What is Cranial Electrostimulation?

Story Info
PhD researcher pushes boundaries.
4.8k words
4.39
9.5k
11
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What is Modulated Cranial Electrostimulation?" he asked. The patient looked at Diane, all he could think was "what a nerd." She wasn't really ugly, she was just very plain, geeky, and kind of skinny, just not attractive at all. He's been trying to quit smoking for a long time and has tried everything else, so he decided to stick around and hear the sales pitch anyway.

Diane answered the question. "Cranial Electrostimulation is a process by which you apply micro-currents to areas of the brain through the skull which behaves like serotonin to decrease depression and anxiety without medication. It was invented in the 1950s in the Soviet Union. It has been under steady research and improvements for decades. I did my first Ph.D on it."

"Your first Ph.D?"

Diane continued, "In 1979, it was discovered that if you modulate the wave form of the current to resemble the wave form put out by healthy nerve tissue, it is far far more effective. My first Ph.D was about how to make the system even more therapeutic by synchronizing its wave form with existing brainwave patterns. Rather than the wave forms interfering with one another and reducing the effect, the synchronized wave form fits right into your brain and the effect is multiplied. I used a 'Phase Locked Loop' circuit to match the generated wave form to that of the subjects own brain waves."

She continued, "The topic of my second Ph.D is a hypothesis I'd like to prove that by modulating vocal statements on to the synchronized wave form, the brain's speech processing center will pick up the words without the person ever hearing them. It kind of works like subliminal messaging in movies, your brain sees the image but you are not conscious of it. This should be a lot more direct. The patient processes and internalizes the messages more readily and yet has no knowledge of ever hearing them. In fact, the subject just thinks they are sitting in a quiet room relaxing and anything that comes in feels like their own thoughts."

That settled it, the patient thought, she was a big nerd. "That sounds creepy. You can insert thoughts into a person's head and they don't even know?"

Diane noticed the ill ease of her perspective patient. "You see, its not quite as ominous as that. You can't make a person do or say something that is incompatible with their personality, in that way it is just as limited as hypnosis."

"So, it can't be used for mind control, right?"

Diane was going to have to dance around this, tell the truth, but hide the gravity of it. "Mind control is boogie man of science fiction. Tools like MCE (Modulated Cranial Electrostimulation) may have the ability to help people modify their behaviors. In early tests, it looks like it should be very effective at helping smokers stop and obese people lose weight. Its not 'mind control,' its re-enforcing what the patient actually wants to do." What Diane didn't say was that her theory is that if you have access to a patient over a long enough period of time, you should be able to get them to do anything regardless of what they normally would or wouldn't do. All that would be needed is to subtly and gradually subvert parts of their personality in a way that resembles the brains natural learning process. People's minds change naturally over time, Diane believed that her machine could direct and speed up that process by inserting new ideas without the patient's normal safe guards getting in the way.

"Ok, I'll try it. You think you can help me quit smoking?"

This is exactly what Diane wanted. She responded; "I'm very confident that we can, yes. Remember, this is a research center and this is an experimental treatment." Then she added "They make make me say that and have patients sign the release form. I guess so that if I get you clucking like a chicken, you can't sue." He was going to be her guinea pig for her next Ph.D! She booked the appointment and had him sign the release.

On the day of the appointment, the patient arrived 10 minutes early. As he sat in the waiting room, he noticed that it was quiet. Maybe he was the last appointment of the day. Diane came out of the office and called him in. "I see you came on time. Are you ready to stop smoking?"

He answered, "Yes. I'm kind of nervous I've never done anything like this before."

Diane answer in a cheery disarming voice. "This is just like hypnosis, it just works a little faster. Don't worry you'll be fine."

Relived, the patient put on a strange looking webbed "shower cap" that had electrodes, circuits, and wires, then proceeded to sit down and try to relax.

Diane, smiling to herself, explained: "The cap you are wearing has a number of devices. It has one set of electrodes to apply current, it has other set to measure electrodermal activity, it has a handful of other sensors so we can monitor brain activity. There's lots of safe-guards as well. I designed it myself, it's safe." Diane then turned on the machine, set signal strength somewhere between 2 and 3. She called out to the patient, "Do you feel that? How does it feel?"

The patient did feel it. He felt physically and mentally relaxed, almost, but not quite, euphoric.

Diane let him relax for about 10 minutes, and then tested the device. She said into the microphone: "you feel hot."

The patient almost immediately took off his sweater, saying "Its really warm in here."

Diane had a little thrill, but she had to keep it to herself. First order of business, she needed to be professional and help him with his smoking. She said into the microphone: "The urge for a smoke just doesn't feel very strong anymore." Knowing that she can't change a habit over night, small modifications are the only things that work. She added "You think Diane is attractive. You will think about her this week."

The patient heard nothing of course, he enjoyed the relaxing effects of MCE and was really impressed. Diane let him relax for another 15 minutes while the programming repeated over and over silently in his head.

When the session was over, the patient was relaxed, felt better than he had in years. He still craved cigarettes, but the pull on him was much less. He could envision quitting smoking for the first time since he started. He then noticed Diane at her desk observing him and taking notes. He hadn't noticed it before, but he thought she was pretty cute, not his normal type, but... something.

As he was preparing to leave, Diane approached him and said "This is the first session. You should feel better. It doesn't work over night, you will still want a cigarette, but it will be easier to refuse the craving. Considering that you have been smoking for most of your life, I think it could take a number of sessions. Do you want to continue?"

The patient answered, almost too quickly, "Yes."

Diane said "Why don't we book several more sessions for the few next weeks? I think I can be finished by then."

The patient was curious about the usage of the words "be finished," but thought it was more of a clinical statement than anything else. He replied "Ok." She processed his insurance card, scheduled his appointments, and sent him on his way.

The next appointment ran much the same as the previous. The patient arrived, waited in the waiting room. When called he went in to Diane's office. Put on the cap and tried to relax. He said "It's funny, I'm kind of embarrassed, but I have been thinking about you."

Diane was pleased that the programming was working. She replied "That's perfectly normal, everybody does that. This is all new to you, of course you are going to be thinking about it." This time she set the machine to a little over 3. She let him relax for about 10 minutes before she tried the next set of instructions. She said into the microphone "You still crave cigarettes, but its not as strong as it used to be. You don't feel like you need them anymore." She added, "You like being around Diane, you like how she smells" (knowing how strong the sense of smell is for a hook) "You like when she tells you to do things." Again, letting the patient to relax for 15 more minutes and let her unheard words repeat.

As he was preparing to leave, Diane asked, "will you reach for that book on the shelf? I can't reach it."

The patient got the book off the shelf and handed it to Diane, saying (without thinking) "Thanks, I like doing things for you." As he left, Diane was beside herself, giddy with power. She was going to try something daring on the next session.

The next session started out the same, but Diane had plans. She set the machine to 4. She could tell the patient was really relaxed. She wondered, any higher than about 5, its starts to get a little uncomfortable. She skipped the anti-smoking message this time and went directly to programming. After a couple sessions and at a higher setting, she believed that she might be able to make some big changes in one session. She spoke in to the microphone "This week, when ever you think of sex, you will think about Diane. You will remember you like doing things for her. You will fantasize about doing what ever Diane tells you to do." After the programming, she left it on for the normal 15 minutes to set in.

This time as the patent was preparing to leave, he could not help but notice how sexy Diane was. He wanted her. He was getting aroused. Was this normal?

Diane tested the programming. She demanded of the patient, "drive me to the shop so I can pick up my car." The patient felt wonderful that he could do this for Diane. Surprisingly, the patient's car was a large and luxurious Bentley. Would he let me borrow it? When they arrived at the shop, she told the patient to let her have his Bentley this week, and that she would let him drive her Civic. The patient thought this was a great idea. He loved doing things for Diane.

That week Diane almost felt guilty having the Bentley. It was such a great car. She liked her sporty little Civic, but this was luxury. The patient must be really rich. She had to admit to herself, this crossed a line.

The next session, she adjusted the machine, 4.5, she tried to go a little higher but she could see that the patient was a little uncomfortable, so she backed it down. After the 10 minute conditioning, she spoke in to the microphone: "Things are going well. Diane is helping you. You remember you love doing things for Diane. You've done so well letting her use your car. You would do anything she asks. You won't even question what she asks you do do. Everything she asks you to do makes sense and is perfectly reasonable." This was the most daring programming yet. For her Ph.D she is going to prove that she can make the patient rationalize what ever she asks him to do. Not only will he do it, he'll justify it to himself (and others) regardless. She let him relax for the standard 15 minutes.

As the patient was getting ready to leave, she wanted to test him. She had been getting worked up the last few weeks, and she was going to really push it. She sat on her desk, removed her panties from under he skirt, and told the patient to kiss her pussy. He quickly dropped to his knees and kissed her wet pussy. She then pulled his face tight and told him to make her cum by sucking her clit. There was no resistance, as he worked her clit and pussy, she was more turned on than she had ever been. She was commanding a man she hardly knew to service her as her slave. Then she came...hard.

As he was leaving, Diane asked him about what he had just done. He responded simply, matter of factly, that she had asked him to. Its no big deal. Did she want his car for another week, no? OK, then they exchanged keys and he left.

This was working out better than Diane had hoped. She had so much more data now that she knew she was right on track with her Ph.D thesis. She was right, MCE could be used to influence people far more effectively than hypnosis or drugs, more than merely limited by their own personality, but actually able to insert new thoughts in to a subject as if their own. She was the only one in the world with this technology. No one else had ever done anything even remotely like this. How much could she change her patient? He signed the release so she was free to do anything she wanted. Could she change the fundamentals of who he was? This is ground breaking research! Could she make him do something he would not normally do? To really know what to do next, she had to do some basic research about her patient.

A quick internet search surprised her about his identity. He wasn't the richest men in the world, but he was worth quite a bit. Most people have heard his name at some point. He was currently between business ventures and wives, so he could be hers for a little while without suspicion. She didn't think that she was interested in him romantically, this was purely research for her Ph.D, but, she thought, it doesn't hurt to enjoy your research.

Diane pondered what to do next. She wanted to write her Ph.D and to prove her technique was superior to hypnosis in every way. What hadn't she tried with her patient? Post hypnotic suggestion!! Diane marveled that she had not tried that yet. Could MCE implant a desire to do something? How precise could it be? Post hypnotic suggestion was very iffy and only worked under the right circumstances with the right kind of trigger. With MCE, theoretically, she would be able to insert a time, a date, a place, and an action for her patient to do without any preceding stimulus.

The next session started similarly to the previous ones, only this time Diane had a brief questionnaire for her patient. It had a series of questions, rated from 1 to 5, where 1 signified that he hated something, and 5 signified that he loved it. One of the questions was did he like bourbon? He answered with a 1. This was the test.

When the patent was relaxing, Diane turned on the machine, this time a little higher than 4.5, almost 5.0. She could see that he appeared a little uncomfortable, she called out "Are you OK?"

The patient answered, "it tingled a little bit, but its good now."

The higher setting will help she thought. She picked up the microphone and said: "On Tuesday night, at 8:00, you will got to the bar at Houlihan's, on State Street, and order a bourbon, neat." She then remembered that she should help him with the smoking. "While at the bar, you will notice the cigarette smoke and it will make you want to leave. It will not make you want a cigarette."

As the patient was getting ready to leave, Diane remembered the last time he was in the office. She said: "I think we are progressing very well. How do you feel? Have you been craving cigarettes?"

He responded: "I feel like a new man, I'm sleeping better, I'm not smoking nearly as much, maybe one or two cigarettes a week, my workouts are better. You are really helping me. Thanks."

Diane was actually delighted that he was feeling good about things, she didn't feel as guilty as she probably should have. With this, she pulled off her panties, lifted her skirt, and told the patient to make her cum.

The patient got on his knees, kissed her pussy, and in what could only be described as "lovingly" he used his mouth and tongue to bring Diane to one of the best orgasms of her life. She was breathless. He waited for her to recover and then said. "See you next week."

Diane had to sit still. That last bit was out of this world. She could have that when ever she wanted. It was now part of the patient to do that for her without question. She admitted to herself that he would never have given her a second look without the conditioning, and now, he was virtually her slave. While she was reveling in her success, the recesses in the back of her mind were trying very quietly to signal caution that she was going too far.

On Tuesday night, she walked to Houlihan's to wait and see if her patient was going to respond to her suggestion. She dressed in a casually sexy dress to fit in but not be overly notacable. She could go unnoticed and observe easily. At 8:00, he walked in, alone. He sat at the bar and ordered a Maker's Mark. She noted the specific choice. She hadn't specified a brand, he chose it himself. Interesting she thought, he internalized the suggestion so much so that he developed preferences and made it his own. Her technique was seeming far more effective than she ever thought it could be.

When he finished his drink, he noticed the smoke and decided to leave. Diane managed to "absentmindedly" bump in to the patient. She said, "Hi, its you. What brings you to Houlihan's?"

He responded: "I was home and I though I'd head in town. I was at Houlihan's a while ago, and thought I might like to go there again. I don't usually like bourbon, but I had a craving. So I stopped for a drink. It wasn't as fun as I hoped, the cigarette smoke started to get to me. You look great, by the way, I only ever see you in office cloths. Why are you here?"

Diane was amazed, he thought it was all his idea. He rationalized it perfectly. He did not even suspect that he had been programmed to be there tonight. She answered, "I was hungry, but when I got here I realized that I didn't want anything. I really wanted sushi. Want to join me?"

The patient thrilled with being asked. He really thought Diane was hot and sexy. He couldn't put his finger on why, she wasn't classically attractive, kind of tom-boyish, her face was sort of pretty, nothing to write home about, all in all, pretty average, but all he could think about was how she turned him on. He knew a great sushi place and offered to drive.

As he was driving, Diane knowing that she could do anything she wanted to her patient was getting very turned on. He was fairly handsome, very rich, well dressed, and she was in the passenger seat of his large luxury car. She reached over, unzipped his pants, and started to give him a hand-job. Diane looked at the patient and said "You want me to suck your cock, don't you? You want to cum for me, don't you?"

The patient responded yes to both questions. He quickly and quietly pulled over to let Diane bring him off. She had never sucked a man's cock before. She like the feeling of control it gave her. She was suddenly very sad that she had sex only a couple times in her life. Being a research scientist and world class nerd wasn't very compatible with dating. It took a few minutes of fumbling, but she figured it out and threw herself into her first blowjob. She liked doing it for him. After he came, he said "I think you are the sexiest woman I've ever been with. Want to order the sushi 'to go' and head over to my place?"

Diane was in uncharted territory, she had him. He was hers. He had no idea what she had done to him. She almost felt guilty, but she was too horny to think about the ethics. She answered yes and added that she had walked to the restaurant and she didn't have to worry about her car.

After they picked up the sushi, they drove to his house. It was a very large house just out of the downtown area. He pulled in to the garage and they got out of the car. They walked into a side door, just off from the kitchen. He went to the cupboard and pulled out some plates, utensils, glasses, and a bottle of wine. As they ate, Diane looked around. The house was beautiful.

She asked, "Are you married or have a girlfriend? The house is so clean."

The patient answered with a laugh, "No, I use this house to entertain for business a lot so I have a cleaning company. Its really much bigger than I need most of the time, but when I want to get the VCs to give me money, I have to show them I don't need it."

As they ate, Diane got to know her patient. He seemed like a really good guy. He was proud that companies that he started treated the employees well, paid well, and encouraged neighborhood charity. He had grown up poor and really wanted to help communities. In a candid statement, he did say that you don't become a billionaire without doing some bad shit you're not proud of, but he thought in the end, he hoped his actions were more good than bad. Diane understood that last statement very well and reflected that just about everyone must feel that way at some point in their life.

12