All Comments on 'What IS Normal?'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
It works for them ? .... Ok then.

they paid their dues to get where they are . Wouldn't work for me- I'm sort of tepid in regard to how I " like" this story . It's due to the author's skill , I'm here in comment box at all .

Sometimes I think a author has peeked inside my head & written a story from his discovery . Not this time but it was thought provoking . A qualified thanks goes to MM for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
no wonder the kids are all fuck up.

Just read when someone dies there are some many different parents, step parents, stepkids and different names the kids don't know who or what they are so i can believe your story.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
MGM is a truly fine writer

.That is the only explanation as to how I managed to swallow this one with pleasure. Normally I stop reading when polyandry shows up in the stories. But he managed to put it to me gently.... I wonder if this is like learning to like beer, scotch or oysters?

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
obvious andn predictable

as soon as one guy went into the army and his Buddy joined him you knew EXACTLY what was going to happen

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I read the last part just to see how it ended. Well the wife got what she wanted all along, she now has two meal tickets taking care of her. I don't see anyone winning here but the writer obviously does and the swingers and polylovers on this site will cheer him on to write more like this one. Pity really.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 12 years ago
One wrong note

Not a bad story over all. I did find one line offensive;

"I do remember the chopper, and I remember Jack reaching over to hold my hand. Say what you will about that, neither one of us is gay."

The second sentence is glaring and off-putting to anyone who has been in the military.

As for the camera work, should we tell them about tri-pods and steady-cam features?

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
NORMAL IS AS NORMAL WAS

defining it is ludicrous, if it fits the situation, go for it. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
You Have!!

Written better. Thanks for sharing.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Enjoyable

All about people caring about each other.

Of course it's not the typical LW story with the spouses pitted against one another that creates a tension that doesn't exist in this story. Maybe that makes it too mild for some. But it's somewhat unusual and the wife really IS loving, to both of them.

I think more could have been done with the challenging moments in their lives. The narrative is too dispassionate.

I found the gay comment trite but it wasn't a big deal.

In total, I enjoyed the story.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Wonderfully weird and original.

I very much enjoyed this oh so strange story...as usual extremely well written...thank you Magma!

hodunkhodunkover 12 years ago
WOW! What a story

Man you get me every time. Love your work. Keep'em comin.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Normal is what works for you

And does not cause harm simply by existing -

People who do not like what you do simply because they do not like it or you tough shit -

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Excellent

Quite unique also. As far as normal goes, you have to remember one thing: Love conquers all.

Yeah yeah yeah I know.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 11 years ago
Well written

I thought it was good. Polyandry's not my thing, but you handled it well, and I can see it working for them. A bit daring of you to put it in LW, but it's life, and it was exceptionally well done.

Chilly

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A NICE LITTLE TALE

have heard of this type of arrangement before...sometimes one man and two wives or like this case and it works...good for them .....a gentle tale of love...sadness being shot up and total love for each other.....loved it....

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 10 years ago
cute little story

Very enjoyable.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Whats next for these 2 guys?

Leprosy? They are leaving a trail of body parts behind them as they go!

Also, how does getting shot and killed make you a hero? People get shot every day, all over the world. Are they heroes too? Going to a country where you have no right to be, killing as many of them as you have bullets, women and children included, doesn't make you a hero, just because they shoot back. A hero is the guy that refuses to kill blindly, just because some politician told him to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4 stars.

I wasn't sure that I would like it when I guess where the story is going. Somehow, you manage to convince me that it actually works for them. I think it is the strength of the bromance between the two friends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nice story

While "out there" you made it all believable

Thanks

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 4 years ago
wow

this story needs an editor bad. it was a mess. didnt really like the story either. think it was all the broken english and bad sentence structure. just seemed the story was about 2 guys that just kept getting crippled. then theres that first line my name is derik but that doesnt matter but it kind of did matter lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

There's time wasted I'll never get back reading this pile of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Original and Plausible

The guys both loved her as a woman and each other like a close brother. She loved them both as men.

5*****

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
A couple of small issues, but still . . .

. . . a good story.

Could I do that? Probably not, but the real catalyst for this story is that the two men were such close friends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks.

Love comes in many forms, as do those that heal with love. Judge not that you be not judged. Two partial men healed by a whole woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
No way in hell does a poly relationship work with two men long term

I will never believe it because men can't handle long term competition for affection. Total bullshit

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

If it can work with two women and a man why not with two men and a woman? They already measured their dicks so that competition is past. Couple things - is he sure they're not gay? He denies it 4 times so I'm wondering if he doth protest too much. No big deal but he doesn't have to mention it so much. Second thing if Jack's left arm is limp he should be on the left side so he is holding her left hand with his right...try and picture it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Ok

For whateverittakes: She is on his left so he can hold their kids’s hand in his right hand He would not know if they let go and wasn’t with them if he was holding her hand in his right hand.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

If it works for them hell yea!

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 1 year ago

Not much into sharing! 2/5

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58about 1 year ago

I thought the story was great. I'm not into poly relationships usually but this 1 was interesting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS