All Comments on 'What If'

by chilleywilley

Sort by:
  • 103 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 10 years ago
part sweet, 2 parts sour, 3 parts Infuriating closes with a twist of heartbreak leaving faint aftertaste of ennui

Well the usual superlatives apply to a cutting edge Chilley story. I laughed, I sighed. My forehead made scrunchy lines as I tried to follow his nuances and marital shades of grey and grace. Usually, in his non-reconciling conclusions , the narrator is disheatened by end of marriage, but largely pang-free in dispensing with cheating wife. 

Not so this time, a new level has been achieved. I would have loved an epilogue showing how this attitude worked out for Karen. Chris is going to be fine though, of that much I'm sure. Classic and yet edgy story in so many facets. Note to Literotica : please fix rating system, so this story's excellence can be more tangible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

a whore is a whore is a whore and since your guy let her get away with it

shit is still shit is still shit and this story is a pile of it

a big fat fucking ONE

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
WHEN ITS OVER, ITS OVER

the reasons matter no longer, TK U MLJ LV NV no stars mlj

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Fantastic!

A great analysis of a tough situation. The funny thing is that she knew when she married him who he was, she hid who she was. In that, there was deceit. 5* (The Stars are not working)

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 10 years ago
Violence or No violence

Hubby is a man in the greater sense of the word. What would violence prove? Verbal violence would not change his wife to something he can live with. I would disagree with one statement made in the story. That of society shaming women who want multiple partners. Just as western society looks down on Muslim and Mormon beliefs about multiple wives, we also look down on multiple sex partners. In an age were sexual diseases can be fatal this is a correct mannerism for society to have. We do not shame women so much as hold a double standard where this activity is concerned. There is no male equivalent to slut or whore. But in the technical sense Karen is a whore. She fucks her boss for money. All of the worst traits in western women can be found in Karen. She is a beta female. Money and personal sexual gratification are her only goals. She does not love her husband because if she did then she would respect the vows she took when she married him. Her husband on the other hand shows that while he can no longer trust or live with her he still loves her enough to let her follow her desired path through life, no recrimination just separation. And that is why he shows the very best traits of the western male. I would give this a ***** rating it the site would allow me to vote.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
4/5 because while he may have felt justified in his assault, he wasnt.

And he should be in prison. In that respect, he has the same morals as his wife and he just took her to ask for them. What she did was wrong and it is clear that divorce is the only option, likewise what he did was wrong. One punch, sure. But what he did did was vicious and if Karen has to pay a price, so should he.

After all, this story is about justice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
only this

In the true world this violance (hospitalizing injure) is prison punishment, it may be 1 year prison, which is suspended for 3-5 years, but after trial he would get this punishment. 5*****, (if the vote system could work) because he will divorce her, but he was civil with her.............

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Nicely Executed

It is a typical Chilleywilley story, one of the best. What amazes me is the size of the party. The idea being that everyone is OK with this and our protagonist, like some of us, is Gulliver....

She is not even a touch ashamed of herself.....

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 10 years ago
Excellent story

Brilliant plot, well written. One of the few stories I've given 5 stars.

And just begging for a sequel....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I think it interesting....

that the point of the story WASN"T the cheating, or the swinging intent of wifey...with a hubby blindsided enough to react with violence and divorce (I mean, this topic wasn't presented to have the reader pass judgment on whether those involved in these scenarios were wrong or who was right). Sure all of the aforementioned happened in this story, BUT.....the MAIN theme here was to be an exploration of a thoughtful hubby, realizing just what the REAL definition of "irreconcilable differences" is. The revelation at the end, where they both have to accept that to proceed in trying to change or mold the other partner to one world view vs. the other, would be an exercise in further pain and futility. Breaking up BEFORE kids are introduced is the ONLY logical and responsible action to take, with two people who are too stubborn to change. I think you made it clear that they will both mourn the loss of the marriage, (even though she was hell bent on being a bitch about it until the end). It proves that maturity and wisdom are the best tactics to use when trying to open up the eyes of someone in denial. He was effective because he realized he didn't have to try and change her mind, he just had to get her to accept that he wouldn't be changing his either.

If this story could have been improved, it might have included a little more background towards their courtship, but I admit that maybe this actually wouldn't have helped (if it made the story ponderous with unimportant details). But I have to wonder, was there a reason he didn't know her better? Had she deceived him early on, leading him to believe she was something different than she really was? OR, did he marry her anyway, originally thinking that he COULD change her, just as she must have hoped that she could change him? He wasn't completely clueless (very refreshing change from the norm), in as much that this story outlines her escalating attempts to "loosen up" his "prudish" values. He was well aware of what she was trying to do, and it seems that for awhile he WAS satisfied with his own attempts to control it. He was aware of the potential dangers at her job, even if he WAS unaware that she actually HAD fucked to get her bonuses. He still trusted her, and she was careful to hide it. Of course, probably she was ALWAYS in denial of her true nature, not wanting others to view her as a slut, etc. and especially him. But, that didn't prevent her downward spiral, and her ultimate hope to gain his acceptance of her "libertine" POV. I always wish we had more of the woman's mindset, to analyze and study, but I realize that this is very hard for a writer to pull off, and make compelling, without resorting to stereotypes, and gender biased assumptions.

Chilly, I think you did a great job! I always appreciate a story that makes me think. Great to see a new one from you. Thanks again, 4*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Nothing and no one here good to cheer for...

Can't see how anyone could or would think this was a great story. Different strokes, I guess.

'nuff said.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
politely put, ditch the bitch

she is a professional prostitute, why be married

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
Well written story....

Loved the plot. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
he was right

she just didn't get it.

The most likable character in the story was the contractor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Nice

CW,

Good story. Nice, a little sad, but nice. Five stars for sure.

Matt Moreau

MajorRewriteMajorRewritealmost 10 years ago
Heh

The party host reportedly has explosive diaherria and is taken bleeding to the hospital, but the guests stay for dessert and whatever? Hard core!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Sad, but...

The cucks won't understand his moral position.

The BTB'ers would prefer more pain to the wife.

But ultimately, this is more realistic than either.

Just pain and sorrow.

YathinkYathinkalmost 10 years ago
Why bother?

When she jumped in the pool, my response would have been "if you get home quickly enough, you will be able to pack your own shit. But give me 30 minutes and it will ALL be in the landfill" as I walked away with her party clothes in my hands.

No need for the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Enjoyed

Thus was a good treatment for many of the issues of the day, and way more common than people think. I'm just glad the isuue was resolved before children were involved. Nice , well told story...Thanks

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Husband is correct - rational course of action albiet painful

Best part of the story was what he told the perp whilst waiting for them ambulance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

more chapters

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
No such thing

as a PhD in teaching.

Still a good story, well told with a realistic conclusion. Well done.

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 10 years ago
Well thought out story

with an interesting point. Marriage is often the result of mutual compromises, but what do you do when the gulf between the two respective people is too great to gloss over or for one to give in and let the other have their way.

The only question that strikes me is: why didn't the protagonist notice this BEFORE they got married? I guess that is one of the reasons for longer courtships — a chance to evaluate your potential partner in greater depth.

Thanks for the story!

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
Very good

I would have liked to have known a bit more about Karen's relationship to her work colleagues and what Chris knew about it before the party. Enjoyable all the same. (sorry; the voting is not working)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

What the fuck is up with all the "shit on the husband and try your hardest to make him look like a wimp/loser stories"?

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 10 years ago
Good Writing

You keep the reader's interest flowing along with your story. Agreeing with the morals of the characters is irrelevant; enjoying the read is everything. Leading the couple to the realisation that they were not compatible, in such an entertaining way, would get five stars if the site's owner hadn't frosen me from voting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
To anon who thinks there are no PhDs in education, you are WRONG.

Plenty of US universities offer them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Really needs a followup.

