All Comments on 'What Price a Bed'

by PaulaApril

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As soon as Jewel gave her full name I suspected Sam would find her mother before the end of the story. I enjoyed it very much and I hope you're planning to continue the tale of Jewel and Sam. I wonder how kinky a wedding gown could be?

shaguire_242shaguire_242almost 2 years ago

Excellent tale! More more more please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love all your writing please continue

SimonBrookeSimonBrookealmost 2 years ago

Look, this is really, really good, which is why it's worth ginving you detail feedback.

I'm bothered by the fact that she bids up his offer of money, because I thought what you were trying to establish is that she doesn't want to feel like a whore. I acknowledge that that might break down but it broke down very suddenly and... that makes me trust her less as a reliable narrator. I think that's probably not what you want.

Are black and red the colours a sophisticated man uses in his dungeon? Speaking for myself, I do have a cage in my bedroom, but it's bare steel and natural wood. I'm not saying my choices are the right choices, but black and red seems very... cliched.

On the spanking bench he does not give her any way to withdraw consent. You may think that's consistent with his character - in which case you'd be right, because he's your character. But is it possible that he might put a ball in her hand, and tell her to drop it if she can't bear it any more?

The morning after pill feels to me like a really dirty trick. My understanding is that the side effects of them are really unpleasant. It's entirely believable that an arrogant man would have deliberately not used a condom, or accidentally not used a condom. Condoms are not nice, I don't think anyone likes them. But the 'oh, it's OK, I'll just give you a pill' schtick doesn't seem cool at all to me.

As I say, I do believe he might do it, but I also feel that she should resent it more. It is a major breach of trust.

NEthingGozeNEthingGozealmost 2 years ago

SIMPLY WOW!!! Delightful erotic love story. The imperfections in grammar are way more than made up for by the characters, story structure, pacing, etc, I quite loved this and will now read more of your work. Thank you for this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I genuinely loved most of this story. However, like SimonBrooke I have some reservations. A few things stood out, surprisingly the money negotiating wasn’t one of them. Her mental hamster was freaking out and she’s trying to convince herself if it’s worth the risk or not. That was confirmed later when she asked to go back into the cage after saying he made her into a whore.

He went full on the degradation route and whether intentional or not he had her in a very heightened state of terror often for prolonged periods. It was as if he was going for a destroy and rebuild approach, which is sinister. That didn’t gel with his day to day nice guy routine aka his real life. His real life persona should have given her a way out either by safe word/ gesture or by including interludes of things from his perspective. Like cameras watching her in the play room because one of the fundamental rules of kink is not leaving a bound submissive alone. There’s always a lot of mindfuckery going on from dominants. It’s the duality of D/s. Adding his perspective shows his experience as well as the safety precautions he has in place. Not including them leaves things open to interpretation like, is he actually a psychopath/ sociopath?? A rich guy has toys and if there’s an accident and he kills her then never mind because he’s a rich guy. It’s only a leap of faith by readers that interprets his character as nice guy with kink.

The problem with biology; first things first she was there for a month and didn’t have a period? Then the no condom but emergency contraception, the biggest issue with that aside from the massive breach of trust is that it’s still NOT a guarantee. The morning after pill (US = Plan B?) is only effective IF she hasn’t already ovulated. There are often very unpleasant side effects the most unpleasant include headaches, cramps and bleeding. A period can be delayed by a week or so, but equally it can also come early.

At first glance this can come across as an erotic romantic scenario but that does rely on some suspension of disbelief. It was very very well written and I did enjoy it but like Mr Brooke I wanted to give feedback because it is good.

Thanks for sharing

Tess (uk)

CalusaCalusaalmost 2 years ago

Awwwww, I love happy ending.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

I’m often amazed at how deeply a well written D/s dynamic affects me. I find there is a deeper level of intimacy and trust than one would find in any romance story. Still not sure what that says about me, but I’m ok with whatever that is.

MasterBlogmanMasterBlogmanover 1 year ago

This is a hugely well written story. The character is excellently crafted, and the first three pages or so draw us into her personality and ongoing dilemma without once worrying about "when do we get to the BDSM?" I agree with others who commented that the morning-after pill broke the believability a bit -- how could Jewel ever trust him again after such a mean-spirited action -- but the rest of it works. You even managed to depict a woman coming to enjoy bondage and pain, which is really difficult to make convincing. And I genuinely cared about where this would go from here. Good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She should have asked for far more than $3000 and definitely should have left his ass when he pulled the morning after pill shit.

DreaMajorDreaMajor5 months ago

A five star story. I do agree with several other comments that the morning after pill trick was a bad idea. Also he should have given her several additional things: a SafeWord or the equivalent if she is gagged so she cannot speak, a way to exercise, and a Kindle, for when she is caged all day. But in general the story describes the transcendent potential of BDSM much better than most stories that attempt it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This story is well told. And as virtually always displays your innate craft.

I would have liked to see Jewel hold out at Sam's proposal for a more self reliant future - perhaps to educate her finacially in real estate, reits and other worldly affairs.

I found the range of bondage equipment educational and how it can be used lovingly.

All good stories must end but I think a glimpse of future adventures eg her mother or other deserving women whom they could "educate" jointly, could be material to follow up this excellent work.

I read this looking for the moment when Sam's manroot penetrates Jewel analy but I'm not sure that actually happened?

Lass Lover

kirstymiakirstymia3 months ago

I thought everything about this story was amazing, loved reading every word even the morning after pill as stunt as well, yes I loved it.

What a well thought out story told in a totally expert way by a talented author.

Thanks for an amazing read

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPaulaApril@PaulaApril
Amateur author of erotica. My stories are sometimes an outlet for my deviant or bi-curious thoughts that I'm too nervous to try in real life. May be one day. Some collections and longer works are available on Amazon Kindle for anyone who wants to add my work to their library.