What the Dog Didn't Hear

Story Info
Perhaps some secrets are better left unspoken.
11.2k words
4.06
38.7k
44

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/22/2023
Created 05/30/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

WHAT THE DOG DIDN'T HEAR

Perhaps some secrets are better left unspoken.

This story picks up immediately from What the Dog Heard, so you may want to read that first. Does this ending part have the burning that some readers of WtDH asked for? Not really. Some 'fear of God' and slight singeing, perhaps, but sometimes a person's guilt can do all the burning required.

What the Dog Didn't Hear

Late Saturday morning, my wife Reggie and I showered together after our long, vigorous bout of re-introductory sex. I took my time lathering up every glorious inch of her soft skin, and even tried for a diddle orgasm, but Reggie's clit was too sensitive from all our action, so I let it be. Although we both did take soapy fingers in our anal canals. It could be that she accidently put a wild hair up my ass when she thought she was cleaning me out, because after drying off, I wouldn't allow her to dress.

"I am so far behind in Wifey time, that I want us to stay naked the whole rest of the weekend. Maybe longer."

Reggie rolled her eyes, but after hanging up her bath towel, she didn't try to put on any clothes. Most people probably would have thought we looked pretty damned silly doing our usual Saturday cleaning with our love handles and junk just hanging out, but watching my wife's ass and tits jiggling as she pushed the vacuum cleaner back and forth gave me a chubby.

She said we needed some things from the market and insisted we get dressed for that. When I said I wished it was National Nude Day so we could go out naked, she accused me of reading too many Literotica stories and that I'd better get any crazy ideas out of my head right now. Yes, she was happy our sex life had been revived, but it wasn't coming back to life as Frankenstein's sex monster.

When we got back from the store, I immediately stripped again, clearly meaning for her to follow my lead. She balked, saying I needed to give her a chance to adjust. I replied that I needed her naked right away because I had to fuck her again. From the touching and teasing we'd done while we were out, she was actually up for that idea too - at least in principle. Unfortunately, her pussy was sore from being so out of practice.

I still made her get naked. Then I eased up behind her and began massaging her shoulders. As soon as she started getting into it and her body relaxed, I bent her over the back of the sofa, knelt down, and stuck my tongue up her ass. I then used the bottle of Astro Glide we'd picked up at the store to follow up my tongue with my cock, something we hadn't done for years. There was a good layer of sarcasm when she thanked me for being so considerate as to give her poor pussy a break. But when she followed that up by also thanking me for reminding her how good my dick felt in her rectum, there was a lot more lust than joking in her voice.

While my willy was also feeling the strain of suddenly trying to perform like I was 20 again, rather than 44, it was my tongue that was most sore. Not from too much pussy licking, but from too much biting. I wanted to talk about what we were doing, to normalize it and get Reggie to open up about her body insecurities to help her permanently adjust her perspective. Fortunately, I had enough sense to keep most of that psychological drivel to myself and just let our actions keep the ball rolling.

Biting my tongue about the real elephant in the room was much harder, although I knew it was even more critical. I really wanted to talk about what had happened between Reggie and her seducer that morning at the pool. It was really fucking with me. Sometimes I'd almost forget it had happened or truly feel like it just didn't matter. Then I'd feel a rush of anger that made me want to hit her with it like a blunt object.

But, once, while sitting on the pot, one of the few times we weren't in each other's immediate company, I had an epiphany of sorts. The surfeit of contact, both physical and emotional, had exposed the sadness of our past couple of years in stark, ugly contrast. I'd never considered divorce before, but I suddenly felt sure that if we had kept on the way we were, Reggie and I wouldn't have been able to stay together.

These things were going to have to be spoken about at some point, but for now our marriage train was apparently back on the tracks and heading the right direction. I sure wasn't going to derail it before it had even made it out of the station.

One thing that helped me keep my own counsel was that Reggie kept giving off hints that she was struggling to keep the secret in herself. I was sore tempted to push her at those moments but that's when I bit my tongue the hardest. If we had any chance of getting through all this, it would be much better if she confessed without being accused. I'd waited years for her to open herself up to me as much as she had today. I could certainly wait a little longer for her to finish revealing the whole truth.

Saturday night we went out for dinner at a Greek restaurant we'd seen near our complex but hadn't visited in the two years we'd lived there. It was just the kind of Mom & Pop place that we used to love going to when we were dating and even later, with our boys. Simple, but with authentic and delicious food.

Looking over the menu, we talked about how diet needed to be part of our new fitness plan.

"I feel like such a daytime talk show cliché," she said. "I knew I was in a downward spiral as clearly as if Dr. Phil had told me himself. I felt bad about getting fat, so of course, I ate more." She shook her head in self-disgust.

"Hey," I said, taking her hand in mine. "If you come over to the office with me Monday morning, guess how many candy bars you'll find in my desk drawer?"

She gave me a small smile. "I don't mind a little potbelly on a big, strong man."

"Well, I do. So, what are we going to do about it?" I looked at the menu. "Do we only order salads from now on?"

In the end we agreed that too much self-denial would backfire; instead, we'd begin by not super-sizing, by sharing one dessert, if any, and by constantly supporting each other. We started by ordering two appetizers, but only one main dish to share.

Between the cleaning, shopping, and sex, we hadn't really done much about lunch, so we'd gone to dinner early. The place was mostly empty, and for some reason, being on neutral ground, and clothed, seemed to be making it easier for Reggie to speak freely.

First about weight and diet and then about 'it'. I thought she was going to confess her indiscretion with Aquaboy right there when she apologized for not believing me when I said I still desired her.

"I heard you, but I guess I wasn't really listening," she said.

I couldn't stop myself this time. "So, what made you listen today? You seemed pretty heated up when I came back from walking Trixie."

Her face flushed and her eyes dropped to the table. They stayed downcast as she took a sip of wine.

"I'm not sure," she mumbled. She opened her mouth as if to say something else, the big something, but instead took another sip of wine.

When she did begin speaking again, it sounded like the truth, but since it jumped right over the scene at the pool, some would call it a lie of omission. But it wasn't a direct lie, so I held my tongue, determined again to give her the chance and time to confess on her own.

"I was in the bathroom, peeling my suit off to take a shower, when I caught sight of myself in the mirror just as my...my tit popped out."

I had to lean forward to catch the next words.

"And I looked hot." She grabbed her wine glass and took another gulp of courage, while I tried to remember if she'd exposed her tits to Speedo boy.

She finally raised her eyes to mine as she continued. "I had this flashback of that time when we were first dating, and we went with a bunch of friends up to the lake. We were just a little ways away from the group for a moment and you asked me to pull down my top and flash you. Do you remember?"

"You were wearing that cobalt-blue one-piece," I replied, easily recalling a memory that would stay with me to my dying day. "You'd let me touch your breasts by then, but it had always been at night in my car or wherever we ended up making out. I really wanted to see them in the daylight because I knew they would be absolutely beautiful. And they were. And still are."

Reggie's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. And excitement, I hoped. After another sip, she said, "I remember the look on your face when I actually did it, when I pulled the top of my suit down right there. And when I saw my boob in the mirror like that it made me want to see that look on your face again.

"Then, while I showered, I kept thinking about that and how you had stroked my breasts the night before. Before I stopped you, even though it felt good," she added sadly. "But I concentrated on that good feeling and on that old look on your face and the next thing I knew I was using the shower massage on my--" Reggie paused and looked around the restaurant. There were still two empty tables between us and the nearest other diners.

"On my you-know-what, and I kept hoping you would walk in and find me like that and join me in the shower."

"Naughty girl," I said. "So, you had a nice orgasm in the shower and still wanted more when you came downstairs."

"No," she said quickly. "I mean, no, I didn't finish in the shower. It just didn't seem right to do that without you when I'd turned you down the night before. Especially since I was thinking so hard about being with you right then. And then this light bulb went off, you know? I started thinking, what kind of dummy am I?"

Reggie started ticking off fingers. "I still liked sex. You still gave me wonderful orgasms. And you kept making it clear that you were willing to give me as many as I wanted if I would just say yes. Oh, and by the way, despite acting a cold bitch, I was still very much in love with you. I just don't know why it took--"

Her words stopped in their tracks.

"Why it took what, baby?" I tried to ask gently; I don't know if I pulled it off. I could see her struggling, getting ready to let it out, but then she regrouped.

"Why it took me so long to realize that you still loved me and wanted me."

"I have to admit," I said. "I was starting to wonder if you still felt those things for me. If maybe you wanted something different out of life now that the kids are grown and gone."

A look of horror came over Reggie's face. "Oh, my God, no!" she said loud enough to make some heads turn toward us.

She reached across the table and took my hands in hers. "No, no, no," she whispered urgently. "My...aloofness, my...craziness, that was all about me not liking me. It was never about you. I'm just so glad you didn't let me wear you down or drive you away before I came to my senses. I love you so much, baby. Can you forgive me?" Tears welled in her eyes.

Forgive her for letting her insecurities nearly drive us apart? Yes. Forgive her for what happened at the pool? I hoped so. But she was still going to have to ask for that specifically.

I concentrated on the first thing when I said, "Already forgiven." When her tears began rolling down her cheeks, I said, "Now, let's get out of here before people start filming us with their phones to post online on one of those public meltdown sites."

She smiled at that and sniffled as she glanced around the restaurant and saw that we were indeed drawing surreptitious glances.

We didn't have sex that night, she really was getting sore from the sudden uptick in activity. But we had a wonderful cuddle and I think we both slept better than we had in a very long time.

--- --- --- ---

Sunday morning, I woke first and eased quietly out of bed. I made my way downstairs and googled how to make one of those egg white omelets I'd heard about. I sauteed the diced vegetables in olive oil instead of butter and used only about a third as much cheese as I normally would. They turned out a lot better than I feared; I could eat those again.

I didn't start everything cooking until I heard the shower start running and it was all just about ready to go when Reggie came down in her bathrobe. When she saw me standing there with nothing on but an apron to protect from anything that might come flying out of the pan, she gave me another exaggerated eye roll like Saturday, but shrugged off her robe and draped it over the back of her chair without a word.

When I theatrically bent forward with my mouth wide open, she harrumphed scornfully, but couldn't hide the smile as she fed me her beautiful breasts for a few seconds each before I had to take the eggs out of the pan and plate up.

In answer to her quizzical look when she took in the odd color of the omelets, I simply said, "Egg whites."

"But bacon too?" she questioned.

"Hey, this is still America, no one can take away our bacon."

She laughed at that and when she realized the five pieces of bacon were all there were for both of us, she grabbed three.

"That was pretty darned good," she said when we'd finished. "Maybe it won't be so hard to fix our diets after all." She got to her feet, came around the table and kissed me. "Thank you, baby."

"My pleasure."

"I have to admit, though," she added. "I'm still kind of hungry. Is there any sausage to go along with that skimpy portion of bacon?"

I pulled my chair back a foot and turned it sideways.

"Oh, that will do splendidly," she said before dropping to her knees.

I looked around for Trixie, who'd been prancing around my feet all morning while I cooked, hoping for me to drop something. But the little dog was apparently already catching on to the fact that she wasn't going to get any attention from us when Mommy and Daddy started playing with each other and she was curled up in her small bed in the corner of the kitchen.

Like a good dog, she stayed put when me and my limp dick pulled Mommy upstairs to return the oral favors.

The little cutie did, however, get our full attention with a long play session in the dog park after lunch. Then she was on her own again while we went for our first session as swim partners.

It was around 2:00, and the pool was pretty crowded, but that was to be expected on a beautiful weekend. We managed to get two lounge chairs together and began applying sunscreen to each other's back. I'd noticed that Reggie had been jumpy ever since we'd arrived and her eyes kept scanning the crowd. I had half a second where I just thought she was uncomfortable being around so many people in a bathing suit. But that made no sense because I could see three really big ladies around the pool who were having no problem letting it all hang out in public.

Then it hit me. Of course, she's looking for him. Another of those random rushes of anger made me feel flush. I studied her face while she was distracted searching the crowd. Was it anticipation and excitement there, or worry and anxiety? Of course, even if she would have liked to see him again, she'd be nervous as hell for the two of us to bump into each other. Which was it? For some reason, maybe foolish hope, I felt like she really didn't want to see Aquaboy again, for all the right reasons. Either way, she looked like she might get up and run at any second.

"Hey, you," I said, moving in front of her to block her view of the crowd. "Come in the water with me." I held out my hand, pulled her to her feet and led her to the stairs at the shallow end. The pool was too full of people, especially kids, for us to do any serious swimming, so we just bobbed around, enjoying the cool water on a hot day. I touched her lightly here and there under the water and we chatted about our sons, who we'd called earlier, like most Sundays. We laughed out loud when we imagined what they would have said if they knew their lumpy old mom and dad were talking to them while completely naked, with sweat, pussy juice, and cum splattered about various parts of their bodies. Gradually she relaxed, stopped scanning the crowd and began returning my subtle, but loving touches.

Back at our deck chairs, we kept talking, like a normal, happily married couple should. About the work projects I had planned for the week ahead and how she was going to rearrange her work time. She was required to be online for six hours a day for her remote job, and they used screen activity monitoring to keep track. She said that switching her six hours that usually ran from 10:00 to 4:00, back earlier in the day to 8:00 to 2:00 wouldn't be a problem.

When it was time to flip over from our bellies to our backs, we both pulled out books and read in companionable silence. Our love of reading had been an early shared interest and we'd always still felt connected when doing it together, even though I was more into historical fiction and she into mystery thrillers.

After another half hour or so, the pool had emptied enough of kids that we could use the roped off swim lane without fear of constantly bumping into a raucous game of Marco Polo.

Just like with our diet, we'd agreed to start our new fitness regimen off easily and build up. We did a full length of freestyle, followed by three of breaststroke at a much brisker pace than Reggie had been setting herself in her morning swims. Then we treaded water in the deep end for a minute or two to give our legs and hips a more focused workout. We alternated like that, doing just three sets of each and quitting before really getting tired. We hoped that starting slowly and allowing our bodies to adjust would make it easier for us to stick with the program.

We got naked again as soon as we got back to our place. Reggie even stripped off first, without any prompting from me. We had a lovely, quiet evening and I ended it by giving my darling bride a long, sensuous massage with baby oil, during the last ten minutes of which, I had my cock buried in her ass.

--- --- --- ---

Monday morning, I was happy to see Reggie putting on her home-office clothes to start the day, rather than her swimsuit and pool robe. Fortunately, her work was mostly solo and could be done any time. She would have some video conferences or IM chats from time to time, but if they were nearer the end of her workday than the beginning, her colleagues and customers would never know the difference.

I kissed her goodbye and drove off in my truck like every other workday. But for some reason, when I got to the intersection where I'd turn left to exit our private community, I found myself turning right. I cruised slowly along the outer loop road through the clusters of condos. I wasn't conscious of any plan until I came to the unit where I thought Aquaboy lived. Oh, Christ, how fucked up am I?

There was just one car in the driveway, but that told me nothing. I wasn't 100 percent sure I'd matched the little fuck to the right parents. Or that this was the parents' condo. Nor did I know anything about what cars the family owned. And of course, sitting there at the curb across from their place in a dual-cab F-150 with my company name on both front doors was such a subtle stake out.

Besides, what would I do if Joe College came out right now? Have a calm man-to-man and let him know he's busted and to stay away from Reggie? Or would one of the mini-waves of anger I'd been experiencing carry me over to sucker punch the little shit and maybe drop kick his balls? I knew that even if I started off calm, all it would take would be one wrong word, one wrong look from Aquaboy and I would be pounding him. And of course, however long he was in the hospital wouldn't be nearly as long as I'd end up in jail.

Shaking my head at my own macho histrionics, I put the truck into gear and followed the loop all the way around until I was coming up on the pool compound from the opposite direction from our place. I noticed a For Sale sign on a unit and backed into its driveway. There were a few small palms along the edge of the property that acted as a partial screen between me and the pool house. I wasn't hidden, but I wasn't obvious, especially if you weren't looking for me. And why would he, or she, be looking for me? I, on the other hand, had a clear view of the door into the changing rooms and the gate straight to the pool deck.