so much for the huge number of stories you’ve shared with us, and for the quality of your work.

Barry

NthusiasticallyNthusiasticallyover 8 years ago
Brava!

Well written as always and to the point. Your tales may be a bit short for my taste but they are, without fail, always clever and nicely crafted. Thank you.

Absinth3Absinth3about 8 years ago
Oh hell yeah!

And to Mr. "Quit Your Bitching": you are truly a moron. We do appreciate you attempting to personify this story for us but it was a wasted effort since the brain the brain is overwhelmed by and thus ignores text typed in all capitals. On top of that, you contradicted yourself in your comments. No wonder you weren't brave enough to sign your name. Go home little chicken.

Gaius8666Gaius8666almost 8 years ago
Well said!

And I will add my own 2 cents to your excellent essay. I remain perpetually amused by someone (always Anonymous) who chooses to comment on Chapt 39 of a very long series about how "awful" it is. Especially when they have made similar comments on every chapter beforehand.

This must be some sort of weird masochism at work. If I read chapter 1 of something I did not like, I would not then read chapter 2, much less chapter 30. There is a special charge these people must get from this bizarre trolling that I will never understand, but, I always find it funny. In a strange way, I take a certain pride in coaxing some of the trolls out from under their rocks.

RunsAmokRunsAmokover 7 years ago
Well said!

I wrote a long response agreeing heartily and rebutting several arguments by those who think their toxic comments are a god's gift to mankind. Then I realized I was simply inflaming the issue. So instead I'll say: well said, Angel.

de_grde_grover 7 years ago
written with emotion

In my experience the comments I have received in literotica were fair.

The most aggresive came by people that really like a catergory and think that my story didn't fit there. I don't have a problem with that.

What I don't like are one line or one word comments that don't explain anything to the writer.

If you as a reader don't write what you didn't like how can the writer know?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Hell yeah!

You said it just perfect.

Sometimes i read others comments on completing a story and i feel angry on behalf of the author.

Constructive criticism maybe, blatantly rude and insulting...damn god complex to think they have that right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Want an amateur psychologists' opinion?

Ok here goes. I reckon some of those who read a story in a category that has been clearly flagged and then post comments describing the author as sick, depraved or worse are really struggling with the fact that these stories actually appeal to them and secretly turn them on. They won't admit it to themselves that their true feelings go against what they were perhaps taught to feel. That's my tuppence worth, now I'm off to read Angel's stories which I hope I find to be not so sick but at least a little depraved. Either way, I suspect they will be well written and constructed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
hell yeah

Absolutely. Thanks for all your stories. I've read several of your stories. And I am bookmarking your story page.

Thanks for all your time and effort.

chucksavedchucksavedover 4 years ago
Content of their character

You all recognize the quote from Dr. Martin Luther King, I'm certain. The complete thing is his hope for his children.

" . . . my children be judged, not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Simply put, his dream was that his children be judged by the proper criteria because that's what really matters since you're getting judged anyway. A better way to put it would be what do you believe about the people you come across? Everything you learn about another is technically a judgement. Do I trust this person to cut me open and save my life? If he has a stethoscope, sure. If he smells like he's pissed & shit himself while smoking a meth pipe wandering aimlessly across the freeway in a pink tutu, fuck no! I wouldn't trust his imaginary voices either! If a man secretly fucks another man's wife, do I trust him around mine? absofuckinglutely not! I said all that because I'm one of those who will say "this character was a piece of shit"

Don't you know that hating a hate worthy character is a compliment to the author? Sometimes I've read stories where there isn't a likable motherfucker in the entire thing. I'm writing a story like that now. Hell, the damn thing is being narrated by Satan, how likable you think any of those assholes are going to be?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
how do i find only writers of stories i want to read?

isn't there some way, that we readers can find a list of writers that refuse to write about dads, husbands, men in general, being, wimps, crybabies, all that bullshit?

the ones where the writers tell you when he finds his wife cheating, no matter how long she has been doing it, or how many she is doing, it's got to be his fault, he has to get her back, and spends 8 chapters trying. or, writer, sucks us in, by starting out ok then gets pussy whipped by we have wasted several minutes. all we want is a writer that we can count on, that will not back down, leave us wondering what happened, we want a clear kick ass ending, not only lover pays, but SHE pays, and anyone that helped her pays, and we know the writer is going to take us there. we want to be able to smile when we reach the end. so many times we cuss for the time we have wasted but we can't guess by the tease the writer gives us as to where the story is going, sometimes the writes tell us before hand what to expect so we can skip, but not often. we readers should be able to compile a list of writers that writer different plots but don't ever make men pussies, because for sure the majority, of writers on Literotica are first class men haters. lots of time, i wonders if they are Lesbians in disguise, or just a big bunch or gay blades, but i promise you, they are not men i've been around hundreds if not thousands of men in sports, business, all kinds of activities, and nobody i ever knew wanted to watch another man fuck his woman or would back out meekly when he saw it happen, and all the crap that is written. so, please, help us, point me to a list of writers for men.

atenaiatenaiabout 4 years ago
Hell yeah!

You were the first author I favorited when I joined the site, and somehow I never read this piece. Now that I have, I just wanted to thank you on behalf of those of us who LOVE your stories and probably don't comment or send feedback as often as the jackasses of the world. So many jackasses.

Please know, from the bottom of my heart, that your stories have moved me, turned me on, and made me keep writing, whether I posted it on Lit or not. I love your work, and I'm really glad the jackasses didn't make you give up on your readers entirely. Because we like getting off to your awesome stories.

PS - Chris Hemsworth is a sex god and I read that every time I come to your stories page. XD

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To Anonymous "dear author" (near the top)

I can assure you that you buying some petty number of products doesn't make you important, and as an avid and faithful reader of Literotica, I am here to read the stories, not your egocentric drivel that I can certainly live without. Reading stories by authors like Goldeniangel is a priviledge. Your opinions are not.

puma0916@hotmail.com

jenellesljenelleslalmost 3 years ago

I have found someone who agrees with my assessment of comments. So many anonymous take to negative and nasty language. And why do we never find out how superb their writing is?

I try to praise in public. I also try to remember to log in so people know a bit of who I am. Most of my comments with negatives are sent via email.

I do have an issue with language and grammar. First off, my language is American, though I can sometimes fake English. My big challenge is having been an editor for twelve years. Please, keep up your writing. If you can, don't be afraid to get an editor to look things over. Well done.

Client8Client8over 2 years ago

I for one am glad you brought this out. And your right, you'll never understand why people think they way they do, re: why read a story you know will offend? Answer: morbid fascination, then guilt, denial and finally anger, at you, for writing a story they love to hate. Sound like a familiar pattern? It is, and its called denying a problem, like sexual hangups. Now we see the connection.

Once again, i feel your pain, and apparently, by the looks of the many kindred responses, so does many a frustrated writer, of which i am one.

Client8Client8over 2 years ago

And another thing: I too am not appreciative of the E.B. Shrunks wannabees who feel obligated to dis a story cuz it's got too typos for their liking. It's (likely) amateur fantasy fiction, stupid!

dmallorddmallordover 2 years ago

Hell Yeah, right back at you! This was a wonderful rant! I am relatively new to Literotica.com and have a few stories that seemed to be well received, but as you note, there are some comments that just 'raise my hackles' and come from anons or someone who hasn't made an effort to try writing their own stories! Having poured my heart into my first epic novel of 17 pages, one ingrate remarked 'that being good at putting words together doesn't justify 17 pages of dribble ... no idea what that meant to the writer, but it sure let some wind of out my writing sails for a while. - I got over it. But more to the point, I see that you haven't let them get to you! Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am adding this comment anonymously for no other reason than I am an author here and have no desire to be hunted by trolls. (yes that's sad but true), I will say I have over 100 works posted on Literotica and have been writing here for over 20 years so have had my fair share of feedback.

I was researching this section as I am thinking of writing one for here and wondered what authors wrote. I came across this piece and as I read found myself agreeing with so many of the words, muttering under my breath, "Yes that's right," and "wow that has happened to me." I was shocked when I scrolled through the comments to see that this was written over 17 years ago and I can tell you... nothing has changed.

Like many writers, we accept the fact that not everyone will like what we write and some of the criticism is justified. However, when someone goes out of their way to seek out something they know they will hate just to have a rant, that worries me about society.

What I would say to you Goldeniangel is what my friends say to me when I get a nasty comment, "ignore the haters and keep writing, lots enjoy your work, just look at your ratings." I know that is sound advice and looking at the numbers you have written it looks like something you have done, so well done sister. I also know how much nasty comments can sting and for that, I am sending you a big HUG.

mattpantyhosemattpantyhose11 months ago

I had always been certain that "Loving Wives category is about women who love their husbands dearly". I had never read any story from that category, so I had no chance to learn about my mistake until today. :D Shouldn't the category be renamed to "Hot Wives" though?

But that thing aside, I have mostly the opposite experience with comments on Literotica. Or to be more specific - the lack of those. Sure, I had had a few hateful comments here and there, I even found some of them rather amusing, like "This is horrible, you should stop writing." But the number of hateful comments is a small percentage of all comments, and there are very few of those in general.

I'm simply upset by the lack of any reaction from most readers. Someone had told me that Chyoa is better in that regard, so I posted my stories there as well, but it turned out that readers there also don't leave comments. Oh well, maybe that's just how reading erotica goes.

But to return to your topic...

We are all just perverts here, on our own device. ;-)

BiologoBiologo9 months ago

I haven’t posted stories here but empathize with your situation. Without in any way excusing the boorish feedback, I can suggest a way that some of those readers end up reading from a category they detest: contests.

I have learned before reading a contest entry to visit the author’s story page first to see what genre it has been assigned. Having failed to do that in the past I have read a few stories I found abhorrent; no, I didn’t unload my vented spleen on the writer. Why Literotica doesn’t always (ever?) include genres in the seasonally themed events I don’t know but it may be the reason some people read stuff they hate. What they do with that hate is on them, though, not the site or you.

I’ve learned to avoid the cruelty and degradation—especially where it seems to be prolonged and indulged for its own sake—but I won’t judge what I don’t understand, especially if it assists you or others process demons.

VerbalAbuseVerbalAbuse8 months ago

people enjoys themselves leaving comments.

if you cannot grant them that, disable commenting.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGoldeniangel@Goldeniangel
12604 Followers
For my erotic romance newsletter - https://smarturl.it/AngelNewsletter For my erotica / fetish / dark romance newsletter - https://smarturl.it/SinistreNewsletter Website: www.goldenangelromance.com You may notice some of my stories have disappeared... some of them will be s...