She should suffer the consequences of her life style and he should profit from having a set of morals and a back bone.Should sue her company and her lover for big bucks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Rubbish

Lets see.....She lies to her husband for the whole time she's been at that Insurance Company. She tries to physiologically manipulate him on a vacation towards accepting swinging(instead of just enjoying each other's company at a nice resort.) She has sex with men for money,and lets other men touch her. But hold on just one minute! She's not a whore!!? We call that Narcissistic Personality Disorder.She insults his views and moral values....which,by the way, most of the free world uses. When braced with the facts of what she's done to the marriage,it's "I earn more than you,so if I can't fuck my boss and others,than leave'. Yet,during the whole post swing party debate, he tries to reason with her? This goes against the type of man that would attack her supervisor in the bathroom. Is it the husband that's bi-polor in this story,or is it the author(chilleywilley)? -BGunns

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
***

Break camp, Chris. Haul your ass outa there, mui pronto! Hope there's a sequel. I've liked it thus far. Cheers!

stinger82stinger82almost 10 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed it

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you all

Nearly all of you commenters got the point. Relationships are a journey of discovery, and both husband and wife change. Good point on Karen's moral compass before marriage. It's all fiction, but I kind of assumed she figured out Chris was straight laced, and given his other qualities, it was something she could live with. But as things developed...she couldn't. She wanted what she wanted. I didn't mean for her to come off shrew like, just a woman who doesn't take shit, and when attacked, fought back. Plus she truly felt that what she did was no big deal, because screwing the boss had no great attraction to her, it was an accommodation, one of those things you do.

There was also in her mind, a great difference between spouse swapping, which she greatly looked forward to, and doing her boss, which was about as pleasurable to her as getting her teeth cleaned.

Chilley

.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Well, there certainly was a lot of fiction in this story and it wasn't confined to the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good story!

When only one in a partnership decide to go in another direction, they should have the decency to explain to the other partner. That way if both aren't willing to move in the same direction, the split can be amicable.

She saw no problem with being a business whore, he saw a problem with his wife whoring herself out. Case dismissed!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 10 years ago
chilly I think you missing the point as to WHY os many readers view the wife as shrew / whore

I think you are missing the point about why so many readers saw the the wife character as whore and a shrew . It wasnt that she simply could not or would not hide her sexual needs and tendencies any longer in the marriage.

It was the fact that she was unable to see or consider what her sexual demands and needs and desires.. looked like from his point of view. THAT is what killed the marriage and THAT is why this is completely the wife's fault.

She is who she is and one could make the case that it is not fair to the wife for her to suppress are tendencies if that's what she was really wants and needs. But she was married. And how he views her changes in her sexual needs and desires needs to be taken into consideration.

The fact that she was completely unwilling to do so is what killed the marriage and why so many readers view the wife as a shrew and a whore.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 10 years ago
Unbalanced relationship

It seems like Karen makes temporary accommodations to tolerate Chris until she can remake him as she wants. Remember the adage of how foolish you are if you think you are going to significantly "change" your spouse. For the big things, what you see is what you get. Further, Karen's attitude is extreme. A guy who is cool with nude beaches, a little feeling up with other couples, even accepting an "adult swim" is NOT is any way a "prude". Karen is yet another woman who thinks what SHE wants is all that matters. What if she liked to snort cocaine or to have sex with little boys? Should Chris be accommodating of that? There used to be laws against adultery. The laws didn't go away because it's OK to commit adultery. They went away because the legal system couldn't manage personal relationships so they abdicated justice in favor of expediency.

Chris has many conversations with her outlining his limits. JUST THE TWO OF THEM when it comes to sex. Meanwhile he successfully stretches himself in many ways and they have a lot of fun.

She IS a whore. She gets paid for fucking her boss. She likes to rationalize it as being a necessary part of the business. But only the women have to put out. The guys actually have to kickback part of their bonus money. She kicks back with her body.

So who is rigid and inflexible here? The woman who does exactly as she pleases and is angry at suggestions that she limit herself to reasonable behavior? Or the man who tries a lot of new things and shows tolerance for other things that his wife does.

The author tries to paint this as a "that's just the way she is" issue. But Karen isn't a very good person. The ruthlessness she uses in business is applied to her marriage as well. I WILL get what I want, SCREW you over, and you will be GRATEFUL for the screwing. Well, Chris isn't the sap that her business associates are. The way she is, is a bitch.

It's nice that Chris can just walk away. Why shouldn't be get 50% of the money? When a guy earns all the money, everyone seems to think the wife, who may just be too lazy to work, deserves half. In this case, being a sap is made out to be noble. It's not, he is stupid. The only thing that keeps him from being a wimp is that he kicked the crap out of Ivar.

BTTapBTTapalmost 10 years ago
Good job

The editing could have used some more effort, but I thought the story was well-constructed. I appreciated what chilley was trying to do, but I have to agree that the wife came off as a bit of a bitch. I get that she was a strong personality with a sense of independence and a fiery personality. I get that she had different base values than the hubby, and I think the author develops that well. But, for her to be that much of a counter-puncher after getting busted for cheating on hubby for years with her asshole boss for money suggests that she is profoundly clueless about the moral compass of the vast majority of the Western world or she is completely inconsiderate of her husband's feelings. So, the author paints her as an imbecile or a bitch. Since she presumably not the first, it is tough for the author to portray her as anything but the second.

I've found this true in almost every story which tries to show the unapologetic cheating wife who honestly doesn't think she is doing anything wrong yet still professes to love her husband. In never quite adds up.

Still, good try.

x_witless_xx_witless_xalmost 10 years ago
Believe me Chilley

It's way tougher breaking up when she's everything ya ever dreamed of - but it's you ain't the one for her. Oh yeah it happens to the best of us.

Well writ..thanks. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I once had a pretty woman that I was thinking about marrying...

...even though she had two children with two different fathers. She turned out to think nothing of fucking a man just because he had a dick and she happened to be horny at the time. We broke up and I did not see her for a year, we ran into her and I started treating her like just another woman to fuck. Unfortunately she fell for me and I was indifferent, just using her to fuck. We parted friends, she moved out of state and married a nice man and was happy, she said. That was the last I heard from her. I never fell for another woman for over thirty years. I wish her luck, wherever she is but I know that I am better off now than I would have been with a woman that loved variety as much as she did. She had one of the best asses I have ever seen on a white woman, LOL. Let the wandering women wander. Bf

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
About Chilly's tale...

Certainly a five; well written and fun to read but...

I had trouble with the idea of a group of business people and their spouses all agreeing to the party you described.

I also disapproved of the fighting in the bathroom. Chris saw what he saw, and he certainly understood its significance. Why would he risk jail over something like that? To be sure, I didn't think he went into some kind of blind rage.

Those two pieces aside I appreciated the story and its deeper meaning. I feel bad for Chris, but I feel worse for his spouse. In my opinion she's headed for an unhappy end, then again who knows. It would be interesting to see where the two of them are in fifteen years. Has he found the woman he wants. Has she maneuvered her way to a position of invulnerability in the company? Imagine an informal reunion at say a party; she's a central figure in the company and he's a married family man. What might they say to each other? Would there be any regrets. On the face of it I think both would feel a tinge of regret.

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
a second thought and comment...

Having finished this story I thought to check out the rest of Chilly's material. What a surprise! I've read most of his stuff and enjoyed them all immensely, but for some reason his name has been under my radar. My stupidity I suppose. Chilly for a LW writer you're first tier! You're right there with Rehnquist and Francis MacComber.

I had to say that. Thanks for the whole collection.

oldguyfloldguyflalmost 10 years ago
A problem with the theme

I guess I have a problem with the whore wife theme. It's OK for the man to fuck around but not the wife, that is the theory in our society. From what I see all these stories have that theme and I can't agree with it. Not saying you are wrong if you do just that I can't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
3*s

Good effort. Don't stop writing you get better with practice . Would have enjoyed

how the wife's basic belief system changed from the time as a teacher to that of a money is #1 claims-adjuster. I mean you missed a bet there Story would have greater

depth. She would have been more of a sympathetic character. But maybe you didn't

want that occurrence .lt would have been a longer, more complex story.

That's what happens when your in a hurry, lol

AMerryMan

Alex101111Alex101111almost 10 years ago

I thought it was really good. Bit of work can be done on the writing, but I really really liked your male lead character, he was realistic, lifelike and a real person, not a jokey witty perfection as many 'good' guys are. I liked his wife too, until you slightly ruined her at the end (though with all due respect many women actually do react in this manner when gently confronted) - it would have been nicer I think if they tried briefly and went their separate ways after realising it wouldn't work - like what he did but for both of them. Overall, I thought it was really good, I'd love you to keep writing.

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 10 years ago
That was a fine tale

I enjoyed it very much. I like the way he explained their differences in beliefs. He put her down as bad for him, but maybe right for someone of less character. A slam, but not a slam. Of course there was no going back. Thank you for the read.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Excellent

Great tale. Honest and forthright. She was too liberal with her affections being a married woman and he was a normal man with aspirations of love and faithfulness. She was motivated by money gotten at any cost and he wanted to be a family oriented husband motivated by happiness and love. It wasn't in the cards for their marriage to endure. The story lays it out perfectly.

Personally I would like to see a sequel where each does their own thing and see who achieves happiness. Of course I think she would come crawling back crying about her mistakes and how she would never do it again. His retort is to tell her to fuck off.

Alas that's just my fantasy of a happy ending in this case.

Anyway...

Five Big Stars

Danger09Danger09almost 10 years ago
"held each other and cried"--really?!

Lol! Get the fuck out of here. What are you on?

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Just a little too civilized for my taste.

But great revenge on Asshole! I agree with Danger on this one, though. That line was right out of a Hallmark movie. At least he didn't take her back at the end. Well written as usual, Chilley. It was entertaining.

5 Solid Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Really Bad Spelling

.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
would be nice if she died of AIDS

or some very bad STD after being fired. Will he be sued by the big bos? How will it end. You need a second chapter

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
BREAKING UP ISNT HARD TO DO

given the right incenatives. TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Money

If she makes more, why SHOULDN'T he get some of it?

God knows that if HE made more he would be paying her!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
It will never work for her -

She does not have looser morals she has none beyond the almighty dollar -

He is well rid of her - and the story was a good object lesson - get while the getting is good and go the other way to happiness.

She will never really find it just as Ivar can;t find it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
sorry the definition of a whore is taking money for sex, that was what she did

she is a company whore, she stated there was no problem with diseases, just how did she determine this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
a follow up

would be gold with the story revolving on her life after the divorce.. Some women really do just love sex and dont care about finding love or settling down but most women do want love. It'd be interesting to read a follow up on her say 3-4 years down the road as she gets older and finds that flings with guys who dont care about her arent as great as she thought.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Goodbye

She is only concerned about money and looks at sex as a way to advance her career. There are no redeeming values with her she doesn't understand the pain she causes with the disrespect she treats her husband.

The case of her wanting to stay at the party after her husband beats the hell out of her boss? This guy would have thrown her in a car and left does not make sense.

bayernhoerlbayernhoerlover 8 years ago
dümmste Geschichte aller Zeiten

Er lässt seine Maske fallen und bekennt sich offen zu seinem cuckold Status. Zudem ist er ja noch ein erbärmlicher wimp. Wer? Der Author natürlich. Oder wer könntesonst blödsinnigeren Quatsch von sich geben?Die Tiefen seiner krankhaften Einstellung sind in dieser Geschichte offenbart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"Dies a lonely broken slut"

Creed of the Closet Cuckold.

Learn it, love it, live it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

All this author's stories feature absolutely idiotic wives. And he really is incapable of using quotes right. This one has a half-assed shitty ending too.

duckyaceduckyacealmost 8 years ago

God what a piss poor ending u start out good then u piss the shit away

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

When are you and your editor/s going to learn how to spell CLOTHES, you spell it wrong in every story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A realy idiotic story and pathetic opinions by that author!!! MINUS 5*!!!

Only laughable what a looser of author that man is!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wife is absolutely a whore...

She has sex with the boss for a bonus check and job - that makes her a whore.

She knew in advance - even before their vacation - what would be happening at this party and she never warned him because she didn't want to give him a chance to say no.

There's nothing redeemable, even likable, about this coldhearted bitch. When he tells her he's leaving her, her response is rage and this warning; "If you think you are getting my money, you're wrong, I've worked too hard..."

Anyone can see that she's been "paying her dues" and "working hard" by spreading her legs for quite some time. I just don't understand why her husband CRIES about leaving her!? Her actions and attitude should have been more than enough to shock him out of loving her - and contrary to what we see in a lot of stories - it's very easy to fall out of love. Indeed, you fall out a whole lot quicker than you fell in. Sure, it'll hurt, but there's a fine line between love and hate - and this girl isn't someone you want to turn your back on, let alone love.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

I rarely see such pathetic drivel.

The cheating cunt insults the pussywhipped husband every chance she can and the pissant makes excuse after excuse for her over and over and over again.

Even at the end the utter contempt and disrespect she has, still has him saying "she can't help it" and even though what she did with her boss is the VERY definition of a whore, you still had him say she wasn't one.

This is I think the third story with this recurring theme.

You willey, are one fucked up beta male, female dominated, cuck loving, dipshit.

This story should be scored in the negative. And last one I try reading.

Abysmal is an understatement

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
THE LOVE GENERATION IS REBORN

in some individuals in all types of society. TK U MLJ LV NV

RePhilRePhilover 7 years ago
Terrible ending

This story needed a powerful ending to save it. Unfortunately it does in the last couple paragraphs. So much potential. Liked the pace though.

SimepopSimepopabout 7 years ago
Ending sucked

What RePhil said, there was no ending, no resolution. What T.S. Elliot said, not with a bang, but a whimper.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Mmm.....

Last part of the story was just left undone. 👎

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
HOW CAN 2 PEOPLE SO FAR APART

ever met in the beginning TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
the closet-cucks hated it

but it was consistent and realistic - the neckbearded virgin eunuchs wanted a burning ending but it made more sense as is - 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Meh

The story was nice, but like someone else said you needed a powerful ending to save it. From what I've read so far from your other stories, endings are not a strong point for you. I'd actually say endings are a weak point for you. Stories that could be 4 or 5 stars end being a solid 3 instead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

wimpy illiterate shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
possibilities

This story has promise. Honest!

With most of these stories, the husband is an objectifying wimp willing to do say or watch anything to get his rocks off. The "wife"/whore/slut/cunt is only an orifice of receipt - an object for others to use. The fact that this guy had the backbone to see his integrity to the end is gratifying, even if I loathed the length to which he gave license.

The bathroom scene was WELL DONE! I couldn't imagine anything more appropriate (besides castrating Ivar for his wife) and letting him bleed out (would make it hard to pan the excuses alliterated).

The spelling and grammar mistakes were disconcerting, especially when the mistakes dealt with conversation. That was hard to read. It would have been nice to see if she ever gets her head on straight or goes on as fucked up as she was, but that will be left to others such as FTDS or other members to tackle/quarrel over.

Smokepole

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
Sorry this one cries for b2b

a tagline from another story whose title I cannot recall 'you don't cheat me with impunity'....it is not sex; it is disrespect and taking his manhood, and that cannot let her go scotfree; the bitch has to pay.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Waitwut?

How is she not a whore? She literally trades sex for monetary gain and/or favors; that's the definition of a whore. And all this shit about her being a "free spirit" is just that, a bunch of shit. She's an immature cunt with no sense of loyalty and a "me, me, me!" mentality. Quite frankly, using her body to get ahead is probably just about the only way for her to do it.

IndyOnIndyOnalmost 6 years ago
You have left us again.....

A half page short of a good story! It's no wonder FTDS was so popular in Literotica...

FTDS may you rest in peace....

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
I’m fine with it the way it is. It’s not as bad as a “Sopranos” ending.

“We held each other and cried... we both realized it wasn’t going to be.”

They’re splitting up. Period.

Now, use the ol’ LW formula, and you get......

She’s going to become a slut. She may grow old slutting around, giving out easy sex to just about anyone. Some of the high school kids started calling her “The Virgin Taker.” She dies, not destitute, but with 14 cats. God her apartment stank.

OR catches HIV, doesn’t recognize (or denies) the symptoms, and dies from complications from AIDS within 5 years.

OR gets a form of herpes in her nose (gee how did she get it there?), resistant to antiviral therapy that causes it to ballon up from the painful warts, Her nose looking like the beginnings of the Elephant Man. Surface surgery could not excise the infected tissue sufficiently, and it breaks out again. This time they do a radical excision since the virus has now spread to the bone. A quarter of her face is gone. She is hideous. She can’t even go back to teaching as she’d quite literally scare the kids. She will die bitter and lonely, as only a blind person could tolerate her looks. She becomes a true “2-bagger”, and dies a bitter lonely death, her only “friend” her 8 cats, a Hitachi vibrator, and a 13”, as big around as her wrist, coal black dildo.

Chris will move to the opposite coast, not wanting to ever see Karan again, because it breaks his heart all over again everytime he sees her. He starts in San Diego, but year by year moved north, finally settling in a small city in Southern Oregon, just a stones throw from the border with California.

AND he either finds his soul mate within a few years, who is of course a redhead and is younger and hotter than Karen. Hotter in looks, and in bed!. She will get pregnant and give him 3 beatiful children; twin redheaded girls, like mom, and a towheaded boy, like dad, and becomes a wonderful mother, and he a wonderful father, which was his deepest wish (besides a faithful wife, not that he thought about that before the pool party debacle).

One girl grows up, and after a stint in the Marines, turns to be a champion Indy car racer, actually winning more trophies than Al Unser, though she only won the Indy 500 once.

The other, equally stunning, younger sister, by seventeen minutes (A fact the older girl NEVER lets her forget) (of course they’re identical twins, DUH), becomes a worldclass neurological surgeon and researcher at OHSU, vowing to find a treatment or cure for autism.

Why? Because, the youngest child, the blond boy, though he looks like a Greek god, is a high functioning autistic (think Rain Man). He can’t stand loud noises, crowds of people freak him out, and he’s pretty much anti-social. It can take weeks or months for him to become comfortable with a new face. (He once withdrew from the younger twin while she was in high school, because she cut her long silky wavey tresses into a cute bob because she was tired of always being mixed up with her “older” sister. Fortunately it took only days for him to accept her, as her voice was, of course, still her own.

High functioning; his gift? Piano & guitar. He learned to play piano by himself, when he was 6 years old, when the family bought a piano for the girls to learn upon. He could imitate most of the greats (he didnt have an 11 note span capability, like Eubie Blake, be it classical, the blues, jazz, r&b, pop, or r&r. He picked up the guitar pretty much the same way, when he went with his sistet to the music store where they took lessons. He picked up a guitar, and within the 2 hours for girls’ , was playing “Do you know the muffin man”, a favorite of his with simple chords. Within a month, with only 2 hours a week of “futzing around, while hisvsisters had lessons, he was playing full chordal pieces of his favorite nursery songs. The store owner never mentioned anything at first to the family because he assume he was taking private lessons somewhere else.

And guess what? The boy is also a Code Warrior.

OR Chris will never love again. Going from short relation to short relation, trying to get back that DEEP love he had for Karan. While a couple of times it got close, it never quite happened. He dies at 58, ostensibly from a major stroke, but his many friends knew it was from a broken heart.

AND

Of course, when the divorce court orders marriage counseling, both agree that it is a truely fundemental irreconcilable difference that is the reason for the divorce. When prodded by the judge Karen has to admit it is because she wants to become polyamorous, and Chris will only live monogamously. The judge, being a rabid born again Christian, totally sides with Chris, and orders assets be split 50/50, irregardless what the two had agreed upon previously. Karan’s lawyer, being one of her swinging parteners, knowing the judge won’t budge and why, takes her aside and says to just agree with it. Karan’s face becomes a color red that was almost, but not quite, magenta, i.e. red with a hint of purple in it. She screams and rushes at Chris. The bailiff has to Taser Karan to keep her down, and she gets 30-days in jail for disturbing the court. Costs her a $5000 fine paid, from “her half” of the assets. And the split still goes 50/50 (less $5000 on her side).

OR Karan rushes the bench. The judge pulls his concealed under the bench, in a trick hidden compartment, a .38 cal. snub nose S&W, and puts 2 bullets center mass in Karan’s chest, the first round nicking her heart, and the second hits dead center of the heart, going right through the septum that divides the heart to the left and right. She dies within seconds. The judge thanked the lord he practiced plenty for his twice monthly combat pistol competitions. “Crazy bitch”, he mutters under his breath, that only the court stenographer hears. She dutifully entered that into the court’s records.

That’s the way this story ends. It’s obvious from the clues given at the end.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 6 years ago

Would have been nice to see him move on with someone acting less like a whore instead of it stopping abruptly.

He was pretty conciliatory at the end, perhaps too much so.

Crazy how she kept trying to make it his problem, considering that he's the normal one.

She's the one wanting the extreme lifestyle with a morality most would consider skewy, and trying to push him into it.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

The ending to this story showed the husband to be very mature and rational, choosing the best course of action to see them both happy in the future.

But...

Beating the living fuck out of Ivar in a jealous rage didn't really fit with that ending. Don't get me wrong, it was a cool scene, but the ending then felt jarringly out of place. How would a guy that angry then be so calm and collected with his wife only hours later? Especially when she revealed she'd been cheating on him several times for months!

Karen was a prostitute. She was literally fucking her boss for money (the bonuses). Her getting all indignant at the end was bizarre after she was shocked and contrite at the end of the evening when her cheating was discovered. The husband had also made his views quite clear on adultery on their holiday, but she then blatantly ignored him and whored herself out for 6 months!

So it was an interesting story, but probably would have fit a BtB ending better. Taking a big chunk of her cash as punishment for cheating would have been a more fitting end, especially as she had to earn that money fucking a guy she didn't really like.

Wouldn't the husband have been entitled to 50% in a no-fault state regardless?

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Suggestion

if your spouse indicates an interest in swinging and you are a fidelity is key kind of person, just walk away then. Don't wait for the cheating. It will all be much more civil that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Chilly willy writes a dilly and it sucks.

Are tbere people like this in the real world.

Your wife is a corporate whore. But you see her point? No you don't. The point is your wife is a slut a morally damaged whore for money.

Stulid tripe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What, No Real Ending

I feel it needed a much better ending then it has.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Hell, the extra curricular sex didn’t kill their marriage, they just talked it to death.

GillotineGillotinealmost 5 years ago
the story was decent

But the ending was terrible. If you want to call it an ending, it just drops off. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What a piece of shit

Poor spelling and no ending. Don’t quit your day job.

Cloths = more than one wash cloth

Clothes= a shirt and pants. Or a dress.

Of =Expressing the relationship of a part and a whole.

Off = the opposite of on

Where the hell did you go to school?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Dear lord, this was HORRIBLE.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Best move was to dump the whore. Would have liked to see her suffer though.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Quite good.

Given the way it started out, I'm actually surprised that I liked it that much. The ending hits some important notes we don't here here including the simple mismatch of values and the belief that you can change your spouse. Now, he needs to run and run fast because she is a disaster!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Enough

She got off light,he didn't make her suffer enough.He should have divorced due to her adultery and gone after her money.As money is what she is all about,it would hurt her to have to give him some,especially alimony.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Literally no spouse alive would EVER end it in such a nice way. Yes it was just another "Lets make the husband altruistic" tried and true cliche, and to not call his wife a whore...she fucked for money..thats literally the definition of a whore. regardless of her views on sex, that is what she was.

Good story until you totally ruined it at the end.

management91399management91399about 3 years ago

Such an angry woman. Is there a sequel to this, love to see where she ends up twenty years in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Multi culty

What?

BigfundrewBigfundrewalmost 3 years ago

This needed more at the end.

billyblazebillyblazealmost 3 years ago

Not finished at all. I hate that I wasted my time reading it. Don’t make my mistake. Nothing to see here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

not much. She IS, IS, IS a slut and a whore, and he is ALMOST braindead.

Anyone with a brain would have run away from her as fast legs can carry, or a mustang can roar away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is beyond stupid

Why do writers feel the need to make these robotic-ultra-polite men who have no reaction to their wives turning into unapologetic sluts, usually after getting married. Makes the whole story non-sensical

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the most good and decent stories I have read here pleasant 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Worked for me!

Husband recognized the reality of their situation and took the right way out. He accepted his wife's moral values and did NOT try to change her. He also accepted his moral values and did not offer to change. The right solution is not to bully the other person but agree to disagree and move on.

I okay with the ending. Sure, there could have been lots more added but this was complete as it needed to be.

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 2 years ago

Wish there was an epilogue describing what happened with Ivar and her job.

Dobbin55Dobbin55almost 2 years ago

I was enjoying this story upto near the end but it seemed to fade. I think he needed to get some revenge on his wife, due to her attitude towards him. A simple divorce wasn't any payback for her. Maybe an alienation of affection action against her company and the boss, would of been an idea. I find some authors on LTW seem to have good stories but either run out of steam or ideas, when it comes to ending the story. They then say, I left it this way so the readers can use their imagination for an ending or why doesn't another author write an appropriate ending. It's a cop out! 3*

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous