All Comments on 'What is love anyway'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
other2other1other2other1over 1 year ago

As always a well-written story that plays with your emotions.

That last paragraph is a total justification for her cheating, "Oh Ben married a nice lady, he's fine." sorry but that is a total piss take. She is playing in her mind that she didn't really hurt Ben when she tore his heart out. And not only that but there were no consequences at all for her, she got the guy she cheated with, married and kids. Sorry but that kind of sucks.

Thank you for the effort of writing the story

payenbrantpayenbrantover 1 year ago

Good story. Very Shallow character with Adam. But he and the leading lady seemed totally meant for each other. At least it was good Ben stuck by his morals. Surprisingly it is a good thing to stick to those since there are billions of people in the world...the chances of finding one who has the same morality you do is pretty good!

Thank you for writing the story,

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

We don't need to worry about others, we can shoot ourselves in the foot perfectly well. All's well that ends well!

5

Nasty56Nasty56over 1 year ago

So she went for a loser…

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

probably wrong category

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If you truly love someone you won't cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Welcome to Disney World.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

it's strange how after an infidelity, a betrayal, the characters ask themselves questions about why everything is gone, any relationship stops.

It seems to me to be quite the opposite, no?

a separation or a divorce would seem more probable even if sometimes there are reconciliations.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

well that was a weird romance but at least it wasnt predictable like all the other romance. guessing u was wondering where to put it. didnt really like the plot but at least the cheating got resolved and didnt leave ben hanging and in the dark. clicking on spell check is not editing read the damn story. the words were spelled right, cool, swell, but they were not the right words lol

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

Cheaters don't deserve a happy ending. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is romance? Read like a cad got lucky with a cheater who settled. Ben was only decent smart one of the bunch. Hope he got the ring back.

stev2244stev2244over 1 year ago

A day with a new CG story is always a good day, and this one is no exception.

FredHuckFredHuckover 1 year ago

What did I like about this story? Absolutely Nothing!

A whore finds a good man and can't stand prosperity...

She just has to fuck around on him...

To top that off she tells him about it one of the coldest ways possible...

All the while acting like she did nothing wrong...

And to add insult to injury she marries the Asshole she fucked...

Of course those two deserve each other and the chances both of them cheated on each other is highly likely!

So in a three words this story is a P.0.S. !!!

2🌟s

Fred

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 1 year ago

Well that was cold. Not much emotion from any of the characters. The female character took 3 years to work out she didn't really love her boyfriend at least she told him he could find someone who actually had emotions. There are better ways of splitting up, cheating on your boyfriend does seem a bit unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cheating pays off in the end. How romantic.

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

Really enjoy your writing/always look forward when I see a post (hey, why I follow you on this site) — you do not shy away from troubling circumstances/troubled relationships within well crafted storylines around characters that resonate. The title suggested the same and piece started out well, but soon fell far short of your norm. The characters turn out to be caricatures/stereotyped; the storyline likewise. Maybe that was your intention to make the point of the story/the title, but unlike much of your work you did not delve into the characters; none came alive at least for me, nor did you develop a storyline that had potential. Too much like an afternoon soap opera episode.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Blah..Blah, Blah. He goes after a woman committed and she falls in love with him He shouldn't be rewarded. 1*

jlg07jlg07over 1 year ago

The fact you have adam blsming ben for just not accepting that she cheated shows what a crappy person he is. He won a cheater! Neither of these characters are very likeable. I don't "root" for them to get together or have a happy life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You don’t really know what romance is, do you? This is an LW story from the slur’s perspective where everyone gets a “happy” ending. You mostly write that or erotic couplings.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

Nicely done. Love will always be a mystery but this story found its meaning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yet another example of CGs warped sense off morality

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Dope story, Cagivagurl. Can't wait for the next. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This seems like something you might see in a cheating stories subreddit . In fact, I think a lot of the comments are probably going to match it too

SilvermireSilvermireover 1 year ago

And they say romance is dead....😒

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story flowed well. In the previous century was a syndicated advice column called "Dear Abby". The question of someone who strayed and had a one night stand with another other than their spouse or significant other seemed to be an perineal question. Her advice was always to say nothing and don't repeat the mistake. Reading this story was a possible explanation of why she advised the way she did. Not sure what the best answer is. Regardless, thanks for an entertaining, thought provoking story which seems to have generated much discussion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ben sure dodged a bullet! So lucky she showed her true self before they married. Still hurts Ben but no nasty paperwork.

ThorlolThorlolover 1 year ago

Actually I didnt like the characters. Ben had not much show time for me to form a opinion, but his decision to walk away was good one. Lara, well, shallow and selfish? She started to doubt her love for Ben after she cheated, good train of thought, but why did she think that 'they' were not in love with each other? She assumed that Ben didnt really love her and I didnt see anything indicating that. But what is worse in my opinion is her being so callous about that. Even if she didnt love Ben, why didnt she feel anything for the person she atleast liked very much? And stringing someone along for financial reason is really low. Adam, was the standard predator. Ingrating himself into the live of taken woman over several dinners and get together. Opening her more and more until he got the chance to fuck her. Afterwards he was throwing mud onto her boyfriend. ''"Sorry." He mused. "That probably sounds a bit callous, but if I was in his boots, I wouldn't be throwing away, how many years were you together, Three?"

"Yes, three years. That's what hurts the most. All our plans, we had everything mapped out."

"Then he's a bigger fool than I thought. Lara, you're a beautiful, intelligent woman. Any man would be privileged to call you his wife. I know I would. If he can't see his way clear to at least talk about it, see if you can sort it out. Then he is a bloody knob."' The whole dialog was pure bullshit. But why wouldnt he say that? He was just the guy who fucked her and doesnt have to live with the consequences or the hurt. He just want to get more.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 1 year ago

This is a good story idea, but it's not really long enough for the reader to see why she loves Adam and doesn't love Ben.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

ignore the moralistic little twits. It was a good love story

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Romanticizing cheating does not make this a romance. Totally wrong category. No consequences to the cheaters, how romantic? This is a LW story.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggieover 1 year ago

Couldn’t work up a any feelings, good or bad, for her. Living with a guy for years, then having an affair with the new guy? Sounds like round heel romance. So I suppose it’s bad feelings! Answered my own question!

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

As always, you chose to take the hard road. Well-done.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just another flaky woman, always looking for the next best thing.

metroalmametroalmaover 1 year ago

What a well crafted story that leaves us wondering if we liked it because of the craft or hated it because we hate cheaters and smug men. No stars yet, still trying to figure this one out.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

That was an interesting story in romance. Well, they do say the course of true love never ran smooth.

I think it's possible if Ben and Lara had got married there marriage wouldn't have lasted long, either one could have strayed, got bored, etc.

So, both found new partners to whom they were committed. A 5* romance, Caviagurl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

and the usuel suspecs stand up an cheer

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Big Cagivagurl fan, but this story was a bit flat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant author as seen in the craftsmanship. By quality and for the revelation of the falseness of Lara's love a 5.

Mid range ratings so far on a new story?

The question in the title is never answered.

Picking between the lines, love is defined as "eros", (that is a deliberate use of the Greek word for the English derivatives do not give an equivalent. Such 'love' is seated in the emotions. As perceptions change so does the 'love.' For that reason there can never a deep commitment forever commitment. Given the right circumstances it can be forever, but as for being the basis for that commitment is is faulty. Philadelphia in Greek is brotherly love. It is deeper. It is a total giving of two or more to the welfare of another (others) whatever the cost. In the best elite military groups it is the glue that makes the unit work.

A marriage needs both for stability. Just like the committed elite military men would not sell out the others, even risking death to preserve the unit, so a marriage needs that commitment, then there will be no cheating.

Agape (agápē) is a more obscure Greek word adopted by Christian to describe such a joint love. For a Christian a man or a woman loves the partner as Christ loved people and was willing to sacrifice his life. A husband who does not love his wife as much as or even more than himself is failing.

Lara did not understand love. It was all about her feelings, he happiness, her benefits, etc. She simply used people to reach her goals. She excused her treason to Ben by sayin, well it all worked out in the end. Note she never really sought his happiness, and BRAGGED about hers and then sort of claimed that her dumping him caused his happiness.

Save me from the Lara's of this world!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Not my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Eh, wrong category, agree with the other posters, this should have been in LW. I think it could have worked here, if Lara had shown any real introspection and she had grown as a person; and/or the feelings between her and Adam had been given any time to develop beyond the surface level superficial "I like you," sentiments that we got. As it is, it felt very rushed to the finish and her line at the end, about knowing what love is, is just tacked-on, because nothing in her character makeup (as shown) demonstrates that she has any idea of what love is.

I know your cheer section and author cabal will give you 5s for this but I think if you're honest with yourself, this is a very average, flat story, and not nearly up to some of the work you've done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why does an engaged woman jump into bed so quickly with a work colleague? We don't really know, becasue unlike most of C-gurl's work. there is not enough time spent developing his character. Maybe this arc as a 750 word story would have worked better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

CG is a favorite author, so when coupled with Randi editing, I was looking forward to a great read. I was sorely disappointed…and largely because the story was so poorly written. That’s atypical of both CG and Randi, so I don’t know what happened. People might know of Truss’s book Eats, Shoots and Leaves. There were literally dozens of unnecessary commas scattered throughout the story. Perhaps an homage to StangStar06? To give a sense of the distracting errors I found without much effort:

at first I was ropeable (no idea what CG meant by ropeable here)

At first, we didn't get on, but then as the days slipped by, and he saved my arse a few times. (Huh? Not a sentence)

too this day we remained friends (too should be to)

his tome becoming demanding (tome should be tone)

Why for gods sake? (Possessive, so god’s)

How in gods name are we going to talk about it. If you won't give me any details. (Possessive god’s, but note two non-sentences, which is common throughout this story)

strode of towards the bedroom (strode off towards)

Our own cars, it was the dreams. (Not a sentence)

restless nights sleep followed (possessive night’s)

We did, well, at least. (Another non-sentence)

I would have talked to you, and hopefully. We could figure it out together." (Another example of two non-sentences strung together)

Slowly bit surely, he trudged back and forth to his car. (Slowly but surely)

because I might not have said it, but. (Don’t think you can end a sentence with but)

feeling the effects of one to many already (one too many)

and he kissed the back of my fingers, although. (Unlikely to end a sentence with although)

dextrously to to release (excess to, with dexterously misspelled)

as Ii stroked up (as I stroked)

As for the story itself, I’m not the least bit bothered by the morality issue (though I abhor cheating). My complaint is that none of the characters seemed well developed. It was difficult for me to imagine a 35-year-old woman who had been in several relationships, but could (mistakenly) think she was in love and then have sex with another man…and then eventually fall in love with that man. With more information, maybe I could better imagine such a person, but I was left with a sense of disbelief.

So, I patiently await the next CG story…it will surely be better than this one.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

At least in this story CG wrote the cheated on male with some self-respect.

liz33ndliz33ndover 1 year ago

i just love your way of keeping the story fresh, great writing,d 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another woman who just bides her time, waiting for a chance to upgrade. Your "women" are always so mercenary, your "men" are such wimps. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There she is, moving from LW category to romance to continue justifying cheating, cause no reader of LW buys this crap from author anymore

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've read many of your works. Nearly always a 5 star rating. How you present this writing as a romance is beyond me.

Wouldn't even identify the scum you cheated with? Thought he'd just roll with it, while she'd likely cut off his dick.

Callous, cuckold story called romance. Sure.

So out of character with your other writings. Just going to treat this as an aberration.

G

WoodencavWoodencavover 1 year ago

Disappointing storey not up to your usual standard. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Nasty56Nasty56over 1 year ago

Ben should have beaten the shit out of these two a-holes!!

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

Still cheaters if she didn't love fiance she should never have taken his ring

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
A cheater is a cheater

She was a, "cheeky bitch".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm telling you - read the 1st 2 pages - go to the last page and you have the whole pathetic story. 1* Yep - a great author with shit for storylines.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It is always a bad story when women cheat and call it “a mistake” refusing to take responsibility for their decision. It makes me angry when a cheater lets another person trash talk their significant other, especially in this story. The fool was the cheater not her significant other. Just a story about a manipulated slut

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA11 months ago

The heart sometimes is more perceptive than the norm. I don't like cheaters but the story line was excellent. It's funny and strange to me that readers judge a story strictly by their own values. A fictional story is great when the writer gets some emotional reaction, however it is beyond great when it flows and is well told. That is why I like your writing as you tell each story well and a reader can appreciate the tale in spite of his judgments.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

What is Love Previous Part
What is Love Series Info