All Comments on 'What You See is What You Get'

by Alex De Kok

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
JDsellerJDselleralmost 17 years ago
Not very likely to ever happen!!!!!!!!!!

I deal with battered women everyday. I don't know of any of them that would be helped by a nude beach. Most are very afraid to trust anyone and going nude requires trust. I am all for different strokes for different folks but this would be very harmful to most abused women. It might work for some after they have healed, emotionally plus physicially. That would be much longer than this story enacts it. So I scored this story very low.

spider97203spider97203almost 17 years ago
Not likely, but wish it were

I have always like the good guy's to win. It's to bad that happy endings for abused women normally just don't happen, but oh what a nice place it would be if they could. I must be the romantic type i loved the story and the ending.

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 17 years ago
Damn good!

Always a joy to see a new story from you. This one was fun, the good guy got the girl, she overcame her past, the bad guy got a buttwhuppin, what's not to like? I have always enjoyed your stories, thanks for another winner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
DEelightful!

I too have a fondness for this type of story. I will be looking more of your submissions.

rachlourachloualmost 17 years ago
Great story

with a sweet ending! I enjoyed it, thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Brilliantly Crafted

I'm in awe, such a well crafted story, it might as well be a movie! I enjoy your writing style, your pacing, and your description, all excellently done. I wish there were more, though! I wanna know more about Margaret and Joe, and some of these other relationships you've brought to light! A sequel, please??!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Strong Work Author

Your talent is appreciated with hopes for more.<P>

With Very High Regard

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 17 years ago
Excellent

Very good love story and very well written.

sexstarvedmomsexstarvedmomalmost 17 years ago
I loved it

I agree, it was like watching a movie. The way you write its like not even reading but watching the story unfold. I will definitely reading more of you. Very well done. I loved you sonnet for NND. Can't wait to read more

RogueLurkerRogueLurkeralmost 17 years ago
wonderful

a lovely romantic tale. well done, alex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Great story...

I have just re-read the comment placed by the person who "scored the story very low", purely on the basis that the main character would not benefit from the experience of a nude beach, "in fact it would be harmful".

I have no experience of nude beaches. I have not been physically or mentally abused in the way described in the story.

I do not wish in any way to cause offence.... but please, lighten up!

I personally enjoy reading this kind of story; and recognise that it has, amongst other things, character backgrounds, scenery, motivation, intelligent scripting, linking to other stories, tolerance, humour, a dramatic build up leading to a resolution, and - could it be - a genuine plot!

This is fiction - not a documentary. The author is allowed artistic licence in his search for a good story.

For this reason I give it high marks - for craftsmanship, for a good story well told which gives real enjoyment.

If all stories on this site were assessed or marked purely on accuracy of content - we'd be looking around for something else to read!

BenLongBenLongalmost 17 years ago
Best of the Best

Fantastic read. Well written, a joy to read. Easily the best of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Pretty good

For me personally, I would have enjoyed the story much more if the couple whom introduced Anne to the nude beach were not related to her.

pixiesjuicepixiesjuicealmost 17 years ago
Feel good read

Always a pleasure to read your stories, this one was no different. I'm a sucker for a happy ending and this smile will last all day.. so thank you :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Worthy of its win

Alex - Excellent story. You excel at the nude resort stories, I recall.

cancapercancaperalmost 17 years ago
excellent

dont care what catagory you put it in this was well written thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Very nicely done

I love a good romance with love and respect. An ex husband getting his ass kicked always gets a giggle out of me as well. Great job and well worth the win.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
storyline too slow

sorry, boring

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Verbosity

The object of a sexy story is the SEX. Long-winded story telling is for putting children to sleep.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Smooth

Really nice story,without being"MUSHY"

Would love the author to write more of this type.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Lit Erotic

The erotic is in the build-up to the sex itself. This is not a stroke story but an erotic tale for literate people, people who know how to read and write well, and done by a master. Thankyou for the tale and the time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Finally

Not only did it actually put the Lit in Literotica but it was a nice relaxing read for a quiet summer night. A great line : "..she'd welcome a nice sweaty bout of horizontal calisthenics..."

Keep it up. :)

Emerald_DragonEmerald_Dragonover 16 years ago
Great

I really enjoyed getting to know the characters. Do we get a part 2? I hope! Could be interesting with the ex on campus!

debauched_angeldebauched_angelover 16 years ago
Good.

Liked it. This is good literature and makes a good read. Nice lead up to the actual sex too. I would like to see a part two. Although, as some other readers have pointed out: this story doesn't seem to have an erotic centre to it, and perhaps not best used as something to 'get off' on, but more as a fine example of fiction with a great realistic sex scene. Can't wait to see how the rest of your stories compare...

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great, Great, Great

I absolutely loved this story. Not the Wam Bam method so many authors seem to put into it. Love to see a pt 2 as well, and definitely a great job building the characters. Many thanks for the great reading.

BaiaBaiaover 16 years ago
WHY is it

Why is it that all the naysayers must leave ANONYMOUS comments. If you have something to say, don't be such a chicken-shit. Leave a name for god's sake!! Pussies all of you!

As for me, fabulous story...I do believe I'm going to go get off now....

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A Well-deserved First

A very literate as well as erotic story. It has whetted my appetite for more and I intend to satisfy that appetite very shortly.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Brilliant story

you can really feel the romance in it. The build up was well structured and the ending was erotic and exciting without having to be ultra hardcore crap. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
wow

what an amazing storyline. i was hooked from the start!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Erste Klasse!

"Erste Klasse! - First class! This writer has it!

This is to literature what naturism is to nudity.

PLEASE write more.

aplusdanaplusdanover 16 years ago
Great Story Teller

What a refrewshing author. He has a story to tell and weaves the sex into it. I have read several of his stories and enjoyed them all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Superb!

You know how to tell a story! Even though I read this one in parts but enjoyed it. You build the atmosphere and charechters beautifully. Please keep writing. And yes, I gave it a 5

QuietWolfQuietWolfover 16 years ago
Oh, So Sensual...

In light of all the other positive feedback that has been expressed, I am at somewhat of a loss as to what I might say that would add anything meaningful to those well-justified accolades. However, never one to let the fact that I do not know what to say stop me from saying it...

Like myself, I believe that many other readers of Literotica feel they owe special thanks to Alex for this story. To my mind, it is a wonderfully gentle narrative of pain and grief and the healing effects of trust and intimacy. I found that I cared for (or detested) each character almost as soon as they made their appearance. The slow building of affection and the trading of confidences between Anne and Tad as they began to care for each other was developed at a perfect pace.

Needless to say, the style of writing is vastly dissimilar from that of many of the stories in the Literotica collections. While I certainly do not mean to disparage any author who has given of his/her time to write and then graciously share their work with us, clearly many tales are written for a purpose other than that of this story. Rather than blatant carnality, Alex’s story creates a sense of sensuality and anticipation - traits that are so difficult to realistically develop in a short story format. Rather than a simple and perfunctory introduction to the characters, the life-stories of Anne and Tad are developed in a way that demonstrates the author’s skill and craftsmanship.

This is a story that I will leave on my wife’s pillow one night soon, confident that she will enjoy every minute she spends reading it.

QuietWolf

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Fabulous!

I loved the wordplay... and that you developed a plot before delving into the sex. Erotica is meant to be something that creates a complete sensory experience... Near the end, my heart was racing... my mind was stimulated... and I was wet. Thanks, Alex, for taking time to craft a sensory experience for us laypeople. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Magnificent writing

It's not often that you find a wordsmith who truly knows the language and who expresses it so elegantly, but I believe that finding someone who additionally couples that talent with a storyline such as this one is truly an author to revere and honor. Thank you so much!

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 16 years ago
First rate

Excellent storytelling and fine fictional writing. Thank you so much for a wonderful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Niiice...

Isn't it nice when an author takes the time to build up the sensual tension by tenderly creating a plot and fleshing out the characters? It makes it so worthwhile to read a story. Thank you for writing a story instead of just plain sexsexsex. We got a winner!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
This is an awesome story

This is an awesome story. It has the right balance that builds up the story line and lets the reader get to know the characters. The ending was very well structured as well, no cliff hanger here!

Great work!

matriarchmatriarchover 16 years ago
Great story Alex,

very well constructed, good character build up. And a happy ending. Perfect. Well done. Mat

pelouze2007pelouze2007over 16 years ago
Second story I've read, I'm hooked

Alex,

This is only the second story I've read on this site and I think you are a remarkable writer. I really enjoyed getting to know the characters before all the magnificent sexual climax. Keep up the wonderful work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Sentimental Trash

Soap opera with sex. Give the reader a character to uncritically sympathise with. Make her depressed and fearful after bad experience. Have her coaxed by caring relative into 'liberating' experience. Introduce her to a goodie. Have the baddie come back. Crisis. Goodie vanquishes baddie. Goodie then saves her by making love with her. And they all lived happily ever after. Uneven narrative voice. Bad dialogue; no one speaks like that: no snap, no wit, just flat and mostly expositional, and does nothing to delineate and individualise characters. Nude beach largely incidental. They might just as well have gone to the mall. Cheesy and sentimental happy ending.

Writing by numbers. Sentimentality is unearned emotion- James Joyce.

angelOFdemiseangelOFdemiseover 16 years ago
Don't mind the coward Alex

Whoever the fucktard is that left the cowardice anonymous comment entitled Sentimental Trash reminds me of your character Don. You're characters were great and honest. I loved this story. Its nice to have a change of stories on here. I've been coming to Literotica for around 10 years now and I must say in all those years this is one of my top five faves. Keep up the great work and nevermind the negative filled people who don't remember what a rush love, lust and raw animal instincts are like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
"Nice" story!

One or two comments have called this a "nice" story, and to my mind that is all it is. I would have expected something with more depths from the winning story.

It is really an updated fairy tale. I was expecting the hero to gallop up on a white charger just before the end.

Remove the graphic descriptions and it would fit nicely in a woman's magazine in the UK, somewhere between the knitting patterns and the recipies for seasonal fruit pies.

Many of us post annonymously because we don't want to be involved in any acrimonious debate about what is after all only a minor piece of fiction.

NurtureWarriorNurtureWarriorover 16 years ago
Not up to par

I was going to rate this an apologetic 75 but after reading other comments and thinking over what I'd read, I have to lower my score for it to a solid 50. I have no problem with and in fact enjoyed the overall plot. I just had problems with the fantasy quality - the extremes of stereotypes used. White Knight rides in as saves the damsel in distress - give me a break. And I also will concur with the earlier writer who suggested that a woman who had been so extensively abused by her ex would not likely be so well adjusted a mere two days after leaving her abuser. And I had real problems with Don. Both his over the top vengeance and the lackadaisical manner others dealt with is behavior. The man deserves to be fired from his roll as a Coach and sent to prison. He also desperately needs psychological treatment, not just a tete-a-tete with the White Knight. Besides, what was he doing in the same location as his wife, stalking her? That was never clear, just an assumption on Anne's part that he had some coaching activities there.

Alex De KokAlex De Kokover 16 years agoAuthor
A note from the author

I've noticed a few comments posted here, remarking that they didn't think my little tale was worthy of a contest win. All I can say is this - I wrote it; I submitted it; it was posted; readers voted; the votes were counted; I won. QED. Live with it!

In all honesty, I admit that if the votes were counted now my story would be languishing in mid-table obscurity, which is probably a more realistic end. However, on this occasion, I won. Cue satisfied glow!

And now, being serious, I'd like to say that any constructive criticism posted here is read, mulled over, and noted. My skin is not so thin that I cannot take criticism. Any writer posting stories here quickly realises that criticism comes in many forms, from "your story sucks" to "marvellous! Best story I've ever read". I've had both - neither was true. I try to respond to anyone who leaves a contact ID. I don't always manage, but I do try. Anyone posting constructive criticism need not be afraid of vitriol from me. I write because I enjoy it. I write to entertain - myself, primarily, but if I entertain others along the way that's all to the good. I'd like to be a better writer, and constructive criticism helps me in that aim, so keep it coming! Simple vitriol will be disregarded, if not deleted. Life's too short.

Alex

goddess_Jgoddess_Jover 16 years ago
love it

i loved it!!!!! amazing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
THEY DONT COME ANY BETTER

CALL IT KITSCH,BUT IS REAL (INNOCENT) FUN TO READ

photog112photog112over 16 years ago
Great story...

It's a perfect fit for the category. For those that didn't like it... remember that this is in the ROMANCE category. If it doesn't suit you, maybe you should check out a different category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
You have a way

Of creating an ending with all sorts of possibilities in just a few words.

Loved the story. Sure it was romance..written and read that way. And I enjoyed the read. And you can't ask for more. Except I do leave the story wanting to know a bit more of where they ended up...although given the genre, perhaps I do already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice Story....

... but, (there's always one, isn't there) it could have been a GREAT story. I'm not sure if you were trying to have this tale under a certain word count, or not. However, this tale needs more 'lead-in'. You begin with the story in aproximately what should be chapter 4 or 5. We get these one sentence glimpses of the background of the tale, but no in depth grip on what makes these folks tick. If you filled this in and posted it under "Novels" it could truely become a great story. Give it some thought. -Warmest Regards.-

SinsiousSirenSinsiousSirenover 14 years ago
Beautiful

I loved the spin and the way it all entiwned to bring true love to the life of someone who was scorned and harmed.

I felt like you almost knew it too well, the truth of the matter. As well as feeling my past in those words.

I enjoyed it all the way and couldn't get enough. Thank you for the beautiful work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
beautiful

A true craftsman at work.

A model for the rest of us

hathorbr1hathorbr1over 12 years ago
Great Story!

Loved it, loved it, loved it! That's all I can say!

paisley_maripaisley_mariabout 12 years ago

this was a pretty good story :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great!

Loved the story, I would have liked the day at the beach fleshed out a little more. Tad would have been turned on seein her naked as well as her seein him naked. And also I would have liked a round two in details on the sex part. Wonderful plot, flowed good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Meh

I guess in general, your story was pretty good. I like the nude beach setting, though it's a bit weird how her AUNT and UNCLE introduced it to Anne. The characters, in general, are nice. What I hate the most, and what I believe ruined this story for me, is the interaction between the protagonist and her exhusband. How is it possible that Anne, a supposedly level-headed woman married such a dickhead? It just doesn't make sense. And how is it legal for a COACH to bring his team members to a NUDE BEACH and make possibly violent trouble with his Ex-wife??? And the "fights" between them are so idiotically cliché, so unrealistic. Sigh. Otherwise, your writing is not bad. Grammar and diction wise, you did well.

Alex De KokAlex De Kokover 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you, anonymous

Your comment was a little harsh, but the points you made are valid. Constructive criticism of this sort is what I need.

Alex

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Good flow

Liked how the detail of the fight scene matched the detail level for the love scene. Balanced nicely. Couple of minor bumps around student interaction but these did not really detract from the overall plot.

Thx!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
opps You blew it.

On page one you said she went half way across to get away. Only her aunt and uncle knew her. How did her ex and part of the football team end up on the same beach a year later?

LuvinWritinLuvinWritinabout 11 years ago
story conflict

Page 1 says she went 1/2 way across the country to get away. The aunt and uncle are the only ones she knows there.

A year later her ex-husband coach and some of his football players are 1/2 way across the country too and at the same nude beach. She didn't act surprised that he'd come 1/2 way across the country to find her there either.

Also I agree with a previous comment. The NCAA would never allow a coach to take players to a nude beach.

This is fantasy but it can be stretched too far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
RE Thank you anon...

Something 'Anonymous' seemed to have missed was the fact that abusers (control abuse is still abuse) are generally pretty good actors, of a sort. In all honesty, there is an excellent chance she wouldn't have figured it out until after they were official. As far as that is concerned, it's not really a fault in the storyline. Though some other points that were made were quite valid.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Loved the story, definitely a 5*****

Just enough romance

even a bit of poetry

but

if "it's National Nude Day, and the club here have a special promotion. Bona-fide members, that's me and your Uncle Joe, we can take a guest in, and that guest can keep his or her clothes on. The club asks only that you wear a yellow ribbon on your wrist while you're here, to show that you are a genuine guest."

How did the ex husband/coach, and 4 of his football team, get in to wander around the private club on a private beach?

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
If you haven't read it

The officer that helped Tad during the fight after dinner has her own story and it is just as fun to read

"Kowalski Gets Her Man"

Johnny0432Johnny0432almost 7 years ago
It's a very well written story 5 stars

A Romance NO! An Erotic Coupling story. It could easily be a Romance. The nude beach is a turn off for me in a Romance. True love does NOT want their lover to be seen by anyone except them. Fucking can be romantic, but sex is an expression of love. Sex does NOT equal love. The two main characters NEVER said I love you, why? A second chapter would help or an Epilog...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A different tale...

Romances can differ. The lack of those three little words doesn't detract from the story. It's obvious that there is a chemistry between them. Yes, a sequel would be wonderful, but a follow-on not a justification. A wonderful story and well worth five stars.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Happy ending at least

I enjoyed reading the story and the characters. I'm just sorry that Gary didn't get more than an ass kicking. He should have been fired and jailed for encouraging his jocks resort to violence. Like Ted said, the lesson was probably lost on Gary. The boy that refused to participate in the fight should have been more recognized. Maybe he could have been the one to file charges against the coach that would have gotten him in trouble.

All in all, it was a good story with some hot sex thrown in for flavor. Nicely done, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Forgive me if someone mentioned this already ...

... but I wasn't up to reading all of the previous comments. I enjoyed it a lot, and the few loose ends (most notably that Gary still works for the same college -- having both Tad and Gary in such close proximity strikes me as a recipe for future unpleasantness) didn't detract from the overall quality.

But.... This is a small error, one over which I wouldn't normally quibble, but ... Anne is an English teacher, and thus would be expected to tell Lucy that she was not _especially_ busy. While there are a few situations in which "specially" and "especially" can be used interchangeably, this isn't one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

I did enjoy it. But the previous comments have got me confused. Just who was Gary? It sounded like they were directing their comments at her ex husband, but I thought his name was Don. Now I’m confused. But still a good story, so thank you, Alex De Kok.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
dumped

at nude beach 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Short, simple, sweet. Obviously, a five star.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang19554 months ago

Could use a second chapter. Truly enjoyed the story. 5☆

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlex De Kok@Alex De Kok
1364 Followers
July 13, 2023 - As some of you have no doubt realised, I'm writing again, albeit very slowly. My late wife was a writer as well, although not on Literotica, and I think she would have wanted me to continue. May 24, 2021 - I haven't posted anything for some time now, and it ma...

SIMILAR Stories